Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

iSaYughh

Starter
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WANTED MDA GONE, ADMIT YOU F*CKIN IDIOTS, YOU WANTED HIM GONE. MELO HATED HIM TOO AND KNEW THIS TEAM WAS GOING TO BE GARBAGE WITH HIM AND WE WERE! MELO SAVED US FROM HIM, HE SAVED US FROM MORE LOSING SEASONS TO COME AND HE SAVED US FROM WASTING THE TALENT ON THIS ROSTER.

Melo didn't have to come here, that money shit is bullshit, he would have got paid the same amount in Denver. He WANTED to come here, to play in front you guys and to be a KNICK.

Melo has single handedly won us games this year, WHERE WAS YOUR SAVIOR OF THE KNICKS STOUDEMIRE!? BEING A 100 MILLION DOLLAR PIECE OF SHIT!

Den you are one of the dumbest motherf*ckers on here bro, Melo this and Melo that, that's all I f*ckin hear from you.

He quit on the team your right but god damn I would have also BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WAS F*CKING PRODUCING.

and where the f*ck are the threads for JR CHUCK LIKE A BITCH SMITH and Landry I SUCK DICK fields!? is it because they played for MDA and liked losing so they don't get hated on for lickin dick?

Red rep me, talk shit about me, IDGAF any more. I sick of you people.

Wrong.

You also need to calm down. And stop mbarassing yourself by tilting more than a pinball machine.

You need to take a nap. Your post is riddled with more holes than a whorehouse.

jimkcchief88

All Star
John Hollinger has forgotten more about hoops than you ever knew.

It's a pretty widely accepted thought that points/FGA is an important and useful stat.

I doubt that very seriously....very seriously.... I love it with bookworms come up with useless stats and try to act like you know something we don't know...we call them DONUTS and they don't RUN with US just so you KNOW...

KBlack25

Starter
I doubt that very seriously....very seriously.... I love it with bookworms come up with useless stats and try to act like you know something we don't know...we call them DONUTS and they don't RUN with US just so you KNOW...

You can use your archaic stuff to figure it out.

But when you decide to open up a book and read something, maybe you will find that advanced metrics actually can help you discern interesting things about sports.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I'd like to take this time to point out that Melo's career playoffs winning percentage is something like 37%.

But if you take out that ONE YEAR where he got out of the first round, it's exactly 14%.

A 14% winning percentage in the playoffs.

Melo = Loser.

And you don't need to be a "bookworm" to understand those numbers.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I seriously don't understand the timing of this thread. Why make a thread about something that happened weeks ago when we are down 0-2 and getting our asses kicked by the Heat???

Melo has been carrying this team for weeks now and all of a sudden we need to talk about Melo pre MDA when Amare just took himself out the playoffs yet again? Worst thread of the moment.

jimkcchief88

All Star
You can use your archaic stuff to figure it out.

But when you decide to open up a book and read something, maybe you will find that advanced metrics actually can help you discern interesting things about sports.

Awwww perfect....advanced metrics lol..... sounds like a wallflower lol.... why does that line from hoosiers come to mind:" measure the basket how high is it???? 10 feet" Leave it to some donut who can't play to come up with some crap so they can interject their non-player self into a hoops conversation lol:) Next we can use quantum physics to calculate the correct trajectory of the ball into the hoop gtfo lol:):) You gotta remember who you are talking too I started RIF(Reading is Fundamental)...

KBlack25

Starter
I seriously don't understand the timing of this thread. Why make a thread about something that happened weeks ago when we are down 0-2 and getting our asses kicked by the Heat???

Melo has been carrying this team for weeks now and all of a sudden we need to talk about Melo pre MDA when Amare just took himself out the playoffs yet again? Worst thread of the moment.

I haven't been on the board in a few months, we've been smoked by Miami twice, and it's clear to me we would've drawn not Miami, but quite possibly Indiana, Boston or Atlanta if Melo decided not to quit the first half of the season. That's why.

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
Awwww perfect....advanced metrics lol..... sounds like a wallflower lol.... why does that line from hoosiers come to mind:" measure the basket how high is it???? 10 feet" Leave it to some donut who can't play to come up with some crap so they can interject their non-player self into a hoops conversation lol:) Next we can use quantum physics to calculate the correct trajectory of the ball into the hoop gtfo lol:):) You gotta remember who you are talking too I started RIF(Reading is Fundamental)...

I "gotta" remember who I am talking "too"? RIF buddy - it's to, not too.

But that's okay, you are obviously not bright enough to accept that some people might not have needed to play the game in order to advance solid hypotheses on how the game works.

Advanced metrics can be used to tell us something, if you choose to ignore that, you choose to remain ignorant. That's fine with me. Feel free to do you.

But just because I (or anyone else) realizes the value of advanced metrics and how we can really measure effectiveness of a ball player more accurately doesn't mean I (or anyone else) don't (doesn't) know what I am talking about. I am looking for the best way to even the playing field and understand how guys truly compare.

Sportswriters and GMs everywhere have accepted the value of andvanced metrics - and many GMs (people much more in tune with the game than you will ever be) are using advanced metrics to great success (see: the 2011 Dallas Mavericks). But I'm sure you probably know more about running a team than Mark Cuban and basically every GM in the NBA who has commissioned advanced scouts to track advanced statistics.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
It's been a while since I posted on here as work has me bogged down but after last night i am breaking my long held silence.
I can't take it anymore. EC Player of the Month, areat April. But we finished this season pretty close to the six seed where we'd be against a pacers team we could beat. Why aren't we there? Because Melo didn't like the coach and quite frankly I'm effing sick of this.

Never before in my life have I seen a Knicks player quit on his teammates, admit he quit on his teammates and then have all forgiven when he actually gave half of a crap on this team. This guy is a nine year vet, but he needs a coach to come in and hold his hand and check on him like a freaking six year old?
This guy is a joke. Say what you want about amare who has not had a great year, he never quit on this team and these fans.

And maybe if Carmelo cared for more than half a year we wouldn't be getting embarrassed by Miami.

This is irrelevant. It's the past.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
KBlack25,I agree with you on everything you have said about Melo.He has single handedly destroyed this team b/c he does'nt want to play team ball.The Knicks or anybody else CANNOT win playing Melo ball!!

I have lost alot of respect for melo b/c of the way he has acted this year.He quit playing,acted like a baby,got his coach fired and has completly gotten the knicks away from playing team ball.

Stat has clearly gotten a raw deal out of this whole situation and its not right.He only got to shoot the ball nine times BUT made 18 points.Melo on the other hand thinks he has to take every shot on the floor and thats the reason the knicks suck.

Melo has single handedly turned this knick team into the 76ers when AI played there.He acted the same way and how many rings did he end up winning? NONE!! The knicks also play alot like the cavs did when James was there.When the ball got threw to james he would hold it the whole 24 seconds and shoot.How many rings did James win with the cavs? NONE!!

So don't get ready anytime soon for a championship trophy b/c its not going to happen until Melo gets traded or grows up.

clumsy

Rotation player
K Black you cannot seriously say Stat is giving 100% effort when he doensn't even put his hands up on Defense to get in a players grill

Not having any defensive awareness is one thing, but not even showing the minimal effort is just as damning. He also can't box out for anything.

Can't hate on Melo because he is trying his best to win. He stepped up big time when D'Ant stepped down.

To be honest...If I was playing under the former coach I wouldn't give him my all either...slimply because he was a clueless coach that only wore down his players with his coaching style.

I also wouldn't want to damage my game or body playing for that dude. We have a bunch on injuries and Melo is the only one on the team that can do something. He still tries to get his team involved but they are stinking it up...so what's a bro to do...but take matters into his own hands.

When we were playing with a healther roster Melo was close to being a triple double guy...now everyone that's left (healthy) is defering, but he can't do it alone. He'll try thou...and have fun doing it. I just want a healthy team to cheer for... forunately, I was blessed to have that...even if it was in spurts.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I "gotta" remember who I am talking "too"? RIF buddy - it's to, not too.

But that's okay, you are obviously not bright enough to accept that some people might not have needed to play the game in order to advance solid hypotheses on how the game works.

Advanced metrics can be used to tell us something, if you choose to ignore that, you choose to remain ignorant. That's fine with me. Feel free to do you.

But just because I (or anyone else) realizes the value of advanced metrics and how we can really measure effectiveness of a ball player more accurately doesn't mean I (or anyone else) don't (doesn't) know what I am talking about. I am looking for the best way to even the playing field and understand how guys truly compare.

Sportswriters and GMs everywhere have accepted the value of andvanced metrics - and many GMs (people much more in tune with the game than you will ever be) are using advanced metrics to great success (see: the 2011 Dallas Mavericks). But I'm sure you probably know more about running a team than Mark Cuban and basically every GM in the NBA who has commissioned advanced scouts to track advanced statistics.

Then you know I will continue to hand you the shovel so you can bury yourself. I saw a funny blurb in the sports section today: "Paul Pierce BATTLES through another tough shooting night to score 36....Celtic win....without Rajon Rondo." So using your stupid little equation he should have stopped shooting because he wasn't EFFICIENT. But your equation doesn't account for the fact that a scorer will SHOOT THIER WAY OUTTA A SLUMP. Pierce only went 12-26 from the field, but managed to get to the free-throw line 13 times, of which he made 11. I would call that efficient and it was because he KEPT shooting. That is what is known in Boxing as "effective aggressiveness" or what Teddy Atlas would call:"a perponderance of punches." Scorers win by VOLUMES of shots like good BOXERS win by volumes of punches. %'s are irrelevant as long as the shots are in THE FLOW OF THE OFFENSE.

It's also funny you bring up the same sportswriters who regard MELO as a top five player and just VOTED MELO NBA PLAYER OF THE MONTH. But i guess as the song goes: HATERS GONNA HATE(kb black), BALLERS GONNA BALL(Melo). You sure this isn't PERSONAL like Melo didn't sign an autograph for ya, or were you one of those ****LOVERS that hated to see Gallinari go???:):)

jimkcchief88

All Star
KBlack25,I agree with you on everything you have said about Melo.He has single handedly destroyed this team b/c he does'nt want to play team ball.The Knicks or anybody else CANNOT win playing Melo ball!!

I have lost alot of respect for melo b/c of the way he has acted this year.He quit playing,acted like a baby,got his coach fired and has completly gotten the knicks away from playing team ball.

Stat has clearly gotten a raw deal out of this whole situation and its not right.He only got to shoot the ball nine times BUT made 18 points.Melo on the other hand thinks he has to take every shot on the floor and thats the reason the knicks suck.

Melo has single handedly turned this knick team into the 76ers when AI played there.He acted the same way and how many rings did he end up winning? NONE!! The knicks also play alot like the cavs did when James was there.When the ball got threw to james he would hold it the whole 24 seconds and shoot.How many rings did James win with the cavs? NONE!!

So don't get ready anytime soon for a championship trophy b/c its not going to happen until Melo gets traded or grows up.

Uhhh and STAT got a raw deal how????? Last I checked Melo is playing tomorrow night....He didn't throw a fit like a two year old(STAT) and knock himself out of the rest of the series. Not to mention MELO CAME INTO the NBA fresh off the NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP he won as a FRESHMAN. Its not MELO's fault they never surrounded him with talent in small-market Denver which why MELO left the cowtown to come home to the NYC. Same reason Lebron left small market Cleveland for Miami to be surrounded by more talent in Miami to win a title. Using your logic Lebron is a LOSER as well because he spent 7 years with the CAVS and no title. But again as the song goes: HATERS GONNA HATE(wvknickfan), BALLERS GONNA BALL(MELO).:):)

nyk_nyk

All Star
I haven't been on the board in a few months, we've been smoked by Miami twice, and it's clear to me we would've drawn not Miami, but quite possibly Indiana, Boston or Atlanta if Melo decided not to quit the first half of the season. That's why.

Can you please show me where Melo ever stated that he "quit" on the team? Also, if you're blaming Melo for losing to teams like NO, CHA, NJ, TOR... then that's sad.

KBlack25

Starter
Can you please show me where Melo ever stated that he "quit" on the team? Also, if you're blaming Melo for losing to teams like NO, CHA, NJ, TOR... then that's sad.

Carmelo admitted he wasn't giving effort on defense. No putting forth an effort is a conscious decision and quitting.