Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

jimkcchief88

All Star
LOL...did I really hurt your feelings that bad that you are so obsessed with me? Is it because I pointed out you were making up facts and presenting them as truth?

Damn someone is obsessed.

Don't try and flip the script like a little old bi....just eat your healthy helping of CROW Melo served you and keep it moving cause i know i will lol:)

jimkcchief88

All Star
Just like Teddy Atlas says: " drag them out to the deep water and drown them" Stop with the hateraid during the playoffs people. Even STAT is off the hook in book for manning up today.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Wow!!! I remember this thread & thought it was stupid last year. It looks even more stupid reading ALL of the retarded comments again. I usually don't say things like that but there's ALOT of stupidity in this thread with posters that were all butt hurt over MDA being shown the door & Gallo being traded. All of their Melo hate coming out & most of these clowns don't post anymore & thank goodness. Our team is solid & were clicking on all cylinders. And it's April again & Melo's on a tear. Hopefully we ride this momentum into the playoffs.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Report: Carmelo Anthony wanted Knicks to add Rajon Rondo

The New York Post reports that New York forward Carmelo Anthony wanted the Knicks to pursue a trade for Boston point guard Rajon Rondo ... and thought the team would.

Anthony told friends after the Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce trade to the Nets, he figured the Knicks would make a play for point guard for Rajon Rondo. Anthony believes Rondo would be the perfect piece and would be super motivated in New York to attempt to knock off Garnett and Pierce.

via Marc Berman: Los Angeles Lakers a believable landing place for Carmelo Anthony if he leaves New York Knicks after 2013-14 season -- NYPOST.com.

"Oh, hey Raymond Felton. Didn't see you there."

Rondo would of course be a great fit in New York, with the ability to distribute at a higher level than Felton. Felton is a better shooter ... or so I thought. Then I looked up the figures. Rondo shot 48 percent from the field in 2013 and just 24 percent from the arc, while Felton shot just 43 percent from the field, but 36 percent from 3. Rondo had a 52 percent True Shooting percentage (factoring threes and free throws) last season while Felton averaged a 51 percent TS mark.

Rondo contributed 49 percent of all available assists for the Celtics before his ACL injury, while Felton contributed 27 percent.

So Rondo would be a substantial upgrade, and Melo is clearly hoping to capitlize on Rondo's potential resenment at being abandoned in Boston with Garnett agreeing to waive his no-trade clause to go to Brooklyn, all while Rondo was rehabbing his injury. It would make the Knicks much better ... if Anthony would give Rondo the authority to run true point guard and orchestrate the offense. Rondo can't work effectively off-ball. Anthony would have to surrender some power to get there. Is he willing to do that?

It looks moot for now because the Knicks picked up the rest of their roster with deals for Pablo Prigioni and J.R. Smith and traded for Andrea Bargnani.

HT: LarryBrownSports

I don't think any Knicks fan would complain if we were to acquire Rondo. But how exactly does Melo expect management to pull off a deal for him? Other than a crafty trade in which Shump is the centerpiece, we simply do not have the assets to acquire Rajon at this point in time.

petescud

Starter
Melo wants quality players that will cost mega $$ but fails to realize he is one of the problems....making 20 mil a year ties up the teams wallet....Again, amazing what pat reilly did in Miami getting 3 all stars to play together

bigapple

Starter
MELo + RONDO will not work MELO is not playing pick&roll this is not his style unless he will change

MELO need to pass more thats why he was many times called ballholder.

Can MELO score less than 25 each game to let other teammeates score also? will u believe that.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Yet we gave up a 2016 first round pick for Bargnani. Lol.

To not even explore a package centering around Shump and that pick is pure insanity. This is also a problem we have with the NYK, the fans are so starved for....whatever...that we willingly clamor for a team that gets us a 1st or second round exit. I love to see 21-Shump Street out there on the court, but if you're offering me a player with the court vision & ability of a Rondo, I'm sending the limo to go pick Shump up and take him to the airport.

THIS is why so many says the Bargnani trade makes no sense. Then others will come back and say "ohhh but we didn't give much up for him." Yet our next moveable first round pick is in 2018...5 years from now...BECAUSE of the Bargs trade. Is he the player that changes the very core of this team and gives us hope to build AROUND something when we clear cap space in the summer of '15? Andrea Bargnani is gonna be the reason Melo doesn't opt out and bolt next summer? Really?

hmm_zpsfa01bc6e.gif

It's like the Knicks FO don't realize that the Heat are still there, Bulls are still there and will be better if Rose is 75% of what he was 2 years ago, Pacers are still there, and the Nets just added KG, Paulina Pierce, and Terry, to Brooke, Deron, and Joe Johnson..

We added Andrea Bargnani and were trying to get Elton Brand, and now we're turning our attention to Ron Ron.

Now we're wishing and hoping on a prayer that Melo sticks around with the NYK, despite what looks like a 4-5th seed season and possible first round exit and "oh don't worry...we're gonna get a you some help NEXT summer...we got this."

That's Denver all over again, except with less talent. Some call is pessimistic, I call it realistic. I see no reason for him to stay and be incapable of getting past Indy, Chi, or Miami, with no real vision or plan for the future. A player on the roster.

Future cap space isn't tangible, and it's not a real plan because you're relying on players being 1) available and 2) willing to come to a team looking to burden them with enormous amounts of pressure because..."hey...we have the space to sign you, and...and...it's New York City :cool:"

Remember, our "big" free agent that we got in 2010 only signed with us because we were the ONLY team willing to guarantee a 5-year deal, that subsequently no insurance company would touch. We didn't persuade anyone with a clear vision and plan...we were scorned suckers that threw money at a dude out of desperation.

The writing isn't just on the wall, it's being hand delivered.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Yet we gave up a 2016 first round pick for Bargnani. Lol.

To not even explore a package centering around Shump and that pick is pure insanity. This is also a problem we have with the NYK, the fans are so starved for....whatever...that we willingly clamor for a team that gets us a 1st or second round exit. I love to see 21-Shump Street out there on the court, but if you're offering me a player with the court vision & ability of a Rondo, I'm sending the limo to go pick Shump up and take him to the airport.

THIS is why so many says the Bargnani trade makes no sense. Then others will come back and say "ohhh but we didn't give much up for him." Yet our next moveable first round pick is in 2018...5 years from now...BECAUSE of the Bargs trade. Is he the player that changes the very core of this team and gives us hope to build AROUND something when we clear cap space in the summer of '15? Andrea Bargnani is gonna be the reason Melo doesn't opt out and bolt next summer? Really?

hmm_zpsfa01bc6e.gif

It's like the Knicks FO don't realize that the Heat are still there, Bulls are still there and will be better if Rose is 75% of what he was 2 years ago, Pacers are still there, and the Nets just added KG, Paulina Pierce, and Terry, to Brooke, Deron, and Joe Johnson..

We added Andrea Bargnani and were trying to get Elton Brand, and now we're turning our attention to Ron Ron.

Now we're wishing and hoping on a prayer that Melo sticks around with the NYK, despite what looks like a 4-5th seed season and possible first round exit and "oh don't worry...we're gonna get a you some help NEXT summer...we got this."

That's Denver all over again, except with less talent. Some call is pessimistic, I call it realistic. I see no reason for him to stay and be incapable of getting past Indy, Chi, or Miami, with no real vision or plan for the future. A player on the roster.

Future cap space isn't tangible, and it's not a real plan because you're relying on players being 1) available and 2) willing to come to a team looking to burden them with enormous amounts of pressure because..."hey...we have the space to sign you, and...and...it's New York City :cool:"

Remember, our "big" free agent that we got in 2010 only signed with us because we were the ONLY team willing to guarantee a 5-year deal, that subsequently no insurance company would touch. We didn't persuade anyone with a clear vision and plan...we were scorned suckers that threw money at a dude out of desperation.

The writing isn't just on the wall, it's being hand delivered.

Man as much as I hope your wrong, logically it makes perfect sense. Personally, I'm still pissed we used the excemption on Billups with what? A year left on his deal rather than Amare.

Rondo would be ideal, but without pieces to aquire him it's a dream.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

metrocard

Legend
Rondo is overrated and Im going to go out on a limb and say he won't be the same player he was after he returns from recovering from his injury. Melo definitely needs to play with an all star player. Preferably at PG. I just have a personal distaste for Rondo.

bigapple

Starter
so that will be only Stephen Curry an allstar huge talent rips 9 3's @ MSG and he is @ Parker level only diffrence Parker is playing in outstanding coached team + already 3 title.s

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Man as much as I hope your wrong, logically it makes perfect sense. Personally, I'm still pissed we used the excemption on Billups with what? A year left on his deal rather than Amare.

Rondo would be ideal, but without pieces to aquire him it's a dream.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Yep. I didn't even wanna touch the fact that we used the amnesty provision on Billups with one year left on his deal, when pretty much the whole world was screaming "STAT's knees!!!! HIS KNEESSS!!!!!!!!"

Just screams of a team with no real plan. Everything seems to be reactionary, which means you're waiting for someone else to make the first move, then counter. That would be wise if the FO made shrewd moves, but...yea..

I'm in no way, shape, or form, saying we could have landed Rondo. But the trade for Bargs seemed so premature. If I'm coupling a 1st round pick with a player(s), it's not gonna be in a deal with Camby and Novak to get a player who's going to be cut. The thinking that maybe he can be moved in a subsequent trade to GSW involving Lee isn't enough for me to forgo seeing if that pick can be packaged with Tyson and/or Shump to see if we can land a star talent, and who that talent might be. THEN if the deals aren't quite right, or doable, then Bargs is plan-B or C. But it looks like he was plan-A, and that might be the ****tiest plan-A ever devised when you're going to have to convince one of the best talents in the NBA to stay put.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Yep. I didn't even wanna touch the fact that we used the amnesty provision on Billups with one year left on his deal, when pretty much the whole world was screaming "STAT's knees!!!! HIS KNEESSS!!!!!!!!"

Just screams of a team with no real plan. Everything seems to be reactionary, which means you're waiting for someone else to make the first move, then counter. That would be wise if the FO made shrewd moves, but...yea..

I'm in no way, shape, or form, saying we could have landed Rondo. But the trade for Bargs seemed so premature. If I'm coupling a 1st round pick with a player(s), it's not gonna be in a deal with Camby and Novak to get a player who's going to be cut. The thinking that maybe he can be moved in a subsequent trade to GSW involving Lee isn't enough for me to forgo seeing if that pick can be packaged with Tyson and/or Shump to see if we can land a star talent, and who that talent might be. THEN if the deals aren't quite right, or doable, then Bargs is plan-B or C. But it looks like he was plan-A, and that might be the ****tiest plan-A ever devised when you're going to have to convince one of the best talents in the NBA to stay put.

The worst part of the Billups amnesty is WE PICKED UP HIS OPTION!! WHY IN THE FVCK WOULD WE DO THAT THEN AMNESTY HIM.