Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

smokes

Huge Member
This is why smokes is such a bad poster.
He just post, he doesn't read.
Theres an abundance of information in this thread that debunks the myth of Melo taking "terrible" shots. It's not a terrible shot if you make them at a high percentage. Theres LOADS of information and videos in this thread that proves it.

Smokes is really in denial of his agrument getting shred to pieces, it's okay though man. We all get salty sometimes.

You bring a lot of knowledge and info in your posts metro but a lot of it is subjective.

Yes you've shown that Melo shoots a lot of these shots at a high %, but what % of those shots are taken when double-teamed? When the defense knows exactly where the ball is going? All these missed final shots that Melo has taken he has two defenders draped all over him, which inherently changes the quality of the shot from a decent shot into a bad shot. You can't put stats or shot charts onto every aspect of a players game, as much as you need stats to back up your arguments sometimes just watching games is enough to see a players faults.

Here's your hero Melo taking one of those great final shots:

I get that you're desperate for an argument but you're debating nonsense right now.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Actually I think Metro has been getting owned throughout this whole thread. Smokes' post was the final nail in the coffin.

Metro, I don't know if you're intending to sound like it, but you're posting seems completely devoid of objectivity. You sound silly because you've become Melo's biggest apologist on the forum.

In a season and a half you've basically gone from calling Melo Glen Robinson 2.0 (classic), to now being his loudest cheerleader.

smokes

Huge Member
Thing is this whole debate really is just silly because, I never hated on Melo, I like Melo. I'd just like to see him improve parts of his game that should be easily improved, because the things he fails at are failings from a mental/effort standpoint.

I don't expect Melo to turn into Lebron/Durant and average 5-8 assists per game. Melo is a scorer and a great scorer at that. I love his ability on the offensive end, and the 62 points was a pleasure to watch even if it was bittersweet from a team perspective.

I'd love to see him use his strength and quickness to get to the basket for an easier finish and/or make the referees make a call on the final possession as oppose to taking double-teamed heavily contested pull-up/turnaround/fadeaway jumpshots.

I'd love to see him instead of taking time off on defense to complain a missed call, wait until a game break like most of the truly professional athletes will (yes, sorry but see Lebron, Kobe, Durant, when there's a missed call they get back and play, then complain during a dead ball).

No player is perfect but Melo is far from it, he could definitely do things better, he has the talent and the ability. His hunger and IQ are questionable.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Thing is this whole debate really is just silly because, I never hated on Melo, I like Melo. I'd just like to see him improve parts of his game that should be easily improved, because the things he fails at are failings from a mental/effort standpoint.

I don't expect Melo to turn into Lebron/Durant and average 5-8 assists per game. Melo is a scorer and a great scorer at that. I love his ability on the offensive end, and the 62 points was a pleasure to watch even if it was bittersweet from a team perspective.

I'd love to see him use his strength and quickness to get to the basket for an easier finish and/or make the referees make a call on the final possession as oppose to taking double-teamed heavily contested pull-up/turnaround/fadeaway jumpshots.

I'd love to see him instead of taking time off on defense to complain a missed call, wait until a game break like most of the truly professional athletes will (yes, sorry but see Lebron, Kobe, Durant, when there's a missed call they get back and play, then complain during a dead ball).

No player is perfect but Melo is far from it, he could definitely do things better, he has the talent and the ability. His hunger and IQ are questionable.

Smokes you are exactly right man and you aren't hating on nobody. Walt frazier said tonight that melo should be a 20 ppg,10 rpg and 5 apg player b/c he that good. That's what makes me mad about melo b/c he has all the talent in the world and isn't using it. Tonight was his best game imo he has played this year.I loved the way he played b/c there was hardly any iso melo even runed..Melo only took 15 shots threw three quarters and still ended up scoring 24 in the game. It goes to show you that a player like Melo doesn't have to shoot 30+ times to score a bunch of points.Shoot less and get your teammates involved handing out assist's is the right way to play. Melo steped up big tonight and played his best game of the year.He not just scored but he rebounded,handed out assist's,played defense and done a lot of stuff that a great player would do.I have noticed when melo does play a all around great game that he is one of the few players in the nba that can find a player that's wide open and that can make a team run smoother and a lot better if your start does that. If he would play like he did tonight EVERY GAME then the knicks record would be 28-17 instead what it is now.He has the talent he just has to use it and play smart every game.

