Page 38 of 121 FirstFirst ... 81832333435363738394041424344586888 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Originally Posted by xk3smith
    We gutted a decent team for this guy and now wants more money??? If you ask me, he can go to LA with Lebron and have a three-some with Kobe. Gonna be hard to be cheering for Anthony this season. I'll be rooting for Shumpert and Tim Jr.

Since JR Smith followed Melo here, maybe he can follow him to the Lakers......
    why is it going to be hard cheering for Melo

-he didn't say he was leaving
    -he didn't say he wanted the MAX

all he said was he wants to be a free agent and evaluate things, evaluate his career and the team

I'm hoping he takes less along with the Knicks finding a way to get him a #2

but the fact that you're going to find it hard to cheer for him is crazy

any player wearing orange and blue is worth cheering for except Chris Smith

Superstar

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    What I'm hoping for, this turns into an ugly Lin/Dolan pissing match and Dolan gets offended by Melo's hunger for money somehow some way.

Does anyone one of you Melo lovers want to calculate not only Melo's albatross future contract yr-to-yr but the Tax ramifications for the Knicks for the 2014-2015 season?

How's everyone liking that Brags trade now?

This isn't going to end well folks....
    It's the preseason, way to early to guage the bargs trade. Steveel Francis had 40 in a pre season game with us and didn't have any production that season. It doesn't mean much. We're not paying the tax ramifications so what's the deal deal. We're still gonna get players l, if we have melo and no draft picks how do we re build

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Superstar

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    It's the preseason, way to early to guage the bargs trade. Steveel Francis had 40 in a pre season game with us and didn't have any production that season. It doesn't mean much. We're not paying the tax ramifications so what's the deal deal. We're still gonna get players l, if we have melo and no draft picks how do we re build

Oh I love the "We as fans don't have to worry, it's not our money" stale joke of a rebuttal

The Knicks will be paying heavy Taxes this season and next year once Melo gets his new deal at an alarming repeater rate. Which provides more financial resources for the competition(league), particularly as they look toward those off-seasons when we CTC to all teams. Please step out of your naive bubble and look at the big picture.... short term and long term.

Oh and to correct your line of thinking, that's why Cablevision and MSG cable/ticket rates continue to rise and are amongst the highest in their respective markets. Who do you think pays those prices?
    Last edited by 3G4G; Oct 17, 2013 at 10:51.

Superstar

Oh I love the "We as fans don't have to worry, it's not our money" stale joke of a rebuttal

The Knicks will be paying heavy Taxes this season and next year once Melo gets his new deal at an alarming repeater rate. Which provides more financial resources for the competition(league), particularly as they look toward those off-seasons when we CTC to all teams. Please step out of your naive bubble and look at the big picture.... short term and long term.

Oh and to correct your line of thinking, that's why Cablevision and MSG cable/ticket rates continue to rise and are amongst the highest in their respective markets. Who do you think pays those prices?
    Well you're right and your way of thinking is that since we pay for tickets, memorabilia, cable, ect you can say we pay him but without your money they'd still do the same exact numbers. My point is worry about the team that's put on the floor minus the amount of money that is being paid to them. The team we have is competitive. Melo is gonna get a max and ticket prices will rise in ny with or Without melo and the games Will sell out because well its ny. But that's my point, we've never ever had a problem acquiring players just a bad gm during the 00s that brought in the wrong ones. However that's why teams have General managers they get paid maximize the teams dollars. Their profession is to exercise every option and find tricks to work the salary cap situation, to work the teams way around salary restrictions and ny will do that no matter what. Without melo we won't even be relevant and will be rebuilding for 10 years again.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Knicks were a .500 team before Melo.
    With him, we were a slightly better .500 team but still got bumped in the playoffs.
    So let's not overrate him.

In 2-3 seasons, I don't believe Melo will be worth that money. He'll be coming down from his prime and will be a very good complimentary player but not a guy you should rely to build your franchise on.

If Knicks don't win this season, trade Melo to a contender for draft picks and try to rebuild around two special prospects in the 2014 and 2015 draft, so we'll have a good team by 2017.

That's WAY better than being a treadmill team until 2017 where we'll have no trade pieces because we held on to overrated for too long.

Sigh, I just really dont want Melo to leave lol.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    With him, we were a slightly better .500 team but still got bumped in the playoffs.

In 2-3 seasons, I don't believe Melo will be worth that money. He'll be coming down from his prime and will be a very good complimentary player but not a guy you should rely to build your franchise on.

If Knicks don't win this season, trade Melo to a contender for draft picks and try to rebuild around two special prospects in the 2014 and 2015 draft, so we'll have a good team by 2017.

That's WAY better than being a treadmill team until 2017 where we'll have no trade pieces because we held on to overrated for too long.
    I agree Metro someone needs to look real hard at our roster and take a look at the lack of draft picks and the downside of signing a guy you'll be paying 29M bucks to in his mid 30's. Maybe the best thing that happens is the Knicks go 37-45 like that ESPN analyst thinks and Melo says he wants to go to a winner and we trade him for some picks.

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard

He's always been hella overrated his entire career and none moreso since he transversed here to the largest market. Our fan base became too desperate and are now punch drunk over this loser.

Let this sink in for all of you who call yourselves fans. All of you are conscious of money and it's value right?

