Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

jimkcchief88

All Star
I think the untold story is the 40 minutes a game Melo is putting in. Every game I watch the commentators say Melo second in the league in minutes. That's crazy. And Melo's rebounding numbers are way up as well as evidenced by the 20/20 game last week, first since we let David Lee walk for nothing:( Those numbers alone slap down the "Melo is lazy" argument. To be honest that crap is borderline racist and I can say that since it's MLK Day.

skisloper

Starter
I think the untold story is the 40 minutes a game Melo is putting in. Every game I watch the commentators say Melo second in the league in minutes. That's crazy. And Melo's rebounding numbers are way up as well as evidenced by the 20/20 game last week, first since we let David Lee walk for nothing:( Those numbers alone slap down the "Melo is lazy" argument. To be honest that crap is borderline racist and I can say that since it's MLK Day.

Melo is a great individual player.......Yes one would think with a PG like Paul or Nash in his prime Melo would excel....The Woodson style of coaching is bringing Melo at his finest as an individual player but not team ball....
We all agree for right or wrong Melo plays too many minutes. Right or wrong Melo has too much of the offense put on him...........Some argue its what Melo wants , its what Woody wants ot there is nobody on the Knicks to run the team...

when Pablo comes back let him run the offense and limit Melo to 38 minutes no matter what the situation is ......All Woody is doing is running our star play down to the ground...we are doomed for failure...

as for people leaving the board.......There is very little to root for and with no draft picks, Melo possibly entering FA with us getting nothing its hard to be optimistic about the future.....

The games are just flat out boring,,,,,,,,,

lets hope Pablo is back ..........at least there is someone controlling the offense when he is in.....

Kiyaman

Legend
Not saying they wouldn't...heck we could probably use him and Sergio again....Ha Ha Ha!!!

Im wonderin why no one is mentioning Super-Star PG-Ty Lawson, he been a Top-5 winning PG the past 4 seasons.

PG-Ty Lawson didnt flinch of weakness when over-night all the Denver Nuggets responsibility to win was laid on his shoulders .. He won 19 games out of the remaining 26 games, with absolutely no-help from his back-up PG-Felton, in the 2010-11 season.

PG-Ty Lawson's young leadership on the Denver Nuggets has had a better winning season than his ex-teammate Carmelo Anthony in the past 4 seasons ....
Ty Lawson's take-over in Denver had 8 wins more than Melo's increase seat price Knicks in 2010-11, 2 wins more in 2011-12, 3 wins more in 2012-13, and this season Lawson's injury-prone Nuggets has been 5 wins more than Melo's Knicks all season.

Recall ..
in Denver, Billups had to play SG everytime Ty Lawson was given playingtime to STOP Melo & JRsmith from taking the ball out of Ty Lawson's hands. Billups doing that help Ty Lawson perform his role as a NBA PG.

Do u think the Knicks getting PG-Ty Lawson could help Woodson/Melo/JRsmith win this season?
Not with a injury-prone Ty Lawson .. Do the math...

metrocard

Legend
I'm not a big melo fan...HOWEVER... he is much more skilled then griffin... better shooter.... its no contest... as good a defender, as good a rebounder...

what he does not have is the supporting cast around him... its a one-man circus...

felton.. if he was white he could be the Pillsbury dough boy... beno..prig... the I-talian-- mr softy, all 7' of him... the chucker jr... kmart.. who's one step away from disaster... amare...ditto the kmart comment

so what we are left with is Tyson... a serviceable big man, "IF' he has a team around him...

won't grade the rook's....

so this is the team assembled not to go 1 or 2 round in may, but to compete in june..

who the fuk is steering this ship the capt of the costa Concordia???

When have you ever been wrong?

Good post.

metrocard

Legend

I agree. I think a lot of people have a really personal thing against Melo.

metrocard

Legend
DeRozan actually put up good numbers in High School and college. Anyone with a brain knew Brown and Thabeet were drafted on their size.

Ha, this is too funny.
You said "They're about equal"
You're not even sure what you're saying. You have no confidence in your word, why waste your time in discussing this?

DeRozan is a stronger, faster, and much more athletic wing who can finish at the basket and absorb contact. The only thing JR has over DeRozan is 3pt range, and that doesn't even matter because JR shoots 35-36% from 3pt land because he takes horrible shots.

DeRozan is better overall, anyone will tell you this. JR is actually past his prime and you're the only idiot here still defending him because you're too much of a coward to admit when your wrong which is 95% of the time. Your struggle is real.

Man, your argument is so weak. You probably walk around with scrawny chest accepting your weakness.
I have to do this argument for you, because if you brought up JR Smith's HS career, this argument would of actually made you look smart for once. You didn't. All you said is DeRozan went to USC and JR had a letter to UNC. As if that means anything. How did Rashad McCants career pan out? OJ Mayo is a career 17 ppg scorer being drafted out of USC....Nikola Vucevic is one of the best centers in the East, where did he come from? USC. Don't talk about a school if you don't know their recruiting history you fool.

Anyway, heres the point you should of BROUGHT up but you FAILED to do so.

27 6 5

Points rebounds assist

That's JR High School career all 4 years. Scored about 25 points in the McDonalds All American game and declared for the Dwight Howard/Emeka Okafor draft right after.

but the thing is DeRozan averaged 30 ppg 8 rpg with 4 apg and 3 spg in his senior year...not bad right? Both guys had great HS careers. It depends on your preference, if you want a physical SG or a finesse SG. JR has a finesse style where DeRozan is more rugged and wants contact.

And about Rudy Fernandez, he's still skilled and one of the best SG in the Euroleague. In fact, just because a guy isn't in the NBA doesn't mean he's a bad player. Theres a lot of guys in Europe and South America that are better some NBAers. A guy like Fernandez wasn't happy with the NBA culture and decided to go back home Europe where he makes the same amount of money playing only 30-40 games a year. JR Smith is one of the worst SG's at this point of his career in the NBA. He's Alan Anderson with money.

Care to post what Kwame Brown was projected or Hasheem Thabeet as a talent?

You numbskull we're not talking about projections. We're talking about their actual skillset/talent level in the league and what they've managed to do with it. They are about equal and neither has shown to be appreciably better than the other. Derozan is probably the better athlete now possibly jumping a little higher but Popped a Molly Smith still gets up there. You're trying to create a stratosphere that isn't there between the two. At least not yet.

But if you want to go pre-NBA and once again using your own faulty material against you....

Smith entered the league straight from High School recruited at one point in time by North Carolina

Derozan went to USC

As far a J.R. being compared to Rudy Fernandez as a talent....well one is still in the league and the other is over in Europe, more than likely never to return.

lol what else you got Slappy?

Broadway

All Star
DeRozan actually put up good numbers in High School and college. Anyone with a brain knew Brown and Thabeet were drafted on their size.

Ha, this is too funny.
You said "They're about equal"
You're not even sure what you're saying. You have no confidence in your word, why waste your time in discussing this?

DeRozan is a stronger, faster, and much more athletic wing who can finish at the basket and absorb contact. The only thing JR has over DeRozan is 3pt range, and that doesn't even matter because JR shoots 35-36% from 3pt land because he takes horrible shots.

DeRozan is better overall, anyone will tell you this. JR is actually past his prime and you're the only idiot here still defending him because you're too much of a coward to admit when your wrong which is 95% of the time. Your struggle is real.

Man, your argument is so weak. You probably walk around with scrawny chest accepting your weakness.
I have to do this argument for you, because if you brought up JR Smith's HS career, this argument would of actually made you look smart for once. You didn't. All you said is DeRozan went to USC and JR had a letter to UNC. As if that means anything. How did Rashad McCants career pan out? OJ Mayo is a career 17 ppg scorer being drafted out of USC....Nikola Vucevic is one of the best centers in the East, where did he come from? USC. Don't talk about a school if you don't know their recruiting history you fool.

Anyway, heres the point you should of BROUGHT up but you FAILED to do so.

27 6 5

Points rebounds assist

That's JR High School career all 4 years. Scored about 25 points in the McDonalds All American game and declared for the Dwight Howard/Emeka Okafor draft right after.

but the thing is DeRozan averaged 30 ppg 8 rpg with 4 apg and 3 spg in his senior year...not bad right? Both guys had great HS careers. It depends on your preference, if you want a physical SG or a finesse SG. JR has a finesse style where DeRozan is more rugged and wants contact.

And about Rudy Fernandez, he's still skilled and one of the best SG in the Euroleague. In fact, just because a guy isn't in the NBA doesn't mean he's a bad player. Theres a lot of guys in Europe and South America that are better some NBAers. A guy like Fernandez wasn't happy with the NBA culture and decided to go back home Europe where he makes the same amount of money playing only 30-40 games a year. JR Smith is one of the worst SG's at this point of his career in the NBA. He's Alan Anderson with money.

lol now you're talking about High School basketball in this debate. EPIC UTTER FAILURE!!!!

And the reason so, because you got filleted with the PER and season comparisons failing to do your home work there.

The only thing that separates them is athleticism and brains. If anything J.R. Smith is "WASTED TALENT". You chose the wrong comparison and wrong words. Choose them wisely next time and you won't look like such an ignoramus.

They are equal talents..destroyed you with your ish. It was like being a feature on another rappers hit record and I ethered you with just 16 bars. This was a SLAUGHTERHOUSE...so....MOVE ON!

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
That's all you had to say?

You better off not even replying.

tumblr_m15zmaALmd1qk802j.gif

Broadway

All Star
Now you're not even discussing basketball you're using gifs...and softball like one liners.

Maybe we should get Masai on the phone again and revisit the Kyle Lowry trade. Possibly expand it so we can get our hands on Derozan the AHHH-STAAHHH since we weren't thinking about it before, or nix Lowry in general Derozan is the Cats Meow...

This is a cakewalk

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Now you're not even discussing basketball you're using gifs...and softball like one liners.

Maybe we should get Masai on the phone again and revisit the Kyle Lowry trade. Possibly expand it so we can get our hands Derozan the All-Star since we weren't thinking about it before, or nix Lowry in general Derozan is the Cats Meow...

This is a cakewalk

834561100.gif

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Just noticed you posted that gif already Metro but it fits perfectly with everything Melo has done and then is rewarded with ^^^

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I might be underrating it because the main thing I think about is how bad this team is. I never felt this way during a season before where I don't even think about someone's individual above average performances much. Melo had twenty rebounds last week and I knew it was rare, but still wasn't anything that big to me. This team is so bad.

Broadway

All Star
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...k-knicks-even-fight-lopsided-loss-brooklyn-ne

Interestingly, Anthony credited Nets coach Jason Kidd, an ex-Knick, for Brooklyn's success on Monday.
"They played to the mismatches. That's something that Jason does well, even when he was here. That was his big thing: play to the mismatch," Anthony said.

As I said in the "TEAM MELO" thread...this team misses....

LEADERSHIP/ACCOUNTABILITY/CLUCTH GENES/3PT SHOOTING

In a nutshell....Jason Kidd first 40gms of the 54win team last year. The real MVP of our team last year as it appeared his aura rubbed off on J.R. Smith in Melo's absence.

metrocard

Legend
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...k-knicks-even-fight-lopsided-loss-brooklyn-ne

As I said in the "TEAM MELO" thread...this team misses....

LEADERSHIP/ACCOUNTABILITY/CLUCTH GENES/3PT SHOOTING

In a nutshell....Jason Kidd first 40gms of the 54win team last year. The real MVP of our team last year as it appeared his aura rubbed off on J.R. Smith in Melo's absence.

I bet you if your punkass met Jason Kidd in real life, he would laugh at 90% of the things you say. Kidd would love to have Melo on the roster and it was both of their pleasure playing with each other. Kidd/Melo on the court = W. His aura was the truth so I don't disagree one bit.

Kiyaman

Legend

Great video of Tyson Chandler defending at the 3 ball line .. poor perimeter defense .. with Prigioni running away from his man with the ball. The important part of the video is Melo sitting on the bench shaking his head in disgrace of a poor defensive performance, rather than inform clueless Woodson this is the time u call, "TIME-OUT!".

When one player is out of position on defense, defending a wide-open offensive set play that we use consistently can be over looked. But when two players are way out of positition on defense, especially when one of those players out of position happen to be our defensive-rock Tyson Chandler, who had plenty of time to switch with Barg, rather than stay out on the perimeter.
Time-Out .. Time-Out .. Time-Out

Kiyaman

Legend
I bet you if your punkass met Jason Kidd in real life, he would laugh at 90% of the things you say. Kidd would love to have Melo on the roster and it was both of their pleasure playing with each other. Kidd/Melo on the court = W. His aura was the truth so I don't disagree one bit.

Metro .... slowdown ur speeding again. Yeah, I took the time to read all ur debate threads with "Crazy 8" (silly me).
But Metro u started throwing wood after wood into the fire first, which made Crazy 8 throw gasoline.
Now I have to go to the next forum to see the creative art of Crazy 8 advancements ..
when KO forum was GREAT having both ur creativeness building this forum with new creative members joining left n right throughout a decade of the most losing team in the NBA .. New York Knicks.