CoolClyde

Smokes you are exactly right man and you aren't hating on nobody. Walt frazier said tonight that melo should be a 20 ppg,10 rpg and 5 apg player b/c he that good. That's what makes me mad about melo b/c he has all the talent in the world and isn't using it. Tonight was his best game imo he has played this year.I loved the way he played b/c there was hardly any iso melo even runed..Melo only took 15 shots threw three quarters and still ended up scoring 24 in the game. It goes to show you that a player like Melo doesn't have to shoot 30+ times to score a bunch of points.Shoot less and get your teammates involved handing out assist's is the right way to play. Melo steped up big tonight and played his best game of the year.He not just scored but he rebounded,handed out assist's,played defense and done a lot of stuff that a great player would do.I have noticed when melo does play a all around great game that he is one of the few players in the nba that can find a player that's wide open and that can make a team run smoother and a lot better if your start does that. If he would play like he did tonight EVERY GAME then the knicks record would be 28-17 instead what it is now.He has the talent he just has to use it and play smart every game.

well, WV, it looks like you've come full circle from starting this thread, hating on Melo, to appreciating his game. you must admit his last 3 games have been the pinnacle of the season as far as great play, from the 62 point gem, to tonight's unselfish all-around win, with another good game sandwiched in between. props to you, Melo and the O&B.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
well, WV, it looks like you've come full circle from starting this thread, hating on Melo, to appreciating his game. you must admit his last 3 games have been the pinnacle of the season as far as great play, from the 62 point gem, to tonight's unselfish all-around win, with another good game sandwiched in between. props to you, Melo and the O&B.

Cool,I give credit were credit is do BUT I always criticize a player when he isn't playing to his abilitys. yes he has played better these past three games but tonight's performance was beyond better than the other two. The problem with Melo is that he teases us every season. He will go a few games and will play good ball but then right when you think he figured it out he will go back to playing 1 one 1.This time I am not getting my hopes up b/c I know what it will be sooner or later. He will go back trying to be a one man show and that never works. Do you rather him play like he did tonight or go back to his normal ways? You must admit the way he played tonight is a million times better than what he normally plays?

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Actually I think Metro has been getting owned throughout this whole thread. Smokes' post was the final nail in the coffin.

^ Does guy even post here? Who is he?

It's open that you don't like me, your bias opinions aren't really hype.
You don't even have an opinion on the Knicks(what discussions do you open up about the team? The only post you make is what posters you like and dislike), you'll agree with anyone in disagreement with me.
You'll never be taken seriously as a poster on this forum....lol please, go somewhere where people actually care what you have to say.

Now onto Smokes....

Smokes, this is what separates me and you.
I bring information.
You don't.
I say Melo makes a high percentage of his "bad shots", show you statistics and videos.
You say Melo leads the NBA in FGA per game without posting numbers or showing references.

Anyone who says you've won this debate is just sucking you for two reasons: 1. Your low confidence or 2. Some gay brotherhood between you and 3 other dudes.

Now that I shown you that Melo makes his "bad shots" at high percentage, you want to bring up double teams and how Melo preforms during double teams.

Didn't I break it down to you how Melo preforms when he's double team?
The information is here smokes, start reading. Your post look silly because it's all debunked statements.

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 26s Per Synergy, Melo's passes to spot-up shooters out of double-teams have led to an 77.3% effective field-goal rate -- best in the NBA.

You're acting like Melo taking shots while being double teamed is an epidemic for the Knicks.
This is when you lost a debate because you have nothing to talk about that's worth mention.
Melo makes good decisions most of the time when he's doubled team and he's actually one of the best in the NBA in it. The information proves it and you have nothing to provide that backs up your statement.

I'll go as far to say that Knicks are a better team when Melo is doubled. Less pressure on Smith, Felton, Stat, Chandler to score. Melo will find them, and they will find Melo if they keep moving the ball like this

wzsL8.gif

You said "watching games is enough to see a players faults"

But you can't say that.
You don't watch Knicks games.
(You couldn't even identify a picture from a game where Melo got fouled but it wasn't called. You had no reply for it. You're just some guy who claims to be a Knicks fan without watching the games live or participating in game threads, I'm blowing you up for being a fraud)
You watch NBA highlights....that doesn't really make you a knowledgable fan. In this thread, you've proven you lack a feel for the Knicks, this NBA season and Carmelo Anthony as a player. You're a poor reference of information for all 3 things I mentioned.

