Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New York Knicks vs Detroit Pistons 1/7/2014 7:30PM

Veteran

What a lucky break. Felton's missed free throw works out in our favor big time.

Veteran

Clutch free throws by Melo. Detroit may have let us sneak away with this one.

Veteran

Do you think Woodson needs to tell our guys to make sure and not foul on a 3-point shot?

Veteran

We won that on the strength of our great 7 minutes in the 3rd quarter and Josh Smith's terrible play at the end of the 4th along with a nice offensive rebound by Melo and Kmart on that Felton missed free throw. Believe it or not, fellas, but we are now only one and a half games out of the 8th seed and not much more than that away from the 4th seed.

I'll take this win. They've shown significant progress in 2014. Nice third quarter by them. They HAD to win though. J.R. needs to get no minutes and fight for it like when he was trying to fight for a starting spot last season which might have been the reason why he won 6th Man Of The Year (I hope it wasn't because of the contract year). We have other young guards who need the playing time.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I dont know why Detroit let Smith take so many shots. Most of their shot attempts should go to Drummond and Monroe. Sad franchise.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Oh and in case you were wondering, yes, J.R. Smith tried - AGAIN - to untie somebody's shoelaces. This time, Greg Monroe's. Unreal.

Only a matter of time for JR to get suspended again....I think we win the games he's suspended, cause he has no game IQ. I'll take THJ all day over him

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Oh and in case you were wondering, yes, J.R. Smith tried - AGAIN - to untie somebody's shoelaces. This time, Greg Monroe's. Unreal.
    Seriously? smh...Woodson supposedly talked to him about that, and he did it the next game. What will happen? More minutes for J.R.

Veteran

It wouldve been nice having a 4 game win streak going against the Miami Heats in MSG thursday

Honestly, without Prigs and Chandler, the Heat are going to be a tough one to win. All i care is we beat the teams we are supposed to beat, that we already lost to...come on, really, Bobcats, Wizards, Celtics etc

Veteran

Originally Posted by petescud
    Only a matter of time for JR to get suspended again....I think we win the games he's suspended, cause he has no game IQ. I'll take THJ all day over him
    J.R. Smith reaches down near the shoelaces of Detroit’s Greg Monroe (left), days after doing the same to Dallas’ Shawn Marion (right).Photo: MSG; NBAshowtimeHD6

MORE ON:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

J.R. Smith was interrogated by the NBA concerning Sunday’s shoelace caper, but got only a “warning’’ and no fine, according to an industry source.
    “The league told him it can’t happen again,’’ the source said.
    Yet Smith was still up to his old mischievous ways Tuesday against Detroit, when cameras caught him with his hand near Pistons center Greg Monroe’s sneaker as they waited for free throws in what appeared to be goofing around. Monroe stepped away.
    “I wasn’t really too concerned about [getting fined],’’ Smith said after the game.
    When asked if he understood the message from the league, Smith said, “Yes and no. I’m not really supposed to talk about it.’’

Veteran

For us to win this game in crunchtime by 4 pts .. Shump's defense had to replace Felton at the PG spot .. and Kenyon Martin had to be on the court .. our other 3 players ..........

We lost a huge 19 pt lead in the 2nd half to (a poor foul shooting) .400 Piston team .. by giving Melo 40 minutes, and JRsmith 30 minutes (coincidence) the two are always on the court when we lose our huge leads in games.

Im shocked AR Smith would do this again. At first i heard he was fined 50 g's and I was thinkin to myself I coulda sworn i heard that he was warned, not fined. I guess I missed him doing this last night. To quote Kanye West from a song of his a few years ago, "This sh*t is F*ckin ridiculous"

Hardaway JR has not proven to me yet that he will be as good of a player as JR was last year but that doesn't even matter at this point. Mentally hes everything you want where as JR's lack of mental stability has hurt our team this year.

heat are goin to @ MSG and @ Barkley center

if Knicks are thinking bout win vs Heat JR and Felton should play same time as Murry was playing agaisnts Detroit

otherwise it will be Felturnover and JRbricks and airs

Woodson always know better