Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

tiger0330

Legend
Really? We're blaming these losses on Melo? What about the other guys we're paying? They all get a pass?

As far as I can see, Melo is working the hardest out there (with the exception of Chandler).
I agree. I'm not blaming one player, the Heat have shown they're a far better team. Just pissed about all those pre-playoff comments about how deep we are, we'll be dangerous in the playoffs yadda yadda yadda.

I don't expect the team is going to pull any rabbits out of the hat and win this thing but please win game 4 and not go zero for 12 years w/o winning a playoff game.

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
Melo is just not a team player or a leader. When things go bad look how quick this doritos eating balloon deflates. Chandler should lead this team and get rid of the overpriced celebrities.

CalBunny

Rookie
I can tell you don't watch many Knicks games.

I can tell you have vision problem. I can tell when iso Melo is going to just shot the ball. As soon as i saw him drop his head, i knew he is not going to pass the ball. Are you even watching the first 3 games? He is still trying to prove to everyone that he is da man, this is his team. He wants to be like Kobe, but he is not good enough. He needs to stop his selfish iso play, Knicks will never content for a title when he plays like this.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I can tell you have vision problem. I can tell when iso Melo is going to just shot the ball. As soon as i saw him drop his head, i knew he is not going to pass the ball. Are you even watching the first 3 games? He is still trying to prove to everyone that he is da man, this is his team. He wants to be like Kobe, but he is not good enough. He needs to stop his selfish iso play, Knicks will never content for a title when he plays like this.

Learn how to analyze the game properly before making such stupid comments. I refer you to:

PLEASE READ AND PAY ATTENTION!

If Baron walks it up, eats up 6-7 seconds doing so; keeps his dribble while looking around, Miami is denying Melo all the way out past the 3 point line, he finally gets the ball with about 13 seconds left on the clock, he's now standing at the free throw line extended (way out on the wing), he looks up, and he sees Novak blanketed, Tyson fronted, Baron on the other god damn side of the court -- opposite free throw line extended, and JR desperately trying to get away from Wade or Chalmers....what does Melo do? Is it selfish for him to try to get his own shot there? Where does he apply his truly unselfish mind, and go with the ball?

And in scenarios where Melo is being fronted about 18 feet from the cup, why does Baron....after he expends the 6-7 seconds walking it up...why does he take another 2-3 seconds trying to make the perfect lob pass to Melo behind the man fronting him? Now once again, Melo finally gets the ball, 13-14 seconds on the shot clock, he's either blitzed with another defender, sent baseline so the help can meet him at the rim, or he faces up, and sees what I described in the previous paragraph.

What is he to do?

To avoid those situations, the team needs to get into it's offense quicker. I don't want to blame Baron, because he's trying. But if he's not gonna push in transition, then he needs to attack in the half court set a bit more....I counted Baron getting to the rim twice in the game yesterday. Once for a floater, and the other where he shook Miller. Conversely, Lin lived in the paint.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
LOL did that guy actually say he wanted d'antoni here? why so we can still lose?

this team was thrown together, is extremly inexperenced, had no offseason together, and a lot of you dont realize this but amare and melo never had an offseason together.

i like our roster, we just played a much hungrier, healthier, and more experienced team

I'm starting to think people know this...deep down.

I think that they just can't get over their love of a flawed coach leaving. How can they be so blind to the true reasons of why we are losing? Putting all the blame on one particular player will only expose their envy and the fact that they are not really watching the games...smh

CalBunny

Rookie
Learn how to analyze the game properly before making such stupid comments. I refer you to:

PLEASE READ AND PAY ATTENTION!

You are the stupid ass. Stop making excuses for ISO Melo. He wants the offense to go thru him. Sometime he brings the ball up court and iso then shoot the ball. He is a selfish loser...nothing more. There were many time last night where he just decided to play hero (iso). There are open people but he wants to be a hero.

KBlack25

Starter
You are the stupid ass. Stop making excuses for ISO Melo. He wants the offense to go thru him. Sometime he brings the ball up court and iso then shoot the ball. He is a selfish loser...nothing more. There were many time last night where he just decided to play hero (iso). There are open people but he wants to be a hero.

I don't know if this is the case.

Woodson was notorious for Joe Johnson Iso Ball in Atlanta. He's brought the same offense into NY.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Hes just out of shape. He can't play offense and defense in the same game... If he puts any energy AT ALL into playing defense and rebounding.. he just chucks unbalanced shots and nothing goes in..

If hes playing well on offense he doesn't get back, plays slow lazy and clueless on defense.

In the end either way Melo doesn't help. Him playing one end of the floor is canceled out by how poorly he is going to play on the other

Trade him and State, I don't even care.

CalBunny

Rookie
I don't know if this is the case.

Woodson was notorious for Joe Johnson Iso Ball in Atlanta. He's brought the same offense into NY.

