Page 112 of 118 FirstFirst ... 628292106107108109110111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1770

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Superstar

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    It was said on tv the other day that he DID want those players b/c he knew if they was on the team then he would get the ball every time down the floor. This just goes to show you what kind of player melo is. He cares more about stats than championships and now everybody else is finally seeing that.
    According to NBA squandered financial loser Kenny Andersen he tweeted today Melo is all about being paid as a Max Player and the Bulls financial offer was low....yet he spent 9hrs with them?

What were they talking about for that long if one of the first things they addressed in their pitch was how he was going to get paid?

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Two years removed from Linsanity but that was the most exciting basketball I have watched from the Knicks in the last decade.

I wrote back then about the comparison to Flip Murray who replaced an injured Ray Allan and had a 20ppg average for a month or two but over the long run proved he was a journeyman NBA player and no superstar. I think Lin has proved Kobe correct when he said superstars don't come out of nowhere in the NBA, it just doesn't happen. Lin is a capable backup and no more.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Way ahead of me tiger...funny how the worm turns now Houston stuck trying to get rid of that "poison pill" contract. From Linsanity to insanity...I'm loving it

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    According to NBA squandered financial loser Kenny Andersen he tweeted today Melo is all about being paid as a Max Player and the Bulls financial offer was low....yet he spent 9hrs with them?

What were they talking about for that long if one of the first things they addressed in their pitch was how he was going to get paid?
    You sound awfully concerned about a player u think we are better off without...wassup with that

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Idk WV, we won the division with Cope and Novak; so Knicks management dumps them both... Maybe Melo was cool with the proven winners, not sorry a** Bargs...just a thought
    What the guy said is he wanted these average players that was on every knicks team since he got here. In other words he loved having those guys on the team b/c he knew he would get more shots. Melo has all the talent in the world but lets be honest he does'nt use his talent like he great player would. That has single handedly hurt him and his career but thats just me.

We are better off without Mello.... He wont ever win the Knicks a Championship ! Trade him out !

Veteran

See my " bring Lebron to NY thread". Broussard, ****** Colin Cowherd, and the rest of the ESPN talking heads are talking us resigning Melo and adding Lebron. Better late than never

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    You sound awfully concerned about a player u think we are better off without...wassup with that
    u need to get into ISO-Melo's ear "stop being greedy" before Melo's true intentions of wanting mo-money$$$mo-money rather than win playoff series become known to all the NBA owners. Melo only won 3 playoff series in a 11 yr career.

I would have no reason to write "ISO-Melo" in KO forum if Melo hurry-up to sign with the next NBA team.
    All this team choo-sinn by Melo show "Bulls/Rockets/Lakers/Clippers" Melo has no relation/friendship with any of the players on those teams.

He gonna come back beggin Phil for a big-pay-day

Veteran

Wow, suddenly this afternoon we are becoming strong favorites to keep Melo among internet reports. How the pendulum swings from minute to minute.

Default knicks will offer melo max??? max???

you have GOT to be kidding me. who's your "source" Bro-tard?

Superstar

Originally Posted by CoolClyde

you have GOT to be kidding me. who's your "source" Bro-tard?

I'm beginning to think his source is Phil. Absolutely pathetic we flew across the country to bid against ourselves. Something that could have been done over the phone. This is something Isiah Thomas would do.

Veteran

Originally Posted by htr10
    Wow, suddenly this afternoon we are becoming strong favorites to keep Melo among internet reports. How the pendulum swings from minute to minute.
    Like someone said Happy Wife Happy Life plus 129M makes the decision easier. I have a feeling Phil gives Melo less than a max contract though, I suggested max 4 year money spread over 5. Someone posted here that the Bulls didn't offer him max money, Houston might not be able to, Dallas isn't really wasn't interested Carlisle wasn't even there. Let's see what the Lakers offer him but why offer him max money when no one else does.

Its official people!!! If it is true that the knicks offered melo that huge contract then The people who run the Knicks front office is the dumbest of all sports.To GIVE a guy money that will never win you a championship b/c he has a me.myself and I attitude is the dumbest thing ever. This move shows that they DO NOT CARE about becoming a sucessful team like the Knicks used to be. Get ready people let the loosing continue but look at the bright side you will get to watch melo shoot 100 times and scoring 40 points a game.

Veteran

Uhhhh the KNICKS ONLY advantage over teams with more talent ( which is everyone btw) is to offer MELO the most $$$$$. Melo did lead the league in minutes, second in scoring to MVP Durantula, and 8 boards a game. Again the idea is to have MELO in place to bring in more free-agents in 2015. Anyone who is surprised by this strategy is the dumb one. I'm loving it tho suck it Melo haters on Chief

Veteran

Veteran