Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
jimkcchief88 we will just have to agree to dissagree! I want Melo to play team ball b/c that would make the knicks 1000 times better imo.You have a right to feel how you feel b/c its a free country and I respect your opinion.I hope you respect my opinion even thow you don't agree with it.

jimkcchief88

All Star
jimkcchief88 we will just have to agree to dissagree! I want Melo to play team ball b/c that would make the knicks 1000 times better imo.You have a right to feel how you feel b/c its a free country and I respect your opinion.I hope you respect my opinion even thow you don't agree with it.

I am going to enjoy MELO wheeling and dealing with my fresh MELO swingman jersey on....get hip to the fact....it's gonna be poetry in motion.... watch the man out put boys on his back...it's where AMAZING happens...take advantage

jimkcchief88

All Star
So are you saying we all should expect not only a win tonight BUT a series win againist the heat?

I am saying one game at a time; it's pivotal game three; do or die; and we ain't going out like that against the damn HEAT... Look for double-nickels in the garden from MELO tomorrow night...He's a melofellow

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Melo could stand to take a lesson or two re how to get it done in the playoffs from Paul "The Truth" Pierce.

I hate the Celts, but I respect the way Pierce plays the game of basketball.

Dude dropped 36, grabbed 12 boards, shot just under 50% (12-26 ) and played 44 minutes all while playing defense against one of the better perimeter players in the league in Joe Johnson last nite.

Melo is a great scorer. I wish he would do more than just that.

Re Kblacks points on Melo's foolish behavior and antics.. yeah I agree.

He's a bitch. It's in his personality to be bitchlike and selfish. That's just the way he is.

I wish he'd put the team first.

I wish he'd dive on the floor for a lose ball.

I wish he'd take a charge.

I wish he'd defend as if his life depended on it every game.

I wish he'd put the blue and orange first man and not his selfish wants/ demands.

Like I said... he's a bitch.

I root for him cause he's a Knick and that wont change inspite of his glaring shortcomings.

Last edited:
Reactions: pat

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I am saying one game at a time; it's pivotal game three; do or die; and we ain't going out like that against the damn HEAT... Look for double-nickels in the garden from MELO tomorrow night...He's a melofellow

Yeah but why take the easy way out? You are confident in Melo right? Predict it and you would be THE MAN on the board.:smokin:

pat

Starter
Melo people, Dolan people, and Anti-D'antoni people are peas in a pod, and go hand in hand. This is all typical, James Dolan bull****....the only difference is some fans deluded themselves to deeply into thinking D'antoni was the issue, that they lost site of all perspective, and actually believed that he would leave and we would become champs overnight.

What happened to us competing against anyone right away following D'antoni leaving?

A quick historical recap:

*Walsh and D'antoni didn't want to do the Melo deal. Dolan did. We lost players Walsh and D'antoni wanted; Dolan chose Melo.

*Walsh wanted to re-assert control of his vision and the D'antoni's, Dolan resisted. Walsh left.

*Melo quits on the team and D'antoni, D'antoni after proving huge success with Melo out and a reasonable PG, implores Dolan to move accept the past mistakes (see: above) and move forward, Dolan resisted, Dolan sided with Melo and against D'antoni. D'antoni, like Walsh, leaves.

*Melo magically starts playing like Melo, despite playing in an offense that was virtually identical to what was there as D'antoni offense: centered around ball movement, players committing as a team, creating and taking lots of 3pters, and small lineups being used to great success.

People are burying their heads in the sand if they don't wanna recognize the deep probs we got, and don't wanna open their eyes to what has gone down. The excuses for Melo, the hatred for D'antoni.......whatever, it can ALL be summarized by referring to it as one thing: Dolan's Plan.

Wow. All that in a nutshell. As long as Dolan is pulling the strings in NY we will end up with the Marburies, the Anthonies and Keith van Horns in this league.

pat

Starter
I am going to enjoy MELO wheeling and dealing with my fresh MELO swingman jersey on....get hip to the fact....it's gonna be poetry in motion.... watch the man out put boys on his back...it's where AMAZING happens...take advantage

I like your sarcasm.

Peter

Benchwarmer
No, but it's completely irrelevant in our current situation.

If he did what you said he did you are 100% right and I couldn't agree more with you, but Miami are still raping us and would have raped us.

Melo is who he is, Amar'e is who he is, Chandler is who he is.

It's the combination of players/coaches on our team that is just absurd and wack as hell.

If everything was sunshine and rainbows the Heat would still rape us.
We don't have a point guard, our center can't score apart from alley-op and the occasional putback, our power forward has no post game at all and is a below par rebounder, our small forward is a chucker on offense and a subpar defender, our shooting guard is in hospital with a torn ACL and our bench is a bunch of bull****.

This roster is a chemical experiment gone horribly wrong.

I'd cut everyone but Shumpert and Lin and maybe Jordan and start from scratch next season if I could.

Try to emulate the Spurs way of building a team, because there is a reason they're good like forever.

I agree with you totally!

Peter

Benchwarmer
Melo is a ball-stopper, he has all smiles on his face when he loses a game because he has scored more than 30 points.

JR plays inconsistant-ball. too many silly and unpreofessional fouls.

BD plays too many hero-ball. Minutes later, he is out of game because his back or whatever reason.

Bibby only can pass a ball. Shoot a 3, please, I would rather novak shoot that 3.

Novak can be easily shut down, that is his big problem.

Fields nowdays also want to try to shoot 3s. Please stop.

Stat is a big liability now for knicks. Depend on a good PG too much and defense poorly. Too tall to get rebound.

Lin, shump,tyson must stay next season, maybe novak too. Fields can stay second unit because of his low pay. The rest, I dont really care.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
If you want to copy the Spurs you must have an owner and a structure that gives power to an extremely intelligent and disciplinarian coach....
that can not happen in NYC unfortunately.

CalBunny

Rookie
Carmelo is making noise in the playoff

The noise of a dying animal. 8 out of 9 years dead in the first round. Hope all you Melo fans are happy. This is what you will get year after year with a selfish iso garbage player.

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
The noise of a dying animal. 8 out of 9 years dead in the first round. Hope all you Melo fans are happy. This is what you will get year after year with a selfish iso garbage player.

Well said Cal. Melo and Amare don't fit and the Knicks are capped out. What they should do is hire a new GM to gut the roster. That would give them cap space to... Oh wait they did that 4 years. Nevermind. Let's just enjoy the stupidity. This organization can never win as long as Jimmy D is in charge. I say bring back Isiah and let the circus return.

And another note, I've hated Pat Riley ever since he departed the Knicks by fax some 14 years ago. I'm re-thinking that now. He just had to get away from Dolan. He was right for what he did and it has worked out well for him in Miami. No one can work for Dolan. Sad but he has destoyed a beloved franchise. Please Jimmy sell the team. Pleaseeeeee.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Carmelo isn't a playoff player. He showed how useful he can be during the regular season, he was named player of the month for a reason. But he's been underachieving when it really counts - in the playoffs. He makes $20M/year and he's supposed to carry the team even if he constantly gets doubled or if other major pieces of his team are injured. I'm not saying he should win the series against a top seeded team completely on his own. But I do expect him to win ONE DAMN GAME, to play like he played in G2 in Boston. I understand Miami plays some great defense and knows how to shut him down, but FFS if he didn't play like **** for a huge part of the season maybe we wouldn't face the Heat but Indiana, Orlando or Atlanta!

Of course, it's not solely his fault, Amare underachieved as well, we played without a respectable point guard for a good few months, D'Antoni failed, some injuries occured, but still, if you want to be considered a superstar, you have to make things happen.

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
Carmelo isn't a playoff player. He showed how useful he can be during the regular season, he was named player of the month for a reason. But he's been underachieving when it really counts - in the playoffs. He makes $20M/year and he's supposed to carry the team even if he constantly gets doubled or if other major pieces of his team are injured. I'm not saying he should win the series against a top seeded team completely on his own. But I do expect him to win ONE DAMN GAME, to play like he played in G2 in Boston. I understand Miami plays some great defense and knows how to shut him down, but FFS if he didn't play like **** for a huge part of the season maybe we wouldn't face the Heat but Indiana, Orlando or Atlanta!

Of course, it's not solely his fault, Amare underachieved as well, we played without a respectable point guard for a good few months, D'Antoni failed, some injuries occured, but still, if you want to be considered a superstar, you have to make things happen.

D'antoni and Walsh didn't fail. They were overruled by Dolan and Isiah. Just think, if we didn't gut our team for the selfish Melo we could have waited to the end of the season and given up the same players for Chris Paul. Certainly a combo of Paul, Amare and Chandler would have been a better long term fit. As it stands now Melo and Amare can't play together and neither can be traded. The team is back where it started with Marbury. The Knicks are the dumbest organization in sports. That will never change until the fans stop going and force Dolan to sell the team. That's a long way off so sit back and enjoy the stupidity.

tiger0330

Legend
We're playing a better team, great players in Wade, LBJ and to a lesser extent Bosh who want to win first and get paid second.

We on the other hand have a bunch of mercenaries who came to the Knicks because they could get the fattest paycheck, give me 5 guys motivated to win over 5 guys motivated by money any day when you're trying to win a championship.

dudes mad at Melo because everyone else on the team was sucking...smh. Novak couldn't do Jack but shoot an uncontested 3ball. They shut him down easily. Bibby and Davis are way pass their prime. J.J. can't score if his life depended on it. Chandler is all about Defense...any points from him is a bonus. Fields turned soft ever since Melo came to town. He's had plenty of opportunities to help but fails. Lin is injured... just like I knew would happen sooner or later. Shump is out and was never a scoring threat but our Defensive scrapper. Douglas...I don't know what the deal is with him. Jordan is rawer than a skin flick. Amare is having the worse year of his life. Jorts is still in development. J.R. Smith is a streaky scorer but still can help.

Melo is the only one I see out there playing his ass off. He's playing in the playoff this year and last where Amare missed both years because of his injuries. Who else is there to step it up...other than Melo.

If you gonna hate, at least hate for a reason and direct your anger in the right direction. smfh.