Page 45 of 119 FirstFirst ... 152539404142434445464748495051657595 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    I "RISKED MY CASE" being wrong with Melo....(that's right I said risked and not rest) and Melo proves me right as I didn't have the full article at hand. I must say it was obviously too easy as I see right through his veneer.

WOW this dude will go down as the most overrated basketball player ever when it's all said and done.
    Yeah, when Melo hang up his sneakers, I put Melo-performance above T-Mac, and next to the 1970's Ice-Man

Stop with the arm injury, the only injury ISO-Melo have is selfish-ballhoggin
    If my arm wasnt above 65% .. I would not be taking 25 shots, or playing 42 minutes a game.
    I would be resting my arm by workin on my teammates scoring .. running ball-movement plays where I screen or pick for a teammate .. Plus to stop certain sports annoucers from sayin I'm a CHUCKER

Veteran

I wonder if Dolan's watching ISO-Melo on "Shaq n da Fools"

TNT Kenny Smith, Barkley, and Shaq, are conspiring that ISO-Melo's a CHUCKER .. can u believe that LOL

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    La La's nothing but a starve for attention C List Hollywood Bumette. A lot of NBA players have beautiful looking wives.
    LaLa is actually natural though.

Veteran

I would have to call up all my ex-wives to explain La La big-eyes, and outstanding great shape to fit her round butt is Sunshine sunshine SUNSHINE...

Superstar

Much like Melo.....La La is very overrated please figure out how to get yourselves out of the Melo world for the love of being a STAN....

porschla-coleman_0.jpg

Veteran

As DMX said in Belly"here we go again..." Um um um

Veteran

KNICK fans in a nutshell: complain about your best player um um um. I guess the scoring title wasn't enough....I mean STAT is on the BENCH making STARBURY $$$$ and that's Melo's fault. When MeLo leaves at the end of the season and we are into our 10th rebuild in 11 years chasing the next great white hope don't say s***t cause it's what you wanted. I happen like this teams toughness. Give em a chance to learn to play together and gel....

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    KNICK fans in a nutshell: complain about your best player um um um. I guess the scoring title wasn't enough....I mean STAT is on the BENCH making STARBURY $$$$ and that's Melo's fault. When MeLo leaves at the end of the season and we are into our 10th rebuild in 11 years chasing the next great white hope don't say s***t cause it's what you wanted. I happen like this teams toughness. Give em a chance to learn to play together and gel....
    Did the 2004 to 2010 Denver Nuggets Gell, or did they just win reg-season games from ISO-Melo high scoring.
    Thats far away from a title shot. Dolan only cared bout the market $$$ of Melo's scoring hype in MSG.

This season is a crap-shoot .500 .. and we need our 2014. 1st round pick back we gave up for Melo, and the 2nd rounder we gave up for Barg is in question .......

Only what i demand from MELO is more passing to teammates and limit cruchtime

each quarter which is coming to end MELO have ball why?

each game which is starting @ MSG MELO is shooting 1st

i can say that he is playing with pressure over Lebron and i dont get why just dont play own game.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I really don't see Melo as the problem, someone help me out here.

I know we gutted our roster for Melo which leads to the roster we have today but,

He's been playing well for a guy with a messed up arm.
    I've got to side with you on this one. I'm not really a Melo fan but I respect him. My criticism isn't so much with him but with the offensive strategy of letting him jack up shots for 40 mins at will. Doesn't seem like a sustainable strategy. But, I don't really want to leave our team in the hands of JR ether. With Amare's chronic injuries there's no one else.

Melo's going to be Melo. Everyone else has to play some serious defense and take care of the damn ball. Between Meta, Shumpert and Kmart there are enough defenders for the Knicks to do better and still allow Melo to jack up his 40 shots.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Did the 2004 to 2010 Denver Nuggets Gell, or did they just win reg-season games from ISO-Melo high scoring.
    Thats far away from a title shot. Dolan only cared bout the market $$$ of Melo's scoring hype in MSG.

This season is a crap-shoot .500 .. and we need our 2014. 1st round pick back we gave up for Melo, and the 2nd rounder we gave up for Barg is in question .......
    Well the post-Melo Nuggets have just won regular season games and still have not gotten out of the first round of the playoffs and haven't gotten closer to a title. Remember when the Melo trade was made that the Nuggets were suppose to take off with all the young talent and assets they acquired?

Sometimes a fan's hatred for player can distort judgement a little. Whether you hate or love Melo, that's one thing. But a crap-shoot .500 team that is one season removed from 54 wins seems to based on more hatred for Melo than basketball reason. Will this team win 54 games? Probably not. But they are certainly better that a crap-shoot .500 team as you so eloquently put it.

I dont think Melo deserves to be bood. Not yet. He is still the best player of our team and its not even close. One of the best offensive players in the world. Thats a fact. I used to be his biggest fan since his denver days, mostly due to his outstanding offensive skills. When he is on, and his shots are falling, he is fun to watch.
    But even i am getting tired of his iso, selfish, ignoring his teammates, trigger happy game.
    What he needs to do is, play better D, get more rebounds(he is getting better at that lately, attack the basket instead of settling for long shots and most importanly, make his teammates better.
    I doubt he is reading our posts on this forum, or cares what knick fans have to say, but thats what our coaches job is.
    Can Woodson change Melos mentality and make him a team player? I know G. Karl couldnt do it in Denver, but Melo was a kid.
    He is a grown man now in his prime and according to him he wants to win the title.
    I still think Woody is not the right coach to do it.

Veteran

Originally Posted by groundpilot
    I dont think Melo deserves to be bood. Not yet. He is still the best player of our team and its not even close. One of the best offensive players in the world. Thats a fact. I used to be his biggest fan since his denver days, mostly due to his outstanding offensive skills. When he is on, and his shots are falling, he is fun to watch.
    But even i am getting tired of his iso, selfish, ignoring his teammates, trigger happy game.
    What he needs to do is, play better D, get more rebounds(he is getting better at that lately, attack the basket instead of settling for long shots and most importanly, make his teammates better.
    I doubt he is reading our posts on this forum, or cares what knick fans have to say, but thats what our coaches job is.
    Can Woodson change Melos mentality and make him a team player? I know G. Karl couldnt do it in Denver, but Melo was a kid.
    He is a grown man now in his prime and according to him he wants to win the title.
    I still think Woody is not the right coach to do it.

Of course its Woody's job to control the offense and reign in Melo.......
    As Woody did in Atlanta ISO-JOE was his offense.The question is does Woody want ISO Melo in NY or does Woody have no choice as Kiya as pointed out its Melo's team....

Melo is the team leader and by him jacking up so many shots its sets the tone for the rest of the team.......JR will shoot 17 times despite shooting below 35%. Felton has become an ugly chucker that also is putting up 15 shots..Look at Hardaway as a rookie chucking up 12-13 shots and going 0-7 from 3 point range,,,,,

Either way this is on Melo....
    Guys feel they will not have the opportunity to shoot so when they get the ball they chucks.....or they follow Captains Melo's lead with shoot the ball as much as you can....

No matter what our offense runs through Melo and its up to him to set a precedent for this Knicks team.

Can you ever see Norris Cole his rookie year shooting 0-5 for 3 pointers in a game and then putting up 2 more three-pointers after that,,,,,,,,,,

it's all chris smiths fault.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    This thread is a real laugher
    So where's your "Melo is a Born Leader" thread