Page 111 of 120 FirstFirst ... 618191105106107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1793

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Veteran

Originally Posted by Lercher
    Well, nobody chased me away, I just got less interest in basketball. It was a pretty bad year for the Knicks and I had a lot of stuff going on, so I didn't have the chance to catch most of the games. But I'm slowly coming back to being a regular poster, will definitely be more active once the World Cup is over.

And here we go when it comes to free agency circus. MIA reached out to Deng, don't know what's their cap situation, but I guess they'd have to amnesty Wade/Bosh to sign Luol. Of course if they haven't used their amnesty clause already. Kyrie is about to sign a max deal with the Cavs... it's pretty quiet in the Knicks camp.
    Good to see you back Lercher.

Miami used their amnesty on Mike Miller last year, right now Miami has no one signed since everyone has opted out so Riley pretty much has a clean slate to restructure the team.

Superstar

Why is Melo telling the Bulls he doesn't want them to trade Taj Gibson? I mean if for nothing else the Bulls trade him and he waffles on going there headed back here...uhmmmmm wouldn't that weaken the Bulls? Why is he offering input on their roster if he's not really considering signing there?

Why didn't Melo offer perspective when he had the one on one sit down with Dolan forcing his way here about our roster? Why didn't he wait until he was officially able to opt out so we could have more flexibility?

Oh Wait....

Superstar

This is a long time to be in Chicago when he's splitting his meetings in Texas tomorrow. Matter of fact if he hasn't left yet he's taxing himself a little much here

Veteran

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Like Herm says:" don't let free agents leave the building, get em some sweats pants"

I'm in the city right now; my wife and I both reppin our Melo jerseys on Chief

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Why is Melo telling the Bulls he doesn't want them to trade Taj Gibson? I mean if for nothing else the Bulls trade him and he waffles on going there headed back here...uhmmmmm wouldn't that weaken the Bulls? Why is he offering input on their roster if he's not really considering signing there?

Why didn't Melo offer perspective when he had the one on one sit down with Dolan forcing his way here about our roster? Why didn't he wait until he was officially able to opt out so we could have more flexibility?

Oh Wait....
    Because Melo has been in NY for three years now and Dolan has NEVER consulted Melo about our roster. Do you really think Melo wanted Novak and Cope gone and Bargs brought in???? Knicks "management has been making stupid roster moved for years and I'm sure Melo would like some roster input wherever he ends up

Superstar

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Because Melo has been in NY for three years now and Dolan has NEVER consulted Melo about our roster. Do you really think Melo wanted Novak and Cope gone and Bargs brought in???? Knicks "management has been making stupid roster moved for years and I'm sure Melo would like some roster input wherever he ends up
    Right over your cabbage

I'm referring to when he forced his way here from Denver. Remember the meeting around the All-Star game with Dolan? But of course lockout was looming Melo couldn't chance his paper then but willing to potentially do it now to the degree he spends all day with 1 team even taking in a private workout session with the team's Star player.

Who does this?

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Right over your cabbage

I'm referring to when he forced his way here from Denver. Remember the meeting around the All-Star game with Dolan? But of course lockout was looming Melo couldn't chance his paper then but willing to potentially do it now to the degree he spends all day with 1 team even taking in a private workout session with the team's Star player.

Who does this?
    Melo does 3GdUmE

Superstar

New York Knicks gutted their roster in Feb 2011 to acquire Carmelo Anthony. Anthony doesn't want that happening again. (Source: Frank Isola)
    Alanis Morrissette once tried to told us..."ISN'T IRONIC"

Veteran

Talk about disrepectful this is the pic the Rox used in their pitch to get Melo to Houston. Having him pictured in a number 7 the same number Lin is using.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Talk about disrepectful this is the pic the Rox used in their pitch to get Melo to Houston. Having him pictured in a number 7 the same number Lin is using.

That's actually really funny. I wonder if Melo will even see the comparisons between the Rockets coveting Lin and them coveting him, not exactly the same, but still how quick the world turns on the prized players.

Veteran

Two years removed from Linsanity but that was the most exciting basketball I have watched from the Knicks in the last decade.

I wrote back then about the comparison to Flip Murray who replaced an injured Ray Allan and had a 20ppg average for a month or two but over the long run proved he was a journeyman NBA player and no superstar. I think Lin has proved Kobe correct when he said superstars don't come out of nowhere in the NBA, it just doesn't happen. Lin is a capable backup and no more.

Superstar

Boozer got Amnestied by Bulls...therefore

EDIT: Chicago Sun Reporting Amnesty looming...Windhorst is reporting Bulls have informed him he will get amnestied or S&T
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jul 02, 2014 at 22:44.

Veteran

Bulls must be on the verge of signing Melo or Pau Gasol or somehow getting both. I don't think they would amnesty Boozer for too many other reasons.

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    It was said on tv the other day that he DID want those players b/c he knew if they was on the team then he would get the ball every time down the floor. This just goes to show you what kind of player melo is. He cares more about stats than championships and now everybody else is finally seeing that.

Veteran

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    It was said on tv the other day that he DID want those players b/c he knew if they was on the team then he would get the ball every time down the floor. This just goes to show you what kind of player melo is. He cares more about stats than championships and now everybody else is finally seeing that.
    Idk WV, we won the division with Cope and Novak; so Knicks management dumps them both... Maybe Melo was cool with the proven winners, not sorry a** Bargs...just a thought