Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knicks looking to trade JR Smith

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I dont recall to many members Hoo Rayin over us signing (resign, and resign) JRsmith.
    Especially me .. I would trade Ballhoggers JR & Melo any day of the week.
    The two Ballhoggers develope some very bad b.ball habits in Denver ..
    habits that are to hard to break when u have two imbecile ..
    the owner & coach trying to build a team around two ballhoggers.
    Fans were lubby dubby goo-goo ga-ga….."J.R. Smith 6th Man Woody Father Figure has changed him"….on and on….lol!

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    this fool somehow managed to put Melo into JR's short comings...smh.

The corny pep talk was just a blip of what I surmised. The video was posted as a major slam on J.R. Smith. Although Meloclimatic was hamming up the situation it was J.R. who was a grillion times more a dope as he kept playing with a teammate on the floor. He actually almost stepped on Melo which would have been terrible. What a king clown

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Fans were lubby dubby goo-goo ga-ga….."J.R. Smith 6th Man Woody Father Figure has changed him"….on and on….lol!

Yeah I too, recall all the "JR.Swish" call-outs in the longest win streak since Patrick Ewing during the end of the season .. Win Streaks like that is like finally getting that ***** u been waiting years to get "ur High on life" its all good in the neighborhood. While JR & Melo was doing all the scoring .. Prigioni/Shump/Copeland/K-Mart/and Kidd's hustle defense won game after game after game in the win streak...

Not to many Knicks Fans wanted to resign JRsmith in the offseason .. especially after the postseason games.
    When we selected THJ in the draft .. there was no need for JR on the Knicks.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Not on this forum.

Superstar

Not on this forum.

Okay I stand corrected painting with a broad brush here……I did see it on a few other forums and the talk around the league he was a changed man and grown up.

Veteran

Okay I stand corrected painting with a broad brush here……I did see it on a few other forums and the talk around the league he was a changed man and grown up.

This forum has shrunken since last year or at least the people commenting....its seemed more people then not wanted JR back and were afraid we would lose him because he would be offered at least 6-7 million a year....people were scared of who would score if JR was not with us.........u are correct

Superstar

Originally Posted by skisloper
    This forum has shrunken since last year or at least the people commenting....its seemed more people then not wanted JR back and were afraid we would lose him because he would be offered at least 6-7 million a year....people were scared of who would score if JR was not with us.........u are correct

This is such irrational thinking. Like if you take so and so off the team then we score that much less in games….it's like come on. Is the same said about Tyson missing games? Like who is going to defend the basket or who is gonna catch the lobs in the half court? Who is going to flex their puny muscles at the crowd after dunking?

Smith is on the negative side of zero sum, maybe the worst in the NBA and when you're trying to change the culture of a basketball team, you don't take on head cases such as Smith.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jan 11, 2014 at 18:34.

Knicks wanna trade Smith?

Veteran

This is such irrational thinking. Like if you take so and so off the team then we score that much less in games….it's like come on. Is the same said about Tyson missing games? Like who is going to defend the basket or who is gonna catch the lobs in the half court? Who is going to flex their puny muscles at the crowd after dunking?

Smith is on the negative side of zero sum, maybe the worst in the NBA and we're you're trying to change the culture of a basketball team, you don't take on head cases such as Smith.
    Amen. Now let's hope woody keeps him on the bench

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I'm actually upset that JR Smith is playing good...I just wanted him totally negated so Shumpert and Hardaway can be our SG platoons. I guess the more JR plays good the better his trade value is.

Beat me to it. This mofo just extended his life support.

I guess the more JR plays good the better his trade value is.
    took the words right out of my mouth. Raise his value, then after the 15th, TRADE HIM!!!! Won't be long until he is acting up again.

I think its great JR is playing good. Win, win...Looks better for trade value, or maybe he doesn't want to leave the greatest city in the world, and will get his **** together and play his ass off again

Veteran

Originally Posted by petescud
    I think its great JR is playing good. Win, win...Looks better for trade value, or maybe he doesn't want to leave the greatest city in the world, and will get his **** together and play his ass off again

Old habits are hard to break

Superstar

Yah unfortunately JR just doesn't have the willpower to and mental toughness to stay focused and consistent. It's his 10th year in the league if he was going to mature it would have happened by now. It's a shame too because he's an incredibly dynamic player...what a waste of talent