You posted one video, the first source of information you posted in this entire thread. Congratulations, but it's a weak video.

You're going to use a final 5 second shot clock situation as an example to what Melo does and what kind of shots he takes? This your BEST example? Smokes, that's the weakest argument you could present here.

I'm going to give you another chance to prove yourself here, you're not doing well; having taking a beating from a couple of pages ago...and this is your redemption post?

It's weaker than two guys who haven't been active in the forum and only coming here to to "support" you without posting anything logical. It's basically guys coming here and saying "Hey man, NICE POST, you OWNED him there." and they leave. Do you realize how silly that sounds and how silly you look that you can't have a debate with a cavalry? Tell your boys to go back to their forum if they're only coming here to lick your butt.

You bring a lot of knowledge and info in your posts metro but a lot of it is subjective.

Yes you've shown that Melo shoots a lot of these shots at a high %, but what % of those shots are taken when double-teamed? When the defense knows exactly where the ball is going? All these missed final shots that Melo has taken he has two defenders draped all over him, which inherently changes the quality of the shot from a decent shot into a bad shot. You can't put stats or shot charts onto every aspect of a players game, as much as you need stats to back up your arguments sometimes just watching games is enough to see a players faults.

Here's your hero Melo taking one of those great final shots:

I get that you're desperate for an argument but you're debating nonsense right now.

WVKnickfan, you failed yourself as a Knick fan when you created this thread. Melo responded back to you by breaking history. You can't save face now and you look like the weakest person possible by saying "a 62 point performance doesn't change my stance on Melo". It's fans like you that kill the community.

I use to bash Melo more than anyone in this forum.
The thing is...

That's not something I held onto. My opinions are free to change depending on how the player is preforming. When Melo started playing like an MVP, you had to respect his game and what he doing for this team. If you don't, then you're holding on to that feeling of "hoping to be right". It makes you look stubborn and ignorant. Very stiff personalities never go far.

You want Melo to average 20 ppg 10 rpg, 5 apg.

Do you realize Melo has never been a 10 rpg in his career? Same goes for LeBron and Durant. To ask a SF/PF to average 10 RPG is unrealistic. Melo is averaging 9.1 so you need to stop crying about Melo's rebounds, he's held it down this season without Chandler.

20 ppg, well; who's getting pick the rest of the slack? Knicks don't have strong scoring options on their roster. Most are average and below average. Melo is a career 25 ppg scorer, he's not averaging 20 PPG, nor will LeBron or Durant. These guys will always be 25 ppg scorers until they pass their prime.

Now the 5APG.
You want Melo to average 5APG, so do I.
But is it Melo stopping himself from averaging 5APG, or is it his teammates?

Check out this quote

"But Carmelo doesn't pass the ball!
This year, NBA.com has a ton of new stats on their site. One of them is for passing.

Let's talk Passes per game. The amount of passes per game would be a direct assessment of how willing Carmelo is to not have the ball in his hands.

Carmelo Anthony: 42.9papg in 39.3mpg = 1.09papm
Ray Felton: 59.5papg in 32.6mpg = 1.83papm
Beno Udrih: 37.7papg in 19.1mpg = 1.97papm
JR Smith: 39.5papg in 32.2mpg = 1.22papm

Paul George: 46.7papg in 36.5mpg = 1.23papm
James Harden: 42.6papg/38.8mpg = 1.10papm
Chris Paul: 73.3papg in 34.9mpg = 2.10papm
Jeremy Lin: 45.2papg in 30.7mpg = 1.47papm
LeBron James: 49.8papg in 37.4mpg = 1.33papm
Kevin Durant: 37.7papg in 38.3mpg = .984papm

So they might not pass for a purpose, but in the general sense, the Knicks pass the ball.

Now, let's look at assist opportunities. These are assists AND passes that would've been assists if the shot hadn't been missed. This is reflective of an offensive system. We've already shown that Melo passes the ball at a cmparable level as James Harden and more than Durant. But is the offense putting his passes to use? The answer is No.

Carmelo Anthony: 6.5aopg in 39.3mpg = 0.165aopm
Paul George: 7.1aopg in 36.5mpg = 0.194aopm
James Harden: 11.2aopg/38.8mpg = 0.289aopm
Chris Paul: 10.7aopg in 34.9mpg = 0.307aopm
Jeremy Lin: 7.9aopg in 30.7mpg = 0.257aopm
LeBron James: 12.2aopg in 37.4mpg = 0.326aopm
Kevin Durant: 9.8aopg in 38.3mpg = 0.256aopm

Finally, let's see how those assist opportunities are converted to assists. Are Carmelo's teammates really the worst at using the assist opportunities? Of course.
Carmelo Anthony: 3.0apg/6.5aopg = 46%
Paul George: 3.4apg/7.1aopg = 48%
James Harden: 5.5apg/11.2aopg = 49%
Chris Paul: 11.2apg/20.9aopg = 54%
Jeremy Lin: 4.2apg/7.9aopg = 53%
Lebron James: 6.5apg/12.2aopg = 53%
Kevin Durant: 5.2apg/9.8aopg = 53%

So we have all these passing stats, but if you really want to indict this offense, you want to see how many of Melo's passes are used for assist opportunities. We all know he draws a lot of attention. So is anyone doing something besides standing around?
Carmelo Anthony: 6.5aopg/42.9papg = 15%
Paul George: 7.1aopg/46.7papg = 15%
James Harden: 11.2aopg/42.6papg = 26%
Chris Paul: 11.2apg/73.3papg = 15%
Jeremy Lin: 7.9aopg/45.2papg = 17%
LeBron James: 12.2aopg/49.8papg = 24%"

So the question really is, why aren't Melo's teammates using Melo's talents to their fullest?

WVKnick, you can't credit Melo anymore. You already proven yourself to be a fraud with this thread and being unable to swallow your words after Melo's god-like night against a Top 5 NBA defense in probably one of the greatest scoring performances in all time. How many guys had 60 points with 0 turnovers?

Please, this is disgusting. (added the fact Clyde was clowning you for your collection of typos in each post and your thread title, and he's complimenting you because you're siding with his putty patrol of pals...lol, damn you got played)

Cool,I give credit were credit is do BUT I always criticize a player when he isn't playing to his abilitys.

How can you say that, when you say this? Btw what the hell is "I give credit were credit is do"? You're full of typos, aren't you in your 30s? You're too old to be typing like that.

A 62 point scoring performance againist the Bobcats isn't going to change my opinion about Melo. Players are droping like flies with injuries and melo doesn't have to worry about passing the ball any more b/c of that.Now that Barg's got hurt Melo can shoot as much as he wants and more.Yes he droped 62 tonight but I got news for ya.. he is not going to do that againist good teams.Good teams that can play defense will be all over Melo.How could anybody be happy and celebrate a guy that scored 62 when the team still sucks.Sure it is something you can talk about with your friends BUT the story always ends with The knicks still suck. The only good thing about this game is that Melo's trade value just went up.

BTW...Bobcats were ranked 5th in the NBA in defense....so that totally crapped on your face, again.

You guys really need to level up in defending yourselves and not getting blown up all time.

I'm loving this thread because this is breaking KO.com history with the most blown ups.

Keep it coming, PLEASE.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
You're reaching. How am I making him into a bad guy? If Melo wants a max contract that's fine, it's not him being a bad guy. It would suck for this team if we signed him to one, as far as Melo is concerned it'd be great for him.

You're assuming Melo is selfish and would take a max contract because that's what you believe the "type of person he is".

Those type of opinions are the same as people calling Richard Sherman a "Thug". Don't determine an athlete's personality on what you want to see.

You jump at conclusions too much so you can have something to say. It needs to rest, stop it.

If you got information to share, feel free to share it.

But if you're coming here to say "Melo is that kind of player to get his and doesn't have the personality to take a paycut" with nothing to back up, then expect me to shut you down on that crap.

smokes

Huge Member
Anyone who says you've won this debate is just sucking you for two reasons: 1. Your low confidence or 2. Some gay brotherhood between you and 3 other dudes.

