Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you believe the Knicks need a new PG?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I don't see why the Timberwolves would do that trade.
    iono, I just didn't feel like including Shumpert or Hardaway in a trade.

Thats why Im so nervous about the trade deadline.

Will a team accept anything from us if Iman or Tim aren't including?

Originally Posted by metrocard

It's sad that our young players can't even develop consistently on this team. There's no direction, except maybe a negative one.

Get a new coach, have Hardaway, Jr., Murry, and maybe Aldrich and/or Tyler be a part of the regular rotation, make a big objective to develop them, and cut Melo's minutes down. Hopefully Melo likes what he sees with our younger guys and takes a pay-cut.

I still want our team to get younger, but we do have a few young guys, why not make the effort developing them? Our team might be better giving them minutes rather than J.R. and Felton. J.R. is a fool and Felton is either on or off. I don't mind Felton as a back-up, he has his games, seems like a good guy, but yeah.

12th man

It's sad that our young players can't even develop consistently on this team. There's no direction, except maybe a negative one.

Get a new coach, have Hardaway, Jr., Murry, and maybe Aldrich and/or Tyler be a part of the regular rotation, make a big objective to develop them, and cut Melo's minutes down. Hopefully Melo likes what he sees with our younger guys and takes a pay-cut.

I still want our team to get younger, but we do have a few young guys, why not make the effort developing them? Our team might be better giving them minutes rather than J.R. and Felton. J.R. is a fool and Felton is either on or off. I don't mind Felton as a back-up, he has his games, seems like a good guy, but yeah.
    To me Felton is off all the time. If he plays good offensively hes playing worse defensively. not even a zero sum player ,he's negative.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Metro .... u shouldnt have went there
    Its hard to focus on a solution when so many are in denial of the problem ....

Lebron James is a Point-Foward, who can rebound the ball on the defensive-end of the court, and within 5 seconds are dunking the ball on the offensive-end of the court.
    The fastest ball handler in the league.

Our Knicks problem is simple ....
    Carmelo Anthony is not a point-foward .. nor is he a Power-foward.
    Carmelo Anthony is just a perimeter scoring-foward, we need to treat as such (Allan Houston).
    We need to stop treating Melo as our dum advertisement does .. "The Melo's Knicks"

Here's 8 of our biggest problems ....
    1) Letting Melo take the ball out of all our PG hands is our big Knicks PROBLEM.
    2) Letting Melo consistently dribble the ball from one end of the court to the other end is our PROBLEM.
    3) Melo is not a uptempo-running player.
    4) Melo never participate in a transition-offense or fastbreak-offense when it involves running from one end to next end of court.
    5) Melo is not going to commit any fouls the first three quarters of the game.
    6) Melo never ask to be taken out of the game for any reason.
    7) Melo is only worried about getting his stats.
    8) Our headcoach is a private when compared to General Carmelo Anthony.

The reason why Denver traded Allen Iverson were AI made every offensive-possession into a running transition play.
    Did u recall the season Melo went to the WCF, PG-Billups never let Melo bring the ball upcourt as a PG.
    That was the reason why a career 25 pts Melo only average 22 pts a game that season.

The following season with the assistant headcoach coaching the Denver Nuggets 82 game season (coach Karl out with season injury), the assistant-coach let Melo consistently take the ball out of backup PG-Ty Lawson hands to slow dribble the ball upcourt to average 28 pts in the 2009-10 season, plus to get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs...
    Do the after-math on Carmelo Anthony from that season .. the start of the 2010-11 season "Im goin FA"

The only way the Denver Nuggets could trade BALLHOGGER ISO-Melo was to throw Chauncey Billups into the trade too. Do u think Melo & Billups were good friends, or good teammates?

PS Chauncey Billups was a FA in the 2013 offseason, untill Sept. when Detroit sign him as a player to be their assistant-coach to tutor PG-Brendan Jenning.
    The Knicks had plenty of time and chance to sign FA "Billups & MWP" in the offseason to be our experience veteran leaders on the bench to give solution to tight situation to pull out a win.
    You make a good point but there is no other offensive force on the team. So I don't really see the Knicks winning if Melo takes fewer shots. The team is poorly constructed and Billups is long gone. Bring in a quality PG should be the first objective and bench Felton. I think Melo is willing to do all of the things you've mentioned as long as there is some consistency with the team and he can trust someone else to step up. That aint going to be JR or Stats so Melo has to play his game.

I've stated reasons why I don't think we do in the Team Melo thread. We don't have a star PG, but it's not like any of them are anywhere near the level of Duhon when he was on the Knicks. We even have youth with potential in Murry.

I don't see the point in making any big moves for a PG unless we could get someone special such as Rubio or Curry. Woodson has been at fault a lot with his coaching decisions.
    we dont need a star PG, we just need a legit PG....Felton is really bad...he honestly at best a back up PG (7th or 8th man off a bench)...

He doesnt deserve to start anymore but stubborn Woodson keeps playing the vets.

We got more production out of Tourre Murray who played in D league last season!

Pablo has all the stats pointing him to the ebst on floor general and when u watch game the offense flows more with him. Felton is a sg in a small body...a tweener that doesnt know how to use his speed to his advantage and he shoots too much.

Palo should start with Felton and Mourre backing up interchangably

im scared of this too...to be honest I am threw with Shump...i think he is overrated and has attitude problems. you see it on the bench adn when he yells back at woodson...dude needs to humble himself and look at his putrid stats.

Shump is a head case....Hardaway is a spark...Hardaway was made for this team...He has mroe value to me right now because of his offensive abilities

12th man

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    im scared of this too...to be honest I am threw with Shump...i think he is overrated and has attitude problems. you see it on the bench adn when he yells back at woodson...dude needs to humble himself and look at his putrid stats.

Shump is a head case....Hardaway is a spark...Hardaway was made for this team...He has mroe value to me right now because of his offensive abilities
    Too early to give up on Shumpert. We gave up on Ariza and look how that turned out for us. Shumpert has game and anyone who gives up on a player with only 2 years of experience will be made a fooled 3 seasons from now.

Shumpert proved he can play A level defense, Hardaway hasn't done that yet. Lets keep both.

We don't have any draft picks and they're our most valuable trade assets. We let go of one, we lost value as a team.

Veteran

Too early to give up on Shumpert. We gave up on Ariza and look how that turned out for us. Shumpert has game and anyone who gives up on a player with only 2 years of experience will be made a fooled 3 seasons from now.

Shumpert proved he can play A level defense, Hardaway hasn't done that yet. Lets keep both.

We don't have any draft picks and they're our most valuable trade assets. We let go of one, we lost value as a team.

Look at Prigioni's record as a Knicks starter....whats wrong with Woodson.

12th man

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Look at Prigioni's record as a Knicks starter....whats wrong with Woodson.
    Prigioni plays defense, passes and can hit the 3. Everything we need at PG, him and Hardaway would make a great back court.

Now we just need some rebounds at the 4 and 5. Who knows, maybe Aldrich and Tyler can surprise us.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Prigioni plays defense, passes and can hit the 3. Everything we need at PG, him and Hardaway would make a great back court.

Now we just need some rebounds at the 4 and 5. Who knows, maybe Aldrich and Tyler can surprise us.
    I'm trying to figure out how we beefed so much years back and I agree with just about everything you post now. With this front office fear that they might do something stupid out of desperation. I'm 50/50 on an Anthony trade. But if they trade anyone it should be him for draft picks, expiring contracts and/or young players with small contracts. Since this team is no better than the Gallo/Chandler Knicks I can't say that it would be a loss if we traded Anthony.

12th man

Originally Posted by donchris
    I'm trying to figure out how we beefed so much years back and I agree with just about everything you post now. With this front office fear that they might do something stupid out of desperation. I'm 50/50 on an Anthony trade. But if they trade anyone it should be him for draft picks, expiring contracts and/or young players with small contracts. Since this team is no better than the Gallo/Chandler Knicks I can't say that it would be a loss if we traded Anthony.
    I was like 18 years old back then, at 25 my mind developed and I see things a little clearer lol

At this point, Knicks need to make it clear what direction they're going.

Playoffs really doesn't benefit us in anyway except keeping Denver from getting a lottery pick(highly doubt Denver makes the playoffs in the West, so if Denver misses the playoffs, they get their own lottery pick which will be anywhere from 9-14)

if Knicks finish worse than Denver then we award more than we already did. We have to worry about this with Toronto in the future as well via the Bargnani trade.

I hope we trade Melo to acquire draft picks and clear cap space.

Not because I gave up on Melo, just because we have no value in Chandler, Stats and Bargnani's contracts...we gotta pay those contracts out and wait till they expire.

So much for that amnesty on Billups....