Page 85 of 120 FirstFirst ... 35556579808182838485868788899091105115 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1791

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

  1. #1261
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,053
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I think the untold story is the 40 minutes a game Melo is putting in. Every game I watch the commentators say Melo second in the league in minutes. That's crazy. And Melo's rebounding numbers are way up as well as evidenced by the 20/20 game last week, first since we let David Lee walk for nothing Those numbers alone slap down the "Melo is lazy" argument. To be honest that crap is borderline racist and I can say that since it's MLK Day.

  2. #1262
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I think the untold story is the 40 minutes a game Melo is putting in. Every game I watch the commentators say Melo second in the league in minutes. That's crazy. And Melo's rebounding numbers are way up as well as evidenced by the 20/20 game last week, first since we let David Lee walk for nothing Those numbers alone slap down the "Melo is lazy" argument. To be honest that crap is borderline racist and I can say that since it's MLK Day.

    Melo is a great individual player.......Yes one would think with a PG like Paul or Nash in his prime Melo would excel....The Woodson style of coaching is bringing Melo at his finest as an individual player but not team ball....
    We all agree for right or wrong Melo plays too many minutes. Right or wrong Melo has too much of the offense put on him...........Some argue its what Melo wants , its what Woody wants ot there is nobody on the Knicks to run the team...



    when Pablo comes back let him run the offense and limit Melo to 38 minutes no matter what the situation is ......All Woody is doing is running our star play down to the ground...we are doomed for failure...


    as for people leaving the board.......There is very little to root for and with no draft picks, Melo possibly entering FA with us getting nothing its hard to be optimistic about the future.....

    The games are just flat out boring,,,,,,,,,

    lets hope Pablo is back ..........at least there is someone controlling the offense when he is in.....

  3. #1263
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,955
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Not saying they wouldn't...heck we could probably use him and Sergio again....Ha Ha Ha!!!

    Im wonderin why no one is mentioning Super-Star PG-Ty Lawson, he been a Top-5 winning PG the past 4 seasons.

    PG-Ty Lawson didnt flinch of weakness when over-night all the Denver Nuggets responsibility to win was laid on his shoulders .. He won 19 games out of the remaining 26 games, with absolutely no-help from his back-up PG-Felton, in the 2010-11 season.

    PG-Ty Lawson's young leadership on the Denver Nuggets has had a better winning season than his ex-teammate Carmelo Anthony in the past 4 seasons ....
    Ty Lawson's take-over in Denver had 8 wins more than Melo's increase seat price Knicks in 2010-11, 2 wins more in 2011-12, 3 wins more in 2012-13, and this season Lawson's injury-prone Nuggets has been 5 wins more than Melo's Knicks all season.

    Recall ..
    in Denver, Billups had to play SG everytime Ty Lawson was given playingtime to STOP Melo & JRsmith from taking the ball out of Ty Lawson's hands. Billups doing that help Ty Lawson perform his role as a NBA PG.

    Do u think the Knicks getting PG-Ty Lawson could help Woodson/Melo/JRsmith win this season?
    Not with a injury-prone Ty Lawson .. Do the math...

  4. #1264
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by paris401
    I'm not a big melo fan...HOWEVER... he is much more skilled then griffin... better shooter.... its no contest... as good a defender, as good a rebounder...

    what he does not have is the supporting cast around him... its a one-man circus...

    felton.. if he was white he could be the Pillsbury dough boy... beno..prig... the I-talian-- mr softy, all 7' of him... the chucker jr... kmart.. who's one step away from disaster... amare...ditto the kmart comment

    so what we are left with is Tyson... a serviceable big man, "IF' he has a team around him...

    won't grade the rook's....

    so this is the team assembled not to go 1 or 2 round in may, but to compete in june..

    who the fuk is steering this ship the capt of the costa Concordia???
    When have you ever been wrong?

    Good post.