I can't help it if people respect my opinion on this matter more than yours. It's funny you claim people only back up my opinion because of some "gay brotherhood" but when jimkcchief (aka President of the Eddy Curry fan club, if that doesn't tell you enough about his quality as a poster I don't know what does) gives you props it's obviously because you beat me... Yeah.

You say Melo leads the NBA in FGA per game without posting numbers or showing references.

I don't need to post pictures or graphs or pie charts, if you wanna confirm it or dispute it go look it up for yourself. I'm not here to do your research for you.

You're going to use a final 5 second shot clock situation as an example to what Melo does and what kind of shots he takes? This your BEST example? Smokes, that's the weakest argument you could present here.

Considering every reference I've made to Melo taking bad shots has been in regard to Melo taking the final shot and losing us games because of it, yes I am. You don't seem to comprehend this, maybe you need to read a little closer.

You're acting like Melo taking shots while being double teamed is an epidemic for the Knicks.
This is when you lost a debate because you have nothing to talk about that's worth mention.
Melo makes good decisions most of the time when he's doubled team and he's actually one of the best in the NBA in it. The information proves it and you have nothing to provide that backs up your statement.

Again, you completely fail at reading comprehension. Everything I've said about Melo taking shots while doubled has again been in reference to the final shot, where the other team, the entire stadium and their grandmothers knows that Melo is gonna hoist a crappy shot instead of going to the basket. So yet again, the information and stats that you make so much effort to bring to the forum have no meaning in the context of what I'm saying.

Let me break down the TWO faults of Melo's game that have somehow sparked 3 pages of you spamming worthless stats, because you don't seem to have comprehended them still, even after putting so much effort into debating me:

- Takes bad shots at the end of games, makes no effort to go to the rim (stats to back it up? Melo is 1 for 15 on game tying/winning shots)
- Argues with officials too much leading to terrible transition defense (stats to back it up? There are none, watch the games. You say I only watch highlights, I think you only watch highlights, because this kinda thing doesn't appear in the highlights which is probably why you continue to deny this happens even though it's a regular occurrence)

All your pictures, charts, graphs, gifs and videos etc look flashy but we both know they're only there to mask your poorly formed opinions based purely on love for Stephon Marbury... Oops sorry I mean Carmelo Anthony.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Im loving this thread to metro,b/c its eating you up and spitting you out. You have lost,lost,lost,lost,lost,lost,lost and lost so many times in this thread that its not funny.To be honest with you I am starting to feel bad for you man. HaHaHaHa

metrocard

Legend
and what's this obsession with bashing Melo only but not his teammates?

I think this guy even got on Melo for not getting any assist on his 62 point night. It was either Kiyaman or 3G4G, one of those clowns.

Considering Carmelo would end up passing up some of his shot attempts to Raymond Felton of all people, who would turn the ball over to the other team or brick a terrible shot. Then of course, it'd be worse if Carmelo gave JR Smith more shot attempts, we don't need any further explanation there

If anything, be blessed that a portion of Carmelo's 35 shot attempts didn't turn into bad possessions by Raymond Felton or TURRIBLE SHOTS by JR BRICK.

Those two guys need to get off the team. I don't mind Melo passing the ball, but not to those guys. I don't care if they get hot. No one should get the ball on offense if they're not going to play DEFENSE.

You guys bash Melo...lol, but show no pulse to Smith/Felton/Bargnani/Udrih/Stat...huge reason why our defense have been so bad this season.
And anyone that watches the game knows that he passes the ball...it just that our roster isn't making shots. I'm tired of these guys who don't watch Knicks games trying to comment on the Knicks like they know what's going on.

Nnyone to say he can't win here is absurd.. Melo led us to a 54 win season and within games of the ECF. Without Stat, Camby,an injured Chandler, a burnt out Kidd and JR disappearing. Melo's only been here for 3 seasons barely and you guys are giving up on him? Fraudulent fans. This thread is AIDS thanks to the creator and the dudes who back up the claim that Melo is "selfish"

Melo doesn't even have the ball in his hands any more often than other leading scorers in the league, nor does he get the ball any more often than other leading scorers in the league.
Anti-Melo bias clouding what you see, it's sad because this is the best player we had to represent the Knicks since Ewing, we haven't had a Superstar player since that.

