1/20/14: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets (2:30 pm)

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
other then melo... exactly what good players do we have???...

if u combine felton (Pillsbury dough boy)...beno.. and prick.. u still don't have a starting point guard... n jr.. the more I see him , the more he blows... these guys expend zero energy on D.. none..
Tim Hardaway, Jr. is a good young rookie. Don't know what your problem with Prigioni is.

I'd start Prigioni and Hardaway and have Shumpert and Murry come off the bench. The younger players would get a chance to develop and the Knicks might actually do better. I don't care if Felton and J.R. plays.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
4983560+_3065acc0eaece419eb6729411352c868.gif

Broadway

All Star
Tim Hardaway, Jr. is a good young rookie. Don't know what your problem with Prigioni is.

I'd start Prigioni and Hardaway and have Shumpert and Murry come off the bench. The younger players would develop and the Knicks might actually do better. I don't care if Felton and J.R. plays.

While I don't think Prigoni is terrible he's not remotely a long term nor short term solution. He's 36 about to be 37 so apropos...

ARRIVEDERCHI PABLO!

Then 86 everyone else. The only player I'd tolerate making it through the fire is TimBug Jr....Unfortunately we have to include him on deals to move the rest of the ALBATROCITIES.

Broadway

All Star
Still don't know what that guy is saying in that commercial.

If it's the gif I think it is Melo/Footlocker...In the original he says something to the effect of...."did you hear footlocker got their new shipment of Jordan's in" in the edited gif....he's saying something to the effect of...."did you hear the Nets run better ISOs with Joe"

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
While I don't think Prigoni is terrible he's not remotely a long term nor short term solution. He's 36 about to be 37 so apropos...

ARRIVEDERCHI PABLO!

Then 86 everyone else. The only player I'd tolerate making it through the fire is TimBug Jr....Unfortunately we have to include him on deals to move the rest of the ALBATROCITIES.
Prigioni might be in better shape than a lot of younger players in the league. Prigioni is a veteran who keeps the ball moving. Even if we get a good young PG, non-combo guards are rare now. The Knicks might need him even more if Woodson is still on the team. The Knicks would need a healthy version of last season's team as long as Woodson is on the team.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If it's the gif I think it is Melo/Footlocker...In the original he says something to the effect of...."did you hear footlocker got their new shipment of Jordan's in" in the edited gif....he's saying something to the effect of...."did you hear the Nets run better ISOs with Joe"
If that's what's being said in that commercial, still don't get it.

Edit: Well I do, I think.

Broadway

All Star
Prigioni is in better shape than so many other players in the league. Prigioni is a veteran who keeps the ball moving. Even if we get a good young PG, non-combo guards are rare now. The Knicks might need him even more if Woodson is still on the team. The Knicks would need a healthy version of last season's team to be on the team as long as Woodson is on the team.

Naaahhhh we don't need Prigoni. Actually had we not shot our wad to sign him so quickly we could have had someone like D.J. Augustin(making differences for the Bulls since arriving), or a post of mine copied from a thread before the season...signed someone from this list with a little creativity. Remember everyone wants to play in NYC<-------------------- or is that a myth?

Approximate First yr Starting Salaries
Robert Sacre to Lakers...for.....$790,000
Austin Daye to Raptors....for......$950,000
Alan Andersen to Brooklyn....for....$950,000
Byron Mullens to Clippers....for....$950,000
Wesley Johnson to Lakers....for....$950,000
D.J. Augustin to Raptors....for.....$1.025mil
Omri Casspi to Rockets...for....$1.025mil
Reggie Williams to Rockets....$1.025mil
D.J. White to Brooklyn....for....$1.025mil
Aaron Brook to Rockets....for.....$1.185mil
Anthony Murrow to Pelican...for....$1.185mil
Jordan Farmar to Lakers.....for....$1.185mil
Nick Young to Lakers....for $1.185mil
Ryan Hollins to Clippers....for....$1.185mil
Francisco Garcia to Rockets....for.....$1.265mil
Shaun Livingston to Brooklyn....for....$1.265mil
Andray Blatche to Brooklyn...for....$1.4mil
DeJuan Blair to Mavs....for....$1.4mil
Derrick Fisher to Thunder....for....$1.4mil
Earl Watson to Portland...for....$1.4mil
Jodie Meeks to Lakers....for....$1.55mil
John Lucas to Utah...for....$1.6mil
Ronnie Turiaf to Wolves...for...$1.6mil
Toney Douglas to Warriors....for.....$1.6mil
Jeff Pendergraph to Spurs....for.....$1.75mil
Jermaine O'Neal to Warriors....for....$1.9mil
Nate Robsinson to Denver...for....$1.9mil
Darren Collison to Clippers....for....$1.9mil
C.J. Watson to Pacers....for....$2.015mil
Eric Maynor to Wizads...for....$2.015mil
C.J. Miles to Cavs....for....$2.225mil
Chris Kaman to Lakers...for....$2.5mil
Tyler Hansbrough to Raptors....for....$2.5mil
Chauncy Billups to Pistons...for....$2.5mil
Will Bynum to Pistons....for.....$2.5mil
Demarre Carroll to Hawks....for.....$2.5mil
Josh Roberts to Bobcats....for....$2.625mil
Wayne Ellington to Mavs....for...$2.625mil
Greg Steisma to Pelicans....for.....$2.625mil
Mo Williams to Blazers....for....$2.75mil
Chris Copeland to Pacers....for....$2.9mil
Dorell Wright to Thunder....for....$2.9mil
Marco Belinelli to Spurs....for....$2.9mil
Mike Dunleavy to Bulls....for.....$2.9mil
Randy Foye to Denver....for....$2.9mil
Devin Harris to Mavs...for....$2.9mil then $1.3mil
Andre Kirilenko to Brooklyn....for.....$3.183mil
Gary Neal to Bucks....for....$3.5mil
Mareese Speights to Warriors...for....$3.75mil
Samuel Dalembert to Mavs....for.....$3.75mil
Elton Brand to Hawks.....for.....$4mil

Obviously not all home run signings but there was enough there to do better than what we have.

Broadway

All Star
If that's what's being said in that commercial, still don't get it.

Edit: Well I do, I think.

I guess the point is since Melo left TheGarden to go get some better/newer kicks, then Melo would leave to Brooklyn to go play in a better ISO system.

Taking a guess....

skisloper

Starter
Prigioni might be in better shape than a lot of younger players in the league. Prigioni is a veteran who keeps the ball moving. Even if we get a good young PG, non-combo guards are rare now. The Knicks might need him even more if Woodson is still on the team. The Knicks would need a healthy version of last season's team as long as Woodson is on the team.

Prigioni should be the starting PG playing 30 minutes a game.
The guy never knows his role....even today Woody plays him for 6 minutes then sits him until the last 24 seconds...why ??????

Just let him run the point...

In the 3rd...Felton airballs , then throws up a turnover and Woody takes Prigs out....

Woody then yelling at Shump as Felton falls apart...Guys do not know where they stand,,,,,,

Today Melo for 90% of the game did not play ISO Ball and had absolutely nobody to pass it to.....

Chandler looks completely lost.........

so hard to watch the Knicks.........

Just wish Woody would bench felton as the starter only and use Prigioni as the starter....

I mean how many times can woody try the samething and fail and him not see it.......

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Naaahhhh we don't need Prigoni. Actually had we not shot our wad to sign him so quickly we could have had someone like D.J. Augustin(making differences for the Bulls since arriving), or a post of mine copied from a thread before the season...signed someone from this list with a little creativity. Remember everyone wants to play in NYC<-------------------- or is that a myth?

Approximate First yr Starting Salaries

Obviously not all home run signings but there was enough there to do better than what we have.
I definitely think we had a shot at Nate. I think we might have been able to keep Prigioni too.

With Collison I have a feeling he only accepted that because of the Clippers were on the rise and Chris Paul was his teammate in New Orleans. Still though, it's surprising he took that pay-cut.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dolan refuses to let Nate come back. So ridiculous to not offer a young, athletic, explosive PG who's not gonna ask for much at all and seemed to love being on the Knicks.

Broadway

All Star
Woodson need to look n watch .. Kidd played Cancer Deron Williams in garbage-time

I will give Kidd very small credit here....He does not let the Player's clout(career/name) take hold of the team. He's benched Paul/Garnett/Williams all coming back from injury this year to not disrupt team rhythm(the little they've had) or to experiment with his depth slightly. They've also managed to check their egos at the door putting lots of faith in Shaun Livingston running the team. The only player who had slight difficulty in adjusting was Pierce returning from his broken hand but even he fell in line quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Deron come off the bench again.

Bigsav

Rookie
Coach has lost his players. Simple.

Unfortuately for the knicks fans Melo will be kept as the owner knows he will be the only reason people will watch the knicks play ball whether your a melo lover or hater! Plus his name sells merchandise!

If you want to follow the Knicks expect the next 3 years to be a rough ride!

Broadway

All Star
I definitely think we had a shot at Nate. I think we might have been able to keep Prigioni too.

With Collison I have a feeling he only accepted that because of the Clippers were on the rise and Chris Paul was his teammate in New Orleans. Still though, it's surprising he took that pay-cut.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dolan refuses to let Nate come back. So ridiculous to not offer a young, athletic, explosive PG who's not gonna ask for much at all and seemed to love being on the Knicks.

What about Livingston? What about Mo Williams?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
What about Livingston? What about Mo Williams?
I never cared for Williams when I saw him. I didn't follow his career so I dunno. Livingston has been good from what I've seen of him this season.

Devin Harris has been injured so much that I wouldn't offer him more than the vet. minimum, if even that, sad to say.

metrocard

Legend
Coach has lost his players. Simple.

Unfortuately for the knicks fans Melo will be kept as the owner knows he will be the only reason people will watch the knicks play ball whether your a melo lover or hater! Plus his name sells merchandise!

If you want to follow the Knicks expect the next 3 years to be a rough ride!

Welcome to the forum buddy.

metrocard

Legend
I will give Kidd very small credit here....He does not let the Player's clout(career/name) take hold of the team. He's benched Paul/Garnett/Williams all coming back from injury this year to not disrupt team rhythm(the little they've had) or to experiment with his depth slightly. They've also managed to check their egos at the door putting lots of faith in Shaun Livingston running the team. The only player who had slight difficulty in adjusting was Pierce returning from his broken hand but even he fell in line quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Deron come off the bench again.

I thought too many people jumped on Kidd too early and called him a failure too soon.. I believe he will be a great NBA coach, not now but in the future.