  5. #1265
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I think the untold story is the 40 minutes a game Melo is putting in. Every game I watch the commentators say Melo second in the league in minutes. That's crazy. And Melo's rebounding numbers are way up as well as evidenced by the 20/20 game last week, first since we let David Lee walk for nothing Those numbers alone slap down the "Melo is lazy" argument. To be honest that crap is borderline racist and I can say that since it's MLK Day.
    I agree. I think a lot of people have a really personal thing against Melo.

  6. #1266
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    DeRozan actually put up good numbers in High School and college. Anyone with a brain knew Brown and Thabeet were drafted on their size.

    Ha, this is too funny.
    You said "They're about equal"
    You're not even sure what you're saying. You have no confidence in your word, why waste your time in discussing this?

    DeRozan is a stronger, faster, and much more athletic wing who can finish at the basket and absorb contact. The only thing JR has over DeRozan is 3pt range, and that doesn't even matter because JR shoots 35-36% from 3pt land because he takes horrible shots.

    DeRozan is better overall, anyone will tell you this. JR is actually past his prime and you're the only idiot here still defending him because you're too much of a coward to admit when your wrong which is 95% of the time. Your struggle is real.

    Man, your argument is so weak. You probably walk around with scrawny chest accepting your weakness.
    I have to do this argument for you, because if you brought up JR Smith's HS career, this argument would of actually made you look smart for once. You didn't. All you said is DeRozan went to USC and JR had a letter to UNC. As if that means anything. How did Rashad McCants career pan out? OJ Mayo is a career 17 ppg scorer being drafted out of USC....Nikola Vucevic is one of the best centers in the East, where did he come from? USC. Don't talk about a school if you don't know their recruiting history you fool.

    Anyway, heres the point you should of BROUGHT up but you FAILED to do so.

    27 6 5

    Points rebounds assist

    That's JR High School career all 4 years. Scored about 25 points in the McDonalds All American game and declared for the Dwight Howard/Emeka Okafor draft right after.

    but the thing is DeRozan averaged 30 ppg 8 rpg with 4 apg and 3 spg in his senior year...not bad right? Both guys had great HS careers. It depends on your preference, if you want a physical SG or a finesse SG. JR has a finesse style where DeRozan is more rugged and wants contact.

    And about Rudy Fernandez, he's still skilled and one of the best SG in the Euroleague. In fact, just because a guy isn't in the NBA doesn't mean he's a bad player. Theres a lot of guys in Europe and South America that are better some NBAers. A guy like Fernandez wasn't happy with the NBA culture and decided to go back home Europe where he makes the same amount of money playing only 30-40 games a year. JR Smith is one of the worst SG's at this point of his career in the NBA. He's Alan Anderson with money.

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Care to post what Kwame Brown was projected or Hasheem Thabeet as a talent?

    You numbskull we're not talking about projections. We're talking about their actual skillset/talent level in the league and what they've managed to do with it. They are about equal and neither has shown to be appreciably better than the other. Derozan is probably the better athlete now possibly jumping a little higher but Popped a Molly Smith still gets up there. You're trying to create a stratosphere that isn't there between the two. At least not yet.


    But if you want to go pre-NBA and once again using your own faulty material against you....


    Smith entered the league straight from High School recruited at one point in time by North Carolina

    Derozan went to USC


    As far a J.R. being compared to Rudy Fernandez as a talent....well one is still in the league and the other is over in Europe, more than likely never to return.


    lol what else you got Slappy?

  7. #1267
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    848
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    DeRozan actually put up good numbers in High School and college. Anyone with a brain knew Brown and Thabeet were drafted on their size.

    Ha, this is too funny.
    You said "They're about equal"
    You're not even sure what you're saying. You have no confidence in your word, why waste your time in discussing this?

    DeRozan is a stronger, faster, and much more athletic wing who can finish at the basket and absorb contact. The only thing JR has over DeRozan is 3pt range, and that doesn't even matter because JR shoots 35-36% from 3pt land because he takes horrible shots.

    DeRozan is better overall, anyone will tell you this. JR is actually past his prime and you're the only idiot here still defending him because you're too much of a coward to admit when your wrong which is 95% of the time. Your struggle is real.

