Page 11 of 106 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617314161 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Its always kinda tragic seeing a poster lose all credibility and not to learn from it the first time round is even worse.

This is like a car crash that you can't help but look at!

1-6 in the Last 7 games Oh we win one poorly Reffed game verus the Magic's and you guys are hype?
    What about losing to the Cavs twice and the Bucks and Bobcats and Pacers twice

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    F*cking dummy!

No respect for you

Spree with a lill' message to the Melo haters:

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

Hey, listen guys... Yes, plenty of us argue /go back & forth about the coach etc etc... But @ the end of the night? We can usually agree to disagree move on & focus about the next subject @ hand which makes us all true, real, die hard fans who want the best for this team. The heated moment of sports talk can have me talking wreckless @ times, now... I'm on my cell, I cant see his join date & have no idea what types of posts or type of poster he is as a man & Knicks fan but... Just from reading some of the posts that many have quoted around here... It's like he reminds me of a jealous Nets fan losing his team to NY for Brooklyn or just a fan of any other tem all together. What makes me think that is right when I read his previous post. I might be wrong & way off but thats just the type of weird feeling I got as SOON as I read that post. Which has never happened since I've been on this site, even when having heated talk about the coach. That wasn't heated, that was calm, thought out post after a feel good win.

This thread should Die

I see LJ4ptplay went silent on this one. He's also a Melo hater.

This post is BS.. We have two of the top 10 superstars in the league. Melo has proven he can play defense and consistency will come when he realizes he cant win any other way. The same thing happened with the celtics except we have an advantage because our superstars are in the prime of thier careers. All the Melo haters need to be quiet and enjoy this season knowing we have a bright future and let Donnie get one off season to find some role players and then we can criticize next year. Anybody trying to criticize a month after a blockbuster trade is just blowing smoke.. You'll be the same ones eating your words when we find another wilson chandler or gallo but you cant replace a MELO

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I see LJ4ptplay went silent on this one. He's also a Melo hater.
    Still here. It's about consistency with Melo. He'll have a 5-20 and lazy defensive game soon. This is what Melo does. I fully expected fans to be dazzled by Melo initially but in Colorado we are all too familiar with this sort of play:

Conversely, the Knicks are a woefully awful 2-8 against sub-.500 teams while somehow being 6-4 against plus-.500 teams. Meaning, the Knicks are doing today what the Melo-led Nuggets did for years in Denver: get up for the good teams while allowing bad teams to hang around. Remember all those blown fourth-quarter leads the Nuggets had this season with Melo on-board? Now, in Melo's absence the Nuggets have beaten sub-.500 teams by an average of 25 points per game in their five victories against the NBA's bottom feeders. Great players win the games they're supposed to win.
    The Nuggets have been my second favorite team for years. Not just after the trade. If he can end his inconsistent, inefficient offense, play more team basketball and limit his lazy defensive habits, then great. Maybe being humbled in New York will change him. I hope it does.

But also, some of my hate is how he came here. Forcing us to gut the roster for him. If the reports of a more restrictive CBA coming are true, you won't hear the end of it from me. Melo will become public enemy #1. Hopefully that won't happen, but to me the verdict on this trade is still not in.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Mar 29, 2011 at 10:58.

Veteran

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Still here. It's about consistency with Melo. He'll have a 5-20 and lazy defensive game soon. This is what Melo does. I fully expected fans to be dazzled by Melo initially but in Colorado we are all too familiar with this sort of play:

The Nuggets have been my second favorite team for years. Not just after the trade. If he can end his inconsistent, inefficient offense, play more team basketball and limit his lazy defensive habits, then great. Maybe being humbled in New York will change him. I hope it does.

But also, some of my hate is how he came here. Forcing us to gut the roster for him. If the reports of a more restrictive CBA coming are true, you won't hear the end of it from me. Melo will become public enemy #1. Hopefully that won't happen, but to me the verdict on this trade is still not in.
    After last night how can you post this garbage??? People like you are exactly why Melo couldn't wait to get out of Denver. Denver is a bigoted cowtown that treats its black sportsstars like crap all the way back to chasing Chris Jackson out of town for not standing during the national anthem. Keep that sad attitude toward black stars in your cowtown. How "lazy" was that 30 Melo dropped in the 4th quarter last night??? NY was 12-17 in the last 30 games before the trade and you are still bitching??? Miss that "****" your life??? Go be a Nuggets fan then and save us Knicks fans from your hateful tirades. And I put that ON CHIEF!!!!

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    After last night how can you post this garbage??? People like you are exactly why Melo couldn't wait to get out of Denver. Denver is a bigoted cowtown that treats its black sportsstars like crap all the way back to chasing Chris Jackson out of town for not standing during the national anthem. Keep that sad attitude toward black stars in your cowtown. How "lazy" was that 30 Melo dropped in the 4th quarter last night??? NY was 12-17 in the last 30 games before the trade and you are still bitching??? Miss that "****" your life??? Go be a Nuggets fan then and save us Knicks fans from your hateful tirades. And I put that ON CHIEF!!!!

^^Talk about a hateful tirade...

I am a fan of Melo and don't agree with LJ but your post is idiotic and dripped with unnecessary talk about race. (par for your course) Again I am a fan but one quarter does not mean anything and citing it as proof of anything shows how foolish you really are. Further, Denver did not run Melo out of anywhere and wanted him to sign the extension up to the day he left. You sir are an ignorant troll and need to think before you type.

Yea this was uncalled for Jim. Lj's a good poster who's in the minority on Melo, but that's no reason to go off on him.

lol this has to be one of the worst but funniest posts I've seen in a minute

What LJ says about Carmelo is on point, hes watched Melo more then any of us so I respect his opinion the most

There is one thing i disagree with LJ about.....LJ, how did Melo force his way out of Denver? I look at it as being honest. Correct me if im wrong, but i think it went something like this

Melo told Denver he would only sign an extension with the Knicks

Thats just keepin it real, if anything he did Denver a favor by being honest with them. If he led them to believe there was a very good chance that he would resign like lebron did with the cavs, then that coulda really ****ed denver up in the summer. All i remember Melo was sayin was that he would take a good hard look at resigning with Denver, but to me that tells me that while hes mostly interested in New York, if things dont work out he might have been interested in returning with the Nuggets

Wasnt it the Nets that drove up the price for Carmelo?

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    lol this has to be one of the worst but funniest posts I've seen in a minute

What LJ says about Carmelo is on point, hes watched Melo more then any of us so I respect his opinion the most

There is one thing i disagree with LJ about.....LJ, how did Melo force his way out of Denver? I look at it as being honest. Correct me if im wrong, but i think it went something like this

Melo told Denver he would only sign an extension with the Knicks

Thats just keepin it real, if anything he did Denver a favor by being honest with them. If he led them to believe there was a very good chance that he would resign like lebron did with the cavs, then that coulda really ****ed denver up in the summer. All i remember Melo was sayin was that he would take a good hard look at resigning with Denver, but to me that tells me that while hes mostly interested in New York, if things dont work out he might have been interested in returning with the Nuggets

Wasnt it the Nets that drove up the price for Carmelo?

You make some good points.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Still here. It's about consistency with Melo. He'll have a 5-20 and lazy defensive game soon. This is what Melo does. I fully expected fans to be dazzled by Melo initially but in Colorado we are all too familiar with this sort of play.
    + 1
    Essentially this game was only different in one respect: Melo made his shots. Again, the movement stopped once he had the ball. It is just that he is obviously more hyped against Orlando than against the Bucks. In the long run, however, this won't do. Be prepared for this to go circus ugly.