Page 114 of 120 FirstFirst ... 648494108109110111112113114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1796

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Veteran

If Phil's plans are to use Calderon as Knicks starting PG, then sign Pau Gasol, then resign selfish ISO-Melo. Next season will get us a nice low LOTTERY pick in the 2015 draft.

We will be getting the Washington Wizards Mike Jordan in Phil Jackson.

if Me-Lo gave Pow Gasol a call asking him to join him on the Knicks, do you think he's going to ask Phil for a reduction in salary so the team can afford to give Pow market value, or will Me-Lo take the max and let the 3+Million chips fall where they will and hope Pow comes to the team dirt cheap? this is Me-Lo's call if he wants to make it happen and make the team better.

Superstar

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    if Me-Lo gave Pow Gasol a call asking him to join him on the Knicks, do you think he's going to ask Phil for a reduction in salary so the team can afford to give Pow market value, or will Me-Lo take the max and let the 3+Million chips fall where they will and hope Pow comes to the team dirt cheap? this is Me-Lo's call if he wants to make it happen and make the team better.

It doesn't matter what Melo does in terms of taking a paycut. We were a Tax Paying team therefore we can only offer Pau $3.3-3.7mil. If we hadn't been a tax paying team we could offer $5.3.-5.7mil. Not to mention we're currently over the Tax thresh because we haven't renounced Melo.

Pau and his reps have communicated they believe his market value is $10mil or more...therefore his paycut is real regardless of the Melo scenarios outside of him leaving that is.

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    It doesn't matter what Melo does in terms of taking a paycut. We were a Tax Paying team therefore we can only offer Pau $3.3-3.7mil. If we hadn't been a tax paying team we could offer $5.3.-5.7mil. Not to mention we're currently over the Tax thresh because we haven't renounced Melo.

Pau and his reps have communicated they believe his market value is $10mil or more...therefore his paycut is real regardless of the Melo scenarios outside of him leaving that is.
    there you go again 3G4G, setting me straight! thanks man!

Superstar

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    there you go again 3G4G, setting me straight! thanks man!
    Not really....

Just don't want those of us thinking Melo is playing some Mother Teresa role with his contract should he re-up. I sent you a rep message check it out and hit me back if you want.

Here's a link to the NBA CBA Questionaire's and Answers. Larry Coon is on Twitter from time-to-time to answer specific questions asked of him

Tax Reference
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Salary Cap Exception Reference

Cap Hold Reference

Poison Pill Refence(Gilbert Arenas Rule)

Contract Lengths And Raises

Traded Player Exception(TPE)

Sign & Trade Reference

I think these are the most pertinent references to look at concerning our team and the situation(s) we're currently dealing with recently dealt with. I may leave out some minor details in explanations as I don't know the CBA to the letter of the law but understand the basic premises of certain subject matter. I often do some math guestimations only because I'm not exactly sure where the salary cap figure will lie or he 2014-2015 but from what I've read....Salary Cap will be approximately $63mil and the Tax will be approximately $77mil.

Superstar

Recent news about the Lakers entering the race wreaks of leverage from Anthony and his agent to get Phil to do a S&T with Bulls.

There are rumors Melo has already let us down lightly he isn't returning. Supposedly his attorney's are headed to Chicago tomorrow. Nothing confirmed obviously but the longer he waited to tell us yes was the a sure signal he's allowing time for outside interest to get as close as they can to what he wants. He wants to win apparently but he wants his money. Boozer instagramed himself in a New York Yankee cap today while driving on the express with a message that said..."Let The New Journey Begin" or something to that affect.

Veteran

Recent news about the Lakers entering the race wreaks of leverage from Anthony and his agent to get Phil to do a S&T with Bulls.

There are rumors Melo has already let us down lightly he isn't returning. Supposedly his attorney's are headed to Chicago tomorrow. Nothing confirmed obviously but the longer he waited to tell us yes was the a sure signal he's allowing time for outside interest to get as close as they can to what he wants. He wants to win apparently but he wants his money. Boozer instagramed himself in a New York Yankee cap today while driving on the express with a message that said..."Let The New Journey Begin" or something to that affect.
    Haven't seen this business about the Boozer Instagram picture or heard it mentioned anywhere else. If this picture and quote is out there somewhere, it would be pretty compelling evidence of Melo to the Bulls.

Veteran

Ehh, I just looked up the picture on Instagram. The dude just happens to be wearing a Yankees cap while driving a car and the caption just happens to say The Journey. Half the comments are talking about Boozer going to the Heat (not sure why). It could mean something, but there's been much more convincing red herrings during NBA free agency than this over the past few years.

Superstar

Originally Posted by htr10
    Haven't seen this business about the Boozer Instagram picture or heard it mentioned anywhere else. If this picture and quote is out there somewhere, it would be pretty compelling evidence of Melo to the Bulls.

Once again nothing confirmed yet, but with us offering Max.... him not accepting.... and no player movement signing on our end... it's headed towards a departed outcome IMO

Superstar

Originally Posted by htr10
    Ehh, I just looked up the picture on Instagram. The dude just happens to be wearing a Yankees cap while driving a car and the caption just happens to say The Journey. Half the comments are talking about Boozer going to the Heat (not sure why). It could mean something, but there's been much more convincing red herrings during NBA free agency than this over the past few years.

True but the Laker leak today by Wojo and Simmons clearly suggest they were contacted by the Melo camp, or they contacted the Lakers to inform them they are alive and then they notified Wojo and Simmons. Lakers wouldn't have waited this long to leak this if they knew on the first day of visit.

Needless to say ask yourself is $129mil more than $97mil? If your answer is yes what advantage or leverage does this provide us by leaking this? None whatsoever.

On the other hand Melo gains leverage against us... for Bulls or Lakers. He tells us I walk to L.A. for nothing or you work a S&T with the Bulls so I can get some more money.

Veteran

True but the Laker leak today by Wojo and Simmons clearly suggest they were contacted by the Melo camp, or they contacted the Lakers to inform them they are alive and then they notified Wojo and Simmons. Lakers wouldn't have waited this long to leak this if they knew on the first day of visit.

Needless to say ask yourself is $129mil more than $97mil? If your answer is yes what advantage or leverage does this provide us by leaking this? None whatsoever.

On the other hand Melo gains leverage against us... for Bulls or Lakers. He tells us I walk to L.A. for nothing or you work a S&T with the Bulls so I can get some more money.
    As good a theory as any right now for why the Lakers are suddenly getting so much hype to sign Melo. On some level, I hope Melo does go to either the Lakers or Bulls and gets to play with either Kobe or DRose being perpetually out injured, continuing on the tradition started by Amare of never putting on the court the 'star' with whom he is supposed to be paired. Going to be interesting to see how the cards fall from here on out.

Veteran

It's called a negotiation people and Melo is doing his due diligence. Melo stated from the beginning that he wanted to go through the free-agent process and that's what's going on people. We still have the advantage because as 3G stated 130 million is more than 96 million. We still have the strongest position because we can offer the max$$$$. Which is why Phil flew to LA and offered the Melo the max to remove that objection from the table. And Melo will leave 30 million on the table guaranteed $$$$ if he signs anywhere else but with us. Trust the process and get it done Phil.

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    It's called a negotiation people and Melo is doing his due diligence. Melo stated from the beginning that he wanted to go through the free-agent process and that's what's going on people. We still have the advantage because as 3G stated 130 million is more than 96 million. We still have the strongest position because we can offer the max$$$$. Which is why Phil flew to LA and offered the Melo the max to remove that objection from the table. And Melo will leave 30 million on the table guaranteed $$$$ if he signs anywhere else but with us. Trust the process and get it done Phil.
    this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is nothing to negotiate lol, he will get the max either way he goes only difference if its 4 years or 5... if he leaves, then 2015 we start fresh and build a new future... if he stays hopefully he takes slightly less and after this year we rid ourselves of dead wood and build around him as the center piece...

for him to go to LAL, or Bulls there are no guarantees either Kobe or Rose will be able to play a full season... at least with New York, we have J.R. most nights with both Hardaway & Shumpert progressing their is hope in the big apple...

in the end if he stays good, if he goes oh well...

Veteran

Quickly running out of time for KOLers to put your rep where your mouth is and predict the end of Melo decision 2014. Sitting down and thinking about it just now, I think Melo is ours for the next 5 years and everything else has just been static during this process. Anyone else willing to go out on a limb for us losing Melo, as a decision is tentatively anticipated in the next 24 hours.