Page 109 of 120 FirstFirst ... 597989103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1796

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

  1. #1621
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Despite Noah's intense efforts to recruit Melo (which, btw, how is he the one guy who hasn't gotten fined for tampering?), I think Derrick Rose messes up the Chicago recruitment of Melo big time. His bad attitude about adding another elite player partly sabotaged their pursuit of Lebron. Chicago may have to decide Rose is no longer their prized jewel if they sign Melo, because I see him and Melo possibly not co-existing at all if they don't immediately win heavily.

  2. #1622
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    Is 'Melo to CLE a possibility? Accoding to Frank Isola today:

    "There are unconfirmed reports of the Cleveland Cavaliers being willing to trade the No. 1 overall pick in a sign-and- trade for Anthony. However, Anthony would only consider Cleveland if the Cavs were able to sign LeBron James. That scenario seems remote. James has until the end of the week to notify the Heat of his plans to either opt out or opt in to his current contract."

    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    I was wondering why CLE was quit on the K-Love front... could it be hey have a trick up their sleeve? Kyrie and Melo a better duo for Lebron, at this stage, than Bosh and Wade. Going home also repairs his image. For James, to escape MIA before ship sinks AND get to a better situation (to win) is the perfect scenario, no?

    U N L E S S ... Gilbert blew up the bridge and LJ just refuses to play for tat owner, or unless LJ I follower and easily manipulated (used) by Wade and Riley... can't say that the cold ad snow is what prohibits LJ from leaving the South beach. HEY LEBRON, if those fans flee early... why stay loyal to that?

    For NYK... get #1, trade Chandler and Shump for picks/assets... Endure losing season to develop youth... grab another lottery pick next summer, sign 1 max player next July... get ready for Durant 2016.
    I am a bigger fan of Cleveland than most New Yorkers with some strong ties there, but geez, Melo to Cleveland, even with Lebron? I can't see him selling his wife and his entourage on that one.

  3. #1623
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by htr10
    I am a bigger fan of Cleveland than most New Yorkers with some strong ties there, but geez, Melo to Cleveland, even with Lebron? I can't see him selling his wife and his entourage on that one.
    Lebron's options are limited, if he wants to leave MIA. Same with Melo. Both are good pals and want to play together at some point. I am sure winning trumps the inconvenience living in CE poses, a Lebon may want to return home o repair image. I doubt this happens, but we can't deny that this scenario as likely as any (other than LJ staying in MIA).

  4. #1624
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Chief we'll miss you around here but are you staying and rooting for the Knicks if Melo goes to Houston?
    Hell to the naw....I am still pissed at Houston for 94' and that business with J Lin...I am only defecting if Melo leaves us and comes here to Chicago. I know it's bogus, but Phil's double bogus if he lets Melo walk....

  5. #1625
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Hell to the naw....I am still pissed at Houston for 94' and that business with J Lin...I am only defecting if Melo leaves us and comes here to Chicago. I know it's bogus, but Phil's double bogus if he lets Melo walk....

    I am sure its emotional but Phil did not create this mess......Truth is if MELO needs MAX to stay PHIL should let him walk immediately......No way Knicks can make a winning team with melo making the max....Goal is a ring not nonsense

  6. #1626
    Member vrgadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brick twnshp, NJ
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ring aint never gonna happen. The reason this league is so boring is cause every year only like 3 teams have a toss up at a chip. NBA has 0 parody between teams. Now look at the NHL, My Rangers made it all the way to the finals.....anyone can make a run in hockey, THAT is a healthy sport

  7. #1627
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    so are you a Knicks fan or a Melo fan? Knicks fans bleed Orange and Blue and are behind the team no matter what. this entire Knicks organization has been f*cked with by James Dolan for the past dozen years or so. Hiring Phil Jackson and having one last year of stupid trades involving draft picks petering out should be the impetus to be excited about the Knicks future. Dolan and his cronies f*cked up from day one, yet you stayed a Knicks fan, why? this is Melo's decision to make, do you think Phil should offer Melo the max so the team is f*cked for years to come, or allow him to make a decision based on his wanting to win now? In a sense, you and Melo are in the same boat, as there is no chance of winning now if he leaves NY hanging with no compensation, yet doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding Knicks team where he has to take less money to win in the next couple years.

    If Melo's leaving/coming to Chicago is the only reason for you to change colors, perhaps you should just leave KO now and get it over with. that's your decision.

    props for quoting WV.
    CC, I have been bleeding orange and blue since 91'. I moved to the CHI in 98' and have been repping since...matter fact I am getting ready to sport a Knicks Melo jersey I just picked up. But this stupid stuff....we can afford Melo and his max money, what we can't afford is STAT/Bargs combined 35 million next season. I know that wasn't PJ's fault, but he took 60 million to make it right. 60. Don't ask a player to take a pay cut while you are making 12 million a year to whistle Dixie on Chief

  8. #1628
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    CC, I have been bleeding orange and blue since 91'. I moved to the CHI in 98' and have been repping since...matter fact I am getting ready to sport a Knicks Melo jersey I just picked up. But this stupid stuff....we can afford Melo and his max money, what we can't afford is STAT/Bargs combined 35 million next season. I know that wasn't PJ's fault, but he took 60 million to make it right. 60. Don't ask a player to take a pay cut while you are making 12 million a year to whistle Dixie on Chief
    We can't afford Melo at 5yrs $130mil sorry your heart can beat and pitter pat for this all you want but you'd be a fool in love to think so.

    Also Phil essentially demanding Melo take a paycut is for all potential free agents to come. You want to play here don't try to play us. You come here because you want to be here and not for extreme selfish reasons. The days of overpaying should be over. My only gripe with Phil at the moment is....


    His his pay, Fisher's pay

    and

    Lamar's gut




    Can we look at it as a double standard? Sure if you want, and there would be an argument for it. But Phil's pay nor Fisher's pay affect the ability to structure a winning team. I want a championship or a legit shot getting one..... not players seeking life security through our organization. Therefore the precedent starts with players sacrificing first, then everything else should follow.

  9. #1629
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    We can't afford Melo at 5yrs $130mil sorry your heart can beat and pitter pat for this all you want but you'd be a fool in love to think so.

    Also Phil essentially demanding Melo take a paycut is for all potential free agents to come. You want to play here don't try to play us. You come here because you want to be here and not for extreme selfish reasons. The days of overpaying should be over. My only gripe with Phil at the moment is....


    His his pay, Fisher's pay

    and

    Lamar's gut




    Can we look at it as a double standard? Sure if you want, and there would be an argument for it. But Phil's pay nor Fisher's pay affect the ability to structure a winning team. I want a championship or a legit shot getting one..... not players seeking life security through our organization. Therefore the precedent starts with players sacrificing first, then everything else should follow.

    What Phil Jackson makes has ZERO to do with this.........Phil is saying Melo if you want to come back as a Knicks then take a pay cut.........A fool and Chief I do not think you are one would play MELO 130 million for 5 years...The way the league is taking shape that contract alone will mean the Knicks will not win an NBA TITLE FOR 5 YEARS. Give Phil the credit that he has the balls to say take a cut or walk.........
    CHIEF IF ITS NO MELO OR MELO FOR 130 MILLION WHICH WOULD YOU DO ?

    Phil was brought in to do his magic as he has done in coaching.....He has never done this before so yes its a leap of faith........We do not need excuses that we paid Melo too much.....If this means being crap next year so be it......For once lets do it the right way...........Yes Stat and Bargani contracts are killer but they are on the books the same as the Knicks playing at the garden....it cannot change so dont play that into the equation........

    Sign and Trade to the Rockets....Take Lin and Asik and 2 first rounders and a 2nd rounder

  10. #1630
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    We can't afford Melo at 5yrs $130mil sorry your heart can beat and pitter pat for this all you want but you'd be a fool in love to think so.

    Also Phil essentially demanding Melo take a paycut is for all potential free agents to come. You want to play here don't try to play us. You come here because you want to be here and not for extreme selfish reasons. The days of overpaying should be over. My only gripe with Phil at the moment is....


    His his pay, Fisher's pay

    and

    Lamar's gut




    Can we look at it as a double standard? Sure if you want, and there would be an argument for it. But Phil's pay nor Fisher's pay affect the ability to structure a winning team. I want a championship or a legit shot getting one..... not players seeking life security through our organization. Therefore the precedent starts with players sacrificing first, then everything else should follow.
    So let me get this straight... This would be your pitch to potential free agents:" Come here to a team that has one Atlantic division title in the last decade( that I had nothing to do with btw) because my name is Phil Jackson and I have Championship rings( that weren't here btw except over 40 years ago while I was on the Bench). "Btw I want you to relocate to one I the most EXPENSIVE places to live on earth and take a pay cut....btw...I won't be taking a pay cut....just you..." GTFO of here NBA players these days aren't as STUPiD as y'all sound right now on Chief...good leaders lead by example and ask subordinates to do what they aren't willing to do themselves. Phil will be finding this out....

  11. #1631
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    so are you a Knicks fan or a Melo fan? Knicks fans bleed Orange and Blue and are behind the team no matter what. this entire Knicks organization has been f*cked with by James Dolan for the past dozen years or so. Hiring Phil Jackson and having one last year of stupid trades involving draft picks petering out should be the impetus to be excited about the Knicks future. Dolan and his cronies f*cked up from day one, yet you stayed a Knicks fan, why? this is Melo's decision to make, do you think Phil should offer Melo the max so the team is f*cked for years to come, or allow him to make a decision based on his wanting to win now? In a sense, you and Melo are in the same boat, as there is no chance of winning now if he leaves NY hanging with no compensation, yet doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding Knicks team where he has to take less money to win in the next couple years.

    If Melo's leaving/coming to Chicago is the only reason for you to change colors, perhaps you should just leave KO now and get it over with. that's your decision.

    props for quoting WV.

    Yeah Jim props for quoting WV!!
    Last edited by WVKnickfan; Jun 23, 2014 at 23:27.

  12. #1632
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    So let me get this straight... This would be your pitch to potential free agents:" Come here to a team that has one Atlantic division title in the last decade( that I had nothing to do with btw) because my name is Phil Jackson and I have Championship rings( that weren't here btw except over 40 years ago while I was on the Bench). "Btw I want you to relocate to one I the most EXPENSIVE places to live on earth and take a pay cut....btw...I won't be taking a pay cut....just you..." GTFO of here NBA players these days aren't as STUPiD as y'all sound right now on Chief...good leaders lead by example and ask subordinates to do what they aren't willing to do themselves. Phil will be finding this out....
    Is this your cute way of saying....

    Give Carmelo 5yrs $130mil and the days of paying the Amar'e Stoudemires of the world $100mil Max money are no longer over because Melo will need help and they won't take a penny less?
    I already stated Phil's salary is an issue....nevertheless the THE BUICK(buck) STOPS HERE(Frank Caliendo impersonating GB Jr.) going forward.

  13. #1633
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,478
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    So let me get this straight... This would be your pitch to potential free agents:" Come here to a team that has one Atlantic division title in the last decade( that I had nothing to do with btw) because my name is Phil Jackson and I have Championship rings( that weren't here btw except over 40 years ago while I was on the Bench). "Btw I want you to relocate to one I the most EXPENSIVE places to live on earth and take a pay cut....btw...I won't be taking a pay cut....just you..." GTFO of here NBA players these days aren't as STUPiD as y'all sound right now on Chief...good leaders lead by example and ask subordinates to do what they aren't willing to do themselves. Phil will be finding this out....
    um, no. because the best coach in the history of the NBA will be mentoring a fresh coach with personal knowledge of the system AND the coach that won a sh*tload of championships. the most expensive place on earth is also the greatest place on earth to live and play; the garden, the food, the nightlife, the arts, the melting pot of culture, the music, the parks, the boroughs, the close vicinity to other great places like the beaches, upstate NY, and of course the adoration of the most knowledgeable fans in the world... not to mention any great player would get perks of instant recognition, freebies, endorsement deals etc. NBA players are that SMART, and Phil will be leading the way to greatness, as long as that meddlesome troll of a billionaire keeps the f*ck out of the business of NYK basketball. IMHO.

    and btw WHAT THE F*CK does Phil Jackson (and DeFish)'s salary have anything to do with anything? we're talking salary cap, and the front office's salaries, coming from a billion-dollar corporation don't mean shee-it! come off it now.

    Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Yeah Jim props for quoting WV!!
    haha! you go, WV!

  14. #1634
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    um, no. because the best coach in the history of the NBA will be mentoring a fresh coach with personal knowledge of the system AND the coach that won a sh*tload of championships. the most expensive place on earth is also the greatest place on earth to live and play; the garden, the food, the nightlife, the arts, the melting pot of culture, the music, the parks, the boroughs, the close vicinity to other great places like the beaches, upstate NY, and of course the adoration of the most knowledgeable fans in the world... not to mention any great player would get perks of instant recognition, freebies, endorsement deals etc. NBA players are that SMART, and Phil will be leading the way to greatness, as long as that meddlesome troll of a billionaire keeps the f*ck out of the business of NYK basketball. IMHO.

    and btw WHAT THE F*CK does Phil Jackson (and DeFish)'s salary have anything to do with anything? we're talking salary cap, and the front office's salaries, coming from a billion-dollar corporation don't mean shee-it! come off it now.



    haha! you go, WV!
    Uhhhh CC are you talking about NY or the CHI because all those perks you mentioned ( culture, food, beaches, nightlife....) are found here in Chicago as well..hello...Ever been here to Chicago???? And no city knows how to embrace and promote a basketball star like Chicago either. Jordan's are STILL the shoe here, not D-rose shoes...and Bulls fans WANT Melo here unlike turncoat Knicks fans chasing Melo out of town#u mitches ain't loyal while u talkin bout me. Bulls fans understand it takes STARS to win Chips. Even Phil wants wants Melo to opt in so your point is????

  15. #1635
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Uhhhh CC are you talking about NY or the CHI because all those perks you mentioned ( culture, food, beaches, nightlife....) are found here in Chicago as well..hello...Ever been here to Chicago???? And no city knows how to embrace and promote a basketball star like Chicago either. Jordan's are STILL the shoe here, not D-rose shoes...and Bulls fans WANT Melo here unlike turncoat Knicks fans chasing Melo out of town#u mitches ain't loyal while u talkin bout me. Bulls fans understand it takes STARS to win Chips. Even Phil wants wants Melo to opt in so your point is????

    Jordan was and is embraced because of the championships.......Bring Melo to the Bulls and if they are no better or Melo shoots away Chicago fans will crucify him.......Remember Phil wants Melo to opt in so he then controls Melo in a trade.......Now Melo has the controls....No knock on Phil and no Knock on Melo....

    D-Rose shoes are not the thing in Chicago ......Do you not understand why....Rose has not won any rings or played the past 2 years....so I guess fans in Chicago only show the love if your Jordan......

    Look at Willis Reed , Clyde Frazier , Patrick Ewing or Charles Oakly...they get standing ovations everytime on the big screen.....

    Jordan Jordan Jordan....Chicago equals NYC.....u should just jump on the Bulls/Melo world now...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 568
    Last Post: May 22, 2013, 19:42
  2. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread (revised)
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2012, 17:05
  3. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2012, 21:15
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 17:01

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •