Time For a change. Suggestions?

Blumatic

Rotation player
Right. We dont need a blockbuster trade. Maybe we do have to wait what the team can do as a whole. But we have stars in Marbury and crawford. so we can with Shaqs, Wade's, Kobe's, T-mac's and all those guys. The players that are killing us are the Drew Goodens, , the Josh Howards, Marquis Daniels, Shawn Marions, Malik Allens, Udinos Haslems. Those are the guys that are killing us not the stars. The Stars get their points very night night. That is why they are stars. Its is role players that hurt. We do not have dependable role players. For example, in the Cavs,The game was close when Lebron was in the game, but when the bench came out for them the ran a muck. They hustled, the rebounded they ran they play physical. If were gonna make a trade. Trade for guys like those. Give me Oakelys, give me Masons, give me starks.

We have more offensive talent than the Knicks of the 90s, its just that they play so hard in the rebounding and defense department. We need hustlers - guys who can do the dirty work. Too many pretty boys on this team.

Thats the definite change we need. I belive isiah knows this is just that no one will take our useless players because they have high contracts. We might have to wait until they become expiring

Nyknicks15 wrote:

"Tim Thomas- This is the one Ive been waiting for, Everyone says Tim is an underachiever and dont get me wrong he is. BUT if you look at his stats for the most part every year hes played hes average over 10 ppg a season, In no way is that overly good but its good for what hes supposed to do on our team. We have Nazr who is steppin up and putting in big numbers, you have Kurt who gets the rebounds and averages over 10 a night, you have Crawford (when hes playing) averaging almost 20 ppg and Marbury who takes cares of the assists and 20+ ppg. With all them taking care of the ball each night where does that leave Tim??? No way is he able to put down HUGE numbers like everyone expects him to when everyone around him is putting down 10-15 buckets per person! Hes a big guy, 6'10 240, a decent defender and with all the problems at home settled Im sure hell step it up even more. "

WHOA....You made so many invalid points I don't even know where to start, but I will attempt to enlighten you as best as I can. Somehow, you managed to make one good point - Fans shouldn't expect 25 point nights from TT because, as you said, he is not the focal point of our offense, which is why everyone else takes 10-15 shots a game.

However, everything else just doesn't make sense. How can you say he is a decent defender? He is by far the worst defender on our already horrible defensive team. He does not defend in any way - his lateral defense is not there, which is why opponents do not break a sweat blowing by him and attackin the rim, and he often doesn't contest jumpers, not evening puttin a hand in someone's face. And you know what's sad about his defensive issues? That his athletic ability gives him the potential to be a great defender but because he doesn't put any effort, bad defense is shown on the court. And although Naz and Kurt are the team's rebounders, like you said, TT is still a Forward. As a 3, you have to help out on the boards. Go to NBA.COM, CLICK ON PLAYERS, CLICK ON TIM THOMAS, AND LOOK HOW MANY REBOUNDS he is averaging this season. Again, like you said - he is a big guy, 6'10, 240, so why does he play so small? Some things to think about:

-There is no excuse for being 6'10 and not even being able to average 5 bounds a game.

-What about how turnover prone he is? Half of the time we lose possession cause of how careless he is with the ball. He doesn't protect the ball well, and his passes are absolutely horrible. When a teammate misses a catch, 9 out of 10 times it is because he throws a pass at the wrong time and spot, not because they were too sloppy to catch it.

-What about his tendency to not look for his teammates, and run the 24 second clock down until he feels comfortable enough to go for a one on one match up in which he usually misses the shot

THE BOTTOMLINE IS THIS: it's not his game that we are mad at, it's the fact that he doesn't leave his heart on the court. Plenty of talent and athletic ability, 0% toughness and hustle.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW WHY TIM THOMAS IS HATED?

This is New York. You don't give credit where it is not due, and that is exactly what you are doing. In NYC, you gotta earn your respect. You don't already have respect and are only expected to live up to it. Dig what I'm saying?

nyfan33

Rookie
NY all day BABY is right about Tim Thomas. He is a liability, he doesn't accept his role in the team and he is not a part of the Knicks future. Having said that, he should NOT be traded this season. He is woeful at the moment and we are not going to get anything decent in return for him. But wait until his contract is expiring and then offload him (and Penny as well) onto a team looking to get under the salary cap in 2006.
The only thing is, Isiah will probably trade them for yet another small forward! Can't he see that what we need is a big man. Nazr was putting up solid numbers for about 2 weeks there but he is nowhere near a dominant centre. And he struggles mainly against teams who do have dominant centres. If you look at the team below (which doesn't feature TT or Penny) you will see that the Knicks have plenty of swingmen.

PG - Marbury/Norris/Brewer
SG - Crawford/Houston
SF - Williams/Ariza
PF - K. Thomas/Sweetney
C - Mohammad/Baker/Sundov

My opinion is that Isiah should wait until the offseason, and then trade Penny and TT for a defensive minded centre. He could even throw in Nazr or Baker to offset the other teams loss of a big man. The Knicks will only start playing good D when they have some defensive minded players on the team. There is only so much JYD can do!

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
what needs to be done is that the knicks need to completely unload their roster. this team is going nowhere, not now or in the future. they are destined for mediocrity.

id propose the following trade to the trailblazers:

marbury, houston, hardaway

for

stoudamire, rahim, patterson, telfair, outlaw and a 1st Rd. pick

we'd get rid of houston and hardaway, get about 35-40 million comming off the books, ang get a chance to start with new players that we could sign in the offseason

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
a knick fan said:
what needs to be done is that the knicks need to completely unload their roster. this team is going nowhere, not now or in the future. they are destined for mediocrity.

id propose the following trade to the trailblazers:

marbury, houston, hardaway

for

stoudamire, rahim, patterson, telfair, outlaw and a 1st Rd. pick

we'd get rid of houston and hardaway, get about 35-40 million comming off the books, ang get a chance to start with new players that we could sign in the offseason

Zeke worked too hard on this roster to scrap it on one trade. He isnt going to trade his Golden Boy for Telfair and Stoudamire. I dont think Starburys goin anywhere anytime soon.

NYKnicks15

Starter
time to respond i guess...before you complain about this and that why dont you go back and read exactly what I said...which im not even sure you can do seeing you cant even post a quote right...

First I said he was a DECENT defender i dont know what dictionary you're reading but decent to me means modest. Meaning NO hes not the best defender in the world and NO hes not the worst (thats Houstons job). He atleast gets in front of his man for the most part. I never said it was acceptable but its decent..

And you agree with Nazr scorring 13 ppg, Kurt with 13 ppg, Craw with 20 ppg and Marbury with 20 ppg where does that give Tim the chance to score as much as everyone says he should. Okay and if you want to go by statistics....Tim has been averaging 11 ppg and if you do the math thats only hmm 2 less than Kurt and Nazr NOT a big gap in the margin buddy...so are you saying Nazr and Kurt arent producing either?!?! oh and you can check that at NBA.COM, CLICK ON PLAYERS, CLICK ON TIM THOMAS :flippa:

Now the rebounding well Nazr gets 9-10 a game, Kurt gets 10 or more, and throw in marbury and crawford who avg 3 a piece themselves. plus the addition of Tims 5 or so. thats about 30 boards a game, and NO im not saying that is acceptable and YES the team needs to work on rebounds and more importantly OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS, but not just TIM the WHOLE TEAM.

In no way am I making a plea that Tim should stay on the team, (i say trade him in the offseason) and in no way am I saying hes part of our future. but im saying dont knock Tim all day every day! he is not the ONLY blame on our team, winning is a team effort and so is losing. Hes had a rough year with his family being seing and deaths on both sides of it. Give the man a break. I know basketball is everything in life to NY i lived there 15 years of mine! His play isnt acceptable and Williams should start if Tim isnt producing up to standards. But until you put on a New York Knicks jersey, come to the big city, play in front of angry fans in MSG and attempt to play up to everyones standards you have no right to diss him all the time and its a team that loses not just one player. so think logical here,

will he have bad nights? YES
will he have good nights? YES
should williams start? SURE
can we trade him right now? NO
can we waive him right now? NO

so like it or not hes stuck with us until next year, so you can waste your time complaining about him all you want and how he should be traded...but hes going to be here after you post your time-not well spent post....

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
I like the Jerome Williams starting and Tim coming off the bench. Tim is horrible with a main role on this team. I like him having a lesser role because he cant screw up as badly. Let's see how this plays out, Firing Wilkens if this fails is next. Then trade Tim.... Give them more time, hard to, I know, but let's see they are still 1st in the Atlantic for now.....

I want to ask, where is that pick n' roll play i've been seeing that was succesful in the middle of the season? This play was so succesful before the knicks scored at least in everyother possesion. Curry would give Marbury a high screen or really any screen then Curry and Marbury would go down then Marbury would find Curry for the basket down low. Curry CANNOT FIND A WAY TO BE OPEN DOWN LOW WHEN HE JUST STANDS DOWN LOW AND PUSHING THE DEFENDER AND GETTING A OFFESIVE FOUL. HE HAS TO MOVE AROUND AND THAT PICK N' ROLL PLAY IS PERFECT. I also think that pick n' roll play would help Balkman to with his athletic ability he would be able to find a way to lay it up to the basket. And for defense what i'm really going to say is basic. When they play defense is good that they hustle all the time but won't all of them just have a habit to simply PUT THEIR HANDS UP TO GIVE SOME PRESSURE TO THE OFFESIVE PLAYER. The way to play defense is to imagine youself (the defender) as the person with the ball. Then find ways you would be annoy of the defender and not be able to pass the ball or shoot. The Knicks have to play no mercy defense and offense. You guys should also play simple and easy offense and do not do stupid jump shots unless you are almost a consitant shooter like Frye and Marbury. Every possesion that you have in the game the whole team should have a inside game by driving in or posting up. You guys are not able to have a outside game anymore because you do not have Crawford. The example that I want to give of playing good defense and having a inside game is Q Richardson. He played really good depfense and also started up a pretty good post up game until he got injured and I think that really hurt the team. When ever Marbury or Mardy Collins drives in everyone must help and run inside and BOX OUT TO HELP GET THE REBOUND OR TIP IT IN LIKE HOW BALKMAN HAS DONE. BY BOXING OUT YOU CAN ALSO DRAW A LOOSE BALL FOUL. To end this I AM TELLING YOU EVERY GUARD AND FOWARD SHOULD DRIVE IN HARD TO BASKET IN EVERY SINGLE POSSESION. THEN EACH TEAMMATE SHOULD MAKE AN EFFORT AND BOX OUT AND GET THE REBOUND TO COUNTINUE THE PLAY. AND MOST OF ALL JUST HAVE FUN CAUSE ALL OF YOU GUYS LOOK SO MAD AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE TRYING TOO HARD. JUST PLAY

Lawrence Page from Woodside Queens NY