Page 22 of 124 FirstFirst ... 216171819202122232425262728425272 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 1850

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

  1. #316
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,148
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Who told me scorers are supposed to be efficient?

    Well, John Hollinger for one - PER relies on True Shooting Percentage:

    True Shooting Percentage - what a player's shooting percentage would be if we accounted for free throws and 3-pointers. True Shooting Percentage = Total points / [(FGA + (0.44 x FTA)]

    So yes, how many attempts v. how many points you have is something that matters.

    The responses to this thread are absolutely disgusting.

    Never have I ever in my life seen fans see a player admit he quit on the team, and then get absolved because he tried later. Are you ****ing joking me? This guy is a nine year vet, and didn't try hard because he didn't like the coach...and you absolve him of all wrongdoing?

    What kind of backwards ass messed up world is this where a guy can say that he wasn't giving an effort, and that's okay?
    And John Hollinger is WHO again. I would bet he is some EGGHEAD PHD that has NEVER even played in a pickup game because no one wanted him lol

  2. #317
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WANTED MDA GONE, ADMIT YOU F*CKIN IDIOTS, YOU WANTED HIM GONE. MELO HATED HIM TOO AND KNEW THIS TEAM WAS GOING TO BE GARBAGE WITH HIM AND WE WERE! MELO SAVED US FROM HIM, HE SAVED US FROM MORE LOSING SEASONS TO COME AND HE SAVED US FROM WASTING THE TALENT ON THIS ROSTER.

    Melo didn't have to come here, that money **** is bull****, he would have got paid the same amount in Denver. He WANTED to come here, to play in front you guys and to be a KNICK.

    Melo has single handedly won us games this year, WHERE WAS YOUR SAVIOR OF THE KNICKS STOUDEMIRE!? BEING A 100 MILLION DOLLAR PIECE OF ****!

    Den you are one of the dumbest motherf*ckers on here bro, Melo this and Melo that, that's all I f*ckin hear from you.

    He quit on the team your right but god damn I would have also BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WAS F*CKING PRODUCING.

    and where the f*ck are the threads for JR CHUCK LIKE A BITCH SMITH and Landry I SUCK DICK fields!? is it because they played for MDA and liked losing so they don't get hated on for lickin dick?

    Red rep me, talk **** about me, IDGAF any more. I sick of you people.

    You are 100% right..........Melo did the right thing by quitting on his team. Whenever a player is unhappy they too should do what Melo did and quit on the team......

    So If I guy is getting less minutes then he deserves then when he is in he should not try......is that what you are saying ?

    Melo gets paid 18 million a year to play basketball. ....I cannot beleive that you think it was OK for him to quit on the team.

  3. #318
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    You are 100% right..........Melo did the right thing by quitting on his team. Whenever a player is unhappy they too should do what Melo did and quit on the team......

    So If I guy is getting less minutes then he deserves then when he is in he should not try......is that what you are saying ?

    Melo gets paid 18 million a year to play basketball. ....I cannot beleive that you think it was OK for him to quit on the team.
    I cant answer that, I dont get paid 18 mil to put a ball in a hoop.

  4. #319
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WANTED MDA GONE, ADMIT YOU F*CKIN IDIOTS, YOU WANTED HIM GONE. MELO HATED HIM TOO AND KNEW THIS TEAM WAS GOING TO BE GARBAGE WITH HIM AND WE WERE! MELO SAVED US FROM HIM, HE SAVED US FROM MORE LOSING SEASONS TO COME AND HE SAVED US FROM WASTING THE TALENT ON THIS ROSTER.

    Melo didn't have to come here, that money **** is bull****, he would have got paid the same amount in Denver. He WANTED to come here, to play in front you guys and to be a KNICK.

    Melo has single handedly won us games this year, WHERE WAS YOUR SAVIOR OF THE KNICKS STOUDEMIRE!? BEING A 100 MILLION DOLLAR PIECE OF ****!

    Den you are one of the dumbest motherf*ckers on here bro, Melo this and Melo that, that's all I f*ckin hear from you.

    He quit on the team your right but god damn I would have also BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WAS F*CKING PRODUCING.

    and where the f*ck are the threads for JR CHUCK LIKE A BITCH SMITH and Landry I SUCK DICK fields!? is it because they played for MDA and liked losing so they don't get hated on for lickin dick?

    Red rep me, talk **** about me, IDGAF any more. I sick of you people.
    Yea, you're healthy.

  5. #320
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    And John Hollinger is WHO again. I would bet he is some EGGHEAD PHD that has NEVER even played in a pickup game because no one wanted him lol
    John Hollinger has forgotten more about hoops than you ever knew.

    It's a pretty widely accepted thought that points/FGA is an important and useful stat.

  6. #321
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    And John Hollinger is WHO again. I would bet he is some EGGHEAD PHD that has NEVER even played in a pickup game because no one wanted him lol
    Double post.
    Last edited by KBlack25; May 01, 2012 at 21:31.

  7. #322
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WANTED MDA GONE, ADMIT YOU F*CKIN IDIOTS, YOU WANTED HIM GONE. MELO HATED HIM TOO AND KNEW THIS TEAM WAS GOING TO BE GARBAGE WITH HIM AND WE WERE! MELO SAVED US FROM HIM, HE SAVED US FROM MORE LOSING SEASONS TO COME AND HE SAVED US FROM WASTING THE TALENT ON THIS ROSTER.

    Melo didn't have to come here, that money **** is bull****, he would have got paid the same amount in Denver. He WANTED to come here, to play in front you guys and to be a KNICK.

    Melo has single handedly won us games this year, WHERE WAS YOUR SAVIOR OF THE KNICKS STOUDEMIRE!? BEING A 100 MILLION DOLLAR PIECE OF ****!

    Den you are one of the dumbest motherf*ckers on here bro, Melo this and Melo that, that's all I f*ckin hear from you.

    He quit on the team your right but god damn I would have also BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WAS F*CKING PRODUCING.

    and where the f*ck are the threads for JR CHUCK LIKE A BITCH SMITH and Landry I SUCK DICK fields!? is it because they played for MDA and liked losing so they don't get hated on for lickin dick?

    Red rep me, talk **** about me, IDGAF any more. I sick of you people.
    Wrong.

    You also need to calm down. And stop mbarassing yourself by tilting more than a pinball machine.

    You need to take a nap. Your post is riddled with more holes than a whorehouse.

  8. #323
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Damn bro your right, call the Knicks, tell them your K-Black from KnicksOnline and tell to trade Carmelo immediately.
    I know I'm right. Thanks!

  9. #324
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,148
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    John Hollinger has forgotten more about hoops than you ever knew.

    It's a pretty widely accepted thought that points/FGA is an important and useful stat.
    I doubt that very seriously....very seriously.... I love it with bookworms come up with useless stats and try to act like you know something we don't know...we call them DONUTS and they don't RUN with US just so you KNOW...

  10. #325
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I doubt that very seriously....very seriously.... I love it with bookworms come up with useless stats and try to act like you know something we don't know...we call them DONUTS and they don't RUN with US just so you KNOW...
    You can use your archaic stuff to figure it out.

    But when you decide to open up a book and read something, maybe you will find that advanced metrics actually can help you discern interesting things about sports.

  11. #326
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I'd like to take this time to point out that Melo's career playoffs winning percentage is something like 37%.

    But if you take out that ONE YEAR where he got out of the first round, it's exactly 14%.

    A 14% winning percentage in the playoffs.

    Melo = Loser.

    And you don't need to be a "bookworm" to understand those numbers.

  12. #327
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I seriously don't understand the timing of this thread. Why make a thread about something that happened weeks ago when we are down 0-2 and getting our asses kicked by the Heat???

    Melo has been carrying this team for weeks now and all of a sudden we need to talk about Melo pre MDA when Amare just took himself out the playoffs yet again? Worst thread of the moment.

  13. #328
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,148
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    You can use your archaic stuff to figure it out.

    But when you decide to open up a book and read something, maybe you will find that advanced metrics actually can help you discern interesting things about sports.
    Awwww perfect....advanced metrics lol..... sounds like a wallflower lol.... why does that line from hoosiers come to mind:" measure the basket how high is it???? 10 feet" Leave it to some donut who can't play to come up with some crap so they can interject their non-player self into a hoops conversation lol Next we can use quantum physics to calculate the correct trajectory of the ball into the hoop gtfo lol You gotta remember who you are talking too I started RIF(Reading is Fundamental)...

  14. #329
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I seriously don't understand the timing of this thread. Why make a thread about something that happened weeks ago when we are down 0-2 and getting our asses kicked by the Heat???

    Melo has been carrying this team for weeks now and all of a sudden we need to talk about Melo pre MDA when Amare just took himself out the playoffs yet again? Worst thread of the moment.
    I haven't been on the board in a few months, we've been smoked by Miami twice, and it's clear to me we would've drawn not Miami, but quite possibly Indiana, Boston or Atlanta if Melo decided not to quit the first half of the season. That's why.
    Last edited by KBlack25; May 01, 2012 at 23:51.

  15. #330
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Awwww perfect....advanced metrics lol..... sounds like a wallflower lol.... why does that line from hoosiers come to mind:" measure the basket how high is it???? 10 feet" Leave it to some donut who can't play to come up with some crap so they can interject their non-player self into a hoops conversation lol Next we can use quantum physics to calculate the correct trajectory of the ball into the hoop gtfo lol You gotta remember who you are talking too I started RIF(Reading is Fundamental)...
    I "gotta" remember who I am talking "too"? RIF buddy - it's to, not too.

    But that's okay, you are obviously not bright enough to accept that some people might not have needed to play the game in order to advance solid hypotheses on how the game works.

    Advanced metrics can be used to tell us something, if you choose to ignore that, you choose to remain ignorant. That's fine with me. Feel free to do you.

    But just because I (or anyone else) realizes the value of advanced metrics and how we can really measure effectiveness of a ball player more accurately doesn't mean I (or anyone else) don't (doesn't) know what I am talking about. I am looking for the best way to even the playing field and understand how guys truly compare.

    Sportswriters and GMs everywhere have accepted the value of andvanced metrics - and many GMs (people much more in tune with the game than you will ever be) are using advanced metrics to great success (see: the 2011 Dallas Mavericks). But I'm sure you probably know more about running a team than Mark Cuban and basically every GM in the NBA who has commissioned advanced scouts to track advanced statistics.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 568
    Last Post: May 22, 2013, 20:42
  2. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread (revised)
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2012, 18:05
  3. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2012, 22:15
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 18:01

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •