New York Knicks vs Charlotte Bobcats 1/24/2014 7:30PM

metrocard

Legend
62 points, 13 rebounds, yea....no assist but 0 turnovers. His team scored 125 points and in a 30 point blowout...what more can you ask for from a guy who's playing PF?

Wargames

Starter
yeah in the 2015 rebuild they got to plan at him playing PF for the majority of his minutes and then maybe a few at SF.

Broadway

All Star
LMAO!!!!! I go check the box scores in other games and Teletovic from the Nets has 24pts at the half. He's 9-11fg and 6-7 from 3pt range.

He finished with 34

here's a couple more gems for the night....

Chandler Parsons made 10 consecutive 3ptrs in 1 half.....OKC Thunder dropped 100+ on the Celtics without Durant nor Westbrook.

Sometimes you just have to keep things in perspective.

Broadway

All Star
This night was so abnormal....

Tobias Harris goes for 28-20......
Andre Drummond for 21-20.....
Marcus Thornton for 39 and counting....

lol @ this league...what is going on?

CoolClyde

what an amazing performance! I must have said HOLY SH*T over a dozen times during Melo's consistent drainage. a couple of them were for Jeremy Tyler, his block and JR assisted slam were fantastic! too bad for him his game was overshadowed by Melo's game for the ages. imagine if this game was not a blowout, and Melo was needed to continue playing.... 70 points?

a very special game for a very special player. props to Team Melo.

will this game be a spark for the rest of the season? Mike Breen and Clyde were wondering... we can only hope... and pray.

Rob Low

Rotation player
The greatest performance i've seen since Kobe's 81 point game. i hope Bargnani never comes back. Hopefully this is where we turn our season around, especially with the easy schedule we have in the next few weeks we can start building some momentum.

petescud

Starter
Great home win....and to top it off Melo goes off for 62, and probably could had 70 if they kept him in...Props for taking him out when they did, i just wanted to see him hit 70 for once in his life, and believe me it would had happened...Props to moving the ball around during the game, and not just iso non sense. I thought Tyler learned a bit tonight, especially defensively. He got burned a few times, but made some nice blocks, and i love his energy. Kinda reminds me of a young Kenyon. Go Knicks

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
The worst part is, and now we're back to reality, Melo obviously cant do this every game. These guys HAVE TO have Melos back here and actually perform like professional athletes. I dont see this changing anything.

But a final word of this performance tonight
:nana::flippa::nana:

SUCK IT

melochrist.gif

metrocard

Legend
The worst part is, and now we're back to reality, Melo obviously cant do this every game. These guys HAVE TO have Melos back here and actually perform like professional athletes. I dont see this changing anything.

SUCK IT

melochrist.gif

Man, it feels great....just to know these haters can't sleep right now.
What a great night.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer

SUCK IT

melochrist.gif

Trust me he will try. He has green light to shoot 30-40 times per game from his beloved idiot coach Woodson. Another reason I'm not watching Knick games anymore.

Meanwhile Nets 9-1 in january.....go BROOKLYYYYYN!!!!

Broadway

All Star
3G4G's pocket account.

Not a pocket account I hold it down very nicely. I think the last time Melo had a game similar to this in a Knick uni was when he played Boston in the playoffs, first yr here. Melo has been living off that performance for a while as he will this 62pt outburst(eternity for some). That's how it goes in this warped fanatical climate of sports we live but make no mistake about it....scoring is overrated. Those that feel Melo is what he is "a great STREAK scorer" place proper value on it....In the end this will prove to be true and we'll be right back the crux of the matter.

Look across the league....

Isiah Thomas dropped 38pts
Marcus Thornton dropped 42pts
Paul George dropped 36pts
Teletovic dropped 34pts
Chandler Parsons dropped 34pts
Curry dropped 33pts
Derozan dropped 34pts

While Melo's performance was the best of the night by a considerable margin... as he could have gone for 70 it still has to be kept in it's proper perspective. Take for instance Jamal Carwford being the only NBA player in history to drop 50pts in a game on 3 different teams.

Nut jobs like you are going to run with this tirelessly because really you've been the one with consecutive sleepless nights. You are the one that has been shook hence your comment about "it feels good to shut the haters up." You wear your heart on Melo's arm sleeves. Here's the difference between our kinds. You're the kind to create a bunch of cry me a river threads at a boying Melo, sticking up for him like you're on his payroll. I'm the type that will take his performance(s) for what it is and the next time he shoots 4-26 or whatever, you won't see threads from me about it because I've already accurately checked the pulse of Melo and surmised the kind of player he is.

For the record I was never impressed with Kobe's 81pt performance against the Raptors and I saw that game live. I didn't think his 61pts in the Garden was all that impressive either. Scoring has it's place and some players have produced those moments. Melo has a couple, 1 of which I alluded to earlier against Boston in the playoffs. It still doesn't justify paying him $30mil/yr just because he can do this 1 or 2/yr.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
I am less negative about Melo than 3G4G or Kiyaman and less positive about him than Metro. As last night's performance demonstrates, Melo is a phenomenal offensive player. Melo was hot, his teammates cooperated and Melo kept scoring. The performance, however, was an aberration. It was not the way the game should be played. I was more pleased with the play of Tyler and disappointed at the extended minutes constantly given Felton and JR. This was a blow-out. We should have seen more of Murry.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I am less negative about Melo than 3G4G or Kiyaman and less positive about him than Metro. As last night's performance demonstrates, Melo is a phenomenal offensive player. Melo was hot, his teammates cooperated and Melo kept scoring. The performance, however, was an aberration. It was not the way the game should be played. I was more pleased with the play of Tyler and disappointed at the extended minutes constantly given Felton and JR. This was a blow-out. We should have seen more of Murry.

My question to all the Melo Dime Tricks....

Has their expectations for Melo grown over this performance since this performance in their minds is a reason to keep Melo and rebuild around him? Or is the Onus on his teammates the next game and the rest of the season?

Does Melo's performance last night from the outside world suggest his value is at an all-time high?

If the answer to these questions are met with indifference it clearly shows one has to keep proper perspective for the performance....

Jamal Crawford scored 52pts for us on 16 straight shots made against the Heat, would anyone in their right mind after that performance think he was a starting 2 guard in this league? Could we have built a championship caliber team with him in the mix going forward as a starting 2 guard?

In 2009-2010 Melo scored 41pts and 42pts 2nd and 3rd game into the season, about a dozen games afterwards dropped 50pts, and then went on to score 40pts + a half dozen times the rest of the season. Denver built around Melo where did it get them? Do fans realize we're contemplating paying Melo $7mil more per season than he made in Denver during that time?

It's nice to know too, at Melo's halftime interview he said he came to the game with a mindset "he's tired of losing"....what was going through his mind the games prior to and why did he all of a sudden get tired of losing against the Bobcats @ home?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

Has their expectations for Melo grown over this performance since this performance in their minds is a reason to keep Melo and rebuild around him? Or is the Onus on his teammates the next game and the rest of the season?

Does Melo's performance last night from the outside world suggest his value is at an all-time high?

If the answer to these questions are met with indifference it clearly shows one has to keep proper perspective for the performance....

Jamal Crawford scored 52pts for us on 16 straight shots made against the Heat, would anyone in their right mind after that performance think he was a starting 2 guard in this league? Could we have built a championship caliber team with him in the mix going forward as a starting 2 guard?

In 2009-2010 Melo scored 41pts and 42pts 2nd and 3rd game into the season, about a dozen games afterwards dropped 50pts, and then went on to score 40pts + a half dozen times the rest of the season. Denver built around Melo where did it get them? Do fans realize we're contemplating paying Melo $7mil more per season than he made in Denver during that time?

It's nice to know too, at Melo's halftime interview he said he came to the game with a mindset "he's tired of losing"....what was going through his mind the games prior to and why did he all of a sudden get tired of losing against the Bobcats @ home?

Once again, you're putting everything on Melo.

skisloper

Starter

I think the difference is that Melo said Fk-it and he was going to do it his way.
He has listened to the fans and papers talk about how ISO Melo does not work.
He has listened to Woodson who praises the ISO Melo offense as he did for JJ in Atlanta.
Melo I am sure is hearing a mix bag from his teamates.

Think his mind-set is I will play the way I MELO want to play.....He tuned all his critics , coach , fans and teamates and did it his way..........He stepped up bigtime and made it a great night......

what does this game same for our Knicks season...just a plain out ZERO.......You never want a player to get hurt but I would love to see Felton sit for 10 straight games and have Prigioni run the show.
I

Broadway

All Star
Once again, you're putting everything on Melo.

No I'm not...all I'm saying has your expectations concerning him grown?

As fas as the season goes there is equal share of blame throughout this organization....owner down to each individual player.

The problem exist when posters like you try to pluck the Melo kernel out of the stalk of blame wanting to pitch the rest of the husk into the fire. Sorry this will never fly for me.

If Melo was paid more like a 2nd-3rd tier star and embraced such a role, then maybe it's viable considering moving forward with him. He'd have to commit to being sick and tired of losing before the season starts and become more of a bridge between his teammates. Be proactive instead of reactive, learn how to be a leader outside of scoring the basketball, learn how to properly deal with personal situations and the media. Doing these things makes everyone else fall in line, as they have a given responsibility too.

There will be times we need Melo to go ape, but there are many other times we need him masquerade his strength as a weakness in efforts to make others weaknesses stronger. Pretty much what Anthony Davis said should be his approach going forward. Everyone and their mom knows Melo can score...

Like Mase said...."Please Tell/Me or in this case Show Me...Something I Didn't/Don't Know"

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I think the difference is that Melo said Fk-it and he was going to do it his way.
He has listened to the fans and papers talk about how ISO Melo does not work.
He has listened to Woodson who praises the ISO Melo offense as he did for JJ in Atlanta.
Melo I am sure is hearing a mix bag from his teamates.

Think his mind-set is I will play the way I MELO want to play.....He tuned all his critics , coach , fans and teamates and did it his way..........He stepped up bigtime and made it a great night......

what does this game same for our Knicks season...just a plain out ZERO.......You never want a player to get hurt but I would love to see Felton sit for 10 straight games and have Prigioni run the show.
I

So this will be his mindset no matter who he's facing going forward? He played tons of ISO last night and it worked but more often than not it hasn't. If this will be his mindset for the rest of the season we're toast.