Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 668696110111112113114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1796

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    I've stated early on in the end I think he finds it hard to pass up the money but if he leaves those are the 2 teams. Although I think the Lakers are a smokescreen.

What I find comical is you whacking it over a player who sold winning as more important than money(paycut included) and yet you want him back on the basis of being tempted by the money. So basically you want Melo to piss on his own integrity for the almighty dollar, place bigger financial burdens on the franchise and not the player you root for going forward, so you can avoid slitting your wrists....

Okay Makes A Lot Of Nonsense but I Don't Get It....
    Dude it's 30 million $$$, not 3 dollars. How is 30 million nonsense? And who says we won't be able to win moving forward with Melo and some actually help(more than a washed up STAT&Bargs). Just because you and Kiya have some axe to grind against Melo???? That's the Non-sense for real

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Melo wants a NO-TRADE clause ha ha ha LMAO

Okay let me get this right.

Melo is doing all of free agency to stroke his ego.
    Melo wants the max contract.
    Melo wants a NO TRADE clause.
    Melo wants control over personnel decisions.
    where did you hear/see this info re he wants the max, no-trade, and personnel decisions? who/where are your "sources"? all I heard from "sources" was that Knicks were prepared to offer a max contract, and who knows if that's true?

Some one give me a
    that's the best thing i've heard you say in weeks.

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    So you're saying Melo continues to hold us hostage.... holding out for more than Max Request? He moved on from taking a paycut talk during the season to give me all of my $130mil and don't trade me? Then if Phil says no, he counters and says okay how about a 15% trade kicker then?

Are we hearing Player Option after 3rd season(so he can attempt to do this again) from him and he milks this for another week before making a decision, while giving Pat Riley more time to break up this Crappy Home?
    No not at all. Melo takes less then max but throws in the no trade kicker to protect himself. He will sign with the knicks and take slightly less then max

Superstar

Originally Posted by skisloper
    No not at all. Melo takes less then max but throws in the no trade kicker to protect himself. He will sign with the knicks and take slightly less then max

Maybe but it's a reach to think so as of now..... he wouldn't wait this long to do that. This deal would have already been sealed if this was on the table. Obviously the paycut talk doesn't tickle his fancy, hence us offering full max. Once Phil came back to him the 3rd time in L.A. he could have requested no trade clause and I'll take a paycut....THE END!

You have to ask yourself why is he holding out on signing a Max Deal? There's only 2 logical reasons this could be the case

Veteran

Huh, can't really explain it, but just seeing reports of Houston offering Bosh a max contract gave me this sinking feeling. Pat Riley won free agency last time in 2010, are we really to believe he's going to strike out this time? If Bosh leaves, is it possible that it is all because Riley has lined up Melo joining Lebron in Miami on the lowdown, just like he lined up the Big Three in 2010? Like I said out of nowhere sinking feeling, but still, starting to wonder.

Veteran

Default Attention:Kiyaman/3GduMe

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This

nice article, did you write that Chief?

Superstar

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    LMAO @ Olympic Melo....yeah because that's where NBA Championships are won. Why stop there? How about Syrexcuse Melo

Nicely Written Farticle....NOT!!!!

I said if Melo leaves to the BULLS fools look it up and shut it up

Like I said I hope you are a true Knicks fan and not one of these fans that change teams every so often.Thats all
    Last edited by WVKnickfan; Jul 07, 2014 at 23:27.

Veteran

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    I wish I could take the credit CC

Veteran

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Like I said I hope you are a true Knicks fan and not one of these fans that change teams every so often.Thats all
    I gotcha WV...I became a Knicks fan in 91'. I was a Sixer fan before that because of DR J, but I got pissed when the Sixers traded Chuck.

Veteran

All this talk of breaking allegiance with your team based on free agency signings. We should have some scenario where we all have to jump ship as Knicks fans. How about Lebron and Melo both somehow end up in Phoenix, we all have to be Suns fans for the duration of their careers? That would be crazy enough.

Originally Posted by htr10
    All this talk of breaking allegiance with your team based on free agency signings. We should have some scenario where we all have to jump ship as Knicks fans. How about Lebron and Melo both somehow end up in Phoenix, we all have to be Suns fans for the duration of their careers? That would be crazy enough.
    Lol

Well I already like the Suns, just bring Nash back and we're in business.

Veteran

I gotcha WV...I became a Knicks fan in 91'. I was a Sixer fan before that because of DR J, but I got pissed when the Sixers traded Chuck.
    Wasn't Dr.J supposed to win consecutive championship with Moses Malone???
    What happen?

Veteran

Wasn't Dr.J supposed to win consecutive championship with Moses Malone???
    What happen?
    You know I honestly can't remember exactly. But that was my team: Andrew Toney and Mo Cheeks in the backcourt, Doc as the swing man and Moses Malone holding down the middle. Classic. Remember Doc's wraparound layup from BEHInD the basket on Kareem? Maybe 30 for 30 will do a doc on that team. But that Sixer team had its hands full in the 80's getting thru Bird and Boston in the East only to have Magic, Worthy, and Kareem waiting.