Bargs Tears Elbow - OUT INDEFINITELY

Scribbles

Rotation player
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...rk-knicks-andrea-bargnani-torn-elbow-ligament

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- The reeling New York Knicks have lost yet another big man with Andrea Bargnani now out indefinitely with a torn ligament in his left elbow.The team announced Bargnani underwent an MRI that revealed the injury. The 7-footer injured his elbow with under two minutes remaining in the third quarter of Wednesday's game, according to the team. He took a hard spill on his left elbow during the game while trying to attempt a dunk.
Bargnani remained in the game, making both free throws on the foul and finished the quarter. He also played the first three minutes of the fourth quarter and finished with 20 points and four blocked shots in the 110-106 loss to the Sixers.
The Knicks, who have lost five straight games, already are decimated by injuries to the front court. Bargnani joins forwards Amar'e Stoudemire, Kenyon Martin and Metta World Peace as Knicks who are out due to injuries. Carmelo Anthony and Raymond Felton also did not practice on Thursday but they were given a recovery day, according to the team.
Stoudemire (sprained left ankle and bone bruise) and Martin (sprained left ankle/tendinitis) have been out since Jan. 17. Their timetable has been at least two weeks for recovery.
World Peace is sidelined with a sore left knee and he hopes to return perhaps next week after undergoing platelet-rich plasma therapy.
Bargnani, the 2006 No. 1 overall pick, is the team's second-leading scorer at 13.3 points per game. He has started 39 of 42 games this season and also is averaging 5.3 rebounds and 1.2 blocks.
The Knicks are now down to Tyson Chandler, Jeremy Tyler and Cole Aldrich as their remaining healthy bigs going into the Charlotte game on Friday at Madison Square Garden.
"I just think injuries have just destroyed a lot of things that we wanted to set out and do," head coach Mike Woodson said on The Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco Show on ESPN New York 98.7 prior to the Bargnani injury news being announced. "The fact that we haven't been able to practice that much, Tyson has missed a helluva lot of games this season, Raymond was in and out, J.R. [Smith] missing the first five games [due to suspension], it has just been kind of a roller coaster ride for everybody.
"But at the end of the day, we are still in the hunt, we are not out of this by any means."

Kiyaman

Legend
I wonder if ....
Barg's agent askin questions "When Barg test result were negative he came back-out to play .. what happen?"

Scribbles

Rotation player
There goes THREE draft picks and THREE PLAYERS for Bargs.

Only the Knicks would give up that much for a player NOT in demand.

metrocard

Legend
Nah, don't you know? We're suppose to trade Melo and keep Bargnani. Melo is everything wrong with the Knicks.

metrocard

Legend
Looks familiar? This was last year. We threw away 3 draft picks + cap space for this floor. But these f@gs are still crying about Melo, directing their anger in the wrong place.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nah, don't you know? We're suppose to trade Melo and keep Bargnani. Melo is everything wrong with the Knicks.

Metro .... how well will Aldrich & Tyler do in our ISO-Melo system???
Have u notice each season how our bigmen are the ones that stay injury-prone

MWP/Stat/K-Mart/and Barg (injuries) are forcing puppet-Woodson to give playingtime to Cole Aldrich and Jeremy Tyler.
About time
We have 27 losses out of 42 games, and Aldrich & Tyler has average 3 to 5 minutes of playingtime per week.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Metro .... how well will Aldrich & Tyler do in our ISO-Melo system???
Have u notice each season how our bigmen are the ones that stay injury-prone

How well have Aldrich and Tyler done in any NBA system?
You act like these guys have a track record of success in this league, but to you Melo is holding down their careers from blossoming.

Man, honestly I'm going to say this in the most professional way but

May you please shut the uck up?

Aldrich and Tyler have been 15th men in their entire career.

How about they elevate their own play and Woodson gives them a chance?

I know for sure they can rebound and we need rebounding.

But you sound like a jackass every time you repeat the same ish about Melo every team.

Is-Melo isn't even a real thing. Woodson just has no control of this team. We've seen Iso-Felton, Iso-Smith, Iso-Amare, Iso-Bargs and Iso-Melo.

It's not something to notice either.

If you just notice now that Amare, Martin and Andrea B. are injury prone then you're late as hell.

Knicks traded for low valued NBA players and overpaid guys like Stoudemire and Chandler, players that their former teams thought were expendable and were not valuable in the long term.

Now we don't have a balanced roster because most of our money is owed to Stoudemire, Chandler, Bargnani, Smith and Felton...all 5 guys worthy of being cut for the lackluster season they've had this year and also for how damaging their contracts are on our cap.

Kiyaman, when the hell will you wake up and realize 80% of this roster either won't be in the NBA in 5 seasons and most of these players don't even rank in the top 30 of their positions.

We've invested money in the wrong place, just like you're investing your angry in the wrong place.

It's getting tired-some.
The only way out is to break the team up.

Aldrich and Tyler should play more minutes. We've already see Andrea and Stat and now they're out so theres no excuse for Woodson.

petescud

Starter
Well one things for sure, Denver will be getting a nice pick from us this year...sadly the Knicks have the best fans in the world, yet they can do whatever the f#$% they want, and we;'ll still be here....sad

paris401

Starter
How many more big men can we lose in a hurry? TRADE FOR ASIK!

big men... u consider the I-Talian a 'big' man... mr 2 boards a game a 'big'man... this is what they call addition by subtraction...

Attachments

• th[1].jpg
    th[1].jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 0
  • mister-softee-ice-cream-profile[1].jpg
    mister-softee-ice-cream-profile[1].jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 0

Kiyaman

Legend
5 minutes left in the Philly game, Bargs comes back from the lockerroom with negative results from his fall. Why wasnt Barg put back into the game?

The question above has resulted in Bargs joining his veteran frontline teammates of "Stat, K-Mart, and MWP" cheerleading squad. Prigioni maybe a couple of minutes of playingtime away from joining Beno's cheerleading squad.

How well will Cole Aldrich and Jeremy Tyler do in the Knicks ISO-Melo system???

metrocard

Legend
How well will Cole Aldrich and Jeremy Tyler do in the Knicks ISO-Melo system???

a_broken_record_5000_by_yotrailmix-d303uk71.jpg

jimkcchief88

All Star
It's melo's fault because he didn't catch Bargs before he hit the ground. That selfish,lazY, me-first Melo is too self-centered to catch his other teammates before they fall and hurt themselves. Did I get it right 3GDumE&Kiya:)

Last edited:

petescud

Starter
I think he's a goner if we're smart....the guys a worst ball stopper then Melo. Gotta be a way to include him in a trade. here we go again giving away draft picks for nothin. I hope Dolan learned his lesson

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I like Bargnani, but damn, three picks?

Bargnani's man-to-man defense has been great this season, but he needs to at least be decent on help defense.

tiger0330

Legend
Bargs being out may be a good thing, Tyler will get more playing time. Interesting we've gone on a mini-run here since Bargs has been out maybe all we needed is a big that plays like a big and not a stretch 4 that shoots less than 30% from 3.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
i'm so happy this fugazy mother ****er is out

biggest waste of space in league history,

GO TO CHINA BRO IF YOU WANNA PLAY LIKE A SOFT BITCH!