Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

metrocard

Legend
Melo will be the first player to average at least 26 points 9 rebounds and 3 assists since Dirk in 04-05. It's a shame he has to waste this season on this garbage team.

All Star player, but trading him would for nothing will make us better somehow...you guys are try-hard comedians, no one can be serious with that foolish logic.

No brainer he gets the All Star Appearance.
Putting up 26 points 9 rebounds 3 assist (Could be 5 if he had good shooters and then the media would've stfu about him being a ball hog). 44 % FG and an outstanding 41% 3pt. Dude has really expanded his game with that 3 ball.

metrocard

Legend
So many post that are wrong in this thread(those should be concerned with how manically depressed they are with saying the most illogical statements you can think of so they side of the argument can be secure and defended), I'm going to let the forum enjoy Carmelo's top 10 pre All Star game plays.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Melo is a great individual player.......

damn, you're a punk for that.

Melo has gone play team ball, but no one plays team ball with him. Melo always been a team player, ask his Syracuse and Nugget teammates. No one has had a problem playing with him.

While people will bash Melo for ball hogging, how come anyone who can WILL isolate with everyone else spread out standing still. Even Shumpert gets the ball and there's not one Knick moving without the ball.
It's more than just getting ballhandlers to pass, its about getting non ball handlers to move.

There was a lot more ball movement from last season than this year.

It's hard to move the ball when you have spot up guys like Felton, Smith, Bargnani and Stoudemire on the floor....especially getting burned on defense.

I tell you, Melo is magical to even average 3 assist on this team. Any other team Melo would be at 5. He's having a phenomenal season.

skisloper

Starter
damn, you're a punk for that.

Melo has gone play team ball, but no one plays team ball with him. Melo always been a team player, ask his Syracuse and Nugget teammates. No one has had a problem playing with him.

While people will bash Melo for ball hogging, how come anyone who can WILL isolate with everyone else spread out standing still. Even Shumpert gets the ball and there's not one Knick moving without the ball.
It's more than just getting ballhandlers to pass, its about getting non ball handlers to move.

There was a lot more ball movement from last season than this year.

It's hard to move the ball when you have spot up guys like Felton, Smith, Bargnani and Stoudemire on the floor....especially getting burned on defense.

I tell you, Melo is magical to even average 3 assist on this team. Any other team Melo would be at 5. He's having a phenomenal season.

Its funny even when I pay Melo a compliment you seem to get defensive. I disagree with you that his teammates have not had an issue with his ISO ball. Metro you watch the same games we do I guess we see different things.

I guess you agree that Melo should bring up the ball ?
Melo should shoot when he is double teamed ?
With 24 seconds left in a quarter Melo should dribble at the top of the key only to take an off balance shot because everyone knows hes taking it.......
U are ok when he argues a call and is not back on defense or gets a crucual technical ?

I think Melo with Phil Jackson coaching him would be a different player. Melo has had issues with Karl, Dantonio and now it seems woodson and these coaches have had issues with him.............

Whether you like it or not Melo needs to elevate his game to more of a team basketball.........We do agree that he 100% has the ability to do that but again that why I bring up a Phil Jackson . I mean even melo cant argue with Jackson about which way a player should play.

Broadway

All Star
Melo is nothing but another AI with the sixers. AI scored at will and put up monster numbers but did that ever help his team? No it didn't.. He finished his NBA career with no rings and the only reason that kept him winning a ring was b/c he was a Me,Myself and I guy. That's exactly what Melo is today! Anybody can put up huge numbers and pad their stats BUT if you want to win a ring then you need to include your teammates in every game. Melo has already went to far in his career to even think about changing his game.He cannot change who he is b/c that's who he is. Well I have seen a lot of players come into the nba thinking im the guy and I don't need no help and they all have ZERO rings.I have nothing against Melo,he is probably a great guy but his basketball style will drive any true fan of the team he is playing on crazy.His style can't win and will never win titles and I am tired of watching the same old story every game happen.Its time for him and the Knicks to part ways. I wish him nothing but the best but I don't want him in a Knicks jersey.

This is what it boils down to....Like you said he's probably not a bad guy but has an over inflated ego of how good he thinks he is. The point about involving his teammates is too true. He's the kind of dude who will pull the cloak over so many...(I see his BS through his veneer)

"hey look I passed the ball in the Sixer game and got more than my season and/or career average in asissts.... therefore I'm still putting up 20+ shots, although I probably should continue moving the ball as we were more into the game when I was a playmaker"

"hey I crashed the boards against the Bobcats like a madman but tomorrow when we play the Pacers.... I'm going mono-a-mono against George and putting up close to 30 shots if possible"

"hey I got hockey assists against the Spurs, and shot a lot of free throws, shot a good percentage but tomorrow when we play the Rockets I'm outdeuling Harden and Parsons no matter what. The refs better not piss me off either because if they do I'm giving them the biznass..... technical welcome"

"hey I'm about to drop 40pts(with 28shots 37% shooting) on the Hawks but ignore the dumb/critical fouls and turnovers I committed down the stretch because who else is scoring the basketball?"

"hey I'm playing a little defense this game and taking smart shots and my teammates are contributing but our final 4-5 possessions with the game close.....I'm going ISO every single time for a pull up 23ftr"

Then you'll have a small clan of clowns, who'll "Careless Whispers" this style of play.

DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is conditional and situational according to Melo's terms and how he sees the game. This is why he'll never reach the next level for the rest of his career.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
34G will mindlessly overrate the roster so he has a chance to cry and b.itch how about this is 95% Melo's fault. If he admits that this supporting cast is worst than last year's supporting cast, he will be supporting Melo. 34G will take no risk in doing that, no matter how logical it is. He takes this personal.
34G is just a troll at this point, dude has a lot of potential but he's directing all his energy in the wrong place.

You got it twisted SLAPPY....I think both rosters aren't good which includes Melo.

You're the one trying to overrate last year's roster in efforts to excuse Melo failing with predominantly the same core of guys. As I said if the difference is a 40yr old Kidd and J.R. Smith not having a career yr....those 2 players should be easy to replace. If J.R. is worse than Derozan and worthless, then it should be easy to make up or replace someone who is worthless.

Or let's say Melo should be great enough to make up the difference. Basically what Melo needs to be for this year's team is what Kidd was for last year's team. You don't try to make up the difference by get a career high in rebounds and 3pt %. You do the things necessary to bridge the gap for what they team lacks. Maybe he should focus more on LEADERSHIP and how he plays the game with the other 4 players when he's on the floor.

He should take notes once again from other players holding it down, playing with less than what they had last year....

Bulls are 7-2 without Deng and no Rose. Go ahead a keep making Kindergarten Puppy Love excuses for.............

MELTRO!!!!

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
The team has turned on Carmelo and are sick of his act

Michael Kay: The team has turned on Carmelo and are sick of his act

Michael Kay (on his radio show - ESPN) just reported that a source close to the situation said that the team has turned on Carmelo Anthony and that multiple players think he is the problem with the team. These players on the team think Melo and the iso offense is the reason the team is losing. They think that he is the one to go (be traded). One of the players is a close friend of Melo's. Kay thinks that all the players will deny it when asked, but their play speaks for itself.

They claim they cannot run an offense because Melo pounds the ball and is the center of attention. Woody and Melo are on the same page and that everything is run through Melo. This was the problem Melo had with the D'antoni/Lin situation when the offense ran through other players. Those two were banished.

That's what Kay is saying....

Kiyaman

Legend
Hate to say, "I told u so" .... in 2010-11 season weeks before the trade-deadline.

The 8-15 start in the 2011-12 season of ISO-ISO-ISO was another hint.
Lucky for us the D.League product (Jeremy Lin) save the 2011-12 season.

I cant go on the idea of ESPN always criticizing the Knicks...

Paul1355

All Star
Michael Kay: The team has turned on Carmelo and are sick of his act

Michael Kay (on his radio show - ESPN) just reported that a source close to the situation said that the team has turned on Carmelo Anthony and that multiple players think he is the problem with the team. These players on the team think Melo and the iso offense is the reason the team is losing. They think that he is the one to go (be traded). One of the players is a close friend of Melo's. Kay thinks that all the players will deny it when asked, but their play speaks for itself.

They claim they cannot run an offense because Melo pounds the ball and is the center of attention. Woody and Melo are on the same page and that everything is run through Melo. This was the problem Melo had with the D'antoni/Lin situation when the offense ran through other players. Those two were banished.

That's what Kay is saying....
I am shocked that this is news. Melo has been the only bright spot this year.

So many players are failing but melo has been consistent and is even better with his rebounding and assist numbers. The ONLY knock on Melo is that he gets into modes when he just goes iso and doesnt even look to pass and jocks, however thats why he is here.

Who else is going to create their own shot?

Who else is going to run the offense? Felton? HAHA yea ok he is the worst starting PG in the NBA....Pablo? I wish but he is hurt all the time and getting pretty old for big minutes. Mourre is good but cant break down an offense consistently. Beno is gone....JR and Hardaway are not ball handlers.

The blame is Woodson for having a heavy iso offense that he brought from Altanta known as Iso-Joe (Johnson)

If the players are pissed then why do they stand around and do nothing when Melo has the ball? set screens for each other, charge the basket knowing he is going to shoot to get a rebound, make cuts to the hoop. This just sounds like more whining and finger pointing and NO ACCOUNTABILITY from coach.

Paul1355

All Star
Agreed. Probably the biggest difference from a 54 win season and this tragedy is that JR smith has gone from a 18 ppg consistent 2nd option to nothing.

Melo last year had JR come in a light it up and take over games, for most of the season he was the 2nd option we were hoping for. In the playoffs he failed and this season he has failed.

Also Felton is an x factor, when he plays like a elgit PG we win, when he doesnt (most of the time) we suck because the PG is the quarterback of the offense and he is the worst starting PG in the NBA.

replace Felton and JR with Pablo and Hardaway and watch the ball go into the basket.

skisloper

Starter
Supposedly the source is a close friend of Melo

Sounds like a real great friend............

How can players not be disgusted with the MELO'WOODY ISO world.

go watch the Linsanity highlights and when u catch glimpses of Melo see if he is going nits like Tony Douglas, Landry, Amare and Tyson...

metrocard

Legend
You got it twisted SLAPPY....I think both rosters aren't good which includes Melo.

You're the one trying to overrate last year's roster in efforts to excuse Melo failing with predominantly the same core of guys. As I said if the difference is a 40yr old Kidd and J.R. Smith not having a career yr....those 2 players should be easy to replace. If J.R. is worse than Derozan and worthless, then it should be easy to make up or replace someone who is worthless.

Or let's say Melo should be great enough to make up the difference. Basically what Melo needs to be for this year's team is what Kidd was for last year's team. You don't try to make up the difference by get a career high in rebounds and 3pt %. You do the things necessary to bridge the gap for what they team lacks. Maybe he should focus more on LEADERSHIP and how he plays the game with the other 4 players when he's on the floor.

He should take notes once again from other players holding it down, playing with less than what they had last year....

Bulls are 7-2 without Deng and no Rose. Go ahead a keep making Kindergarten Puppy Love excuses for.............

MELTRO!!!!

Are you trying to make fun of my Puerto Rican accent by calling me Meltro?

Bulls are 7-2 without Deng and Rose because Boozer, Bulter, Noah, Hinrich, Gibson, Augustin and Dunleavy is a strong supporting cast.

Why do you think Bulls were the favorite to beat Miami before Rose had this career ending injury? Bulls weren't just D-Rose and Deng, Bulls actually have a great center in Noah and two good PF's in Boozer and Gibson along with Augustin who's been playing great basketball this year after having 2-3 bad seasons as a back up PG.

You surround Melo around guys who can shoot (Hinrich, Dunleavy, Augustin) and guys who can defend and rebound (Gibson, Noah) you'll see Knicks going 7-2 also.

Melo is just another case where an elite MVP candidate player gets disrespected by the NBA franchise where they don't upgrade the roster and make it worse.

It happen to T-Mac
It happen to AI
Bad teams don't lose games because of their superstar. If 14 other guys aren't doing their job, you can't have your expectations too high.

Keep calling me slappy and I'm gonna show up at your front door and soul slap you, leaving a Melo jersey on your unconcious body.

Melo has done all the necessary things to bridge the gap on what a team lacks.
Rebound
Pass
Defend
Shoot phenomenally
Being durable (leading the NBA in minutes)

What Kidd was for this last year wouldn't even come close to saving this year's team. You gotta be a fool to believe that. We have much bigger problem where most teams in the NBA have improved and surpassed us.

Leadership is an empty word and you have no meaning behind, you use it to discredit Melo because the majority of his all around game is too real for you to even dare debate about. It's cowardly and it's really all you're limited to. Melo's been a leader most of his career from Syracuse into Denver.

Speaking of DeRozan, didn't he had 41 points the other night? JR Smith last season career high was 37(bet you didn't even know that). You still think JR Smith of last year is better than DeRozan this year? lol payaso.

Kidd
Thomas
Rasheed Wallace
Copeland
Gimmick Novak
Camby

>>>>>>> Bargnani, Udrih.

World Peace and Martin haven't even been healthy enough to make a different.

Pablo doesn't get enough minutes and we play best when he starts(as last years shows).

If you think this teams supporting cast is better than last year, you're a fool.

metrocard

Legend
Obviously Beno.

He's never been a classy guy, he's not even that good to be on an NBA roster.

You hate people doing great when you're doing bad.

This article just proves how much of a ****ty supporting cast Melo has anyone that isn't named Hardaway, Shumpert, Prigioni and World Peace.

metrocard

Legend
Agreed. Probably the biggest difference from a 54 win season and this tragedy is that JR smith has gone from a 18 ppg consistent 2nd option to nothing.

Melo last year had JR come in a light it up and take over games, for most of the season he was the 2nd option we were hoping for. In the playoffs he failed and this season he has failed.

Also Felton is an x factor, when he plays like a elgit PG we win, when he doesnt (most of the time) we suck because the PG is the quarterback of the offense and he is the worst starting PG in the NBA.

replace Felton and JR with Pablo and Hardaway and watch the ball go into the basket.

I never wanted Felton on this team....anyone who watched him play on Portland would of known he would of turned into garbage. I can name 40 PG's off my head that play the PG position better.