Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

tiger0330

Legend
Would you guys take boozer back in a s&t
If Melo decides to go to Chicago and wants a max contract Boozer will be part of that SnT deal, it's the other pieces that come with him that Phil will be interested in. We need draft picks and perhaps Shump for Butler in the deal as well.

Kiyaman

Legend
There's no room in Cavs cap for ISO-Melo, especially with Lebron helping to improve the 2013 6.9 F-Anthony Bennett

Well, the Lakers don't want ISO-Melo, they just traded for Lin-Sanity. LOL

Who do u think D.Wade and D.Rose want as their teams SF?
Loul Deng? or ISO-Melo?
Crying while LMFAO ..we are stuck with James Dolan's BIG-EGO-LOSER carmelo anthony

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
There's no room in Cavs cap for ISO-Melo, especially with Lebron helping to improve the 2013 6.9 F-Anthony Bennett

Well, the Lakers don't want ISO-Melo, they just traded for Lin-Sanity. LOL

Who do u think D.Wade and D.Rose want as their teams SF?
Loul Deng? or ISO-Melo?
Crying while LMFAO ..we are stuck with James Dolan's BIG-EGO-LOSER carmelo anthony

hes a top 5 scorer in the league, we would be far worse without him, get real

tiger0330

Legend
Chicago reportedly nearer to signing Pau which means Melo to Chicago is not happening. What is Melo waiting for? I have a weird feeling something out of the blue like Melo to Cleveland, Houston or maybe even LA is about to happen,

Chicago reportedly nearer to signing Pau which means Melo to Chicago is not happening. What is Melo waiting for? I have a weird feeling something out of the blue like Melo to Cleveland, Houston or maybe even LA is about to happen,

This whole process with Melo has raised an eyebrow with me. It actually seems that Chicago thought they were out of it, Melo then maybe indicated, no wait, I still might decide to go to you guys, but now he is taking so long with the decision, the Bulls are almost like, y'know what, nevermind, we need to build a team here. Is Melo really this indecisive a person? Yeah, maybe there is another team in play or maybe Melo just can't get it together and make a decision.

Just read online that Melo decision expected 'by Monday'. Yeah, no kidding, or maybe Melo should just stay unsigned until the late season free agency signing deadline and sign with whatever team is currently in first place. Melo, man, if you want to be a Knick, be a Knick. If you don't, you don't. C'mon.

Well, just like that, report just surfaced saying that Melo will announce in a few hours that he is going to sign a five year deal with the Knicks. It is Frank Isola again, who has reported for days that Melo will resign with Knicks, but now he has given a timetable. If we don't hear an announcement in a few hours, I have no idea what that would mean, but all signs point to a Knick team centered around Melo for another half decade.

tiger0330

Legend
Well, just like that, report just surfaced saying that Melo will announce in a few hours that he is going to sign a five year deal with the Knicks. It is Frank Isola again, who has reported for days that Melo will resign with Knicks, but now he has given a timetable. If we don't hear an announcement in a few hours, I have no idea what that would mean, but all signs point to a Knick team centered around Melo for another half decade.
Seems its in the bag but why doesn't he or his reps just come out and say he's resigning with the Knicks instead of letting the media leak the news.

Kiyaman

Legend
hes a top 5 scorer in the league, we would be far worse without him, get real

How do a team resign the biggest CANCER player on the team the past 4 seasons???
I guess when the owner is James Dolan, a Melo smile iz worth a hundred million no matter how much cancer he spreads to his teammates.
Everyone forgot 2 weeks after Allan Houston resign for a $100M, Ewing demanded to be traded.

u dont brag about the leagues NUMBER-ONE Ball-Hogger, being a top-5 scorer. GET REAL!
The past 8 seasons being a high-scorer on a Western Team, then on a Eastern team has prove each season that Melo is not the first-option scorer in crunchtime vs competitive opponents. Melo will give u high-scoring in the first/second/and third quarter, having fans hoping/praying/and depending on JRsmith in the 4th quarter crunchtime.

Caseyr

Rookie
Via rotoworld

Carmelo Anthony - F - Knicks
Carmelo Anthony said he wants to win and doesn't "care about the money."
"I believe Phil [Jackson] will do what he has to do to take care of that," Anthony said. "I don't think we're that far away." He added it came down to the Knicks or the Bulls in his tough free-agency decision. The Knicks haven't really improved much and you could argue they got worse with the loss of Tyson Chandler. Anthony led the NBA in shots per game last season and he'll likely have a chance to repeat in that department in 2014-15.
Source: ESPN NY Jul 25 - 1:03 PM

i found this funny?

Broadway

All Star
Carmelo needs a publicists so bad. It's incredible all the double talk coming out of his mouth making him look worse than he already is.

These recent comments do not match his mission statement on his site as to why he returned. Then again when he didn't write it himself what can we expect. This guy doesn't have a clue and is a smooth talking slick car salesman crook.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
Via rotoworld

Carmelo Anthony - F - Knicks
Carmelo Anthony said he wants to win and doesn't "care about the money."

he is so full of $hit... just say its the $$$$... I for one would have no problem if he said it... but to keep saying its not the $$$... I am now hoping that the knicks have another couple of seasons like last year... I don't want to see this guy to get even a sniff of the ring...

Broadway

All Star
he is so full of $hit... just say its the $$$$... I for one would have no problem if he said it... but to keep saying its not the $$$... I am now hoping that the knicks have another couple of seasons like last year... I don't want to see this guy to get even a sniff of the ring...

He has a no trade clause in his contract or has this not sunk in for some of you? He's here to stay no matter the outcome. Miracles come from above and basketball is very trivial, considering.

paris401

Starter
He has a no trade clause in his contract or has this not sunk in for some of you? He's here to stay no matter the outcome. Miracles come from above and basketball is very trivial, considering.

and exactly what does a no-trade clause have to do with him re-signing???? he could have signed 'anywhere', with 'any' team, but choose to resign with the knicks for 'max' $$$, the 1m discount he gave phil is sufficient for phil to wipe his a$$ with.... but states 'its not the money'...
if he was so keen to bring a championship to ny, he could have signed for 10m (like some others with 'rings' have done) , to give his 'beloved' knicks some cap relief to go out and compete in the FA market... fuk him...

Broadway

All Star
and exactly what does a no-trade clause have to do with him re-signing???? he could have signed 'anywhere', with 'any' team, but choose to resign with the knicks for 'max' $$$, the 1m discount he gave phil is sufficient for phil to wipe his a$$ with.... but states 'its not the money'...
if he was so keen to bring a championship to ny, he could have signed for 10m (like some others with 'rings' have done) , to give his 'beloved' knicks some cap relief to go out and compete in the FA market... fuk him...

I was implying even if we have 2 miserable seasons like the one last year, it has no bearing on Melo's hold on this team. He's going nowhere because of his no trade clause. We need at least 4 seasons of losing then his opt out comes into affect.

or

The losing wears on him tremendously and he lifts his no trade clause. More than likely we're stuck with this greedy loser mentality of a hack.

paris401

Starter
see tony parker signed for 3yrs...approx. 14m per... I would think he could have signed with the spurs for more yrs/$$$ but took less to try and keep the team together....

sort of like melo signing for the max.... ok he gave phil a 1m per year discount... the greedy 'fuk'

tiger0330

Legend
see tony parker signed for 3yrs...approx. 14m per... I would think he could have signed with the spurs for more yrs/$$$ but took less to try and keep the team together....

sort of like melo signing for the max.... ok he gave phil a 1m per year discount... the greedy 'fuk'
What do you expect this is the Knicks, a team that has the 3 of the worst contracts ever according to Rantsports. No Amare and Melo are not among them, among the top ten worst contracts ever are Jerome James, Eddie Curry and Allan Houston. The worst contract ever Gilbert Arenas.

Phil needs to change that and I don't think he did enough with Melo, I would have given him the 98M max he could have gotten with another team spread over 5 years in exchange for his option year and the no trade clause.

Broadway

All Star
What do you expect this is the Knicks, a team that has the 3 of the worst contracts ever according to Rantsports. No Amare and Melo are not among them, among the top ten worst contracts ever are Jerome James, Eddie Curry and Allan Houston. The worst contract ever Gilbert Arenas.

Phil needs to change that and I don't think he did enough with Melo, I would have given him the 98M max he could have gotten with another team spread over 5 years in exchange for his option year and the no trade clause.

Wasn't there a recent article written on Kyrie doing something to this effect except he still got his Max.

Kyrie and Paul George did "kinda of what you suggested"