Emergency GT @Bobcats

petescud

Starter
I'm seeing with a healthy Stat, we have a decent bench. We need real starters. Really hope we start making better selection of the players we get. Me personally, i'd rather have 3 really good players, then resign Melo. Thats me. Too bad we couldn't persuade the Raptors Melo and a 2nd for Lowry/DeRozen (throw in someone else if you have to aside from THJ)

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Back to Back .. and Woodson up to his ole dum-tricks letting a 5-15 shooting Melo play 30 minutes before the 4th qtr. plus the so-call injury Tyson & Beno gettin playintime. Sitting a hot THJ on the bench when Tyson, THJ, and Beno should be the 30 minute players in this back to back.

4th qtr. and Beno got 7 min and the best stats on the court. with pts, ast, rbd, and stl

Kiyaman

Legend
Was the Knicks tired & aghausted in this game .. or did Woodson & Melo lose this game because upstairs big brass made Woodson DNP JRsmith this game?
We all should know by now that Mike Woodson would NEVER DNP JRsmith.

Then Melo playing like a bum for 30 something straight minutes before the start of the 4th qtr. ..
shooting 5-15 air-balls, making clumsy turnovers, plus the icing was Melo consistently dribbling the ball upcourt like hes the PG.

PG-Beno Udrih looked so good out there with fresh legs in the 4th qtr., u wouldve thought he be given 30 minutes tonight rather than 6 or 8 minutes playingtime.

petescud

Starter
Yeah, not agreeing w/Woody's descisions as usual....Personally, i would had played Melo 20 minutes. You could see he was dragging. Its a long season, and if we had better players it would had been a night to DNP Melo at all. What i see is the good coaches can rest their star players and still be in games. Look at Pop, he'll rest his big 3 and win games. I know, he's Pop

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah, not agreeing w/Woody's descisions as usual....Personally, i would had played Melo 20 minutes. You could see he was dragging. Its a long season, and if we had better players it would had been a night to DNP Melo at all. What i see is the good coaches can rest their star players and still be in games. Look at Pop, he'll rest his big 3 and win games. I know, he's Pop

:agreed: u are are absolutely right .. Felton, Shump, Melo, Barg, and K-Mart, all shouldve receive 20 minutes of playintime in this game.

We shouldve seen Beno, Murry, THJ, Stat, Tyson, Tyler, and Cole, receive plenty of playintime in this game.
There was no reason to see Carmelo get 40 minutes of playintime at the end of a back to back vs a 10th seeded team (especially when Melo played like shiiiii thru-out the first-half). Or witness Felton & Shump receiving 30 minutes of playintime when PG-Beno was healthy to play, and THJ was hotter than a fire cracker in the 2nd qtr..

Adding Tyler & Cole's 3 fouls each wouldve stop Al Jefferson from having a season high 35 pts.
Al Jefferson made me want to auction off Tyson Chandler to the highest bidder after the game.

Mike Woodson coached this game PERSONALLY to lose, loss, to end our streak.
Ha Ha .. What was Woodson explanation for DNP his son JR woodson-smith? Ha Ha

Broadway

All Star

The team looked like they mailed it in when they saw the Bobcats weren't going away. It's almost like they were feeling too good about winning 5 in a row as if to say to themselves they could afford to throw this game away.

But when looking at things from a broader perspective....

Boston has beaten us 2 times

Washington has beaten us 2 times

Raptors have beaten us 2 times

Bobcats have beaten us 2 times

There are certain teams we can't afford to lose games against. For the love of front running the Bobcats were like 1 of their last 9 games but took care of us pretty easily. Not to say it was shocking as it took everything we had to back into a win against the 2 Star Combo of Leoandro Barbosa and Goran Dragic the night before.

Kiyaman

Legend
The team looked like they mailed it in when they saw the Bobcats weren't going away. It's almost like they were feeling too good about winning 5 in a row as if to say to themselves they could afford to throw this game away.

But when looking at things from a broader perspective....

Boston has beaten us 2 times

Washington has beaten us 2 times

Raptors have beaten us 2 times

Bobcats have beaten us 2 times

There are certain teams we can't afford to lose games against. For the love of front running the Bobcats were like 1 of their last 9 games but took care of us pretty easily. Not to say it was shocking as it took everything we had to back into a win against the 2 Star Combo of Leoandro Barbosa and Goran Dragic the night before.

Oh in the Suns game, if Bledsoe was healthy the Suns wouldve ate us up alive in a ball-movement running-game, and Plumlee hitting the boards like Rodman. Remember the Suns were a .600 team all season.
Lastnight game we played against a 10th seeded team in the EAST .. Our bench couldve beat the Bobcats without any help from the starters .. no more to write.

Broadway

All Star
Oh in the Suns game, if Bledsoe was healthy the Suns wouldve ate us up alive in a ball-movement running-game, and Plumlee hitting the boards like Rodman. Remember the Suns were a .600 team all season.
Lastnight game we played against a 10th seeded team in the EAST .. Our bench couldve beat the Bobcats without any help from the starters .. no more to write.

Are you saying because Dragic didn't have his STAR...RUNNING MATE....SOMEONE TO RUN WITH in Bledsoe...a la his Robin to his Batman....is the reason he lost?

So Dragic and Bledsoe when healthy are .600 in the West and neither are Superstars/All-Stars/MVPs/Scoring Champs/All-NBAers/Franchise Players....no way...no way can't be.

tiger0330

Legend
Beginning to agree about Woody's poor decision making. Why was JR not playing in a back to back after having played the previous two games, Melo could have used the rest. Head scratcher re: Woody and JR's playing time, is he just playing head games with JR just to keep him on his toes. I'm in favor of benching JR but do it in a way that makes sense not flip a coin before the game to see if he plays and tell the media NO COMMENT.

Broadway

All Star
Beginning to agree about Woody's poor decision making. Why was JR not playing in a back to back after having played the previous two games, Melo could have used the rest. Head scratcher re: Woody and JR's playing time, is he just playing head games with JR just to keep him on his toes. I'm in favor of benching JR but do it in a way that makes sense not flip a coin before the game to see if he plays and tell the media NO COMMENT.

There is talk of Woody and J.R. getting into it about Smith being disappointed in his minutes during the double overtime win against Phx. Not sure if concrete here but that's the wonderment at the moment.

tiger0330

Legend
There is talk of Woody and J.R. getting into it about Smith being disappointed in his minutes during the double overtime win against Phx. Not sure if concrete here but that's the wonderment at the moment.
Just saw this on ESPN about him being late for a team meeting and getting into it with Woody.

You would think that if that happened, JR wouldn't be saying DUH why didn't I play Uncle Woody.