Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Blumatic

Rotation player
Sometimes in trades we always want to know who got the better deal. When most deals are done for necessity for both teams.

We got the best player in the deal. Now we have two All Star starters. This kind of move is usually done in the off-season. But it was done in mid season.

I will actually praise Dolan for his efforts. I commend Walsh for being against it because its his patience that put us in position to get Melo.

Now Donnie has has build. Lets see how good he is now.

petescud

Starter
I would had been ok with the trade if either one of the big young guys stayed, and we let them keep Balkman and the 35 year old point guard...say Gallo or Felton. I am glad to hear that Douglas and Fields weren't involved. I think we took a bath though for letting it go this long and still giving up a lot. Guess we aren't lucky like the Lakers, how they steal players

LJ4ptplay

Starter
So Donnie was against this trade:

Adrian Wojnarowski: Donnie Walsh ally says of steep price paid for Melo: "This is all Dolan. All Isiah. All (Worldwide) Wes and Leon Rose..." Twitter

Apparently Billups is unhappy and wants to be bought out so he can go back to Denver.

I'm out fellas. No sense being a Knicks fan until Dolan is gone. We've sealed our fate.

Melo's greed eliminated any chance of the Knicks ever being contenders. We have zero cap space, no PG, no Center, no draft picks and a more restrictive CBA.

Thanks Melo!! Hope you and your wife are happy with all those millions.

mafra

Legend
Throwing in Mozgov and 2 second round picks AND take back Balman's 1.6 mil salary for 2012 and 2013? Steep indeed! Carmelo better prove he is worth it. Paid more than LAL (Gasol) and Bos (Garnett).

Wargames

Starter
LETS GO KNICKS, AAAAAHHHHHH just spent the last 1/2 hour screaming!!!!

To all you that are hating on the deal right now, get over your shit and ****ing be happy for once that the Knicks just got ANOTHER SUPERSTAR, and Chauncey to rent -- And we're pickin up Barron, and we have role players, AND we're gonna get better!!!

ENJOY THIS MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

hey I was screaming too.... I just think it was for a different reason..... Who the heck are our starters? let alone rotation guys?

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;159745 said:
Congratulations go to:

The Denver Nuggets.

GYI0061456096_crop_450x500.jpg

Carmelo Anthony & Mikhael Prokhorov

melo_16candles.jpg

La La Vasquez

lala-no-makeup.jpg

James Dolan

alg_dolan_msg.jpg

Isiah Thomas

isiah-thomas.jpg

You all manipulated and manoeuvred our pea brained owner in to getting what you wanted. YAY!
animated-gifs-champagne-bottles-16.gif

Prokhorov has become enemy number one. I don't blame Ujiri for taking advantage of a retard with a parrot on his shoulder.

Someone do the commiserations please.
you sir are a fool we now have 2 allstars in our lineup, ne 2 top 10 ballers in the nba plus traded our scrubs for denvers scrubs, yes gallo is a scrub to me, im happy with this deal, go cry somewhere else

la2ny

Starter
hey I was screaming too.... I just think it was for a different reason..... Who the heck are our starters? let alone rotation guys?
Turiaf
Amar'e
Melo
Fields
Billups

Douglas
Sha.Williams
Walker
Carter
She.Williams
Balkman

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
ROFL real gm is making me sick right now reading all these stupid no nothings who actually think we got robbed on this deal. we are a much better team right now, and we have something that was most needed, CONSISTENCY.

Chandler, Gallo, Felton, and Mozgov were NEVER going to win us a championship. They were barely keeping us over .500. We have two of the best players in the game and we still have youth. Stop crying and enjoy our awesome team.

^^^ THIS 100%:peace:

th3realicon

Rotation player
I dont get the paranoya. The hard part is done, we now have 2 superstars. The easy part will be getting the Gallos and Chandlers to join. You can find players like that a lot easier than finding the Melos.

And we also got Billups in the process until CP3 /D Will become available.

On a sadder note. Reinaldo Balkman. :(

LeFlume

All Star
This is perfect. Absolutely perfect. Stars wanna play with stars. Now we have two of them. More will come.

Chandler, Gallo, Felton. Well thats nice. That's like having three average cars in your garage. Would you give up your three Toyotas for one Mercedes in a heartbeat. Hell yeah. Same in basketball. That idiot who don't send Quantity for Quality is a fool. Look at Bulls. They were about to trade for Kobe Bryant but dident wanna give up Loul Deng. Look how that turned out.

Thank You Donnie Walsh. One of the best Knick trades ever. This will attract almost anybody out there to wanna come play in NYC...

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
Wow the Knicks haven't learned s**t. Who the heck are our starters.

Gallo would have no significant role w/ Melo on the team, Chandler wasn't going to resign since he's looking for a lot of $$, & who knows what Moz will become. The only one I would've wished they kept was Felton

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
you sir are a fool we now have 2 allstars in our lineup, ne 2 top 10 ballers in the nba plus traded our scrubs for denvers scrubs, yes gallo is a scrub to me, im happy with this deal, go cry somewhere else

Ahhh the instantly gratified moron. Complete with bandwagon accessories! Go and be slow somewhere else.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Gallo would have no significant role w/ Melo on the team, Chandler wasn't going to resign since he's looking for a lot of $$, & who knows what Moz will become. The only one I would've wished they kept was Felton

Gallinari would have been our sixth man. I think he would have been awesome at it, too. I think he could really lead the second unit and still get his 16 a game.

richtree

Rotation player
This is bitter sweet....Gallo, Chandler, Felton, and Timmy gone...

If it wasn't for the labor dispute we would have had Melo for free....

I wanted to keep Gallo because Fields is a bench player on a good team...

but welcome to New New York Knicks....maybe we can make some noise

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Keep this in mind gentlemen, The CBA are entertaining the premise of a hard cap and eliminating the mid level exception or MLE as it's abbreviated. For those of you saying "We'll just build around STAT and Melo", "Vets will be lining up to play here", "Dolan's prepared to go over the cap", "DWill or D12 or CP3 in 2012" and so on, you could very well be hit with an abrupt reeming after CBA talks are concluded and changes are made.

Sage

Rotation player
I got a feeling this isn't the only move the Knicks will make before the deadline, otherwise why wouldn't you wait til the very last minute to make the Melo deal?

Also, would have been ok with this deal if Felton wasn't included. I think we gave up too much, but it's done now and he's in NY!

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;159811 said:
Keep this in mind gentlemen, The CBA are entertaining the premise of a hard cap and eliminating the mid level exception or MLE as it's abbreviated. For those of you saying "We'll just build around STAT and Melo", "Vets will be lining up to play here", "Dolan's prepared to go over the cap", "DWill or D12 or CP3 in 2012" and so on, you could very well be hit with an abrupt reeming after CBA talks are concluded and changes are made.

There won't be a hard cap. No way. They will lower the cap, though. However, they will have grandfather clauses for teams that have been trying to rebuild.

I can't see the NBA screwing over teams like OKC who has money and eyes on Dwight.

I can't see the NBA screwing over the big market teams, either. They will have exceptions for franchise players.