Page 67 of 121 FirstFirst ... 173747616263646566676869707172738797117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1810

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

  1. #991
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Griffin would be useless without a good point guard

  2. #992
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,753
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    griffin...not a great defender,not a great rebounder, not a great shooter,not a great shooter from the charity line...

    I think we should get him... he'll fit right in...

  3. #993
    Member bluechox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    306
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    griffin is a younger amare who needs to get fed by an elite pg to be effective

  4. #994
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by bluechox2
    griffin is a younger amare who needs to get fed by an elite pg to be effective

    Now you have the Lakers asking for Shump possibly and they are interested in Chandler who sources say the Knicks will not let go unless we can get rid of JR as well.....Good thing we signed JR too a 4 year deal and now rather then be trade bait he is our issue to get rid of ..........Why oh why did we need to sign JR for 4 years when he testes free agency and nobody made him offer.....doesnt that dictate a players market value......

  5. #995
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,787
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Now you have the Lakers asking for Shump possibly and they are interested in Chandler who sources say the Knicks will not let go unless we can get rid of JR as well.....Good thing we signed JR too a 4 year deal and now rather then be trade bait he is our issue to get rid of ..........Why oh why did we need to sign JR for 4 years when he testes free agency and nobody made him offer.....doesnt that dictate a players market value......
    I thought JR was signed to a 2 year deal with a 3rd year as a player option? I didn't think he had a 4th year in that deal.

  6. #996
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,794
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by htr10
    I thought JR was signed to a 2 year deal with a 3rd year as a player option? I didn't think he had a 4th year in that deal.
    You are correct 3yr deal 3rd yr player option. He's a better player than what he has shown so far and he is due to come out of that slump but JR has been the main reason the Knicks are so bad.

    I could see the Clips making this deal for Melo in an attempt to get them over the top in a competitive WC. It's also one of the few teams that Melo would bless going to and opens up trade possibilities for a multi-team deal where we get picks and the some other team gets Griffin.

    It may not be necessary to blow up the team just yet, with Bargs and Stat coming to life this team may finally be turning the corner. TC comes back, we may just turn around the ship.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Dec 15, 2013 at 11:10.

  7. #997
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    If Melo is to be traded, I believe the Clippers and Griffin must be involved. I do not see Melo out of New York or LA. Melo is a great player but he needs solid players around him. We do not have them. I am all for a rebuild now.

  8. #998
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    If Melo is to be traded, I believe the Clippers and Griffin must be involved. I do not see Melo out of New York or LA. Melo is a great player but he needs solid players around him. We do not have them. I am all for a rebuild now.
    I agree 200%.

    I said previously:

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    At this point, I'd trade Melo to a lottery bound team (if they're stupid enough to trade out of this lottery) then hope for a top 4 pick, AND THEN hope that Julius Randle or Jabari Parker falls into our lap.

    Then as a Knicks fan, I'd hope we don't end up drafting the water boy from NC State or some ****.
    But obviously, Melo going to a lottery-bound team is a pipe dream.

    I don't really want Griffin here, I'd rather see him go somewhere that produces a lottery pick that give the Knicks a decent chance at Jabari.(3-team, obviously)

    I watched that Duke vs Kansas game, in November, to see Wiggins #1 and Parker #1A.

    But came away thinking that Jabari is the realest of the deals. That jumper is so effortless, he's sneaky athletic and can finish at the rim, he has the basketball IQ to make the correct play in the heat of the moment, and the size to be a decent defender.

    If we have to lost Melo, I want Parker to replace him.

    I just don't think it's realistic at all. So I've fallen back on the 2nd pipe-dream of Rondo before the deadline, to entice Melo to stay. He's clearly a diff player with a comprehensive point guard.

    I just fear none of this will happen.

  9. #999
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    we should rid of JR right now its complete useless player


    dont get woodson s5 vs hawks then benched

  10. #1000
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    The only Melo deal I'd take is the one where Melo goes to the Clippers, Blake goes to the Suns and the Knicks get the draft picks.

  11. #1001
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    The only Melo deal I'd take is the one where Melo goes to the Clippers, Blake goes to the Suns and the Knicks get the draft picks.
    Agreed.

    Only potential problem, is that I think with the new CBA, any team over the luxury tax has to take back equal dollar values in any trade. So even if the players being moved from the Knicks and Clips were a match, and Phoenix can absorb the contracts they get, I think the Knicks still have to take something back to match the money leaving.

    I think. I could be wrong tho.

  12. #1002
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Why not get Griffin. He is still young. We could go after Kevin Love and a PG

  13. #1003
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by xk3smith
    Why not get Griffin. He is still young. We could go after Kevin Love and a PG

    because we are better off with draft picks,,,,,then trading CHandler for a first round....having 4 draft picks and a group of players that have expiring contracts makes the Knicks a big player in Free agency in 2015 , have 4 new first rounders in 2014, and hopefully have shump and hardaway still......so I think thats a very pretty picture of a future,

  14. #1004
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    because we are better off with draft picks,,,,,then trading CHandler for a first round....having 4 draft picks and a group of players that have expiring contracts makes the Knicks a big player in Free agency in 2015 , have 4 new first rounders in 2014, and hopefully have shump and hardaway still......so I think thats a very pretty picture of a future,

    It would be fun to watch Melo with Chris Paul and see if thats really what melo has been missing,,,,,,

  15. #1005
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    because Griffin is ass.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 568
    Last Post: May 22, 2013, 20:42
  2. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread (revised)
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2012, 18:05
  3. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2012, 22:15
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 18:01

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •