Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

CoolClyde

...the rockets and cavs are now the two teams left pursuing anthony. Neither team has the assets to acquire carmelo—unless cleveland agrees to swap kevin love for anthony straight-up—but a third organization could come in and help facilitate a deal.
Phoenix and it's basket of young talent certainly comes to mind. Maybe they'd be on-board to ship a few unproven prospects new york’s way in a three-team deal to acquire love. send some combination of marquese chriss, dragan bender and tj warren along with a future pick and we might have a deal.

agreeeeeed!

Paul1355

All Star
The truth is .. Melo take's 30 shots to score 22 pts plus Melo plays 40 minute of no defensive effort in a game.
Oh yeah .. Melo dont know how to participate in a fastbreak unless Melo is the scorer ....
Yep! that's deadweight!

Let Melo go to the next team, where a wise head-coach knows how to coach Melo scoring talent for 24 minute a night having Melo in lineups of young 2-way teammates to cover the defensive-end of the court.

058d31a96e51d0a90b98d489b179a60a.jpg
3c277c6c94c5cba0a4fff899ba96c9f1.jpg

Carmelo's defense never was elite he's averaged a steal per game and 0.5 blocks for most of his career. However he's an offensive juggernaut and there are two reasons why he underperformed last season even though he averaged 22 ppg.

He shot more 3's than any time in his career and went to the free throw line less than any other time in his career. Wally Szerbiak said in tv that Melo only had 12 dunks all season, so Melo simply didn't go to the line and use his physicality. This is a result of Jackson's passive shooting offense and Melos declining athleticism. His true shooting percentage was as good as any time in his career. But his PER was at 17-18 which is lowest of his career.

He also had lowest usage rate of his career which obviously would effect his numbers. You say he shoots so much but he dropped his usage rate dramatically to the same number as he did in rookie season.

So the argument is valid that he's not the same player he has to be at top elite level scoring, but he is only a notch below those numbers and still all star level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really think Melo trade is imminent, so, I'm moving Melo trade talk back to this epic Melo thread (or at least trying to move it back here).

Read on Twitter that Knicks are demanding Clint Capela and Eric Gordon be included in any deal with the Rockets for Melo. I doubt that's feasible, but sure, why not? Let's get crazy here.

Apparently, the best the Cavs have to entice the Knicks to deal with them instead of Houston is Turkish forward stash pick, Cedi Osman, who they are signing instead of Jamal Crawford.

paris401

Starter
I'm staying in ny to bring a championship to ny, I won't waive my NTC as I want to be close to my child... Me-Lo is a piece of dog doo-doo...

Paul1355

All Star
I really think Melo trade is imminent, so, I'm moving Melo trade talk back to this epic Melo thread (or at least trying to move it back here).

Read on Twitter that Knicks are demanding Clint Capela and Eric Gordon be included in any deal with the Rockets for Melo. I doubt that's feasible, but sure, why not? Let's get crazy here.

Eventhough Gordon would be only thing close to value back for Melo, this would not make sense with the youth movement mills has been talking about. He doesn't want to take back players over 25 years old. Gordon is 29? Any deal needs a 3rd team and Portland makes most sense as that extra team

Eventhough Gordon would be only thing close to value back for Melo, this would not make sense with the youth movement mills has been talking about. He doesn't want to take back players over 25 years old. Gordon is 29? Any deal needs a 3rd team and Portland makes most sense as that extra team

Houston is going to fight like crazy to keep reigning 6th man of the year Gordon, but seriously, if Houston gets Melo and gets to shed Ryan Anderson's bad contract without also giving up some real other goodies in the process, then what the hell are the Knicks and possibly a 3rd team doing at the negotiation table.

For what it's worth, Gordon is 28 and a much more desirable contract than Anderson if we have to take money back.

Paul1355

All Star
Houston is going to fight like crazy to keep reigning 6th man of the year Gordon, but seriously, if Houston gets Melo and gets to shed Ryan Anderson's bad contract without also giving up some real other goodies in the process, then what the hell are the Knicks and possibly a 3rd team doing at the negotiation table.

For what it's worth, Gordon is 28 and a much more desirable contract than Anderson if we have to take money back.

I doubt we get anything back from Houston because we want picks and young players. The question is what team in he NBA could use a guy like Anderson? I'd say a team with cap space in a smaller market that never attracts free agents so they would look at Anderson as a player that wouldn't be able to attract any other way. This is why I like the idea of blazers getting involved. Anderson on the blazers makes sense and we can get back their young players and maybe a pick

Paul1355

All Star
Final day of Melo as a Knick? Online report that Melo is confident that he is going to Houston.

Just a matter of time but since we didn't agree with griffin then mills should just make a deal now and show he is the real president and gm

Just read online that maybe the Knicks will hold off on trading Melo until they hire a new GM. Makes sense if you are Dolan and Mills and don't want to take the blame for making a bad trade. Instead, you throw your brand new GM under the bus. Exactly the kind of move you would expect from Dolan and Mills.

So, it may be some time before Melo goes anywhere. Until then, THJ is going to have to keep saying they want Melo back.

Broadway

All Star
Just read online that maybe the Knicks will hold off on trading Melo until they hire a new GM. Makes sense if you are Dolan and Mills and don't want to take the blame for making a bad trade. Instead, you throw your brand new GM under the bus. Exactly the kind of move you would expect from Dolan and Mills.

So, it may be some time before Melo goes anywhere. Until then, THJ is going to have to keep saying they want Melo back.

According to Begley Knicks are still intent on trading Melo an update about 4hrs ago

It's over! It's finally over! 6 years and 7 months later, Melo is no longer a Knick! Some mod get in here and unsticky and lock this thread. It's time for this team and this forum to enter a new era!