Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Kiyaman

Legend
umm, most points by a player with 0 assists? not complaining, jus' 'sayin...

FFF all that, Im complaining .. we are a losing-team for 2 reason:
1) we dont play Team-Ball on offense
2) we dont play Team-Ball on defense
And the number #1 reason why we Knicks dont play Team-Ball ..
are Ball-Hogger Carmelo Anthony has the greenlight to score 62 points.
After getting upset from listening to Knicks news on the radio ....

Knicks players on the team think Melo and the iso offense is the reason the team is losing. They think that he is the one to go (be traded). One of the players is a close friend of Melo's.

Melo came to the game unhappy with his teammates, and showed it by taking 35 fga, never looking to pass the ball to any of his teammates.

Melo broke The Knicks all-time Ball-Hogger record ..
20 pts in the first quarter, and 17 pts in the 2nd quarter (37 pts) .. if that's not the sign of a ball-hoggin NUT, that acts like he dont need teammates, then Nuts is on me.

PS .. its a disgrace they use Bernard King name, King scored 60 points in a close playoff game where the lead kept changing all game, plus the oponent won the Championship that year. Helluva Big Difference!

Kiyaman

Legend
Should we Knicks fans be celebrating the 62 pts from one player, or should we be celebrating the 16th win of the season? Looking for ur :2cents:

We are a losing-team for 2 reason:

Knicks players on the team think Melo and the iso offense is the reason the team is losing. They think that he is the one to go (be traded). One of the players is a close friend of Melo's.

Melo came to the game unhappy with his teammates, and showed it by taking 35 fga, never looking to pass the ball to any of his teammates.

20 pts in the first quarter, and 17 pts in the 2nd quarter (37 pts) .. if that's not the sign of a ball-hoggin NUT, that acts like he dont need teammates, then Nuts is on me.

PS .. its a disgrace they use Bernard King name, King scored 60 points in a close playoff game where the lead kept changing all game, plus the oponent won the Championship that year. Helluva Big Difference!

LeFlume

All Star
Kiyaman you have "issues"...

I have nothing but love for Melo. What an incredible performance. :gony:

and thanks 8's for the hightlights. :thumbsup:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
FFF all that, Im complaining .. we are a losing-team for 2 reason:

IMG_4100_zps62548f9b.gif

Kiyaman

Legend
I know you all don't know this about me but I feel like I should tell you all even thow I didn't want this out b/c you will look at me differently now but hopefully I will quit being called dumb,stupid,ignorant,idiot on here. Listen guys I have been called dumb,stupid,ignorant and a idiot on here. Yes I messed up on the title but mistakes happen!! I was born with cerebral palsy and I have had a tough life very tough b/c of it.I can do stuff like the normal people do but its a lot harder for me.It messes my spelling and grammer up b/c of what I have and I am sure I will keep getting made fun of and laughed at in the real world but I have news for you.Every time I get made fun of,called dumb,stupid and idiot on here or in the real world all you all are doing lighting a fire under me that will make me more determined to keep smiling and live my life to the fullest.So I owe you guys a thank you b/c you are making me stronger and stronger each and every day.Sorry to get off topic but I had to write this even thow I didn't want to. I enjoy this site and talking to all of you.Yes we all will disagree like with the melo conversation but that doesn't mean we can't still get along and have fun on here.

u shouldnt feel u have to apologize, or give more info bout self than what u gave when u join.
Especially when everyone understood the title .. plus we are in the age of multi-cultural awareness.
Being bi-ligual, I get corrected in both countries .. it made me learn quick about people who correct u.
Some correct u for ur advancement, and some correct u to show u are inferior to them.
Whatever .... just "Keep on Steppin" dont let obstacles make u late

petescud

Starter
I think if melo trusted the players around him to win and make baskets, he wouldn't be the ball hogger some of us think he is. Now granted, once he got to 40 pts last night, he was looking to hog to try and break the record. I just think if he had other proven players on the Knicks, that he would pass more and trust more.

