Marbury 0-2 vs. top PGs. Tonite another big test.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Well, Well, Well, our top PG is doing it huh? Yea really good games. But, but, where are the wins? Marbury lost to Kidd, then lost to Bibby, and will predictably lose to Wade. Wade is going to eat him alive. I predict a poor out from Stephon b/c Wade is a great defender and even if Marbury just happens to slip by, he'll run into a really big wall with the name SHAQ written in graffiti. Marbury talks that he is the best but also says he is a loser like Kidd, Garnett etc. Well I always thought that losers should never talk. EVER.

6thman

Benchwarmer
Well i agree with you!! Marbury should never have said that!
I was almost chocked by what he said! He is not the best point guard in the NBA and even if he is, he should have shut up!

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
try 2-2 beccause he beat francis and cassell and in all 4 games he ahd better games then the opposing pgs

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
while i dont think he should have said that, he has CLEARLY not been the reason why they lost, i mean if ur a great point guard and u have no1 to distribute the ball to or play defense, ur not gonna get very far ;)

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
Blumatic said:
Well, Well, Well, our top PG is doing it huh? Yea really good games. But, but, where are the wins? Marbury lost to Kidd, then lost to Bibby, and will predictably lose to Wade. Wade is going to eat him alive. I predict a poor out from Stephon b/c Wade is a great defender and even if Marbury just happens to slip by, he'll run into a really big wall with the name SHAQ written in graffiti. Marbury talks that he is the best but also says he is a loser like Kidd, Garnett etc. Well I always thought that losers should never talk. EVER.

Wade is playing SG, and im sure the Heat would not put Damon Jones on Houston because its a mismatch and H20 would end up shooting over him like he did to Bibby yesterday. And Marbury did not lose to Kidd or Bibby. Truthfully he beat them, because He outscored them in points and assists. The Knicks lost to the Nets and the Kings.. simple as that.

1s1ah

Rookie
Billups should be mentioned in the same breath as the elite PG's of the league. Starbury is 0-1 against him this year (thanks to JCraws shot selection).

Stephon might want to actually win something before making that kind of statement. Confidence is good, but so is modesty.

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
1s1ah said:
Billups should be mentioned in the same breath as the elite PG's of the league. Starbury is 0-1 against him this year (thanks to JCraws shot selection).

Stephon might want to actually win something before making that kind of statement. Confidence is good, but so is modesty.

I dont really think so. Billups was just put on the radar last year. He won a championship with the Pistons and was MVP, ok good job. But I dont classify him as an elite PG. He's good, i'll give him that. His career avg in assits is 4.5 (Not elite) and his career avg in points is 13.3 (Not elite.) AND ONCE AGAIN, Steph is not 0-1 against Billups. THE KNICKS are 0-1 against the PISTONS. In that game the comparisons were:

Marbury- 18 Pts, 5 Rebs, 7 Assts, 1 Stl
Billups- 15 Pts, 7Rebs, 5Assts, 0 Stls

Marbury clearly outplayed him in the Point Guard Catagories which were- Pts,Assts and Stls. So for everyone who wants to start cutting on Starbury, saying that this PG and that PG outplayed him or beat him, check the stats and get everything correct. ONE player is not the whole TEAM

Blumatic

Rotation player
JaDaMeL05 said:
Blumatic said:

Wade is playing SG, and im sure the Heat would not put Damon Jones on Houston because its a mismatch and H20 would end up shooting over him like he did to Bibby yesterday. And Marbury did not lose to Kidd or Bibby. Truthfully he beat them, because He outscored them in points and assists. The Knicks lost to the Nets and the Kings.. simple as that.

This is not a one on one league. You do what you have to do to help ur team win. Steph can score 50 pts and kidd scroring 15 pts but if the nets win Kidd did what he did to make his team win. Steph did not period. Still lost. Steph cant put anything in the win column the Knicks do. My point is dont be cocky if ur team is losing. Kobe is probably the best player and the most cockiest in the NBA but his team is losing. Lakers lost respectabilty lost the intimidation factor. Kobe can say he is the best and we might all agree but if the Lakers keep losing then it doesnt matter. Marbury might be the best but so far it aint good enough. So Steph lest keep quiet be humble. A loud talking "loser" just looks bad period.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I agree that Steph was out of line saying he's number 1, even if it's true, which I think it is. I think Marbury is trying desperately to motivate his team. The Knicks are choke artist, we all know that, especially this season, considering the division they're in, they should be 6-8 games over .500 by now. I'm sorry to say that Isiah is going to have to gut this cancer of losing, the Knicks have by trading underperforming players that this roster is full of, first start with the coach of course.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
Cause he opened his mouth he died and the other guy got pist and showed him up, geeze.......

He to me is second to Nash right now and Jason Kidd is a pure point guard but I dont like him.....

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
at the moment id say nash is first then marbury. about billups, the offense doesnt really run through him that much and he doesnt have many assists