Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

clumsy

Rotation player
lol It's not that deep
So in a nutshell….Bargs/THJr/Beno/Artest/Murry/Aldrich<<<<<<<Kidd/Novak/Camby/Sheed/Kurt/Copeland is what you're saying?

3G4G i believe our roster this year is much worse. After watching a lot of Bargnani this season he is a giant reason we have sucked as much as we have sucked. Besides being a capable man defender what does he do well? He has terrible defensive instincts when switching, He is shooting under 30% from 3pt and his shot chart shows he shoots well in the same areas that Melo do, but Melo is obviously a million times better...so he isn't even providing spacing. He also doesn't rebound for anything. The fact we have to play this guy 30 mins a game is a big reason we stink. JR Smith also forgot how to drive this year and has reverted to his inconsistent self.

http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/player/shotchart/1015-Andrea-Bargnani

NY17KNICKS

&#9733;Melo Mafia&#9733;
It's with much regret that I say we are going to have to trade Melo because he's not staying on this garbage ass team

Broadway

All Star
3G4G i believe our roster this year is much worse. After watching a lot of Bargnani this season he is a giant reason we have sucked as much as we have sucked. Besides being a capable man defender what does he do well? He has terrible defensive instincts when switching, He is shooting under 30% from 3pt and his shot chart shows he shoots well in the same areas that Melo do, but Melo is obviously a million times better...so he isn't even providing spacing. He also doesn't rebound for anything. The fact we have to play this guy 30 mins a game is a big reason we stink. JR Smith also forgot how to drive this year and has reverted to his inconsistent self.

I don't want to be the one telling you to go see an optometrist but here's what was said of Barg's value acquired in trade and his fit according to....

Anthony lamented losing key teammates from last season’s 54-28 squad, but said getting Bargnani was a “steal” and is convinced the Knicks will be better.

“I hate to lose [Steve] Novak and [Marcus] Camby, but when you get someone like [Bargnani] in return, it’s kind of a win-win situation.”

The 7-foot forward, a No. 1 overall pick of the Toronto Raptors in 2006, averaged 12.7 points and 3.7 rebounds last season. It was his lowest point total since he averaged 10.2 points per game in 2007-08.

“Hopefully, Bargnani will want to come in and prove something, come in with a chip on his shoulder and be ready to rock,” Anthony said.

‘Ain’t no pressure on him,’ Anthony said. ‘You come here and do what you do, play ball. All the pressure’s on me. It should be easy for him. It should be an easy transition and adjustment for him. He just has to come here, play basketball, do what he’s got to do and do it the right way. I’m looking forward to getting up and down the court with Bargnani.

I know his capabilities. I know what he’s about. I know what he can do. And for me, it helps me out a lot now to have another stretch four that can stretch the court, that can shoot, that create off the dribble, create for him, create for others. It’s another weapon we have.’

"It’s looking good," Woodson said on Sunday. "I don’t know who’s going to start yet. But I like the makeup of Andrea and Melo on the floor at the same time with Tyson [Chandler]. In the scrimmage we worked that combination. It wasn’t bad."

"Carmelo's thoughts....Me and 'B' had a great week, just playing together, spacing it out on the court, me trying to learn from him, him trying to learn from me, trying to see what spots he likes out there on the basketball court,.....

Anthony said. "For the most part, he's actually a smart player; he can play off people.""Just put me out there, put us out there on the basketball court, whoever's in the lineup we'll adjust to each other, we'll try to make it work and we'll go from there," he said.

I wonder how many shots fans took of this, to get liquored up over. How many shots of spiked Fool-Aid were fans sippin? I find it comical everyone's HERO thinks/thought contrary to them. I guess the jokes on Melo huh guys?

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend

34G will mindlessly overrate the roster so he has a chance to cry and b.itch how about this is 95% Melo's fault. If he admits that this supporting cast is worst than last year's supporting cast, he will be supporting Melo. 34G will take no risk in doing that, no matter how logical it is. He takes this personal.
34G is just a troll at this point, dude has a lot of potential but he's directing all his energy in the wrong place.

metrocard

Legend
Some overdue credit for Carmelo Anthony's underrated season

Remember how great a season Carmelo Anthony had last year? He won the scoring title, put up some of the best shooting numbers of his career, posted a PER way above his normal efficiency, and proved you could run one of the league's most effective offenses through his scoring and passing abilities. It was a make-good season for 'Melo, and he was duly rewarded for it, starting the All-Star Game for the East, making second-team All-NBA for just the second-time, and finishing with a career-best third-place finish in the MVP rankings--even getting a single 1st-place vote from that silly dude from the Boston Globe.
Read more at:http://beta.thescore.com/nba/news/410045
w640xh480_USPW_082480.jpg

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Knicks Need a Another Star to Help Anthony

The scoring strain on Anthony's shoulders Thursday was just the latest example of what's been a sizable problem for the Knicks. Their loss to Indiana marked the 10th time since Anthony arrived in New York that he has scored at least 25 points in a game where none of his teammates reached the 15-point mark. To put that into perspective, over those three-plus seasons, no NBA player has had to carry his team's scoring burden more than Anthony, according to Stats LLC.
Read more athttp://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303465004579327011977151216
NY-CU479_SP_KNI_G_20140117181559.jpg
I would quote, but this website is bugging out right now.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
or he could play more like Durant without Westbrook

or he could play more like Noah with no Rose, no Deng

or he could play more like Kyle Lowry with no stars and who isn't a star

or he could play more like Paul Milsap with no Horford

or he could play more like Joe Johnson be clutch with no Deron, with no Lopez, and players who rest from game-to-game

or he could play like Paul George with a synergetic spirit and infuse his into every teammate so they feel like just as huge a factor

or he could play more like Blake Griffin with no Chris Paul and do everything consistently every game

or he could play like Kemba Walker with no Al Jefferson and no Kidd Gilchrist

That would be my advice because improving the team externally... may never be an option nor a possibility. Otherwise we could have traded for a different so-called star who doesn't need everything to win on top of a "RIDICULOUS CONTRACT". Which also begs to reflect…. the key in bringing any possible help may start with trying to find 1 real star first because we don't have one.

metrocard

Legend
Durant has Ibaka and other players. OKC is a better team with Westbrook.

Chicago isn't a good team without Deng or Rose, they won't make the playoffs with just Noah.

Kyle Lowry has DeMar DeRozan who's like 7th in the league in scoring.

Joe Johnson wishes he could play like Melo.

Milsap is great, but so is Melo.

2013-14: 26.1 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 3.0 APG, 45% FG, 40% 3PT, 1.1 SPG, 0.7 BPG, 2.3 TOV

MVP caliber numbers, only 5 guys in the NBA come close to having that kind of production.

Blake Griffin has Crawford, Redick, Jordan, Dudley...guys who actually contribute in dynamic ways and are at least average to good.

This is where you fail 3G4G.

Melo has no body average to good on his team.

Chandler is too injury prone therefor his value is low tier.

Amare is too, but when he plays, he's horrible.
Bargs is probably worst. He can only play at center but gives up too many rebounds.

Felton and Smith are 40-45th in their positions. Not even average tier PG's, they've been so bad this year; they've hit below average tier.

So when you overrate those other players, you undermining the fact that Melo doesn't have anyone worthy to play with.

Hardaway Jr. is a rookie and Shumpert doesn't even have a role on this team because Woodson is loyal to JR Smith.

Melo gives us that star power, but we don't even have an average supporting cast and theres nothing you can prove that this roster is average. Its pure trash.

or he could play more like Durant without Westbrook

or he could play more like Noah with no Rose, no Deng

or he could play more like Kyle Lowry with no stars and who isn't a star

or he could play more like Paul Milsap with no Horford

or he could play more like Joe Johnson be clutch with no Deron, with no Lopez, and players who rest from game-to-game

or he could play like Paul George with a synergetic spirit and infuse his into every teammate so they feel like just as huge a factor

or he could play more like Blake Griffin with no Chris Paul and do everything consistently every game

or he could play like Kemba Walker with no Al Jefferson and no Kidd Gilchrist

That would be my advice because improving the team externally... may never be an option nor a possibility. Otherwise we could have traded for a different so-called star who doesn't need everything to win on top of a "RIDICULOUS CONTRACT". Which also begs to reflect…. the key in bringing any possible help may start with trying to find 1 real star first because we don't have one.

metrocard

Legend
Melo's energy on the offensive end is huge....probably best if he does not bring up the ball and allows the PG to do so....the Stat that the Knicks are 11-2 when Melo has 4 assists or more is mind boggling......

the deal with those stats is just based on the fact our guys hitting those shots Melo sets up for them. Smith and Felton miss a lot of shots. The easy assist would normally be a pick and roll off to Stat or Tyson but they can't stay healthy.

Bargnani is a terrible offensive option.

Broadway

All Star
Durant has Ibaka and other players. OKC is a better team with Westbrook.

Chicago isn't a good team without Deng or Rose, they won't make the playoffs with just Noah.

Kyle Lowry has DeMar DeRozan who's like 7th in the league in scoring.

Joe Johnson wishes he could play like Melo.

Milsap is great, but so is Melo.

2013-14: 26.1 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 3.0 APG, 45% FG, 40% 3PT, 1.1 SPG, 0.7 BPG, 2.3 TOV

MVP caliber numbers, only 5 guys in the NBA come close to having that kind of production.

Blake Griffin has Crawford, Redick, Jordan, Dudley...guys who actually contribute in dynamic ways and are at least average to good.

This is where you fail 3G4G.

Melo has no body average to good on his team.

Chandler is too injury prone therefor his value is low tier.

Amare is too, but when he plays, he's horrible.
Bargs is probably worst. He can only play at center but gives up too many rebounds.

Felton and Smith are 40-45th in their positions. Not even average tier PG's, they've been so bad this year; they've hit below average tier.

So when you overrate those other players, you undermining the fact that Melo doesn't have anyone worthy to play with.

Hardaway Jr. is a rookie and Shumpert doesn't even have a role on this team because Woodson is loyal to JR Smith.

Melo gives us that star power, but we don't even have an average supporting cast and theres nothing you can prove that this roster is average. Its pure trash.

Now you're reaching and getting desperate. Read the title of your thread….

It clearly says…."Knick Need Another Star To Help Anthony"….key word in your title is "STAR"

Although J.R. has been a disaster this year he's no more less a talent than Derozan go compare their career numbers. Has Derozan won a 6th Man award yet(I know, I know, I know he's a starter)….still get back to me on end of season awards he's won. Is Derozan a "STAR"?….Unequivocally... the answer is NO!

Is Ibaka a "STAR"? NO! Didn't Chandler beat him out for DPOY? For the record Ibaka is having a down year too.

As far as the rest of the players I mentioned I was naming the next best players that exist on the team, devoid of the best. Clearly many of whom I listed aren't "STARS", meaning the teams they are on have no STARS at present….. which only makes my case that much stronger as you along with so many tards think Melo is a true NBA star.

I think Melo is a good basketball player but it ends right there….but one who also is extremely flawed. Matter of fact he's so flawed, his skills has managed to stump 2 different franchises and several different GMs as to what it takes to put pieces around him and win big. 12yrs and counting!!!!!

Melo wish he was clutch like ISO Joe

LMAO at mentioning Blake's roster…..let me dismantle that trash of a rebuttal.

First of all Redick has been injured for about half the season, if not more with a broken hand.

"Jared you mean the guy who last year….. the great Iman Shumpert wouldn't be traded for along with a couple 2nd rd picks Dudley"….. is help for Griffin? Dudley is having a down year and has only recently picked up his game.

You mean Crawford who J.R. beat out last year for 6th Man Of The Year?

I'm not overrating anything, I agree with you the roster is bad in terms of it's mix and style of play but Melo's flaws bring down the team's ability to max whatever good is in this roster.

Let's put it this way. I'd wager to say you subtract Melo with a Prime Steve Nash I bet we're not 15-25. Although Melo is not a point guard he's simply not the kind of player who brings out the best in his teammates. All Great Players do this or have done this, that is a fact. He shouldn't be the type of player where you're looking for others to bring out the best in him….otherwise there's too much injustice in financial compensation and recognition.

So in other words you want the Knicks to have a well rounded team…..my bad scratch that, that's not what you want…... you want Melo to be saved from his own sins.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
the deal with those stats is just based on the fact our guys hitting those shots Melo sets up for them. Smith and Felton miss a lot of shots. The easy assist would normally be a pick and roll off to Stat or Tyson but they can't stay healthy.

Bargnani is a terrible offensive option.[/QUOTES

Of course they have to hit the open shots but do you not see so many times during a game where Melo is either bringing up the ball only to pass off to the PG and wastes 10 seconds off the clock OR he gets the ball in one on one isolation and eats 12 seconds off the clock and then passes it away..........Melo not every time but at least 50% of the time stops the ball movement.....I go to alot of Knicks games and it is painful to watch......We have no ball flow.....We agree we need a better PG but to me Pablo and Udrich do the trick.....MELO just cant hold the ball...

For you to say Griffin has Reddick, Crawford < dudley is just absurd.....The difference is the Clippers run and slash and our offense is just stagnant.....The question is if Melo and Griffin switched last night would the Clippers be the boring team to watch.......

Melo is an incredible player I just this his Basketball IQ as a team player is just lower then it needs to be for a guy to make his teamates better,

skisloper

Starter

There will be no greater indicator of Melo's value then FA.
My bet is Melo does not wait for FA and signs a Max Deal with the Knicks....
It is funny to see Wilson Chandler, Mozgov and Nate all putting up nice numbers for the Nuggets.....I know Melo's trade only involved Mozgov but its funny seeing ex-Knikcs thriving,,,,,,,,

How great it would have been if Melo just waited for FA like he says he's willing to do now......
We could have done a sign and trade with Melo with some strength as opposed to giving up ASSETS that we could have used to Help MELO.

petescud

Starter
Anthony is having a nice season but its hard for us to really get a grip on it. Last game he had great numbers, but he shot 4-26 FG, not granted some are hard fouls, so lets say 6-24...still only 24%. Yes, i believe he still is a good piece to the puzzle, and at times i know he forces his shot. Face it, he doesn't trust his teamates very much. I would tell Melo, lets eat this year, and start planning for next. Bust up this team ASAP. Get what you can for Tyson Chandler while you can. Try to put a package together with Chandler/Shump/Bargs/Felton to get started. I included Shump because i feel him included would help move the trade. We should get 2 pretty decent players in return to build with...