Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

metrocard

Legend
Ground, I'd have to disagree. This team isn't good enough to play team ball. A team ball concept with Felton, Smith, Amare and Bargnani on the floor at the same time will never work for us or them.

Spurs can play team ball because they have Parker and Duncan, two guys who can make the system work and let other players fit in like Patty Mills and Marco Belinelli.

Miami can play team just because of LeBron's presence on the court.

I don't think Melo will be on a Duncan, Chris Paul or LeBron level, he's still a top 10-15 player easily. Melo would have a lot easier team replacing Paul George in Indiana.

Hill
Stephenson
Anthony
West
Hibbert

would be as successful as George's Pacers...it's all about the team.

metrocard

Legend
Do you think he keeps 7 or goes back to 15? :p

I like the 7 number, 15 is cool too, but 7 has its own legacy which I hope Melo tries to build in NY which is why he should stay here. He'll be remembered as the guy that tried to get a championship to New York. Even if he doesnt win one, he could have a Reggie Miller legacy.

clumsy

Rotation player
I didn't mean he isn't a #1 scoring option. He is an incredible offensive player, it's just clear he cannot lead a bad roster to a 500 or above record by himself as he cannot change the game on defense like he can on offense. He's a very good player but it's no secret he's not Lebron...i wouldn't even say he's Paul George.

Why i think we should short change him is because Carmelo only wants to play in certain cities. If he really wants to stay in NYC and win a chip in NYC give them he should give us the discount then (and Dolan should pay him under the table and with Ads). I hate what Kobe did to the Lakers, he sealed their fate as being a non factor the next 2 years. I have no clue why Carmelo would want to go to that situation now, where 1/2 the cap goes to Kobe's salary. What other team has the cap to sign Carmelo, and is in a place he wants to go to?

metrocard

Legend
I didn't mean he isn't a #1 scoring option. He is an incredible offensive player, it's just clear he cannot lead a bad roster to a 500 or above record by himself as he cannot change the game on defense like he can on offense. He's a very good player but it's no secret he's not Lebron...i wouldn't even say he's Paul George.

Why i think we should short change him is because Carmelo only wants to play in certain cities. If he really wants to stay in NYC and win a chip in NYC give them he should give us the discount then (and Dolan should pay him under the table and with Ads). I hate what Kobe did to the Lakers, he sealed their fate as being a non factor the next 2 years. I have no clue why Carmelo would want to go to that situation now, where 1/2 the cap goes to Kobe's salary. What other team has the cap to sign Carmelo, and is in a place he wants to go to?

Melo's offense is better than George. George is privileged to be on the great team. if you put George to play next Felton, Smith and Stoudemire, he struggle tremendously. He wouldn't even come close to average 3 assist a game and his FG% would plummet.

You're 100% misinformed.

No one can lead this roster over .500. Knicks being bad isn't on Melo, it's the overall roster that's terrible.

You're too lazy in the mind thus putting it all on Melo. It's getting tiresome.

metrocard

Legend
You should be banned for the thread title. A lot of people will think this is an official trade when it's just speculation.

Kiyaman

Legend
You should be banned for the thread title. A lot of people will think this is an official trade when it's just speculation.

If we keep losing easy game, after easy game I was going to put up a THREAD of trading Melo in a 4 team trade just for draft picks. Little do some peeps know this roster is a decent playoff roster without ISO-Melo, and Woodson preteen coaching.

Lin, Parson, and a pick for high scorer Melo.

paris401

Starter
griffin...not a great defender,not a great rebounder, not a great shooter,not a great shooter from the charity line...

I think we should get him... he'll fit right in...

skisloper

Starter
griffin is a younger amare who needs to get fed by an elite pg to be effective

Now you have the Lakers asking for Shump possibly and they are interested in Chandler who sources say the Knicks will not let go unless we can get rid of JR as well.....Good thing we signed JR too a 4 year deal and now rather then be trade bait he is our issue to get rid of ..........Why oh why did we need to sign JR for 4 years when he testes free agency and nobody made him offer.....doesnt that dictate a players market value......

Now you have the Lakers asking for Shump possibly and they are interested in Chandler who sources say the Knicks will not let go unless we can get rid of JR as well.....Good thing we signed JR too a 4 year deal and now rather then be trade bait he is our issue to get rid of ..........Why oh why did we need to sign JR for 4 years when he testes free agency and nobody made him offer.....doesnt that dictate a players market value......

I thought JR was signed to a 2 year deal with a 3rd year as a player option? I didn't think he had a 4th year in that deal.

tiger0330

Legend
I thought JR was signed to a 2 year deal with a 3rd year as a player option? I didn't think he had a 4th year in that deal.
You are correct 3yr deal 3rd yr player option. He's a better player than what he has shown so far and he is due to come out of that slump but JR has been the main reason the Knicks are so bad.

I could see the Clips making this deal for Melo in an attempt to get them over the top in a competitive WC. It's also one of the few teams that Melo would bless going to and opens up trade possibilities for a multi-team deal where we get picks and the some other team gets Griffin.

It may not be necessary to blow up the team just yet, with Bargs and Stat coming to life this team may finally be turning the corner. TC comes back, we may just turn around the ship.

Last edited:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
If Melo is to be traded, I believe the Clippers and Griffin must be involved. I do not see Melo out of New York or LA. Melo is a great player but he needs solid players around him. We do not have them. I am all for a rebuild now.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
If Melo is to be traded, I believe the Clippers and Griffin must be involved. I do not see Melo out of New York or LA. Melo is a great player but he needs solid players around him. We do not have them. I am all for a rebuild now.

I agree 200%.

I said previously:

At this point, I'd trade Melo to a lottery bound team (if they're stupid enough to trade out of this lottery) then hope for a top 4 pick, AND THEN hope that Julius Randle or Jabari Parker falls into our lap.

Then as a Knicks fan, I'd hope we don't end up drafting the water boy from NC State or some ****.

But obviously, Melo going to a lottery-bound team is a pipe dream.

I don't really want Griffin here, I'd rather see him go somewhere that produces a lottery pick that give the Knicks a decent chance at Jabari.(3-team, obviously)

I watched that Duke vs Kansas game, in November, to see Wiggins #1 and Parker #1A.

But came away thinking that Jabari is the realest of the deals. That jumper is so effortless, he's sneaky athletic and can finish at the rim, he has the basketball IQ to make the correct play in the heat of the moment, and the size to be a decent defender.

If we have to lost Melo, I want Parker to replace him.

I just don't think it's realistic at all. So I've fallen back on the 2nd pipe-dream of Rondo before the deadline, to entice Melo to stay. He's clearly a diff player with a comprehensive point guard.

I just fear none of this will happen.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
The only Melo deal I'd take is the one where Melo goes to the Clippers, Blake goes to the Suns and the Knicks get the draft picks.