Well when we traded for Carmelo that came with a half season payment of his 2010-2011 salary which was in the neck of the woods of $17mil and we extended him at 3yrs $67mil which kicked in 2012-2013. So if you cut $17mil in half and add it to $67mil you get roughly $75mil. Now add that to the potential 5yr $130mil extension....That's a payout in 3yrs for guaranteed money to a tune of $210mil....Okay you might say no doubt a lot of money but there have been plenty of overpaid NBA players who have made that and more...to that I say true but here's the kicker...

Denver only paid Melo his rookie scale deal and 1 5yr extension deal. His rookie scale contract was about 4yrs and $15mil and his extension was 5yrs $80mil.

So in almost 9yrs of basketball he made $90mil guaranteed.... but in only 3yrs of basketball with us he'll have made $210mil of guaranteed money!!!!! Nowhere close to championship caliber/level of play

This my friends is so disturbing on every level I can think of. And as you said we won't get the best of Carmelo Anthony he'll be declining

Superstar

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I agree Metro someone needs to look real hard at our roster and take a look at the lack of draft picks and the downside of signing a guy you'll be paying 29M bucks to in his mid 30's. Maybe the best thing that happens is the Knicks go 37-45 like that ESPN analyst thinks and Melo says he wants to go to a winner and we trade him for some picks.
    If we go 37 and 45 he won't get traded he'll just opt out and sign somewhere else. So without melo next year how do you plan on being competitive next year? Oh you accept rebuilding, so how do we get draft picks to rebuild please explain

Superstar

54 wins isn't slightly better then 500 its amazing so don't short change his season by mixing it with the lockout shortened or a season in which he got traded at the deadline. In 2 years he will be on the decline BUT who's to say he won't be a complimentary player by then. Who's to say shump won't develop into a star. Who's to say we won't package jr and Tyson for draft picks, who's to say after stat contract ends we won't sign anyone? Those are likely situations and not wishing on a star like saying stat will be an all star again. What if stat opts out this upcoming off season? Yeah I know why would stat opt out of all that money, well that's easy he can just resign for that amount over the course of 3 years and we land another stat to play with a re signing melo after this season. It's not like stat will get any other deals outside the league minimum anyway so he won't be turning down any real money by his standards. Don't get tunnel vision with our team, we're not a treadmill team and that can't be backed up with any kind of facts when we've tweaked the the roster and improved in every way, each year we get better. And the credit is givin to lightly contributing role players and the various gms well give credit to the only constant and that's melo. Point is we'll acquire him and other people if needed to be. Ny(in the history of sports) have never had a problem acquiring players. Its cool yall will all be on the band wagon once the wins start to pile up

Veteran

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    If we go 37 and 45 he won't get traded he'll just opt out and sign somewhere else. So without melo next year how do you plan on being competitive next year? Oh you accept rebuilding, so how do we get draft picks to rebuild please explain

You must not remember how we obtained Mr. Anthony's services, had to give Denver players plus picks. We're the only team that can sign him to a 5 year deal with 7% raises so hopefully if it comes to trading him we can SnT him for expirings and picks.

He's always been hella overrated his entire career and none moreso since he transversed here to the largest market. Our fan base became too desperate and are now punch drunk over this loser.

Let this sink in for all of you who call yourselves fans. All of you are conscious of money and it's value right?

Well when we traded for Carmelo that came with a half season payment of his 2010-2011 salary which was in the neck of the woods of $17mil and we extended him at 3yrs $67mil which kicked in 2012-2013. So if you cut $17mil in half and add it to $67mil you get roughly $75mil. Now add that to the potential 5yr $130mil extension....That's a payout in 3yrs for guaranteed money to a tune of $210mil....Okay you might say no doubt a lot of money but there have been plenty of overpaid NBA players who have made that and more...to that I say true but here's the kicker...

Denver only paid Melo his rookie scale deal and 1 5yr extension deal. His rookie scale contract was about 4yrs and $15mil and his extension was 5yrs $80mil.

So in almost 9yrs of basketball he made $90mil guaranteed.... but in only 3yrs of basketball with us he'll have made $210mil of guaranteed money!!!!! Nowhere close to championship caliber/level of play

This my friends is so disturbing on every level I can think of. And as you said we won't get the best of Carmelo Anthony he'll be declining
    You can pretty much say this about any star player who has never won a championship. To single out Melo is ridiculous. Kevin Garnett made close to a 190M with the Wolves and never sniffed a championship. Every star player whether they win championships or not is going to get paid the same amount of money. That's the way the CBA works.

Default MELO free agency down to Knicks/Lakers

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

many post says Knicks shoudl dump MELO

but

MELO wants to play with Pringles again?

all know that Lakers are Bryant team.

personally i see just msg from MELo that he just wana stong roster that can compete
    with Heat Pacers and Bulls

i saw some highlights Bulls Rose he is doin just same things as Lebron driving into the paint like John Wall
    and still only what u can do is +1

Christ. The season hasn't even started and Knick 'fans' are already hammering Melo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Superstar

anti-fan Any [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]/boy who purports to be a fan but who is actually engaged in dissing down, covertly or overtly, the object of a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], often for hidden agendas of their own; any fan who approaches their fan subject from the viewpoint of hiding their criticism under a false facade of appreciation; anyone offering veiled criticism as 'friendly' advice; anyone offering unwanted critiques, analysis or opinions which are thinly or poorly-veiled attacks or backstabbing. Anti-fans often purposefully start [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Key style of an anti-fan is to appear reasonable and concerned at all times, often quoting dubious "sources" in their arguments.

theres like 4 in this thread alone.