Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knicks looking to trade JR Smith

Veteran

You know I really felt like he turned himself around last year, that he had grown up and found a home with the Knicks. I even wrote that I was impressed with his demeanor last season, looks like he was just playing for a contract.

George Karl said the Spurs or the Heat might be interested in him because they have peer pressure systems that keep guys like Beasley and Capt. Jack in line. I wish Karl was right but 30% shooters making 6M with his baggage are just not tradeable, Woj is right we're stuck with him. The question is how can the Knicks best use JR for his remaining years.

Obviously JR is of the weak-minded variety and Woodson is oozing passivity. Finally making a decision. A win and next game will show if he's (Woodson not JR who already proved he has peaked mentally) learned his lesson.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

J.R. Smith was raised in a suburban, middle-class home with two good parents and access to an excellent education. He had a tremendous high school coaching mentor Dan Hurley at St. Benedict's Prep in Newark, N.J. and he has long been taught the difference of right and wrong. Smith's always loved to play the part of a tough city kid, but truth be told, he's a soft, spoiled suburban jump-shooter.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    J.R. Smith was raised in a suburban, middle-class home with two good parents and access to an excellent education. He had a tremendous high school coaching mentor Dan Hurley at St. Benedict's Prep in Newark, N.J. and he has long been taught the difference of right and wrong. Smith's always loved to play the part of a tough city kid, but truth be told, he's a soft, spoiled suburban jump-shooter.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    And SG-JRsmith NBA career started in 2004 as the 18th pick in the draft by NO Hornets.
    In 2005 draft the Hornets selected PG-Chris Paul (CP3) with their 4th pick, to fit in the backcourt with SG-JRsmith.
    In 2005-6 season SG-JR and PG-Chris Paul started the season off as starters, within 25 games JR was reduce to a bench player.
    The next season (2006-7) in Training-Camp headcoach Byron Scott barred JRsmith from the Hornets lockerroom forcing the NO Hornets to trade JRsmith with future draft picks asap to the Chicago Bulls for C-Tyson Chandler.
    The Chicago Bulls accepted the JR & draft-pick trade, but never allowed JRsmith into their lockerroom, they put JR on the trading-block (same as Andrew Bynum) before he took off his NO Hornet jersey.
    The Denver Nuggets picked-up JRsmith contract in 2006-7 season, plus traded for super-star combo-guard Allen Iverson to make the Denver Nuggets a 45 to 50 win season team. JRsmith never became a starter on the Nuggets and average 24 minutes of playingtime (13 pts) during 5 seasons with the Denver Nuggets.

SG-JRsmith as a Knicks from 2011 to 2014 has not had any chemistry with any of the Knicks PG on the roster in 3 seasons .. which makes me curious about Chris Smith PG skills tandem in the backcourt with a SG .. namely his brother JRsmith...

Consider JR Smith another lost soul the Knicks wasted money on...Yeah we did that before. What i don't understand is how he hid it last year to some extent

Veteran

His shooting numbers are down because he's not being aggressive taking it to the rim like last year. Has to be the knee surgery taking away his athleticism, has he even dunked the ball this year? That's the mistake Grunny made knowing he was going to get knee surgery and giving him that fat contract, the Knicks never learn even after Houston, McDyess and Stat.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    His shooting numbers are down because he's not being aggressive taking it to the rim like last year. Has to be the knee surgery taking away his athleticism, has he even dunked the ball this year? That's the mistake Grunny made knowing he was going to get knee surgery and giving him that fat contract, the Knicks never learn even after Houston, McDyess and Stat.
    He did dunk the ball this year, at least once.

I don't know where his athleticism is at. For all I know it's the same. It seems like J.R. either doesn't give sh*t or he's afraid to take it to the basket. He was unstoppable near the end of last regular season when he was constantly driving to the basket and was at least for the most part taking good shots outside the paint.

Veteran

Originally Posted by petescud
    Consider JR Smith another lost soul the Knicks wasted money on...Yeah we did that before. What i don't understand is how he hid it last year to some extent
    I will say this for the millionth time .. Jason Kidd's veteran decision-making in the 4th quarter of 76 games (average 8 to 12 minutes of his 26 minute of playingtime in the 4th quarter), this is how we started the season 18-5 to lead to a 54 win season. We had great decision-making in the 4th quarter of the game lastseason .... Not like the poor 4th quarters we had this season.

It was Jason Kidd who recruited his ex-FINALS-teammate Kenyon Martin to the Knicks.
    It was Kenyon Martin who forced JRsmith to drive n slash to the basket.
    Before Kenyon Martin join the Knicks u rarely ever seen JR slash to the basket, or go to the free throw line.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I will say this for the millionth time .. Jason Kidd's veteran decision-making in the 4th quarter of 76 games (average 8 to 12 minutes of his 26 minute of playingtime in the 4th quarter), this is how we started the season 18-5 to lead to a 54 win season. We had great decision-making in the 4th quarter of the game lastseason .... Not like the poor 4th quarters we had this season.

It was Jason Kidd who recruited his ex-FINALS-teammate Kenyon Martin to the Knicks.
    It was Kenyon Martin who forced JRsmith to drive n slash to the basket.
    Before Kenyon Martin join the Knicks u rarely ever seen JR slash to the basket, or go to the free throw line.
    Jason Kidd was such a good point guard he managed to win the 6th man award for JR.

I miss him Kiya, we're lost without him

12th man

JR Smith was never a slasher though. Always been a jump shooter in Denver. He's just a dumb version of JJ Redick at this point...without the assist ability.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    [B]It was Kenyon Martin who forced JRsmith to drive n slash to the basket.
    kmart is still on the team... so what's the problem???

he didn't hide it. knicks being the knicks were too blind to see it. contract year, he goes all out. nobody even wanted this fool. right after he signs the contract he has surgery. all the other GMs could see it a mile away. funny how we always end up with players like that. so tired of dolan

Superstar

I keep hearing posters talk about his season last year but seriously when looked at closely it was nothing but volume. His numbers by and large were the same for his career. He shot more he scored more, who cares. So what he had a couple game winners(Orlando/Phoenix) check around the league especially this year guys are making them almost weekly. We have to be wiser and smarter as fans and far less emotional. It shouldn't have taken a untie shoegate to be the final straw for you all.

J.R. is this…..

"always has been and thus far intends to remain the same"

I remember before we signed him the general sentiment about him, from our fan base was very low. What changed? All because he donned a Knick jersey? I have no idea why so many ended up duping themselves into becoming one of his mistresses. He's been nothing but a huge distraction and/or a hinderance to proper player development. Nice to see Melo's early season pep talk got through to him.

This is the same Jackwad Imbecile who did this in a basketball game….

I can't believe we managed to outsmart the rest of the league and gave him 3 contracts And 1. In the meantime when he steps out on the court after his immature ways have worn off we'll get buttered up to this again.

Yummy that looks delicious….can't wait!!!!!!!

12th man

this fool somehow managed to put Melo into JR's short comings...smh.

Veteran

I dont recall to many members Hoo Rayin over us signing (resign, and resign) JRsmith.
    Especially me .. I would trade Ballhoggers JR & Melo any day of the week.
    The two Ballhoggers develope some very bad b.ball habits in Denver ..
    habits that are to hard to break when u have two imbecile ..
    the owner & coach trying to build a team around two ballhoggers.