Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

uber

Benchwarmer
Didn't read the whole thread but Melo isn't going anywhere. He just wants the attention and the spotlight.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Since Melo arrived we won a division title and advanced past the first round for the first time in over a decade. He could do more, but to say he's done nothing is lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Did winning the division and getting past the 1st round with melo bring us any championships? No! Anybody can win a division or get past a 1st round but you nead a team that plays TEAM BALL to win championships. Melo means No championships!!

Broadway

All Star
Am I the only one on here that wants him gone? I said it when we traded for him that it was a huge mistake and guess what it was.The guy has done NOTHING since he got here and will do nothing for the rest of his career.Yes he has all the talent in the world but whats talent worth when you don't win any rings? He plays no defense,plays no team ball, and shoots way to much for this team to even think about having chemistry on the court. This team would have been better if we kept the players we had before the trade with all of our draft picks. I for one cannot wait till he leaves New York.

Well I think that at least makes 5 of us by my count. I want this Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Chipmunk looking FRAUD....AUDI 5000 G.

bogey1964

Rookie
We did not win a championship with Ewing or with camby/spreewell are they frauds !!! Only one team can win each year all we can hope is that we can compete . Tell me who you are going to get (be realistic) that is going to get us 54 wins and a shot at beating the heat.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Did winning the division and getting past the 1st round with melo bring us any championships? No! Anybody can win a division or get past a 1st round but you nead a team that plays TEAM BALL to win championships. Melo means No championships!!

That's not what you said. Doing nothing and winning championships is two different things. And no not anyone can win a division and get past the first round or else NY would have figured out how to do it for over a decade. He was the NBA scoring champ (first Knick since BK) on our most successful team probably since 1999.

tiger0330

Legend
To me it's a business decision with Melo. Signing Lebron, Harden or Kobe to a 129M max deal when the last year of their deals is when they're younger than 30 is one thing but Melo will be in his mid 30s in his last year. I wouldn't offer him more than a 4 year deal with the last year a player option, if he really wants to stay with the Knicks he'll take it like Dwight took less money to go to Houston. Let's see how this season goes if we do as bad as Schoen of ESPN says then I don't see any compelling reason to resign Melo or Chandler for that matter.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
That's not what you said. Doing nothing and winning championships is two different things. And no not anyone can win a division and get past the first round or else NY would have figured out how to do it for over a decade. He was the NBA scoring champ (first Knick since BK) on our most successful team probably since 1999.

That's the problem who cares about being a NBA scoring champ?? That doesn't win you nothing if you have one guy that over looks the open man and runs around dribbling the ball until the clock runs out and forces up shot after shot.Bottom line Melo has done nothing since he got here but pad his stats.He could care less about playing defense,hustling,ball movement,team ball, and chemistry. Do you want a team with one player that shoots all of the shots and may get you by the first round or do you want a team with all the players on the same page with great chemistry that plays team ball and wants to win like the Ewing teams? I know my pick and that's the Ewing teams/era

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
That's the problem who cares about being a NBA scoring champ?? That doesn't win you nothing if you have one guy that over looks the open man and runs around dribbling the ball until the clock runs out and forces up shot after shot.Bottom line Melo has done nothing since he got here but pad his stats.He could care less about playing defense,hustling,ball movement,team ball, and chemistry. Do you want a team with one player that shoots all of the shots and may get you by the first round or do you want a team with all the players on the same page with great chemistry that plays team ball and wants to win like the Ewing teams? I know my pick and that's the Ewing teams/era

Bernard King was our last SC, and he was just inducted into the Hall of Fame. The point is without Melo we're a lottery team, which we pretty much were when we actually had a first round pick prior to his arrival.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Im actually surprised at the responses. I see the consensus is that many of you aren't pleased with what Melo has done so far and him leaving, you guys wouldn't mind. Am I reading it right? But you guys basically stated what I have been saying amongst other basketball fans about Melo. He's a talented and gifted scorer. He is definitely one of the best we have seen in the league, but that alone doesn't win. I don't think he's a selfish player but he is a "score first" player and too often than none, doesn't get others involved. His defensive energy and effort is subpar. Guys like Mj, Kobe, LeBron, Wade, CP and KD scan till have a profound affect on their team and the game even if they're aren't scoring as much. They exert just as much effort on the defensive end as well. If he isn't scoring, what else is he doing?

In this league, you need guys who can play both sides of the ball. Look at how Indy has risen in the last few years. George and Hibbert are by no means "elite" scorers but take as much pride on D as they do on offense. Now look at their team. The knicks will be a solid team this year but they aren't even top 3 in the east imo. I think he's staying but it'll be interesting to see nonetheless.

Kiyaman

Legend
Since Melo arrived we won a division title and advanced past the first round for the first time in over a decade. He could do more, but to say he's done nothing is lying.

See this is what im talking about .. the Knicks-Team win a game and Dolan's big media headlines are "Melo scored 29 points for the Knicks win".

The Knicks Jason Kidd & Kenyon Martin strong leadership took the Knicks-TEAM on a strong-run to win 16 games out of the Knicks final 18 games of the 2012-13 season (Kenyon Martin only played 18 reg-season games for the Knicks, replacing injured Tyson Chandler.). Those two ex-teammates that took the Nets to the FINALS twice were the number #1 reason the Knicks won the Atlantic division title, and recieve the NBA 2nd worst playoff team in the first-round (The Rondoless Celtics).
The only Postseason team the "Rondoless Celtics" had a chance to beat in a 7 game series in 2012-13 were the 38-44 Bucks.

Last year when the Miami Heat was on the longest winning streak in NBA history, the majority of the Miami Heats headlines were on Chris Anderson (Birdman) joining the team, plus all the post games reports, u had Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and Ray giving the game win to the "Birdman". A big oposite of the ISO-Melo Melo Melo Knicks...

Kiyaman

Legend
Bernard King was our last SC, and he was just inducted into the Hall of Fame. The point is without Melo we're a lottery team, which we pretty much were when we actually had a first round pick prior to his arrival.

The Knicks 2008-9 roster were a 2nd round postseason team .. without a clueless Isiah Thomas in the pic, or a phony lying Donnie Walsh in the pic, or a celebrity headcoach Dantoni DNP healthy players to TANK the season.

The Knicks 2010-11 roster were a meshin postseason team, before we got involve with the Chaotic Melo-trade, we only needed to trade for a veteran SG, or a veteran combo-guard in the 2012 February trading deadline to replace Landry Fields in the starting lineup.
We did not need to trade 3 of our starters and 2 future first round picks for the Denver Nuggets two feuding-bitter players "Melo & Billups" on who Nuggets team it was.
Billups Leadership lead to a WCF postseason team vs Melo leadership the following season lead to a first round postseason team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lol

I want melo to stay until he retires so this guy kiya will be hating for years to come.

Melo fo'evah.

nah u got me wrong .. I like Melo, on any team other than my Knicks.
I liked Marbury, on any team other than my Knicks.

My Knicks are not like the average NBA team, my Knicks will trade a winning Knicks player at the drop of a dime, and hold on to a loser-cancer player for 4 to 6 seasons.
In the 1980-81 season the Knicks starting lineup of "Sugar, R.Wiliams, Toby Knight, and Cartwright" had a 50 win season, the Knicks brass couldnt wait to trade these players. Jordan would not have won any championship from the "Bad Boys" without Bill Cartwright Big-Body laying-out Lambeer, Mahorn, and Rodman in the paint.
Knicks HC Pat Riley grabbed "Starks & Anthony Mason" from the CBA league, and made the two players our SG n SF to go to the FINALS. Once Pat Riley resign the Knicks brass couldnt wait to trade Anthony Mason the next season, for a player Larry Johnson who was feuding hard with Patrick Ewing's Georgetown brother Alonnzo Morning.
u can count the games on one hand how many times Larry Johnson receive playingtime as a Knicks in 4 seasons.

bigapple

Starter
well MELO confimed to shut down last year contract n he will be FA in 14 so ESPN will be serving again FA Drama

interesting what will be with Lebron too.

petescud

Starter
This would be Melo-Sanity .... I wouldn't pay more then 15 Mil a year for him (esp for a longer term contract) so off he would go

Kiyaman

Legend
This would be Melo-Sanity .... I wouldn't pay more then 15 Mil a year for him (esp for a longer term contract) so off he would go

u hit the right number .. $15M per is the MAX amount that Melo's past 4 season performance were worth.
Plus the East got bigger over the offseason, so expect ISO-Melo to play less than 35 games before going under the knife to secure his contract negotiation with Dolan in June/July.