Woodson should be let go as well. He allows Melo and Jr to play ISO ball and chunking up 40 shots by themselves. WTF is he thinking...oh yeah...he doesn't have a brain.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
That right there is the problem with the way you think. You want Melo to take on the Heat all by himself????? He can't! Nobody can do it all by themselves. Even in CLE when Lebron dominated his supporting cast found a way to help him along the way. In fact, the main reson he left is because he too often had to do everything by himself.

You need to change the way you view the game. This isn't NBA 2K.
I don't understand your NBA 2K argument, mostly because I played the game maybe once in my entire life and I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

But, going back to another excuse you made. Carmelo together with Smith made 41 attempts in G3 while rest of the crew took just 28 shots. You can't complain about your supporting cast not delivering if you denied them the ball. Period. Woody's decided to rely on our franchise player which is an obvious choice and Melo's failed, stop making excuses that don't make any sense.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I assume you're talking about Smith. If you don't know why then you don't understand the players on the team and the options we were left with due to injuries.

Bench players are not supposed to attempt 18 shots, unless they are on fire. 5-18 is unacceptable.

nyk_nyk

All Star

I can't believe even after I posted a good read for you to understand the teams' difficulties you still don't get it. I now know that you just have a personal issue with Melo and its useless at this point.

I mean you can't even logically express yourself with true basketball analysis. all you're doing is calling him names. LOL (fairweatherfans)

nyk_nyk

All Star
Bench players are not supposed to attempt 18 shots, unless they are on fire. 5-18 is unacceptable.

Lou Williams, Ben Gordon, James Harden have all taken 15+ shots off the bench numerous times.

What's your point? It happens sometimes when needed.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
I don't understand your NBA 2K argument, mostly because I played the game maybe once in my entire life and I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

But, going back to another excuse you made. Carmelo together with Smith made 41 attempts in G3 while rest of the crew took just 28 shots. You can't complain about your supporting cast not delivering if you denied them the ball. Period. Woody's decided to rely on our franchise player which is an obvious choice and Melo's failed, stop making excuses that don't make any sense.

Melo was denying the ball to his teammates? I think either A you dont watch the games or b. Just blinded with melo hate..So let me get this staright youd rather Melo pass to contested novak, who can shed a defender to save his life? Oh no he should pass it to the sharpshooter Landry fields. Or nO he should try to force it into Chandler(which he tried numerous times). Or do we just let one of the most devastating scorers in the game try and get his own shot. MIAMI PLAYS FANTASTIC DEFENSE. MIAMI IS BETTER THEN US RIGHT NOW. They are giving melo his shots while denying the ball elsewhere. Melo can not beat Wade,Bosh, and Lebitch by himself. JVG said it earlier in the year, everyone LOVES to BLAME Melo when he shoots 25 times a game and loses. But when they win...they call him the one of the greatest scorers in the game. Hes the only scorer in history to get so much **** for shooting the ball....

CA7

Scoring Champ

Melo and JR were the only ones who could get their own shots off, Novak, Fields, Bibby, Chandler, Jorts all need to be set up and when they were they all missed, so whats your point

Den318

Benchwarmer
Melo and JR were the only ones who could get their own shots off, Novak, Fields, Bibby, Chandler, Jorts all need to be set up and when they were they all missed, so whats your point

Melo and Jr took way too many contested shots. Just give up the ball. If your teammate can't get a shot, the ball will come back to you. You can't set up Novak, Chandler, Fields etc etc if you have no intention to give up your shot. Woodson allow JR and Carmelo to run the game while the rest of the team stand and watch.

Carmelo, JR and Woodson are all held accountable to the 3 lost. These 3 just have no clue how to win games. The excuses for MELO is just plain stupid. He sucked when we needed him, no excuses please.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I might as well start copying and pasting my responses in all these Melo & Stat threads lol. Why cant we talk about something else and sticky the Carmelo and Amare stuff

To tell you the truth, if you dont like Carmelo or Stoudemire oh well just deal with it most likely they will be here for ANOTHER 3 YEARS. Im not so sure about Amare but Carmelo for sure ain't going nowhere just like JERMEY LIN for SURE aint going nowhere. These are DOLAN'S MONEY BOYS

Live with it, Accept it, And prepare for next season.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
I might as well start copying and pasting my responses in all these Melo & Stat threads lol. Why cant we talk about something else and sticky the Carmelo and Amare stuff

To tell you the truth, if you dont like Carmelo or Stoudemire oh well just deal with it most likely they will be here for ANOTHER 3 YEARS. Im not so sure about Amare but Carmelo for sure ain't going nowhere just like JERMEY LIN for SURE aint going nowhere. These are DOLAN'S MONEY BOYS

Live with it, Accept it, And prepare for next season.

Agree! But some of the fans need to vent out the steam for losing 3 straight and well on our way getting swept. We all held high hope thru this chaotic season and to end up getting totally embarrassed.....it's a hard pill to swallow.