Page 19 of 124 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425394969 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 1850

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

  1. #271
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    It's been a while since I posted on here as work has me bogged down but after last night i am breaking my long held silence.

    I can't take it anymore. EC Player of the Month, a great April. But we finished this season pretty close to the six seed where we'd be against a pacers team we could beat. Why aren't we there? Because Melo didn't like the coach and quite frankly I'm effing sick of this.

    Never before in my life have I seen a Knicks player quit on his teammates, admit he quit on his teammates and then have all forgiven when he actually gave half of a crap on this team. This guy is a nine year vet, but he needs a coach to come in and hold his hand and check on him like a freaking six year old?

    This guy is a joke. Say what you want about amare who has not had a great year, he never quit on this team and these fans.

    And maybe if Carmelo cared for more than half a year we wouldn't be getting embarrassed by Miami.

    I don't know why people are so obsessed with playing the Pacers or Bulls in the first round. Yes, we probably would have beaten them 4-3 or whatever, BUT the Heat would have killed us anyway, no matter who our first round opponent was.

    Had we beaten the Cavs, we might have made it out of the first round (although I honestly doubt that). Anyway, Miami would have raped us in the second round then.

    So what'S the point?

    It's like a doomed man getting another weak before he gets executed.

    This roster is nowhere near good enough.

    Look what the Clippers did in one damn offseason...

    Look what the Spurs are doing for 15 years.....

    Look what the Thunder did in 3-4 years...

    our management is just freaking incompetent. Worst in all of sports, by quite some margin!

  2. #272
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    That was my biggest thing, it's that he quit on the team.

    And when guys were hyped about the little win-streak after the MDA firing, I was telling them, I said "dude, this guy QUIT on the team; you don't just change overnight like that; it's ****ed to do what he did and it betrays a questionable character and approach to the game".

    He's a bastard, and he's not a winner, and look, to my mind, we're entering an era that will challenge the Marbury days for wack sauceness.

  3. #273
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    I don't know why people are so obsessed with playing the Pacers or Bulls in the first round. Yes, we probably would have beaten them 4-3 or whatever, BUT the Heat would have killed us anyway, no matter who our first round opponent was.

    Had we beaten the Cavs, we might have made it out of the first round (although I honestly doubt that). Anyway, Miami would have raped us in the second round then.

    So what'S the point?

    It's like a doomed man getting another weak before he gets executed.

    This roster is nowhere near good enough.

    Look what the Clippers did in one damn offseason...

    Look what the Spurs are doing for 15 years.....

    Look what the Thunder did in 3-4 years...

    our management is just freaking incompetent. Worst in all of sports, by quite some margin!
    So because if we met the Heat later down the line we would have lost, we should just absolve someone for quitting on the team and get bounced in the first round instead of trying to make a run at it and gain some playoff momentum?

    That's the positive attitude I'm looking for!

  4. #274
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Thumbs down

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    It's been a while since I posted on here as work has me bogged down but after last night i am breaking my long held silence.

    I can't take it anymore. EC Player of the Month, a great April. But we finished this season pretty close to the six seed where we'd be against a pacers team we could beat. Why aren't we there? Because Melo didn't like the coach and quite frankly I'm effing sick of this.

    Never before in my life have I seen a Knicks player quit on his teammates, admit he quit on his teammates and then have all forgiven when he actually gave half of a crap on this team. This guy is a nine year vet, but he needs a coach to come in and hold his hand and check on him like a freaking six year old?

    This guy is a joke. Say what you want about amare who has not had a great year, he never quit on this team and these fans.

    And maybe if Carmelo cared for more than half a year we wouldn't be getting embarrassed by Miami.
    Yeah!

    It was Melo. Because when he was hurt he was faking! All he had to do was care, and then the MDA system, especially the defensive component would have worked! (Sarcasm)

    Go back to bed. (Seriously)

  5. #275
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Yeah!

    It was Melo. Because when he was hurt he was faking! All he had to do was care, and then the MDA system, especially the defensive component would have worked! (Sarcasm)

    Go back to bed. (Seriously)
    Say what you want about the MDA system...it's obvious Melo decided not to try. He admitted as much.

    I can't accept not trying.

  6. #276
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    KBlack, you always use logic in your thoughts, so you will never be doubted here. Speak your mind.

    I just don't think its fair to judge Melo in the playoffs because we're not a healthy roster right now.

    Our backcourt is Baron Davis and Landry Fields....Eisley/Anderson were better than that and thats pretty horrible.

  7. #277
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    KBlack, you always use logic in your thoughts, so you will never be doubted here. Speak your mind.

    I just don't think its fair to judge Melo in the playoffs because we're not a healthy roster right now.

    Our backcourt is Baron Davis and Landry Fields....Eisley/Anderson were better than that and thats pretty horrible.
    It's not as much the playoff output I'm concerned about.

    Fact is - we are overmatched and injured right now.

    My concern is that Melo didn't care for half a year, admitted he didn't care, and now we are paying the price by sitting at 7. Granted, we drew a bad matchup and probably could have drawn the Bulls. But we also could have drawn the Celtics, Pacers, or Hawks if Melo played to his ability.

    Edit: Sidenote - I honestly think if this series was Amare, Chandler, Gallinari, Felton, Wilson Chandler, JR Smith, Novak, Fields we probably win this series.

  8. #278
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    So because if we met the Heat later down the line we would have lost, we should just absolve someone for quitting on the team and get bounced in the first round instead of trying to make a run at it and gain some playoff momentum?

    That's the positive attitude I'm looking for!
    No, but it's completely irrelevant in our current situation.

    If he did what you said he did you are 100% right and I couldn't agree more with you, but Miami are still raping us and would have raped us.

    Melo is who he is, Amar'e is who he is, Chandler is who he is.

    It's the combination of players/coaches on our team that is just absurd and wack as hell.

    If everything was sunshine and rainbows the Heat would still rape us.
    We don't have a point guard, our center can't score apart from alley-op and the occasional putback, our power forward has no post game at all and is a below par rebounder, our small forward is a chucker on offense and a subpar defender, our shooting guard is in hospital with a torn ACL and our bench is a bunch of bull****.

    This roster is a chemical experiment gone horribly wrong.

    I'd cut everyone but Shumpert and Lin and maybe Jordan and start from scratch next season if I could.

    Try to emulate the Spurs way of building a team, because there is a reason they're good like forever.

  9. #279
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    No, but it's completely irrelevant in our current situation.

    If he did what you said he did you are 100% right and I couldn't agree more with you, but Miami are still raping us and would have raped us.

    Melo is who he is, Amar'e is who he is, Chandler is who he is.

    It's the combination of players/coaches on our team that is just absurd and wack as hell.

    If everything was sunshine and rainbows the Heat would still rape us.
    We don't have a point guard, our center can't score apart from alley-op and the occasional putback, our power forward has no post game at all and is a below par rebounder, our small forward is a chucker on offense and a subpar defender, our shooting guard is in hospital with a torn ACL and our bench is a bunch of bull****.

    This roster is a chemical experiment gone horribly wrong.

    I'd cut everyone but Shumpert and Lin and maybe Jordan and start from scratch next season if I could.

    Try to emulate the Spurs way of building a team, because there is a reason they're good like forever.
    I'm keeping Chandler. No way I'm cutting him under any circumstance.

    And, in fairness, the Spurs are awesome because they tanked and got lucky twice (Robinson in 87, Duncan in 97) and have the guy who is, in my opinion, the best coach in the league right now and probably over the last 10 years (yes, even over Phil).

  10. #280
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    lol it's funny how everyone is blaming melo when the clear reason that we aren't competitive is that Amare is no longer a great player. He can't seem to score anymore at his Natural position (PF) and he can't play defense or rebound for anything.

  11. #281
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by clumsy
    lol it's funny how everyone is blaming melo when the clear reason that we aren't competitive is that Amare is no longer a great player. He can't seem to score anymore at his Natural position (PF) and he can't play defense or rebound for anything.
    Amare had 18 points on 9 FGA last night.

    Melo had 30 on 26 FGA.

    Just sayin'.

  12. #282
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Look at more than just scoring. Amare has a much easier assignment vs. Bosh who i will say is kinda similar to Amare in terms of a defensive assignment. Bosh is also soft on the boards and defense.. Look at game one Amare 5 rebounds, 7 rebounds. Melo is being guarded by a much superior player.

  13. #283
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by clumsy
    Look at more than just scoring. Amare has a much easier assignment vs. Bosh who i will say is kinda similar to Amare in terms of a defensive assignment. Bosh is also soft on the boards and defense.. Look at game one Amare 5 rebounds, 7 rebounds. Melo is being guarded by a much superior player.
    Didn't we pay a bounty for Melo b/c he is the best Iso scorer in the league?

  14. #284
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I'm keeping Chandler. No way I'm cutting him under any circumstance.

    And, in fairness, the Spurs are awesome because they tanked and got lucky twice (Robinson in 87, Duncan in 97) and have the guy who is, in my opinion, the best coach in the league right now and probably over the last 10 years (yes, even over Phil).
    Tyson is great and I admire him for his regular season, but at nearly $14 million a year one might get a center who's more complete maybe?

    But this is not about Tyson and he's probably the least problem we have

    Robinson retired in 2003, didn't he? The Spurs are still in the mix every year snce he retired, so it's not only about The Admiral.

    Of course Tim Duncan is a huge reason they had so much success, but look at the great chemistry, depth and value they build year after year, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker - these guys might be Hall of Famers one day.

    In recent history they drafted Khawi Leonard, Gary Neal, George Hill, Tiago Splitter - all great value picks.

    Plus they got production out of McDyess in 2006 or so, after he flopped in New York.

    Pop is the best coach in the NBA, hands down, but he's not their GM is he?

    I just think the Spurs are incredibely well managed, probably the best managed team in the league over the last 15 years or so.

    The Knicks are the complete opposite, sadly.

    It was either Ernie Grunfeld's brilliance who led to our great 99 roster or the fact Dolan wasn't our owner back then. Don't remember that, when did Dolan buy the Knicks? After or before 99?

  15. #285
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    ya and Melo scored in Game 2 vs. the best defender in the league. What's your point.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 568
    Last Post: May 22, 2013, 20:42
  2. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread (revised)
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2012, 18:05
  3. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2012, 22:15
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 18:01

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •