Page 106 of 120 FirstFirst ... 567686100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1791

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Superstar

#melomafia

mocca_melo.jpg
    Melo postcard drawing by Andrew Greif (andrewmgreif.com)
    found at MoCCA Fest, NYC

Veteran

Its not looking Good for the Carmelo Anthony Knicks in the 2013-14 season.

Having Carmelo Anthony and his puppet coach Woodson running the entire show the Knicks will have a 33 or 35 win season.
    The Knicks 2013-14 $91M cap roster could've had a 35 win season with Herb Williams as the headcoach, and Carmelo Anthony catching a season-injury in the preseason games to be DNP throughout the regular season games.
    That way Carmelo Anthony FA value wouldn't have drop down to $12M per. for padding his stats throughout the 2013-14 season to lead his Knicks team to a 33 or 35 win season.

How will Carmelo Anthony explain to the Knicks new president (Wizard) Phil Jackson, that he no longer want to "opt-out" at the end of the season?

When will Phil Jackson select the new headcoach for the Knicks 1014-15 season? before or after July 1st (the Melo decision)???

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    ...How will Carmelo Anthony explain to the Knicks new president (Wizard) Phil Jackson, that he no longer want to "opt-out" at the end of the season?

When will Phil Jackson select the new headcoach for the Knicks 1014-15 season? before or after July 1st (the Melo decision)???
    very good questions. If Melo was committed to Knicks' new direction under Phil Jackson, he would not even test the waters of free agency, unless he really wants to form a big 3 on his own.

Since Melo (or no Melo) will be a huge part of 2014-15 season, Phil may make the initial move and hire a coach before Melo opts in or out, to help Melo make the decision to stay or go, and to have that special someone in place to build around Melo, or build without Melo. Whomever PJ hires is going to play a major part in how the new Knicks squad takes shape, offensively and defensively.

my guess is this:
    1) Melo will test free agency because he has a huge ego and needs stroking to tell him how great he is, but he will not opt out.
    2) Phil will hire new HC before the decision.

IMHO

Superstar

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    very good questions. If Melo was committed to Knicks' new direction under Phil Jackson, he would not even test the waters of free agency, unless he really wants to form a big 3 on his own.

Since Melo (or no Melo) will be a huge part of 2014-15 season, Phil may make the initial move and hire a coach before Melo opts in or out, to help Melo make the decision to stay or go, and to have that special someone in place to build around Melo, or build without Melo. Whomever PJ hires is going to play a major part in how the new Knicks squad takes shape, offensively and defensively.

my guess is this:
    1) Melo will test free agency because he has a huge ego and needs stroking to tell him how great he is, but he will not opt out.
    2) Phil will hire new HC before the decision.

IMHO
    Melo has to opt out in order to test free agency. He will have to do so some time by last week of June so he can become free on July 1st. He also has to opt out in order to get paid Maximum salary. I'm wondering if you meant Melo will test free agency but not leave the Knicks for a different team.

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Melo has to opt out in order to test free agency. He will have to do so some time by last week of June so he can become free on July 1st. He also has to opt out in order to get paid Maximum salary. I'm wondering if you meant Melo will test free agency but not leave the Knicks for a different team.
    yes sir, that's what i meant sir.

Veteran

Melo want the $$$ on his Knicks final season contract $23.5M (ask La La)
    Melo will receive FOOLS publicity if he leave Phil Jax.
    Melo will receive somewhat publicity if he signs with a contender.

Phil Jax only want Melo's one year contract (to see if Melo could play at that certain level).
    Phil Jax first Knicks priority in the offseason are not Melo, its coaches and PG.

Heat seeking the services of Carmelo Anthony....... As a die hard Knicks fan I think this is a good move for all parties. Let Melo chase his ring and allow the Knicks to rebuild. We have a chance to build a team that will be great and make NY proud for years to come. I'm ok with a rebuilding season

i hope he goes. He isnt good enough to compete with the big time players and will never win the knicks a championship... He has no defensive game, only offensive..

Please walk mello.....

Veteran

Originally Posted by xk3smith
    Heat seeking the services of Carmelo Anthony....... As a die hard Knicks fan I think this is a good move for all parties. Let Melo chase his ring and allow the Knicks to rebuild. We have a chance to build a team that will be great and make NY proud for years to come. I'm ok with a rebuilding season

If Melo ends up on the Heat and they do not win a title.....Mr Melo will go down as a guy who could score but never help his team......I hope if he is not a Knicks he ends up there just to watch it not work.........

With Jackson being Knicks President, With Fisher a known leader as a coach it would be nice to hear MELO not say " i want to know what the future plan is " but rather have faith that a plan is evolving and he should just listen to Jackson.........Melo takes less money and allows the Knicks to build and can win a title...Melo then goes down as one of the greats.....Not title he will be the player that was not a winner...

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by skisloper
    If Melo ends up on the Heat and they do not win a title.....Mr Melo will go down as a guy who could score but never help his team......I hope if he is not a Knicks he ends up there just to watch it not work.........

With Jackson being Knicks President, With Fisher a known leader as a coach it would be nice to hear MELO not say " i want to know what the future plan is " but rather have faith that a plan is evolving and he should just listen to Jackson.........Melo takes less money and allows the Knicks to build and can win a title...Melo then goes down as one of the greats.....Not title he will be the player that was not a winner...
    Melo can leave if he wants but the league may need to create some anti-monopoly rules to cap the number of all-star players that can be on one team. I'm not routinely for this type of restriction, but the joining forces is getting out of control. Small market teams wont stand a chance if you can convince everyone to take a pay cut. What's to stop a team from getting two starting line ups full of all-stars making 4 million per year, with Rondo backing up Chris Paul. Sounds far fetched, maybe, but so did having a big three.

Veteran

Sucks because this "Fantastic Four" talk deserves its own thread. I can't believe the "just let him walk" talk. First Riles, now this??? Don't let it happen Phil. All this pay cut for Melo talk needs to stop.

Veteran

Originally Posted by donchris
    Melo can leave if he wants but the league may need to create some anti-monopoly rules to cap the number of all-star players that can be on one team. I'm not routinely for this type of restriction, but the joining forces is getting out of control. Small market teams wont stand a chance if you can convince everyone to take a pay cut. What's to stop a team from getting two starting line ups full of all-stars making 4 million per year, with Rondo backing up Chris Paul. Sounds far fetched, maybe, but so did having a big three.
    I think state taxes may have more to do signing marquee players on the cheap than whether it's a small market or not. I don't think it's a coincidence that marquee players like Duncan, Parker, Ginoboli and the BIG 3 have been willing to take pay cuts, Texas and FL both don't have state taxes so they can afford to take 10% pay cuts to play for the Heat and the Spurs.

New York and LA will never be able entice players to take pay cuts when the state income taxes on millionaires is over 10%. Good luck to PJ asking Melo to take a pay cut so he can sign some other stars. If Melo does take a pay cut it'll be in FL or Texas where teams like Miami or Houston have rosters that can win a championship now not 3 years from now.

Originally Posted by donchris
    i agree Don Chris.

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper

When Phil Jackson signed on to the Knicks, I thought a week later Melo was going to announce he wasnt going to opt-out.

Melo going to the Heats organization would mean Lebron's opting-out, and Miami stays the team to beat.
    If Melo leave NY, Melo's best interest should be signing with a team that's already establish a winning culture system.

Having 3 to 5 star-players on a team is nothing knew in the NBA ..
    The last championship Knicks (1973) had 4 star-players on the roster.