Page 113 of 124 FirstFirst ... 638393107108109110111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1847

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Like someone said Happy Wife Happy Life plus 129M makes the decision easier. I have a feeling Phil gives Melo less than a max contract though, I suggested max 4 year money spread over 5. Someone posted here that the Bulls didn't offer him max money, Houston might not be able to, Dallas isn't really wasn't interested Carlisle wasn't even there. Let's see what the Lakers offer him but why offer him max money when no one else does.
    Because you can
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

I am loving this You cats have been bangin' on Melo all season..."ISO-Melo" this and " Melo-sucks" that. 3GduME already has Melo gone, the Knicks tanking next season, and in the lottery next year lol. But "Big Chief Triangle" has offered MELO the MAX so argue with that Melo-haters. Now call Phil all them names you been calling me all season. And let it soak into your pea brains that your basketball IQ is low and take a little coaching from Phil on Chief

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    uHe gonna come back beggin Phil for a big-pay-day
    if melo comes back, he doesn't give a $hit about a title, only interested in $$$... and there is nothing wrong with that...BUT... don't go around talking about how important a ring is... as u aint in the same league as a Duncan,dirk (if reports are correct), james,wade,bosh...etc..

if he stays, he will be what he has always been... a 2nd rate star....

Veteran

Regardless of what you think about Melo's game, one thing is certain, if we resign him and we keep our cap space from Stat and Bargnani at the end of this season, we will be heavily in play for another star player to come to NY. If I've learned nothing else from these few days of Melo free agency, it's that the players and front offices in this league, including among top teams, covet him, even if the playoff results are not there. If we don't resign Melo, I'm not sure we get one star player who wants to come here, let alone two, a year from now. It's a kind of risk/reward, pick your poison.

Veteran

Originally Posted by htr10
    Regardless of what you think about Melo's game, one thing is certain, if we resign him and we keep our cap space from Stat and Bargnani at the end of this season, we will be heavily in play for another star player to come to NY. If I've learned nothing else from these few days of Melo free agency, it's that the players and front offices in this league, including among top teams, covet him, even if the playoff results are not there. If we don't resign Melo, I'm not sure we get one star player who wants to come here, let alone two, a year from now. It's a kind of risk/reward, pick your poison.
    Well put it's only the kno nothings in "basketball bizarro world" of KO.com that Melo sucks. The rest of the real NBA market knows what I have BEEN saying all along: Melo is one of the top five players in the league on Chief

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Well put it's only the kno nothings in "basketball bizarro world" of KO.com that Melo sucks. The rest of the real NBA market knows what I have BEEN saying all along: Melo is one of the top five players in the league on Chief
    Wrong....there are 2 free agents worth a max deal...Lebron and Melo......Not every team is all bout NBA finals...Melo is a draw and yes a heck of a scorer.....IF Melo signs with NY or Lakers if he really wanted to WIN a Title he would know he would need to sacrifice just like other stars have done.......MELO CANNOT WIN WITHOUT REAL SUPPORT.....

Look at your beloved Bulls......They offered him 17 million........they could have cleared more but at some point Melos talent vs what they lose puts them in the same situation....Melo needs to sacrifice his Money and his scoring to win a title....we will see what he decides....

Superstar

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Wrong....there are 2 free agents worth a max deal...Lebron and Melo......Not every team is all bout NBA finals...Melo is a draw and yes a heck of a scorer.....IF Melo signs with NY or Lakers if he really wanted to WIN a Title he would know he would need to sacrifice just like other stars have done.......MELO CANNOT WIN WITHOUT REAL SUPPORT.....

Look at your beloved Bulls......They offered him 17 million........they could have cleared more but at some point Melos talent vs what they lose puts them in the same situation....Melo needs to sacrifice his Money and his scoring to win a title....we will see what he decides....
    He's been offered the full max on several occasions by our inept front office. Why would Melo take anything less than Max from us, when he's been offered less by teams in better positions than us.

Horrific negotiating by us. Phil has essentially played the fan base through the media...and it appears business as usual with the Knicks. This is epically sad, really it is. I mean who bids against themselves in a negotiation?

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Horrific negotiating by us. Phil has essentially played the fan base through the media...and it appears business as usual with the Knicks. This is epically sad, really it is. I mean who bids against themselves in a negotiation?
    James Dolan

Superstar

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    James Dolan

Then Phil's salary is clearly unjustified and he can't be....blamed nor given credit success or failure as he's nothing more than an overpriced puppet figurehead. All this falls of the lap of Dolan as it appears nothing has changed

This is why I said in other threads Phil needed to keep his trap shut about publicly negotiating with Melo through the media and using public opinion as a means to assess a situation. Talk about manipulation. There was no need to go down the path of sacrificing salary on Melo's part if all along we've been offering absolute top dollar. I find this actually incredibly disrespectful. It would've been better if he would've come out and stated from jump...the organization will do whatever it takes to retain Melo. While I still would have loathe the sentiment I could have respected the stance.

I have absolutely zero respect for Phil Jackson and how he's conducted himself at this point. NONE!

Could Melo still take less from us when it's all said and done?... I guess there's less than 0% chance he does but I doubt it and why should he?

calm down. have faith in Phil. i don't think he's done anything wrong thus far. Melo can follow in the Heat's footsteps and take less to help Phil and the team out, and all this talk about the max is all hearsay. as you said, why should he? to win? or to make mo money? that is the question. but seriously, get off Phil's back and chillax.

Superstar

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    calm down. have faith in Phil. i don't think he's done anything wrong thus far. Melo can follow in the Heat's footsteps and take less to help Phil and the team out, and all this talk about the max is all hearsay. as you said, why should he? to win? or to make mo money? that is the question. but seriously, get off Phil's back and chillax.

Okay I did leave the 0% chance he takes less....lol

What if he officially gets offered the Max and accepts then what? Would you see this as a positive in what Phil did or negative?
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jul 04, 2014 at 17:51.

I like what Phil has done in general so far, but I'm a little surprised by the max offer. The only thing I could see why he did it is he knows he and Fisher got HUGE deals for being brand new at their jobs, and Melo was a big priority, though not max contract priority, but he felt that Melo would feel disrespected if he wasn't offered the most he could get.

We'll see how it goes. Maybe Phil will tell Melo he'll guarantee the max will be on the table, but assure him if he takes less it will be beneficial, then tell him whatever he does he'll support him 100%.

Also who knows with James Dolan.

Melo has phenomenal talent, I want to see how he does with this new regime. I also want to see how STAT does. Stoudemire seems very disciplined with his health and practicing, so maybe he'll continue to be very good/great.

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper

Uhhhh Nobody can win without real support... Lebron just found that out....he looked during the FINALS like MELO did ALL SEASON LONG ON CHiEF

Lurker

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Uhhhh Nobody can win without real support... Lebron just found that out....he looked during the FINALS like MELO did ALL SEASON LONG ON CHiEF
    Melo given the max nooooooooooooo! Are they crazy! Max contracts should only be reserved for champions! What has Melo done in his career to deserve it?

Veteran

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Its official people!!! If it is true that the knicks offered melo that huge contract then The people who run the Knicks front office is the dumbest of all sports.To GIVE a guy money that will never win you a championship b/c he has a me.myself and I attitude is the dumbest thing ever. This move shows that they DO NOT CARE about becoming a sucessful team like the Knicks used to be. Get ready people let the loosing continue but look at the bright side you will get to watch melo shoot 100 times and scoring 40 points a game.

Owner Dolan .. Owner Dolan
    Owner James Dolan want to keep ISO-Melo in a Knicks uniform at all costs to SAVE-FACE.

We have to face facts.
    Would Melo's high scoring get the Bulls to the FINALS? or Rockets? or Mavs? or Fakers?
    HELL NO!
    So why has Phil Jackson change his mind on selfish ISO-Melo???

ISO-Melo is Pimping James Dolan.
    It's now official, Dolan hired Phil Jackson to help a selfish ISO-Melo win more than 3 playoff series.
    Phil Jackson is out of NY after 1 or 2 seasons.