CoolClyde

Cool,I give credit were credit is do BUT I always criticize a player when he isn't playing to his abilitys. yes he has played better these past three games but tonight's performance was beyond better than the other two. The problem with Melo is that he teases us every season. He will go a few games and will play good ball but then right when you think he figured it out he will go back to playing 1 one 1.This time I am not getting my hopes up b/c I know what it will be sooner or later. He will go back trying to be a one man show and that never works. Do you rather him play like he did tonight or go back to his normal ways? You must admit the way he played tonight is a million times better than what he normally plays?

i totally agree with you man (no homo). I'm one of the first to condemn iso-Melo when he's chucking and missing at the end of close games, or driving into 2-3 man defenses, flailing to no availing. I've said this in other posts and other forums where the posters bleed O&B, and I can only hope and pray that Melo sees the light, and keeps his game up as he has these last 3 games.
melochrist_sm.gif

The ability is definitely there, to pass, defend, and to hit the open man out of the double-triple team. Watching the knicks pass the ball can only lead to great things, and that's on the team as a whole, to hit Melo in the rhythm of the game, and not just pass and watch. the onus on that game plan is Wood Son, to hold Mr. Anthony accountable for his actions. amen.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
i totally agree with you man (no homo). I'm one of the first to condemn iso-Melo when he's chucking and missing at the end of close games, or driving into 2-3 man defenses, flailing to no availingl. I've said this in other posts and other forums where the posters bleed O&B, and I can only hope and pray that Melo sees the light, and keeps his game up as he has these last 3 games.
melochrist_sm.gif

The ability is definitely there, to pass, defend, and to hit the open man out of the double-triple team. Watching the knicks pass the ball can only lead to great things, and that's on the team as a whole, to hit Melo in the rhythm of the game, and not just pass and watch. the onus on that game plan is Wood Son, to hold Mr. Anthony accountable for his actions. amen.

All we can do is hope and pray that he FINALLY OPENS up his eyes and realize that's what he has to do for the Knicks to win.

metrocard

Legend
People? You're represented by CoolCyde, Rono, C8....guys who exiled from this forum from too many slayings. WVKnicksfan is the most illiterate person on this forum...he grew up on this country and can't even type better than that dude from Poland. I guess I was right when I said your confidence was low.

Jim doesn't have to give me props, I speak for myself. Unlike you, you accept the empty compliments because you have no argument.

Smokes, you're word holds no truth, you fail to post resources (links, statistical comparisons, video footage)
You won't have my acknowledgement until you do.
Your post will be continue to look like mindless babble from you.
You need to post valid information here to stop you from looking weak in one of the most lopsided debates in this forum's history.

Smoke's changed his arguement from this:

Melo regularly takes terrible shots, is lazy about going to the basket, settles for jumpers way too much, makes bad decisions, argues with officials and gives up points in transition. In my eyes he's tied for worst play of the season with Bargs and JR

That'll be my final word on the matter.

to this

I can't help it if people respect my opinion on this matter more than yours. It's funny you claim people only back up my opinion because of some "gay brotherhood" but when jimkcchief (aka President of the Eddy Curry fan club, if that doesn't tell you enough about his quality as a poster I don't know what does) gives you props it's obviously because you beat me... Yeah.

I don't need to post pictures or graphs or pie charts, if you wanna confirm it or dispute it go look it up for yourself. I'm not here to do your research for you.

Considering every reference I've made to Melo taking bad shots has been in regard to Melo taking the final shot and losing us games because of it, yes I am. You don't seem to comprehend this, maybe you need to read a little closer.

Again, you completely fail at reading comprehension. Everything I've said about Melo taking shots while doubled has again been in reference to the final shot, where the other team, the entire stadium and their grandmothers knows that Melo is gonna hoist a crappy shot instead of going to the basket. So yet again, the information and stats that you make so much effort to bring to the forum have no meaning in the context of what I'm saying.

Let me break down the TWO faults of Melo's game that have somehow sparked 3 pages of you spamming worthless stats, because you don't seem to have comprehended them still, even after putting so much effort into debating me:

- Takes bad shots at the end of games, makes no effort to go to the rim (stats to back it up? Melo is 1 for 15 on game tying/winning shots)
- Argues with officials too much leading to terrible transition defense (stats to back it up? There are none, watch the games. You say I only watch highlights, I think you only watch highlights, because this kinda thing doesn't appear in the highlights which is probably why you continue to deny this happens even though it's a regular occurrence)

LOL....

Smokes, listen.

When your final word was suppose to be this:

Melo regularly takes terrible shots, is lazy about going to the basket, settles for jumpers way too much, makes bad decisions, argues with officials and gives up points in transition. In my eyes he's tied for worst play of the season with Bargs and JR

That'll be my final word on the matter.

and every single statement in that quote got shut down by all the statistics,

you gave up and you went to "Melo takes bad last minute shots"

Why can't you admit that you gave up on those points and say you were corrected? How small are your nuts to not be humble about it?

This is exactly why you took the L in this thread. Any point you bring up and I debunk, you run away else where.

Now, this whole thing about Melo taking the last shot in the game, well it's pretty simple. Who do you want taking the shot? It's not like anyone on this team knows how to set a screen or Woodson has an offensive play that will free Melo.

But you act like Melo can't hit game winners.
Melo has a history of being clutch with last minute shots.

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/melo_winners_11_27_2010.html

^ Watch that video....read these articles...be a man of resources smokes, you're running empty and you're very desperate to make a point.

In that video, you will notice a huge difference in game winning plays vs to when Melo is on the Knicks.

Nuggets had a ball handler and respectable PG who can either shoot and break down the defense.

Raymond Felton isn't that guy.
Smith is too streaky.

Woodson has made Melo the primary ball handler in these situations and it's obvious it doesn't work.

Melo is at his best when he's on the wing and you pass him the ball in an isolation situation.

This common sense...not even really debate worthy material.

This is from last year:

This statistic applies to the past 10 years. It's for game-tying or game-winning shots taken with less than 15 seconds to go in the 4th quarter or overtime. "Among players that have taken at least 20 field goal attempts in game-tying or game-winning situations in the last 15 seconds of the 4th quarter or overtime in the past 10 years, Carmelo Anthony ranks first in field-goal percentage (46.2), according to the Elias Sports Bureau. He has made 24 of 52.

^ even today, Melo still has a good % for his career.

Knicks need a PG to take pressure off Melo.
I don't want Melo taking those shots either, because no one in the NBA can make those shots at a high percentage (you're acting like Melo is the only one in the league who's incapable of doing it...so you look hella silly lol)

metrocard

Legend
WV, so Melo is the only player on this team who's held accountable for what he has to do for the Knicks to win?

In that mind of yours....it'll take a 20 ppg 10 rpg 5 apg Carmelo Anthony, while 14 other players play like crap for Knicks to win a championship.

Amazing logic WV, keep on making great threads like this blowing yourself up to be the genius we know you to be.

Fantastic stuff.

metrocard

Legend
Smokes just give it up man....Metro has flamed you worse than I have seen since the Starbury Wars. Just stop hating, ok. Return to sense and sensibility. Melo just dropped 62 and 35 and you haters are still talking??? C'mon man what game are you haters watching????...bad shots for the average NBA joe are high% shots for Melo. It's no coincidence that Coach K and team USA run it's offense thru Melo. Next to Durant, Melo is the best pure scorer in the league. The numbers bear it out. Chris Broussard is a high yellow donut. Where did he earn his stripes??? On the court???? Where did Chris play his college ball??? That's what I thought he is another player hating donut. Don't aspire to be like that clown. Just kick back and enjoy the Melo show like any good Knicks fan is supposed to do.

This is what I'm saying. These dudes want Melo to take 10-15 shot attempts a game. lol

smokes

Huge Member
You're assuming Melo is selfish and would take a max contract because that's what you believe the "type of person he is".

Those type of opinions are the same as people calling Richard Sherman a "Thug". Don't determine an athlete's personality on what you want to see.

You jump at conclusions too much so you can have something to say. It needs to rest, stop it.

If you got information to share, feel free to share it.

But if you're coming here to say "Melo is that kind of player to get his and doesn't have the personality to take a paycut" with nothing to back up, then expect me to shut you down on that crap.

If Melo wanted to take a pay cut he could have waiting until the 2011/12 offseason to re-sign with the Knicks and have a contract that would have given us flexibility, instead of signing a max level extension that has lead us to being hamstrung for the past 3 seasons and costing us to use our valuable amnesty clause on an expiring contract.

Without going too hypothetical, the Knicks at the very least could have amnestied STAT and begun the 2012/2013 season with $35 million cap saved, among many other plausible scenarios.

As for the situation with Parker/Duncan, Lebron/Wade/Bosh, they were in the position of knowing they had a great team set up around them when they decided to take those pay cuts. Melo doesn't. This team is trash level and will be come the offseason barring an absolute miracle spurt of trades to get rid of the contracts of STAT, Bargs, JR and Felton.

Regardless of whether I think Melo is "selfish" or not (your words not mine), why would he take a pay cut to play with these bums for another year? Even after that year is up and we head into the 2015/16 offseason, we will still potentially have:

Felton and JR ($11 million)
Prigioni ($2 million)
Tim Hardaway JR ($2 million)
Melo ($??? million)
Iman Shumpert restricted free agent

Even if we are extremely generous and say Melo takes a $15 million deal (highly unlikely) that's still over $30 million tied up with the absolute bare bones of a team on the books. We would somehow have to sign another star player, almost an entire bench unit and a starting level big man with around $25 million cap room. I respect your optimism but realistically I can't see this happening.

You're expecting not only for Melo to take a pay cut in an extremely questionable situation but also for the Knicks front office who to put it mildly do not have the best track record in these scenarios, to perform miracles and either trade away our dead weight for some value or sign more than half of a championship calibre roster with STAT's current salary!

I don't think we're far from a title.

Again, your optimism is admirable but it's treading into the delusional here. We are not even in the playoffs as things stand right now. I have more chance of sprouting breasts and a 20 inch penis so I can titf*ck myself than the Knicks do of winning a title as things currently stand.

metrocard

Legend
You're kidding right?...Did we see the same game? If you're an Old school guy like I think you are, I saw chemistry and cohesion on both sides of the floor that night...I still have the game on my DVR and I've watched it twice.. anyway they played old school ball. Melo passed out of double teams and I did see the ball move around and Melo's teammates knew Melo was hotter than a frying pan filled with rattlesnakes. if I remember correctly in old school times the hot player always got fed the ball. If you want to blame Woodson for this terrible season which I do... he kept his hot player in the game and fed him the ball. Too many times this season I've seen Woodson take Melo or anyone else who was hot out of the game before they cooled off or were double/triple teamed to get the ball out of their hands. he didn't do it this time and you saw the results. If he stays with this mindset the team should improve this season. As far as your Melo hate goes I think you don't watch the games closely enough or you just don't know what you're talking about.

This dude use to disagree with me and troll me all the time years ago.

DonChris, a whole bunch of dudes who never seen eye to eye with me have come to agreement that Melo is the least of our problems.

This whole thread is just fueled by people feeling sorry for smokes getting blown up, his butt toy boys coming through for the failed rescue and smokes refusing to give up on this thrashing...this is absolute joyful comedy for me and I want to give a shout out to everyone being apart of this. Special shout out to WV's English professors, they've done amazing work on the kid.

metrocard

Legend
Smokes, I know it frustrated you but I finally gotten you to post information (still not resources), but it's a lot more valid than the junk you were sharing the "IM THRU WITH MELO thread"

I want to give you a congratulations for letting me help you grow as a poster and as a person, it was a long journey but you finally made it out of the scrub level. Let us have a moment here.

In regards,

I don't think the situation is clear enough right now. Theres talk about the Lakers and Bulls in play for Melo. Melo hasn't said anything bold enough to declare where he's going. It's all assumptions right now. So most of everything you wrote doesn't mean anything until we really know what's going on. Everything you presented sounds like a flaw of a bad desperate General Manager who's not in control of the cap situation than a player. Hence the whole "personality" nonsense is debunked.

Knicks will probably make the playoffs with how they're playing. The East bad, let's not call it optimism. We're being realistic.

Knicks will make the playoffs and get bopped. It's an educated guest.