Page 55 of 124 FirstFirst ... 52535495051525354555657585960617585105 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    If Melo blows, then what are Smith, Stoudemire, Felton and Woodson doing?

Don't care we're not looking to pay any one of those lost causes $25-30/yr for the next 5yrs.

Got anything else Melo Stan?

Superstar

I would trade Melo to any team for draft picks, even if it meant doing Melo dirty. This is not because i hate Melo, but because it's clear our screwed up cap situation means that we cannot win while he's under contract here. There are certain teams that refuse to Tank. One intriguing one is the Milwaukee Bucks....i would definitely trade him there.

Carmelo and Ray Felton for Irsan Ilyasova, Butler and Ridnour expiring, and the prospect Giannis Antetokumpbo and a 1st rounder.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I swear most knicks fans are so panicky and can't go a day without needing to place blame for something. Why in God's name are we still talking about trades that happened 2-3 years ago?? It happened. Get over it. Was it a big deal when the team was off to 50+ wins last season?

As a die hard Knick fan, i'll be the first to tell you that this team is horrible right now, but its not the end of the season. When Tyson gets back and the team can play with their full squad for more than 10 games and build some chemistry, then lets see where we're at. If Melo does deceide to leave, it will be because he knows JR Smith is not the sidekick he needs... no different from in Denver. I still say this team is good enough to duplicate what they did last season but Woody needs to have a fixed rotation, Felton needs to be himself (I know he's just average but that'll be better than what he's been so far), Tyson needs to come back strong, JR needs to stay a bench player, Amare needs to accept the end of the bench, and Tyler needs to be this years Copeland.

This thread is a breeding ground for stupidity.

To answer the question at hand, which many of you clowns havent done, is it depends on what the Knicks do.

In my opinion, our win/loss doesnt matter this year but what we do at the trade deadline does. If we give Melo a piece that he finds worthy he might listen to our offseason plan but if we're not supplying him pieces that play to his strengths then I find no reason for him to stay.

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Don't care we're not looking to pay any one of those lost causes $25-30/yr for the next 5yrs.

So what I'm getting here is, you dont care how DOG**** the other players are, you just care if Melo can beat a team 1v5? got it.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    why would anyone trade for Melo when they can just make a run at him during the offseason when he's an unrestricted free agent??
    This hurt my soul.
    I'm just praying an NBA team would be desperate.
    I'd hate to see Melo leave New York and we get nothing in return.

12th man

Originally Posted by Ghostowl
    He came back from a serious injury. He's still a much better player than Melo. Points aren't everything; if you take 40 shots to get 30 points, that's actually worse for your team than just scoring 15 ppt and playing defense. And the Bulls have a different offense where Rose isn't the sole actor for his offense anymore. And why is Rose suddenly in this discussion?
    Rose had the longest recovery time in NBA history...and he's a low tier PG right now.

He's not better than Melo and Melo is playing with an unhealed shoulder.

Bulls offense averages 94 points a game, 24th in the NBA.

How's that "different" Bulls offense working out for them?

Before you call Melo overrated, check your favorite player who blows the word overrated out the water. He'll probably get injured again and end his career like Brandon Roy. He has those glass knees and ankles.

12th man

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I swear most knicks fans are so panicky and can't go a day without needing to place blame for something. Why in God's name are we still talking about trades that happened 2-3 years ago?? It happened. Get over it. Was it a big deal when the team was off to 50+ wins last season?

As a die hard Knick fan, i'll be the first to tell you that this team is horrible right now, but its not the end of the season. When Tyson gets back and the team can play with their full squad for more than 10 games and build some chemistry, then lets see where we're at. If Melo does deceide to leave, it will be because he knows JR Smith is not the sidekick he needs... no different from in Denver. I still say this team is good enough to duplicate what they did last season but Woody needs to have a fixed rotation, Felton needs to be himself (I know he's just average but that'll be better than what he's been so far), Tyson needs to come back strong, JR needs to stay a bench player, Amare needs to accept the end of the bench, and Tyler needs to be this years Copeland.
    The season is over.

Chandler isn't what he was two seasons ago.
    Why would you expect Chandler to contribute right away as a DPOY caliber player after an injury that he's suffered many times in his career?
    If Chandler doesn't come back to DPOY caliber form, then this season is done.

We have no interior defender on this team but you're talking about Jeremy Tyler being this years Copeland...scoring isn't even a problem right now.

Our offense is trash because of poor PG play and too much isolation. We don't have any legit 3pt shooters, just streaky shooters like Bargnani, Smith, Melo and low quality streaky shooters like Felton and Hardaway Jr.

So Knicks become a playoff team if JR Smith hits the bench, Amare who's publically admitted he wants more minutes to accept the role as a 10th men and Tyson Chandler comes back to what he was two seasons ago...

Keep dreaming.

Also make a wish for Rasheed Wallace and Jason Kidd to quit their coaching jobs, put on a uniform and sign with the Knicks if you want last season results.

Too much dreaming, not enough planning and preparing for what may go down this summer in 2015.

If you can't see this team is done now, don't come here in April crying about how you were wrong.

12th man

So the guys around Melo can play horrible ball but that won't matter to you, it's all about Melo dominating 1 vs 5 and him doing everything possible for New York.

I guarantee youpiss your pants just thinking about Melo on a good roster and how very little you'll have to complain about. You're projecting other players failure into Melo. It's getting boring now.

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    So the guys around Melo can play horrible ball but that won't matter to you, it's all about Melo dominating 1 vs 5 and him doing everything possible for New York.

I guarantee youpiss your pants just thinking about Melo on a good roster and how very little you'll have to complain about. You're projecting other players failure into Melo. It's getting boring now.

I said before the season started THIS TEAM IS TRASH....that includes the players you're butt hurt over trying to absolve Melo from blame. But sorry when we won last year Melo got Hero Worship...now that we're losing Melo is made to be a Martyr...get out of here with that.

I said before the season started THIS TEAM IS TRASH....that includes the players you're butt hurt over trying to absolve Melo from blame. But sorry when we won last year Melo got Hero Worship...now that we're losing Melo is made to be a Martyr...get out of here with that.
    wha........what????

Superstar

You know that Melo Mafia signature is making me laugh because it's true. He really is the only player on the Knicks you can apply the "New York's Finest" tag to. JR Smith is quickly becoming my least favorite player of all time. Hell i was reading that Carmelo didn't even want him to resign....

It really makes me laugh that anyone could blame that loss for ANY REASON on Melo.

however, can he please make a game winning shot like he used to?

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    It really makes me laugh that anyone could blame that loss for ANY REASON on Melo.

however, can he please make a game winning shot like he used to?
    This game (or any other loss this season) is not on Melo. It's on the team as a whole, on poor effort, poor performance, lack of commitment/leadership and also poor coaching. Melo's still a part of this team, and he also deserves a part of the blame. So maybe instead of bitching about not getting calls or his teammates not putting enough effort maybe he should rather do something to motivate the guys? I mean, he's supposed to be the damn leader of this team?