On a side note, congrats Melo, for a memorable performance, in so far a not so memorable Knicks year

Kiyaman

Legend
You're a clown.
62 Point Performance is the greatest offensive performance at Madison Square Garden history.
You've become more of a Melo hater than an Knick fan.
I am here to remove your Knickerbocker membership.
You will now rot in the pit with Kiyaman and 3G4G as guys who only find pleasure in Melo failing than succeeding. Rot you sad soul.

Bobcats are TOP 5 in the NBA defense, they allow 95-96 points per game. This makes the performance greater than it plus the fact Melo had no turnovers.
This is the 4th time in NBA HISTORY someone scores more than 60 points under 40 minutes played. Kobe did it 2 times and Karl Malone one time. Melo has probably the most amazing one, because Malone and Kobe attempted around 20 FT.
This is better than Kobe's 81 point performance.

The more you type the more less educated you present yourself.
You want Bargs shooting over Melo? You're dumb. Theres no debating this, it's just a plain fact you're not a bright person.
100 out of 100 NBA personnel would choose Melo over everyone that isn't named Durant or LeBron. But you're talking about Bargnani's bumb ass? We play 5X better as a team without Bargnani. Bargnani hasn't done anything for New York for you to hold an allegiance to him.

You're only bringing up Melo because you're trying to play devil's advocate and not support Melo. You're a loser for that lameness.

Knicks still suck? Who cares.

Melo made history.
This team won't be good until trades are made.
Trades that include your man Bargnani because he doesn't make this team better.
Trades that don't include Melo because he's by far the best player we had.

Since 33

Numero 33, the guy in your sig...

the guy in my sig giving Melo respect.

Now why don't you be a man for once in your life and pay respect to the guy that your idol pays respect to?

It was the worst performance from a team that has been crying (16-27) to gain TEAM-CHEMISTRY on offense from multiple scorers, plus lost 5 straight games in a row from having poor TEAM-DEFENSIVE switching.

A player who shot 39% throughout 42 games, shot 67% from the fg in the Knicks 43 game of the season. WHY?
It cant be because all the VETERAN-FOWARDS are doing the samething they did last year, out with the flu or some reason not to play (Individual B.Ball) LOL.

metrocard

Legend
It was the worst performance from a team that has been crying (16-27) to gain TEAM-CHEMISTRY on offense from multiple scorers, plus lost 5 straight games in a row from having poor TEAM-DEFENSIVE switching.

A player who shot 39% throughout 42 games, shot 67% from the fg in the Knicks 43 game of the season. WHY?
It cant be because all the VETERAN-FOWARDS are doing the samething they did last year, out with the flu or some reason not to play (Individual B.Ball) LOL.

Welcome to my ignore list bro....its gotten to the point that you're hopeless.

All this negativity and mindless pessimism is unhealthy for you.

Being a fan is about celebrating and love, not discrediting and hate. You seem to come here more for the brutality part of being a fan.

I'm realistic as they get and I will bash any Knick when it's deserved. But after the greatest performance in MSG history you choose to hate on the bes player we've had in almost two decades, you don't deserve my attention.

It's not even funny anymore.

3G4G and Kiyaman, adios forever until you guys stop being clowns around these boards.

metrocard

Legend
Anyone who calls Melo a ball hog are the same people who want to see Bargnani take 30 shots a game. Because in their little ugly eyes, Bargs > Melo

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
You're a clown.
62 Point Performance is the greatest offensive performance at Madison Square Garden history.
You've become more of a Melo hater than an Knick fan.
I am here to remove your Knickerbocker membership.
You will now rot in the pit with Kiyaman and 3G4G as guys who only find pleasure in Melo failing than succeeding. Rot you sad soul.

Bobcats are TOP 5 in the NBA defense, they allow 95-96 points per game. This makes the performance greater than it plus the fact Melo had no turnovers.
This is the 4th time in NBA HISTORY someone scores more than 60 points under 40 minutes played. Kobe did it 2 times and Karl Malone one time. Melo has probably the most amazing one, because Malone and Kobe attempted around 20 FT.
This is better than Kobe's 81 point performance.

The more you type the more less educated you present yourself.
You want Bargs shooting over Melo? You're dumb. Theres no debating this, it's just a plain fact you're not a bright person.
100 out of 100 NBA personnel would choose Melo over everyone that isn't named Durant or LeBron. But you're talking about Bargnani's bumb ass? We play 5X better as a team without Bargnani. Bargnani hasn't done anything for New York for you to hold an allegiance to him.

You're only bringing up Melo because you're trying to play devil's advocate and not support Melo. You're a loser for that lameness.

Knicks still suck? Who cares.

Melo made history.
This team won't be good until trades are made.
Trades that include your man Bargnani because he doesn't make this team better.
Trades that don't include Melo because he's by far the best player we had.

Since 33

Numero 33, the guy in your sig...

the guy in my sig giving Melo respect.

Now why don't you be a man for once in your life and pay respect to the guy that your idol pays respect to?

i think we should blow up this team. We should trade Melo now when his value is the highest. Although he's the best player on the team. Why? First, he can be a UFA and we'll get nothing in return. Second, He is going to be over 30 and looking for a max contract. Unless he's willing to take a pay cut I don't think the Knicks should resign him.

As for the rest of the team, I have nobody to blame except Dolan(that's a whole other thread). I never supported the J.R signing or Felton. One was during his contract year and the other was just fat and lazy. He pushed himself for a year. He's back to his lazy scrub ass self again. Dog house these two scrubs and let the young players play. Give them some experience, maybe uncover a gem or two. Could be used as trade bait.

I'm thinking like a GM that has no emotional ties to any of the players. It's probably the smartest thing to do.

Truth is nobody in their right mind would want to play for this truly dysfunctional Knicks organization, i.e Ron Artest. All they do is sign players way past their prime and pay them to be hurt. The Brooklyn Net's did the same thing but at least they are getting something out of those players.

you know why JR and Felton will never be traded? and probably get a job within the org? because they are part of the good ol boys club that Dolan runs.

skisloper

Starter
How can we realistically win if Melo is averaging 16 points a game?

We give up 99 points a game.
That means we need to score 100 points a game to be a winning team.

Melo scores 16 points a game in 30 minutes(which isn't realistic since he averages over 20 ppg per 30 minutes)

Who else picks up the scoring load?
What does Smith average?
What does Felton average?
What does Bargnani average?
What Chandler average?
What does Shumpert average?

If you can't answer these questions and then give a solid reason why this team would win with those guys scoring points they never scored before in their career then it's best to say you have no point there.

Consider the fact most of those guys are terrible whether they take a lot of shots or take very little shots. They're not good. Stop thinking they can help this team. They can't.

Melo is a star player, he doesn't choose to be. Melo has been a star in high school, college and the NBA. He'll retire and end his career with that status and get a free walk into the hall of fame. You're covering your eyes and pretending Melo is inflating his stats for star recognition. I invite you to watch a Knicks game with me and I'll clearly show you the things Melo do on the court that separate him from other players.

This is your problem.
You want to create a world that isn't real.
You want to create a world where Melo isn't a superstar.
You want to create a world where Melo isn't the best player on the Knicks.
You want to create a whore where Knicks are better without Melo on the court.

The problem is reality.
Reality doesn't allow this for you.
Your protest to research will be your enemy.

Throughout research look at what we find:

kcmmid.png

2lw6ttz.png

Knicks play their best basketball when Carmelo is on the court.

mhubv7.png

If you look at the most productive units, Carmelo is in all of them.
The worst units tend to be the Chandler/Bargnani front court.

What does this tell you?
Melo is by far the best thing we have obviously, but it doesn't mean he's a bad team player; it is just an issue of us having a really bad team. When you realize that, things will make more sense for you.

Thanks Metro I was very curious to see these Stats but I do not have the time on my hands.....I absolutely knew you would do the research for me and I thank you........I do not consider you the enemy and I sure hope you do not consider me that way. If you do then super thanks for getting me the numbers I was looking,,,,,,,,,,

Listen we agree on one thing for sure Prigioni should be the starting PG and Felton should be off the bench for 18 minutes Max......Melo's team ball will only get better with a high IQ PG like Prigs.

CoolClyde

wow. WVKnickFan, sorry to hear about your situation, more power to you, to be part of this forum and not let an affliction curb your enthusiasm to be a serious fan of the O&B. i don't think it's necessary to give Too Much Information, as I can't see how your spelling is a part of CP. but whatever, some people take pride in speaking and spelling correctly, and some people just don't give a flying f*ck about spelling as long as they get their point across. whether it's being "bi-ligual" (sp) or just being from another country, i personally find little excuse for not being properly schooled to know the difference between "to" and "too", "your" and "you're", or "threw" and "through". that's why i'm called a grammar nazi by some, an a$$hole by others. I apologize to everyone who can't spell and/or doesn't care about proper english.

and wow to Metro, for not giving a sh*t about your situation, he reamed you righteous.

But Metro, I don't think you should put these guys on ignore, you've had way too many interesting arguments with Kiyaman to put him on your i-list... and 3G4G? well, maybe it's a good idea so this doesn't escalate, i see the name-calling has already started, and we know where that leads to... a roast!

I'm on the fence about Melo, as I feel the iso-Melo is more of a detriment than a positive to this team's winning ways, but when the guy puts on a performance for the sports ages that showcases his NBA Top 3 shooting skill set, you've GOT TO GIVE THE GUY PROPS! he couldn't miss! how can you be through with the guy after one of the best performances in NBA history??? stop it! there was no need for him to pass when he was in the zone, however he DID pass, and the ball came back to him because his teammates recognized his hot hand the entire game.

This was a very special game by a very special player. he's definitely not perfect, but he put on close to a perfect show. Respect!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
wow. WVKnickFan, sorry to hear about your situation, more power to you, to be part of this forum and not let an affliction curb your enthusiasm to be a serious fan of the O&B. i don't think it's necessary to give Too Much Information, as I can't see how your spelling is a part of CP. but whatever, some people take pride in speaking and spelling correctly, and some people just don't give a flying f*ck about spelling as long as they get their point across. whether it's being "bi-ligual" (sp) or just being from another country, i personally find little excuse for not being properly schooled to know the difference between "to" and "too", "your" and "you're", or "threw" and "through". that's why i'm called a grammar nazi by some, an a$$hole by others. I apologize to everyone who can't spell and/or doesn't care about proper english.

and wow to Metro, for not giving a sh*t about your situation, he reamed you righteous.

But Metro, I don't think you should put these guys on ignore, you've had way too many interesting arguments with Kiyaman to put him on your i-list... and 3G4G? well, maybe it's a good idea so this doesn't escalate, i see the name-calling has already started, and we know where that leads to... a roast!

I'm on the fence about Melo, as I feel the iso-Melo is more of a detriment than a positive to this team's winning ways, but when the guy puts on a performance for the sports ages that showcases his NBA Top 3 shooting skill set, you've GOT TO GIVE THE GUY PROPS! he couldn't miss! how can you be through with the guy after one of the best performances in NBA history??? stop it! there was no need for him to pass when he was in the zone, however he DID pass, and the ball came back to him because his teammates recognized his hot hand the entire game.

This was a very special game by a very special player. he's definitely not perfect, but he put on close to a perfect show. Respect!

Thanks brother that means a lot.. I didn't want to say anything but had to b/c of my spelling and grammer. As far as metro goes I have and never had no problem with the guy.I just can't understand why he has to go and start name calling? we are having a conversation here and and there's no need to drop as low as he does to try to look cool or something.I found out who he really is yesterday and its sad that a person has so much hate in his body.I know one thing I am going to do in the morning when I go to church.I will say a special prayer for Metro,b/c I know there is a good hearted person in there some where.I know once he reads this he will come and bad mouth me but I will look over that b/c I don't hate nobody and that includes Metro.

