Page 98 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4868789293949596979899100101102103104118 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1796

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Veteran

Smokes just give it up man....Metro has flamed you worse than I have seen since the Starbury Wars. Just stop hating, ok. Return to sense and sensibility. Melo just dropped 62 and 35 and you haters are still talking??? C'mon man what game are you haters watching????...bad shots for the average NBA joe are high% shots for Melo. It's no coincidence that Coach K and team USA run it's offense thru Melo. Next to Durant, Melo is the best pure scorer in the league. The numbers bear it out. Chris Broussard is a high yellow donut. Where did he earn his stripes??? On the court???? Where did Chris play his college ball??? That's what I thought he is another player hating donut. Don't aspire to be like that clown. Just kick back and enjoy the Melo show like any good Knicks fan is supposed to do.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Dolan=MAX CONTRACT
    I hope not man, we need players on this team badly. Having a core of Bargs, Felt, Smith and Stat is the worst possible thing.

La La was recently added to the cast of the Starz show, Power, which films in New York. Looks like the Anthony family are well settled in NY.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I hope not man, we need players on this team badly. Having a core of Bargs, Felt, Smith and Stat is the worst possible thing.

La La was recently added to the cast of the Starz show, Power, which films in New York. Looks like the Anthony family are well settled in NY.

I guess we will see how willing Melo is to create cap space to get him what he feels he needs to win a title...Personally I think Melo will want the MAX contract. This does not make him less of a person but one that will care more about the business aspect that him winning a title.........Just get the feel Melo does not put 1 and 1 together,,,,..he cant have both

12th man

I guess we will see how willing Melo is to create cap space to get him what he feels he needs to win a title...Personally I think Melo will want the MAX contract. This does not make him less of a person but one that will care more about the business aspect that him winning a title.........Just get the feel Melo does not put 1 and 1 together,,,,..he cant have both
    It would make more sense for Melo to take a pay cut for him, he'll get a lot money from endorsements, the good thing about the NBA is players make most of their cash from endorsements unlike boxing where they get very little money in that aspect.

12th man

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Smokes just give it up man....Metro has flamed you worse than I have seen since the Starbury Wars. Just stop hating, ok. Return to sense and sensibility. Melo just dropped 62 and 35 and you haters are still talking??? C'mon man what game are you haters watching????...bad shots for the average NBA joe are high% shots for Melo. It's no coincidence that Coach K and team USA run it's offense thru Melo. Next to Durant, Melo is the best pure scorer in the league. The numbers bear it out. Chris Broussard is a high yellow donut. Where did he earn his stripes??? On the court???? Where did Chris play his college ball??? That's what I thought he is another player hating donut. Don't aspire to be like that clown. Just kick back and enjoy the Melo show like any good Knicks fan is supposed to do.
    Jim, we killed them. Why not burry them like the gentlemen we are?

Here's another stat.
    Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 26s Per Synergy, Melo's passes to spot-up shooters out of double-teams have led to an 77.3% effective field-goal rate -- best in the NBA.

and this post is from H20Knicks on NYKFANPAGE

Allow me to go through a myriad of stats to explain why putting Woodson's inability to design an offense and Melo's teammates inability to do anything other than sit around twidling their thumbs is not melo's fault

Part 1: How many of the Knicks shots are used by Anthony?
    The Knicks are 15th in the league at 82.9 FGA per game. Carmelo averages 21.3 FGA per game. This means Carmelo takes 25.7% of the Knicks shots. Not half, or even a third, as the "all we do as is watch melo shoot" camp would have you believe.

We can take this a step further. You can say that the Knicks take 82.9FGA/48min = 1.727FGA/48 min. Carmelo plays 39.2 mpg. If you take 1.727FGA*39.2min, it tells you that the team has 67.7 FGA when Melo is in the game. Thus, when Melo is in the game he takes 21.3/67.7 = 31.5% of the team's shots. Not half, not a third. This is just when he's in the game. Not counting the 8 minutes where players arent playing with Melo.

Part 2: Who is more deserving of those shots
    Carmelo Anthony is shooting 44.7% from the floor this year, and 42% from downtown. The only Knicks shooting better from the floor are Stoudemire (54%), THJ (45%), Chandler (56%), and KMart (50%). Bargnani is nearly identical at 44.2%.

When he's in the game, we all agree that Stoudemire should get the majority of touches. Melo generally feeds him well, but the guy does often get forgotten about. For now, he's injured. And he'll never be a high minute player. Amare's only getting 7.2 FGA in 19.4 minutes. If we do what we do above, 1.727FGA*19.4min = 33.5 available shots. Amare only uses 7.2/33.5 = 21.4%. Amare needs more shots than this clearly.

As for Kmart and Chandler, that's more of a matter of the inability of our guards to create, penetrate, and make passes in PnR and penetration opportunities.

THJ should be getting more of JR and Shumpert's minutes. He's taking 6.5 shots in 19 minutes. 1.727FGA*19min= 32.8 available shots. 6.5/32.8= 19.8%. So about 20%. I think that's about right for him this early in his career.

Now, there are several players who aren't even shooting 40%... JR Smith = 36.9%, Iman Shumpert = 39.0%, Ray Felton = 39.5%. Pablo and Beno are both shooting around 42.5% which is pretty solid for a guard. I take Pablo over Beno all day though because of Pablo's 6.0/1.5 = 4:1 A/TO ratio vs. Beno's 6.5/2.6= 2.5/1 A/TO ratio.

But Carmelo doesn't pass the ball!
    This year, NBA.com has a ton of new stats on their site. One of them is for passing.

Let's talk Passes per game. The amount of passes per game would be a direct assessment of how willing Carmelo is to not have the ball in his hands.

Carmelo Anthony: 42.9papg in 39.3mpg = 1.09papm
    Ray Felton: 59.5papg in 32.6mpg = 1.83papm
    Beno Udrih: 37.7papg in 19.1mpg = 1.97papm
    JR Smith: 39.5papg in 32.2mpg = 1.22papm

Paul George: 46.7papg in 36.5mpg = 1.23papm
    James Harden: 42.6papg/38.8mpg = 1.10papm
    Chris Paul: 73.3papg in 34.9mpg = 2.10papm
    Jeremy Lin: 45.2papg in 30.7mpg = 1.47papm
    LeBron James: 49.8papg in 37.4mpg = 1.33papm
    Kevin Durant: 37.7papg in 38.3mpg = .984papm

So they might not pass for a purpose, but in the general sense, the Knicks pass the ball.

Now, let's look at assist opportunities. These are assists AND passes that would've been assists if the shot hadn't been missed. This is reflective of an offensive system. We've already shown that Melo passes the ball at a cmparable level as James Harden and more than Durant. But is the offense putting his passes to use? The answer is No.

Carmelo Anthony: 6.5aopg in 39.3mpg = 0.165aopm
    Paul George: 7.1aopg in 36.5mpg = 0.194aopm
    James Harden: 11.2aopg/38.8mpg = 0.289aopm
    Chris Paul: 10.7aopg in 34.9mpg = 0.307aopm
    Jeremy Lin: 7.9aopg in 30.7mpg = 0.257aopm
    LeBron James: 12.2aopg in 37.4mpg = 0.326aopm
    Kevin Durant: 9.8aopg in 38.3mpg = 0.256aopm

Finally, let's see how those assist opportunities are converted to assists. Are Carmelo's teammates really the worst at using the assist opportunities? Of course.
    Carmelo Anthony: 3.0apg/6.5aopg = 46%
    Paul George: 3.4apg/7.1aopg = 48%
    James Harden: 5.5apg/11.2aopg = 49%
    Chris Paul: 11.2apg/20.9aopg = 54%
    Jeremy Lin: 4.2apg/7.9aopg = 53%
    Lebron James: 6.5apg/12.2aopg = 53%
    Kevin Durant: 5.2apg/9.8aopg = 53%

So we have all these passing stats, but if you really want to indict this offense, you want to see how many of Melo's passes are used for assist opportunities. We all know he draws a lot of attention. So is anyone doing something besides standing around?
    Carmelo Anthony: 6.5aopg/42.9papg = 15%
    Paul George: 7.1aopg/46.7papg = 15%
    James Harden: 11.2aopg/42.6papg = 26%
    Chris Paul: 11.2apg/73.3papg = 15%
    Jeremy Lin: 7.9aopg/45.2papg = 17%
    LeBron James: 12.2aopg/49.8papg = 24%

Some things never change here....

I think Melo is committed to the Knicks and the knicks to Melo. it would be great to see him take a pay cut to get a better team set up next season but i'm not holding my breath on that.

Veteran

Now question is, for how much?
    After 3 and a half season as a Knicks .. Melo wants twice his worth in a extension-contract.
    Tyson Chandler was never worth his previous $10M per contract, 4 teams split the bill of Tyson previous contract.
    Dolan gave Tyson $56M for 4 yrs, when it shouldve been $56M for 6 yrs. Cuban offered Tyson less than that.

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    jimkcchief88 you've always been one of the worst posters ever to exist on KO.com and you just cemented it in front of everyone.

How on earth am I a hater you braindead moron? I gave Melo props in every post I made. I have a couple of very minor criticisms of his game and since metro lives in Melo's buttcrack he had to blow up like a psychotic ex girlfriend over the tiniest of things because someone had a bad word to say about his baby.

If you wanna continue to see Melo lose us 14/15 game winning opportunities by taking terrible jumpshots be my guest.

metro the fact you even gave this clown props disappoints me, I thought you were better than that.

Veteran

It would make more sense for Melo to take a pay cut for him, he'll get a lot money from endorsements, the good thing about the NBA is players make most of their cash from endorsements unlike boxing where they get very little money in that aspect.
    Its called EGO.
    Melo wants to be known as one of the best ever and a 129 million deal will make him feel that.
    Dolan likes to be a bigshot and will offer the this crazy number for his EGO.
    Together we will have MELO for 129 million over 5 years,

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Its called EGO.
    Melo wants to be known as one of the best ever and a 129 million deal will make him feel that.
    Dolan likes to be a bigshot and will offer the this crazy number for his EGO.
    Together we will have MELO for 129 million over 5 years,
    I think it's good business. Take all you can get. There are lots of quality players that play for less than a max contract. As specially those in their rookie contracts. But philosophically the organization must change to keeping draft picks and trading for draft picks instead of trading them all away.

Veteran

Originally Posted by donchris
    I think it's good business. Take all you can get. There are lots of quality players that play for less than a max contract. As specially those in their rookie contracts. But philosophically the organization must change to keeping draft picks and trading for draft picks instead of trading them all away.

Absolutely not good business if Melo wants to win a championship with the Knicks.....Since the Knicks have traded so many picks the only way we rebuild is next season by trading an expiring Stat and Tyson contract for players or picking up free agents in the summer after the 2015 season when we have a ton of cap room....again that cap room will depend on MELO........

There is no way Melo will accept guys who he thinks he is better then signing bigger contracts,,,...it was easy for Wade and Lebron to do it as they had a plan that included Bosh......Melo is at the mercy of Dolan and we all know what that means,,

12th man

Why does Melo need all that money though? He's going to be making a lot of money after he retires. He's a household name, a celebrity and is a bright man who will still work with the NBA. He's not an Allen Iverson personality.

I got faith Melo will take a pay cut so Knicks can improve their roster. He likes New York and likes playing here. He just doesnt like playing with poor teammate.

Veteran

Originally Posted by smokes
    jimkcchief88 you've always been one of the worst posters ever to exist on KO.com and you just cemented it in front of everyone.

How on earth am I a hater you braindead moron? I gave Melo props in every post I made. I have a couple of very minor criticisms of his game and since metro lives in Melo's buttcrack he had to blow up like a psychotic ex girlfriend over the tiniest of things because someone had a bad word to say about his baby.

If you wanna continue to see Melo lose us 14/15 game winning opportunities by taking terrible jumpshots be my guest.

metro the fact you even gave this clown props disappoints me, I thought you were better than that.
    Ok "huge member" lol u need to settle your azz down...A two page post quoting Chris Broussard is more than a few "minor criticisms." It's hating and I am correct in calling u a hater. U just mad Metro read your silly azz, but don't bring your bs in this direction. Just take your beating in silence like a man, if u are one lol

Veteran

Why does Melo need all that money though? He's going to be making a lot of money after he retires. He's a household name, a celebrity and is a bright man who will still work with the NBA. He's not an Allen Iverson personality.

I got faith Melo will take a pay cut so Knicks can improve their roster. He likes New York and likes playing here. He just doesnt like playing with poor teammate.

He will never need more money then he has now but thats not the point.
    Players salaries and Championships is what represents to a player how great they are.
    Melo has no rings. Salary might be the only way he can justify his greatness to himself.
    Remember if he takes less money , especially in NY with Dolan there is no guarantee for a Championship.

No superstar has taken less then the Max except Lebron and Wade.....why would Melo ?