    Man, your argument is so weak. You probably walk around with scrawny chest accepting your weakness.
    I have to do this argument for you, because if you brought up JR Smith's HS career, this argument would of actually made you look smart for once. You didn't. All you said is DeRozan went to USC and JR had a letter to UNC. As if that means anything. How did Rashad McCants career pan out? OJ Mayo is a career 17 ppg scorer being drafted out of USC....Nikola Vucevic is one of the best centers in the East, where did he come from? USC. Don't talk about a school if you don't know their recruiting history you fool.

    Anyway, heres the point you should of BROUGHT up but you FAILED to do so.

    27 6 5

    Points rebounds assist

    That's JR High School career all 4 years. Scored about 25 points in the McDonalds All American game and declared for the Dwight Howard/Emeka Okafor draft right after.

    but the thing is DeRozan averaged 30 ppg 8 rpg with 4 apg and 3 spg in his senior year...not bad right? Both guys had great HS careers. It depends on your preference, if you want a physical SG or a finesse SG. JR has a finesse style where DeRozan is more rugged and wants contact.

    And about Rudy Fernandez, he's still skilled and one of the best SG in the Euroleague. In fact, just because a guy isn't in the NBA doesn't mean he's a bad player. Theres a lot of guys in Europe and South America that are better some NBAers. A guy like Fernandez wasn't happy with the NBA culture and decided to go back home Europe where he makes the same amount of money playing only 30-40 games a year. JR Smith is one of the worst SG's at this point of his career in the NBA. He's Alan Anderson with money.

    lol now you're talking about High School basketball in this debate. EPIC UTTER FAILURE!!!!

    And the reason so, because you got filleted with the PER and season comparisons failing to do your home work there.

    The only thing that separates them is athleticism and brains. If anything J.R. Smith is "WASTED TALENT". You chose the wrong comparison and wrong words. Choose them wisely next time and you won't look like such an ignoramus.

    They are equal talents..destroyed you with your ish. It was like being a feature on another rappers hit record and I ethered you with just 16 bars. This was a SLAUGHTERHOUSE...so....MOVE ON!
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jan 20, 2014 at 14:47.

  8. #1268
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    That's all you had to say?

    You better off not even replying.


  9. #1269
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    848
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Now you're not even discussing basketball you're using gifs...and softball like one liners.

    Maybe we should get Masai on the phone again and revisit the Kyle Lowry trade. Possibly expand it so we can get our hands on Derozan the AHHH-STAAHHH since we weren't thinking about it before, or nix Lowry in general Derozan is the Cats Meow...

    This is a cakewalk
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jan 20, 2014 at 17:35.

  10. #1270
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Now you're not even discussing basketball you're using gifs...and softball like one liners.

    Maybe we should get Masai on the phone again and revisit the Kyle Lowry trade. Possibly expand it so we can get our hands Derozan the All-Star since we weren't thinking about it before, or nix Lowry in general Derozan is the Cats Meow...

    This is a cakewalk

  11. #1271
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    2014 NEW YORK KNICKS




  12. #1272
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Just noticed you posted that gif already Metro but it fits perfectly with everything Melo has done and then is rewarded with ^^^

  13. #1273
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I might be underrating it because the main thing I think about is how bad this team is. I never felt this way during a season before where I don't even think about someone's individual above average performances much. Melo had twenty rebounds last week and I knew it was rare, but still wasn't anything that big to me. This team is so bad.

  14. #1274
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Just noticed you posted that gif already Metro but it fits perfectly with everything Melo has done and then is rewarded with ^^^
    couldn't have said it any better.

  15. #1275
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    848
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Melo had twenty rebounds last week and I knew it was rare, but still wasn't anything that big to me. This team is so bad.
    Of course not he shot 4-23fg the same game...what he's been for us all year...ZERO SUM!!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 568
    Last Post: May 22, 2013, 19:42
  2. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread (revised)
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2012, 17:05
  3. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2012, 21:15
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 17:01

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •