Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

MusketeerX

Rotation player
It's done. Truly. Melo to NY.

We got shafted:

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17443219

The Carmelo Anthony trade saga is finally over.

The Nuggets traded Melo to the New York Knicks tonight, a league source said. Denver gets Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors' 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash.

Anthony will go to New York, along with Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman.
Anthony was not at the Nuggets' practice as the team resumed workouts following the All-Star break.

Read more: Carmelo Anthony traded to New York Knicks in blockbuster deal - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17443219#ixzz1EecLT72d

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Just read a tweet from Alan Hahn saying that Randolph was in the deal. The Denver Post's reporting may not be completely accurate as to the details of the deal.

skisloper

Starter
Just read a tweet from Alan Hahn saying that Randolph was in the deal. The Denver Post's reporting may not be completely accurate as to the details of the deal.

If thats the deal as reported then ISIAH THOMAS will be back...
WTF.....5 KNICKS AND 3 DRAFT PICKS ??????? AND 3 MILLION DOLLARS...

FU DOLAN

la2ny

Starter
besides Felton, I think we should be pretty happy. If Billups stays and plays pretty well many may be suprised.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
besides Felton, I think we should be pretty happy. If Billups stays and plays pretty well many may be suprised.

We gave up too much.

We gave up our entire starting line-up and have no size.

Randolph, Curry's expiring, Mozgov, Gallinari, Felton, Chandler, First Round Pick

We gave up 7 players -- 4 of which are starters for us, one of which has potential for essentially one player that we actually wanted.

Denver played this well. The Nets played it even better. They costs us a great deal.

skisloper

Starter
We gave up too much.

We gave up our entire starting line-up and have no size.

Randolph, Curry's expiring, Mozgov, Gallinari, Felton, Chandler, First Round Pick

We gave up 7 players -- 4 of which are starters for us, one of which has potential for essentially one player that we actually wanted.

Denver played this well. The Nets played it even better. They costs us a great deal.

PLUS THE 2 SECOND ROUNDERS AND 3 MILLION IN CASH.....
NO WAY THIS IS WALSH.....NOT HIS STYLE....
ISIAH/DOLAN....

NOW WHAT DO WE HAVE ?

Well we gave up a lot. We lost depth, but its not like Dantoni goes deep into the bench anyway. We still lack size.

As long as Billups comes to play, I'm ok with this. As a short term stopgap at point, I like Billups better than Felton anyway.

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
YES RANDOLPH WAS INCLUDED

Carmelo Anthony has been traded to the Knicks, according to a sources that spoke to the Denver Post and New York Daily News.

New York will give up Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Timofey Mozgov, Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry's expiring contract, their own first round pick in 2014, Golden State's second round picks in 2012 and 2013, and $3 million in cash.

Randolph and Curry will go to Minnesota.

Going to the Knicks with Anthony will be Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211225/Carmelo_Anthony_Traded_To_Knicks#ixzz1Eegb244p

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Hard to Believe

I find this hard to believe. We have in fact gutted the "team." We now have Amar', Melo and an unhappy rental in Billups, plus a solid Fields. We are back into cap hell. When CP3 is available, Fields will be up for a good contract and we will likely be very hard pressed under a new cap. If we were going to give this much up, we should have had Melo all year,

Now watch Mozgov and Gallinari get shipped to the Nets for draft choices and thrive with them.

This is an Isiah move even though Melo is much more than Marbury or Curry.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Congratulations go to:

The Denver Nuggets.

GYI0061456096_crop_450x500.jpg

Carmelo Anthony & Mikhael Prokhorov

melo_16candles.jpg

La La Vasquez

lala-no-makeup.jpg

James Dolan

alg_dolan_msg.jpg

Isiah Thomas

isiah-thomas.jpg

You all manipulated and manoeuvred our pea brained owner in to getting what you wanted. YAY!
animated-gifs-champagne-bottles-16.gif

Prokhorov has become enemy number one. I don't blame Ujiri for taking advantage of a retard with a parrot on his shoulder.

Someone do the commiserations please.

la2ny

Starter
I dont see anything about Randolph. It's being reported as a straight up deal between Denver and NYC. Thats why they are getting 3 mill in cash I believe. To pay off Curry's contract.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
LETSS GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Balkman and Williams too??? Legoooooooo
F*ck the haters!!!!!!!!!! LEGOOOOOOOOOOO

MELO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vpell

Benchwarmer
ROFL real gm is making me sick right now reading all these stupid no nothings who actually think we got robbed on this deal. we are a much better team right now, and we have something that was most needed, CONSISTENCY.

Chandler, Gallo, Felton, and Mozgov were NEVER going to win us a championship. They were barely keeping us over .500. We have two of the best players in the game and we still have youth. Stop crying and enjoy our awesome team.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
LETS GO KNICKS, AAAAAHHHHHH just spent the last 1/2 hour screaming!!!!

To all you that are hating on the deal right now, get over your shit and ****ing be happy for once that the Knicks just got ANOTHER SUPERSTAR, and Chauncey to rent -- And we're pickin up Barron, and we have role players, AND we're gonna get better!!!

ENJOY THIS MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!