Back to the subject I got to thinking lastnight yes you are right Melo does need praised for lastnight game.I know Melo is very talented and he showed that last night with his 62 points. I just wish he would use every bit of his talent on the floor. Everybody can score in the nba but there are few players that can do EVERYTHING.Melo is one of those players and it makes me mad when I watch him not playing to the ability that he can. He could go down as one of the greatest of all time but but his ego is keeping him from doing that.

th3realicon

Rotation player
The Isiah syndrome has left deep scars on some fans, otherwise I wouldn't know how to explain all the Melo hate after he single handedly masterminded and executed the single best performance in Knicks history.
You *******s don't deserve a player like Melo, greatness makes you uncomfortable. You are products of futility and can't see what's so obvious a blind man would. The only fault Melo has is to be surrounded with junk.
I hope he leaves, that way you realize what a joke of team we are without Melo.

metrocard

Legend
The Isiah syndrome has left deep scars on some fans, otherwise I wouldn't know how to explain all the Melo hate after he single handedly masterminded and executed the single best performance in Knicks history.
You *******s don't deserve a player like Melo, greatness makes you uncomfortable. You are products of futility and can't see what's so obvious a blind man would. The only fault Melo has is to be surrounded with junk.
I hope he leaves, that way you realize what a joke of team we are without Melo.

exacto.....

metrocard

Legend
Thanks brother that means a lot.. I didn't want to say anything but had to b/c of my spelling and grammer. As far as metro goes I have and never had no problem with the guy.I just can't understand why he has to go and start name calling? we are having a conversation here and and there's no need to drop as low as he does to try to look cool or something.I found out who he really is yesterday and its sad that a person has so much hate in his body.I know one thing I am going to do in the morning when I go to church.I will say a special prayer for Metro,b/c I know there is a good hearted person in there some where.I know once he reads this he will come and bad mouth me but I will look over that b/c I don't hate nobody and that includes Metro.

Back to the subject I got to thinking lastnight yes you are right Melo does need praised for lastnight game.I know Melo is very talented and he showed that last night with his 62 points. I just wish he would use every bit of his talent on the floor. Everybody can score in the nba but there are few players that can do EVERYTHING.Melo is one of those players and it makes me mad when I watch him not playing to the ability that he can. He could go down as one of the greatest of all time but but his ego is keeping him from doing that.

Melo had 13 rebounds and held his opponent to 4 points to the entire night.

So what do you exactly mean that you wish he would do everything? Melo scored (62 points, godlike scoring performance in NBA history, rebounded(13) and defense(MKG had 4 points).

He's done those things all year.

27 ppg
9 rebounds
good defense all year long.

You're a fool for the things you write, you're insulting yourself by throwing yourself out there like that. Your post are fueled from emotions than facts.
You make these things up like Melo has an ego? LOL...trust me son, if Melo had an ego; he would of been calling out of people out on this team. Melo has been nothing but a professional the entire time.

We got Melo here knowing that he would average 23-25 ppg. He's given us more than that and you're not thankful.

You don't deserve Melo.
I don't even think you deserve the Knicks, with how bad they been...when the good does come you don't appreciate. You, 3G4G and Kiyaman have been the worst fans because you guys aren't even good pessimist. You go off in different tangents that lack facts and go on this emotional tirade against one player who has very little flaws.

Just stop wasting your fine being a fan if a historic performance like this can't make you happy and make you eat your own words happily because thats what you should be doing. This thread is a big fail and you should hold that and not say "Melo's 62 point, 13 rebound, great defensive and 0 turnover performance didn't change my stance on him".

That's EGO.
Not even the best Knicks performance at MSG doesn't change your stance on Melo.
You have the EGO.
You refuse to let go of this emotional position you're holding on to with Melo and gave up being a Knicks fan. You failed yourself man and it's sad.

Kiyaman, 3G4G who are on my ignore list are lost causes. It takes a real man to admit when he's wrong and you're not acting manly about this one bit.

Last edited: