Page 20 of 121 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526405070 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 1810

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

  1. #286
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by clumsy
    ya and Melo scored in Game 2 vs. the best defender in the league. What's your point.
    Yeah. He scored 30 points on 26 attempts. That's horribly inefficient for any player, especially the " best iso scorer in the league"

  2. #287
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    46% is not inefficient. We are much bigger than the Heat. We should be killing them on the boards. There are more problems than Carmelo...i think he's not our biggest one.

  3. #288
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by clumsy
    46% is not inefficient. We are much bigger than the Heat. We should be killing them on the boards. There are more problems than Carmelo...i think he's not our biggest one.
    Scoring 30 points on 26 FGA is inefficient...

  4. #289
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Oh boy another melo drama thread, let it go already are we really going to make a melo thread after every game now?

    yes melo is the down fall of the knicks

    he's the only reason we are down 0-2

    he's the only reason we dont rebound

    he's the only reason we cant get defensive stops

    he's the only reason nobody else on the team can hit their shot or get open

    he's the reason Amare wrote "im mad at myself on his twitter page"

    matter fact there's only one player on the knicks roaster and his name is Carmelo Anthony, lets completely ignore the other 14 players because however they play and whatever they do wrong on both ends of the floor is just FINE because there names aren't Carmelo Anthony.

    To keep it 100, BARON DAVIS AND CARMELO are the only ones who came to play this series because i don't see not one other player on the court doing a damn thing. Bibby did OK not expecting much from him & chandler is sick so i give him a pass.

    so............

    Wheres the


    Landry threads

    Amare threads

    JR threads

    Novak threads ...Edit: Novak is a 3 point specialist making 1 mill, i expect him to have a hard time with the heat if he cant get any open shots.. so he can get a pass to

    In reality we just dont have enough fire power to go up against the heat, and the injuries this team has suffered does not make our lives any easier
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; May 01, 2012 at 09:49.

  5. #290
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Oh boy another melo drama thread, let it go already are we really going to make a melo thread after every game now?

    yes melo is the down fall of the knicks

    he's the only reason we are down 0-2

    he's the only reason we dont rebound

    he's the only reason we cant get defensive stops

    he's the only reason nobody else on the team can hit their shot or get open

    he's the reason Amare wrote "im mad at myself on his twitter page"

    matter fact there's only one player on the knicks roaster and his name is Carmelo Anthony, lets completely ignore the other 14 players because however they play and whatever they do wrong on both ends of the floor is just FINE because there names aren't Carmelo Anthony.

    To keep it 100, BARON DAVIS AND CARMELO are the only ones who came to play this series because i don't see not one other player on the court doing a damn thing. Bibby did OK not expecting much from him & chandler is sick so i give him a pass.

    so............

    Wheres the


    Landry threads

    Amare threads

    JR threads

    Feel free to create any and all of them if you want.

    I haven't been on the board in months, I've never created a "Melodrama" thread.

    If you want to defend this crybaby who admitted he quit on this team and the fans, then go right ahead.

  6. #291
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Melo is a selfish bastard. He's a bitch if he doesn't get his way. He was in hero mode last night. Taking 26shots, most of them contested. Will never win anything with him. Another one of his famous/patented round one and OUT.

  7. #292
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Never before in my life have I seen a Knicks player quit on his teammates, admit he quit on his teammates and then have all forgiven when he actually gave half of a crap on this team.
    If any player quit on the team in the 90's, Ewing, Stark, Oakly and company wouldve prob gang raped his a**.

    Different era, different players, different fans, different standards....

  8. #293
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Man...these playoffs are really going to upset Knick fans...especially if we get swept, I can't imagine the **** we gonna read when it comes down to that.

  9. #294
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Feel free to create any and all of them if you want.

    I haven't been on the board in months, I've never created a "Melodrama" thread.

    If you want to defend this crybaby who admitted he quit on this team and the fans, then go right ahead.
    Lmao dude, AMARE just punched his flipping hand through some glass and not only QUIT on this team/fans but HIMSELF with that bonehead move.

    What is all this Melo quit you speak of?? Last time i checked when Amare went down with his back injury melo stepped in played PF and helped lead us to the playoffs in the first place.

    I dont know if you think Melo is superman or something, but he cant beat the heat by himself.. this is the boston series all over again Deja vu where we have our key players injured and Melo has to shoot a million shots to try and keep us in the game... only this time its against the best team in the league and he cant exploit Lebron the way he was able to exploit Pierce.

    I dont see him as a quitter at all, maybe a quitter for leaving Denver to play for a team he really wanted to play for... yeah you can call him a quitter for that, I admit he Quits on some plays to have a bitchfit towards the refs for some calls.. yeah you can call him a quitter for that... i really dont see how he's a quitter any other way when did he quit on the team? i think he quit on dantoni more than quit on the team


  10. #295
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Lmao dude, AMARE just punched his flipping hand through some glass and not only QUIT on this team/fans but HIMSELF with that bonehead move.

    What is all this Melo quit you speak of?? Last time i checked when Amare went down with his back injury melo stepped in played PF and helped lead us to the playoffs in the first place.

    I dont know if you think Melo is superman or something, but he cant beat the heat by himself.. this is the boston series all over again Deja vu where we have our key players injured and Melo has to shoot a million shots to try and keep us in the game... only this time its against the best team in the league and he cant exploit Lebron the way he was able to exploit Pierce.

    I dont see him as a quitter at all, maybe a quitter for leaving Denver to play for a team he really wanted to play for... yeah you can call him a quitter for that, I admit he Quits on some plays to have a bitchfit towards the refs for some calls.. yeah you can call him a quitter for that... i really dont see how he's a quitter any other way when did he quit on the team? i think he quit on dantoni more than quit on the team

    He admitted that he wasn't giving the effort on the defensive end when MDA resigned/got canned.

    Not giving effort = quitting.

    I don't know how much easier it can get than that. The words came out of his mouth, not mine.

    Edit: Not only that, you say you don't see him as a quitter. Then, in the next sentence, you list two separate incidents (besides him admitting that he quit) where you SAY he did quit. So...yeah. He's a quitter.

  11. #296
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Suicide rates in ny increasing with every game this series

  12. #297
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    He admitted that he wasn't giving the effort on the defensive end when MDA resigned/got canned.

    Not giving effort = quitting.

    I don't know how much easier it can get than that. The words came out of his mouth, not mine.

    Edit: Not only that, you say you don't see him as a quitter. Then, in the next sentence, you list two separate incidents (besides him admitting that he quit) where you SAY he did quit. So...yeah. He's a quitter.
    well hell, as many times Amare let players blow by him for easy buckets, and as many times he did not attempt to get a rebound we might as well say he quits every night and label him a quitter as well... lets blow this whole team up and build around Chandler & jeffries

  13. #298
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Great thread.

    The man himself doesn't deserve *any* shame or insult, but where are all the Woodson losers (sup, Ginger) who were creaming their pants a week or so ago, and brought out their pitchforks and bibles to thump the moment some reality on Woodson was shed, which is of course tethered to Melo, which is of course tethered to D'antoni and his exit, which in turn is directly linked to Walsh leaving.....which is of course all centered around James Dolan, and the James Dolan vision.

    Which is what we now have. Just with some lingering remnants of positives that Walsh (and D'antoni) helped bring to us, and that we have a passionate and gutty, even if flawed, head coach.

    Melo people, Dolan people, and Anti-D'antoni people are peas in a pod, and go hand in hand. This is all typical, James Dolan bull****....the only difference is some fans deluded themselves to deeply into thinking D'antoni was the issue, that they lost site of all perspective, and actually believed that he would leave and we would become champs overnight.

    What happened to us competing against anyone right away following D'antoni leaving?

    A quick historical recap:

    *Walsh and D'antoni didn't want to do the Melo deal. Dolan did. We lost players Walsh and D'antoni wanted; Dolan chose Melo.

    *Walsh wanted to re-assert control of his vision and the D'antoni's, Dolan resisted. Walsh left.

    *Melo quits on the team and D'antoni, D'antoni after proving huge success with Melo out and a reasonable PG, implores Dolan to move accept the past mistakes (see: above) and move forward, Dolan resisted, Dolan sided with Melo and against D'antoni. D'antoni, like Walsh, leaves.

    *Melo magically starts playing like Melo, despite playing in an offense that was virtually identical to what was there as D'antoni offense: centered around ball movement, players committing as a team, creating and taking lots of 3pters, and small lineups being used to great success.

    People are burying their heads in the sand if they don't wanna recognize the deep probs we got, and don't wanna open their eyes to what has gone down. The excuses for Melo, the hatred for D'antoni.......whatever, it can ALL be summarized by referring to it as one thing: Dolan's Plan.

  14. #299
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    It's been a while since I posted on here as work has me bogged down but after last night i am breaking my long held silence.

    I can't take it anymore. EC Player of the Month, a great April. But we finished this season pretty close to the six seed where we'd be against a pacers team we could beat. Why aren't we there? Because Melo didn't like the coach and quite frankly I'm effing sick of this.

    Never before in my life have I seen a Knicks player quit on his teammates, admit he quit on his teammates and then have all forgiven when he actually gave half of a crap on this team. This guy is a nine year vet, but he needs a coach to come in and hold his hand and check on him like a freaking six year old?

    This guy is a joke. Say what you want about amare who has not had a great year, he never quit on this team and these fans.

    And maybe if Carmelo cared for more than half a year we wouldn't be getting embarrassed by Miami.
    By injuring his hand, he quit on the team.

    And I do half agree with what your saying about Melo, he did quit on Antoni but I let that go only because it did get Antoni outta NY. We're much better off with that scum. And since woodson came in i have to give Melo credit for showing more heart and even making more of an effort on defense. Stats the one that im f*ckin sick of but i respect your opinion and i see where your coming from

    As far as what I see, Stat looks like far more of a quitter and earns a lower percentage of his paycheck then Melo. Carmelo definitely works harder on the court

  15. #300
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    We could get the 6th seed or even better if melo played defense better before woodson, then knicks could go to second round with a healthy lin back, then meet miami heat, by then knicks have more chance. Now, I dont think lin shoud come back since shump and stat are both out, no way knicks could win 4 out of 5.

    I like lin, shump,novak, tyson because they give out 100% and play with heart, especially lin, that is why so many people like him, though he is not a great player, nobody say we only can like great players. He simply make all players around him play better. plus he get paid like a below average player.

    This season is over for knicks, I only hope knicks can win 1 or 2 game later on , I will be very happy.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 568
    Last Post: May 22, 2013, 20:42
  2. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread (revised)
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2012, 18:05
  3. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2012, 22:15
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 18:01

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •