Page 114 of 120 FirstFirst ... 648494108109110111112113114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1796

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

  1. #1696
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,991
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    If Phil's plans are to use Calderon as Knicks starting PG, then sign Pau Gasol, then resign selfish ISO-Melo. Next season will get us a nice low LOTTERY pick in the 2015 draft.

    We will be getting the Washington Wizards Mike Jordan in Phil Jackson.

  2. #1697
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,484
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    if Me-Lo gave Pow Gasol a call asking him to join him on the Knicks, do you think he's going to ask Phil for a reduction in salary so the team can afford to give Pow market value, or will Me-Lo take the max and let the 3+Million chips fall where they will and hope Pow comes to the team dirt cheap? this is Me-Lo's call if he wants to make it happen and make the team better.

  3. #1698
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    855
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    if Me-Lo gave Pow Gasol a call asking him to join him on the Knicks, do you think he's going to ask Phil for a reduction in salary so the team can afford to give Pow market value, or will Me-Lo take the max and let the 3+Million chips fall where they will and hope Pow comes to the team dirt cheap? this is Me-Lo's call if he wants to make it happen and make the team better.

    It doesn't matter what Melo does in terms of taking a paycut. We were a Tax Paying team therefore we can only offer Pau $3.3-3.7mil. If we hadn't been a tax paying team we could offer $5.3.-5.7mil. Not to mention we're currently over the Tax thresh because we haven't renounced Melo.

    Pau and his reps have communicated they believe his market value is $10mil or more...therefore his paycut is real regardless of the Melo scenarios outside of him leaving that is.

  4. #1699
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,484
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    It doesn't matter what Melo does in terms of taking a paycut. We were a Tax Paying team therefore we can only offer Pau $3.3-3.7mil. If we hadn't been a tax paying team we could offer $5.3.-5.7mil. Not to mention we're currently over the Tax thresh because we haven't renounced Melo.

    Pau and his reps have communicated they believe his market value is $10mil or more...therefore his paycut is real regardless of the Melo scenarios outside of him leaving that is.
    there you go again 3G4G, setting me straight! thanks man!

  5. #1700
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    855
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    there you go again 3G4G, setting me straight! thanks man!
    Not really....

    Just don't want those of us thinking Melo is playing some Mother Teresa role with his contract should he re-up. I sent you a rep message check it out and hit me back if you want.

    Here's a link to the NBA CBA Questionaire's and Answers. Larry Coon is on Twitter from time-to-time to answer specific questions asked of him


    Tax Reference
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Salary Cap Exception Reference
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Cap Hold Reference
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Poison Pill Refence(Gilbert Arenas Rule)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Contract Lengths And Raises
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Traded Player Exception(TPE)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Sign & Trade Reference
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    I think these are the most pertinent references to look at concerning our team and the situation(s) we're currently dealing with recently dealt with. I may leave out some minor details in explanations as I don't know the CBA to the letter of the law but understand the basic premises of certain subject matter. I often do some math guestimations only because I'm not exactly sure where the salary cap figure will lie or he 2014-2015 but from what I've read....Salary Cap will be approximately $63mil and the Tax will be approximately $77mil.

  6. #1701
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    855
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Recent news about the Lakers entering the race wreaks of leverage from Anthony and his agent to get Phil to do a S&T with Bulls.


    There are rumors Melo has already let us down lightly he isn't returning. Supposedly his attorney's are headed to Chicago tomorrow. Nothing confirmed obviously but the longer he waited to tell us yes was the a sure signal he's allowing time for outside interest to get as close as they can to what he wants. He wants to win apparently but he wants his money. Boozer instagramed himself in a New York Yankee cap today while driving on the express with a message that said..."Let The New Journey Begin" or something to that affect.

  7. #1702
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,588
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Recent news about the Lakers entering the race wreaks of leverage from Anthony and his agent to get Phil to do a S&T with Bulls.


    There are rumors Melo has already let us down lightly he isn't returning. Supposedly his attorney's are headed to Chicago tomorrow. Nothing confirmed obviously but the longer he waited to tell us yes was the a sure signal he's allowing time for outside interest to get as close as they can to what he wants. He wants to win apparently but he wants his money. Boozer instagramed himself in a New York Yankee cap today while driving on the express with a message that said..."Let The New Journey Begin" or something to that affect.
    Haven't seen this business about the Boozer Instagram picture or heard it mentioned anywhere else. If this picture and quote is out there somewhere, it would be pretty compelling evidence of Melo to the Bulls.

  8. #1703
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,588
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Ehh, I just looked up the picture on Instagram. The dude just happens to be wearing a Yankees cap while driving a car and the caption just happens to say The Journey. Half the comments are talking about Boozer going to the Heat (not sure why). It could mean something, but there's been much more convincing red herrings during NBA free agency than this over the past few years.

  9. #1704
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    855
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by htr10
    Haven't seen this business about the Boozer Instagram picture or heard it mentioned anywhere else. If this picture and quote is out there somewhere, it would be pretty compelling evidence of Melo to the Bulls.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



    Once again nothing confirmed yet, but with us offering Max.... him not accepting.... and no player movement signing on our end... it's headed towards a departed outcome IMO

  10. #1705
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    855
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by htr10
    Ehh, I just looked up the picture on Instagram. The dude just happens to be wearing a Yankees cap while driving a car and the caption just happens to say The Journey. Half the comments are talking about Boozer going to the Heat (not sure why). It could mean something, but there's been much more convincing red herrings during NBA free agency than this over the past few years.

    True but the Laker leak today by Wojo and Simmons clearly suggest they were contacted by the Melo camp, or they contacted the Lakers to inform them they are alive and then they notified Wojo and Simmons. Lakers wouldn't have waited this long to leak this if they knew on the first day of visit.

    Needless to say ask yourself is $129mil more than $97mil? If your answer is yes what advantage or leverage does this provide us by leaking this? None whatsoever.

    On the other hand Melo gains leverage against us... for Bulls or Lakers. He tells us I walk to L.A. for nothing or you work a S&T with the Bulls so I can get some more money.

  11. #1706
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,588
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    True but the Laker leak today by Wojo and Simmons clearly suggest they were contacted by the Melo camp, or they contacted the Lakers to inform them they are alive and then they notified Wojo and Simmons. Lakers wouldn't have waited this long to leak this if they knew on the first day of visit.

    Needless to say ask yourself is $129mil more than $97mil? If your answer is yes what advantage or leverage does this provide us by leaking this? None whatsoever.

    On the other hand Melo gains leverage against us... for Bulls or Lakers. He tells us I walk to L.A. for nothing or you work a S&T with the Bulls so I can get some more money.
    As good a theory as any right now for why the Lakers are suddenly getting so much hype to sign Melo. On some level, I hope Melo does go to either the Lakers or Bulls and gets to play with either Kobe or DRose being perpetually out injured, continuing on the tradition started by Amare of never putting on the court the 'star' with whom he is supposed to be paired. Going to be interesting to see how the cards fall from here on out.

  12. #1707
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,055
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    It's called a negotiation people and Melo is doing his due diligence. Melo stated from the beginning that he wanted to go through the free-agent process and that's what's going on people. We still have the advantage because as 3G stated 130 million is more than 96 million. We still have the strongest position because we can offer the max$$$$. Which is why Phil flew to LA and offered the Melo the max to remove that objection from the table. And Melo will leave 30 million on the table guaranteed $$$$ if he signs anywhere else but with us. Trust the process and get it done Phil.

  13. #1708
    Member JaYnYcE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    It's called a negotiation people and Melo is doing his due diligence. Melo stated from the beginning that he wanted to go through the free-agent process and that's what's going on people. We still have the advantage because as 3G stated 130 million is more than 96 million. We still have the strongest position because we can offer the max$$$$. Which is why Phil flew to LA and offered the Melo the max to remove that objection from the table. And Melo will leave 30 million on the table guaranteed $$$$ if he signs anywhere else but with us. Trust the process and get it done Phil.
    this


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #1709
    Member gmf1369's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    there is nothing to negotiate lol, he will get the max either way he goes only difference if its 4 years or 5... if he leaves, then 2015 we start fresh and build a new future... if he stays hopefully he takes slightly less and after this year we rid ourselves of dead wood and build around him as the center piece...

    for him to go to LAL, or Bulls there are no guarantees either Kobe or Rose will be able to play a full season... at least with New York, we have J.R. most nights with both Hardaway & Shumpert progressing their is hope in the big apple...

    in the end if he stays good, if he goes oh well...

  15. #1710
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,588
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quickly running out of time for KOLers to put your rep where your mouth is and predict the end of Melo decision 2014. Sitting down and thinking about it just now, I think Melo is ours for the next 5 years and everything else has just been static during this process. Anyone else willing to go out on a limb for us losing Melo, as a decision is tentatively anticipated in the next 24 hours.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 568
    Last Post: May 22, 2013, 19:42
  2. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread (revised)
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2012, 17:05
  3. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2012, 21:15
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 17:01

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •