Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

nuckles2k2

Superstar
The only Melo deal I'd take is the one where Melo goes to the Clippers, Blake goes to the Suns and the Knicks get the draft picks.

Agreed.

Only potential problem, is that I think with the new CBA, any team over the luxury tax has to take back equal dollar values in any trade. So even if the players being moved from the Knicks and Clips were a match, and Phoenix can absorb the contracts they get, I think the Knicks still have to take something back to match the money leaving.

I think. I could be wrong tho.

skisloper

Starter
Why not get Griffin. He is still young. We could go after Kevin Love and a PG

because we are better off with draft picks,,,,,then trading CHandler for a first round....having 4 draft picks and a group of players that have expiring contracts makes the Knicks a big player in Free agency in 2015 , have 4 new first rounders in 2014, and hopefully have shump and hardaway still......so I think thats a very pretty picture of a future,

skisloper

Starter
because we are better off with draft picks,,,,,then trading CHandler for a first round....having 4 draft picks and a group of players that have expiring contracts makes the Knicks a big player in Free agency in 2015 , have 4 new first rounders in 2014, and hopefully have shump and hardaway still......so I think thats a very pretty picture of a future,

It would be fun to watch Melo with Chris Paul and see if thats really what melo has been missing,,,,,,

Rob Low

Rotation player
Clippers would win a title this year if they swapped Melo with Griffin. CP3 and Melo compliment each other so well

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
If Melo is to be traded, I believe the Clippers and Griffin must be involved. I do not see Melo out of New York or LA. Melo is a great player but he needs solid players around him. We do not have them. I am all for a rebuild now.

Solid players dont like to feed another solid player.

Kiyaman

Legend
Clippers would win a title this year if they swapped Melo with Griffin. CP3 and Melo compliment each other so well

Yeah .. I can see CP3 pushin the ball up court in a transition fastbreak and Melo being the last teammate back jogging upcourt, or better yet CP3 complimenting Melo on defense for leaving his man wide open 3 times in a row.
Dont forget HC Doc Rivers is goin to luv givin Melo several passes for arguing with the reffs while the ball is still in motion LMAO

Kiyaman

Legend
If Melo is to be traded, I believe the Clippers and Griffin must be involved. I do not see Melo out of New York or LA. Melo is a great player but he needs solid players around him. We do not have them. I am all for a rebuild now.

How many owners are going to put the HC 1st and Melo 2nd ???

Melo does not improve his teammates talents, but he demands they play to his beat.
Both LA teams knows this, and Jason Kidd made this awareness to the Brooklyn Nets organization.
So the Knicks have to dig deep to find a small market team asap to take Melo out of New York.
We are FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Oldtimer

Rotation player
As I have noted in other posts, I do not see a Melo trade this year unless he ends up with the Clippers. Because of his opt out and his and LaLa's love for the bright lights, no team will risk a less than one year rental. The Clippers, however, are over the cap this year and next year. The Clippers cannot absorb Melo as a free agent or in a trade without eliminating Paul or Blake or everyone else on the team. I do not see Melo with the Lakers. He does not complement Kobe and he and D'Antoni do not see eye to eye to put it mildly. And the Lakers are perhaps worse off going forward than the Knicks. I am all for a rebuild, but I do not see it now. I expect a re-sign of Melo and an attempt to reboot in 2015when we have a draft pick and will have cap space. In order to increase that cap space, I see us moving Shumpert. We will probably try to move Felton and JR, but that will not be easy. I do not like our future. I

clumsy

Rotation player
I'm all for trading Melo for picks but Blake isn't nearly as good as Carmelo. Those stats are because he has the best passer in the NBA on his team. How well could we get Blake the ball with the mighty Beno Udrih, Raymond Felton, and a Prone Prigioni?

Broadway

All Star
I'm all for trading Melo for picks but Blake isn't nearly as good as Carmelo. Those stats are because he has the best passer in the NBA on his team. How well could we get Blake the ball with the mighty Beno Udrih, Raymond Felton, and a Prone Prigioni?

Dude Blake got the same numbers without CP3? He got numbers with Baron Davis…..Did you just start watching basketball/only stat check this season 5min ago?

paris401

Starter
Dude Blake got the same numbers without CP3? He got numbers with Baron Davis…..Did you just start watching basketball/only stat check this season 5min ago?

I'm not a big melo fan...HOWEVER... he is much more skilled then griffin... better shooter.... its no contest... as good a defender, as good a rebounder...

what he does not have is the supporting cast around him... its a one-man circus...

felton.. if he was white he could be the Pillsbury dough boy... beno..prig... the I-talian-- mr softy, all 7' of him... the chucker jr... kmart.. who's one step away from disaster... amare...ditto the kmart comment

so what we are left with is Tyson... a serviceable big man, "IF' he has a team around him...

won't grade the rook's....

so this is the team assembled not to go 1 or 2 round in may, but to compete in june..

who the fuk is steering this ship the capt of the costa Concordia???

metrocard

Legend
lol...I bet everyone in this thread that Blake won't be as good as he is now when he hits 28 and that athleticism begins to decline.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Is your beef with Melo his contract/what you think the Knicks will give him?

While I'm not always happy with Anthony's play, I think I'm more concerned, at times subtly, about his next contract. While I'm not counting Melo out, he currently hasn't shown he's the kind of player for such a deal.

I think he should move the ball more, but I think it's his contract that might make his weaknesses seem worse than they are.