Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 698999113114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1796

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Via rotoworld

Carmelo Anthony - F - Knicks
    Carmelo Anthony said he wants to win and doesn't "care about the money."
    "I believe Phil [Jackson] will do what he has to do to take care of that," Anthony said. "I don't think we're that far away." He added it came down to the Knicks or the Bulls in his tough free-agency decision. The Knicks haven't really improved much and you could argue they got worse with the loss of Tyson Chandler. Anthony led the NBA in shots per game last season and he'll likely have a chance to repeat in that department in 2014-15.
    Source: ESPN NY Jul 25 - 1:03 PM

i found this funny?

Superstar

Carmelo needs a publicists so bad. It's incredible all the double talk coming out of his mouth making him look worse than he already is.

These recent comments do not match his mission statement on his site as to why he returned. Then again when he didn't write it himself what can we expect. This guy doesn't have a clue and is a smooth talking slick car salesman crook.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jul 26, 2014 at 14:02.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Caseyr
    Via rotoworld

Carmelo Anthony - F - Knicks
    Carmelo Anthony said he wants to win and doesn't "care about the money."

he is so full of $hit... just say its the $$$$... I for one would have no problem if he said it... but to keep saying its not the $$$... I am now hoping that the knicks have another couple of seasons like last year... I don't want to see this guy to get even a sniff of the ring...

Superstar

Originally Posted by paris401
    he is so full of $hit... just say its the $$$$... I for one would have no problem if he said it... but to keep saying its not the $$$... I am now hoping that the knicks have another couple of seasons like last year... I don't want to see this guy to get even a sniff of the ring...
    He has a no trade clause in his contract or has this not sunk in for some of you? He's here to stay no matter the outcome. Miracles come from above and basketball is very trivial, considering.

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    He has a no trade clause in his contract or has this not sunk in for some of you? He's here to stay no matter the outcome. Miracles come from above and basketball is very trivial, considering.
    and exactly what does a no-trade clause have to do with him re-signing???? he could have signed 'anywhere', with 'any' team, but choose to resign with the knicks for 'max' $$$, the 1m discount he gave phil is sufficient for phil to wipe his a$$ with.... but states 'its not the money'...
    if he was so keen to bring a championship to ny, he could have signed for 10m (like some others with 'rings' have done) , to give his 'beloved' knicks some cap relief to go out and compete in the FA market... fuk him...

Superstar

and exactly what does a no-trade clause have to do with him re-signing???? he could have signed 'anywhere', with 'any' team, but choose to resign with the knicks for 'max' $$$, the 1m discount he gave phil is sufficient for phil to wipe his a$$ with.... but states 'its not the money'...
    if he was so keen to bring a championship to ny, he could have signed for 10m (like some others with 'rings' have done) , to give his 'beloved' knicks some cap relief to go out and compete in the FA market... fuk him...

I was implying even if we have 2 miserable seasons like the one last year, it has no bearing on Melo's hold on this team. He's going nowhere because of his no trade clause. We need at least 4 seasons of losing then his opt out comes into affect.

or

The losing wears on him tremendously and he lifts his no trade clause. More than likely we're stuck with this greedy loser mentality of a hack.

Veteran

sorry... mis-read... agree 100%....

Veteran

see tony parker signed for 3yrs...approx. 14m per... I would think he could have signed with the spurs for more yrs/$$$ but took less to try and keep the team together....

sort of like melo signing for the max.... ok he gave phil a 1m per year discount... the greedy 'fuk'

Veteran

see tony parker signed for 3yrs...approx. 14m per... I would think he could have signed with the spurs for more yrs/$$$ but took less to try and keep the team together....

sort of like melo signing for the max.... ok he gave phil a 1m per year discount... the greedy 'fuk'
    What do you expect this is the Knicks, a team that has the 3 of the worst contracts ever according to Rantsports. No Amare and Melo are not among them, among the top ten worst contracts ever are Jerome James, Eddie Curry and Allan Houston. The worst contract ever Gilbert Arenas.

Phil needs to change that and I don't think he did enough with Melo, I would have given him the 98M max he could have gotten with another team spread over 5 years in exchange for his option year and the no trade clause.

Superstar

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    What do you expect this is the Knicks, a team that has the 3 of the worst contracts ever according to Rantsports. No Amare and Melo are not among them, among the top ten worst contracts ever are Jerome James, Eddie Curry and Allan Houston. The worst contract ever Gilbert Arenas.

Phil needs to change that and I don't think he did enough with Melo, I would have given him the 98M max he could have gotten with another team spread over 5 years in exchange for his option year and the no trade clause.

Wasn't there a recent article written on Kyrie doing something to this effect except he still got his Max.

Kyrie and Paul George did "kinda of what you suggested"

Melorexic

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

This should be called the 'I hate Melo Thread'. Haters have taken over!

Veteran

not haters.... people who luv melo and all he has done to help the knicks win... like taking a huge $1m less then a max contract to give phil the flex to go out and sign another big time player...

guys like Duncan/dirk/etc should pull up a chair and maybe they toooo will learn from melo how to win a championship...

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

not haters.... people who luv melo and all he has done to help the knicks win... like taking a huge $1m less then a max contract to give phil the flex to go out and sign another big time player...

guys like Duncan/dirk/etc should pull up a chair and maybe they toooo will learn from melo how to win a championship...
    Sounds like hating to me.

Veteran

Originally Posted by donchris
    Sounds like hating to me.
    take two teams... how about the spurs for instance... they have their franchise player taking 10m per....and their point guard taking 14m per... and they have won 'one or two' rings during the last few years

now lets take another team... how about the knicks... they have won 'zilch' in the last few years.. their franchise player is taking 25m per , and has done fuk-all ...

i'm I 'hating' or being 'realistic'????

i'll let you decide....