Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 123456789233353 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

i hope turiaf tries to prove the knicks made a mistake benching him over moz

This is perfect. Absolutely perfect. Stars wanna play with stars. Now we have two of them. More will come.

Chandler, Gallo, Felton. Well thats nice. That's like having three average cars in your garage. Would you give up your three Toyotas for one Mercedes in a heartbeat. Hell yeah. Same in basketball. That idiot who don't send Quantity for Quality is a fool. Look at Bulls. They were about to trade for Kobe Bryant but dident wanna give up Loul Deng. Look how that turned out.

Thank You Donnie Walsh. One of the best Knick trades ever. This will attract almost anybody out there to wanna come play in NYC...

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Wow the Knicks haven't learned s**t. Who the heck are our starters.
    Gallo would have no significant role w/ Melo on the team, Chandler wasn't going to resign since he's looking for a lot of $$, & who knows what Moz will become. The only one I would've wished they kept was Felton

Originally Posted by la2ny
    ^^welcometonyc lmao you crazy bro! I feel you though
    lmao my ***** im mad excited right now

LEGOOOOOOOOOOO

ill pipe the shyt out of LaLa right now!!!!!

Originally Posted by vrgadin
    you sir are a fool we now have 2 allstars in our lineup, ne 2 top 10 ballers in the nba plus traded our scrubs for denvers scrubs, yes gallo is a scrub to me, im happy with this deal, go cry somewhere else
    Ahhh the instantly gratified moron. Complete with bandwagon accessories! Go and be slow somewhere else.

Superstar

Originally Posted by YEARITEHERE
    Gallo would have no significant role w/ Melo on the team, Chandler wasn't going to resign since he's looking for a lot of $$, & who knows what Moz will become. The only one I would've wished they kept was Felton
    Gallinari would have been our sixth man. I think he would have been awesome at it, too. I think he could really lead the second unit and still get his 16 a game.

This is bitter sweet....Gallo, Chandler, Felton, and Timmy gone...

If it wasn't for the labor dispute we would have had Melo for free....

I wanted to keep Gallo because Fields is a bench player on a good team...

but welcome to New New York Knicks....maybe we can make some noise

Keep this in mind gentlemen, The CBA are entertaining the premise of a hard cap and eliminating the mid level exception or MLE as it's abbreviated. For those of you saying "We'll just build around STAT and Melo", "Vets will be lining up to play here", "Dolan's prepared to go over the cap", "DWill or D12 or CP3 in 2012" and so on, you could very well be hit with an abrupt reeming after CBA talks are concluded and changes are made.

I got a feeling this isn't the only move the Knicks will make before the deadline, otherwise why wouldn't you wait til the very last minute to make the Melo deal?

Also, would have been ok with this deal if Felton wasn't included. I think we gave up too much, but it's done now and he's in NY!

Superstar

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Keep this in mind gentlemen, The CBA are entertaining the premise of a hard cap and eliminating the mid level exception or MLE as it's abbreviated. For those of you saying "We'll just build around STAT and Melo", "Vets will be lining up to play here", "Dolan's prepared to go over the cap", "DWill or D12 or CP3 in 2012" and so on, you could very well be hit with an abrupt reeming after CBA talks are concluded and changes are made.
    There won't be a hard cap. No way. They will lower the cap, though. However, they will have grandfather clauses for teams that have been trying to rebuild.

I can't see the NBA screwing over teams like OKC who has money and eyes on Dwight.

I can't see the NBA screwing over the big market teams, either. They will have exceptions for franchise players.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Are you suggesting it would have been better to not make this trade & wait things out based on pure blind faith that Melo would sign with us as a free agent, assuming no franchise player tag is part of the new CBA & assuming there would be no change of heart in Melo from now til June? That's a huge risk you're taking with the future of your franchise going that route for the sake of holding onto a couple more role players, isn't it?

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Man, I don't like this. I feel as if the core that got me excited for this season, has been thrown away for stardom and not a team.
    MY.
    THOUGHTS.
    EXACTLY.

bottom line is melo didnt wanna hit free agency, cba scares him, nuggets were gonna sit on njs offer till thursday unless we gave them what they wanted, even if nj wasnt in the picture denver would have waited for what they wanted and if ny didnt concede, would have handed melo a pen to sign an extension with them.

we had to make the deal, and imho its not a bad one at all. ok galo isnt a "scrub" but hes not great.....felton swap with billups and a few scrub exchanges....for melo

FINALLY!! NY stand up!

im mad hyped right now. all this drama is finally over. cp3 see you in the summer

Funny how talking heads claimed we had nothing to offer DEN, no assets, and now after the deal they claim we gave up too much and was robbed?

Sheldon Williams better than Mozgov.

Carmelo better than Gallo.

Chandler was going at end of season anyway.

Felton younger but Billups better playoff player. Neither here come 2012.

Randolph amd Curry's contract hurts. 3 draft picks and taking back Balkman stinks.

But who wouldn't accept that pain to trade Gallo for Carmelo and Felton for Billups?

Gave up too much. Sure. But blame impatient Dolan. As long as he owns the team...