Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

metrocard

Legend
Its hilarious to see people compare Melo with the likes of Novak and Smith and dudes who really are close to being out of the NBA like Davis, Fields, Jefferies, Bibby, Harrellson and majority of the Knicks roster.

We gutted our entire future for Melo.

Melosexuals compare Melo to the likes of Kobe and LBJ.

Melosexuals proclaim Melo is top 5-10 player OVERALL, not just scoring.

When Melo fails, Melosexuals stop all that sh*t talk and resort to comparing Melo to C level NBA players.

its weak.

Melosexuals are a cancer to these forums and discussions.

Their minds aren't clear and they lack basic logic to understand Melo expectations are obviously high. We've paid Melo to play like a superstar and he hasn't done it. ISO players needed a certain pieces around them to be successful or they need to adjust their game, score less and work off the ball more.Learn to play with PG. This is why Kevin Durant is so successful.

If you wanted a true superstar, check out Tracey McGrady's playoff numbers and performances.

T'Mac just like Melo never enjoyed much winning in his career in the playoffs, but T'Mac always preformed to the best of his ability.

Melo seems like he has no problem underachieving.

Melo definitely needs to be more consistent in the postseason. This current series isn't the first time he averaged less than 35% shooting in the playoffs; in fact it's an alarming pattern with him.

Playoff defense is tougher, and Melo needs to learn to play smarter.

D'antoni and Walsh didn't fail. They were overruled by Dolan and Isiah. Just think, if we didn't gut our team for the selfish Melo we could have waited to the end of the season and given up the same players for Chris Paul. Certainly a combo of Paul, Amare and Chandler would have been a better long term fit. As it stands now Melo and Amare can't play together and neither can be traded. The team is back where it started with Marbury. The Knicks are the dumbest organization in sports. That will never change until the fans stop going and force Dolan to sell the team. That's a long way off so sit back and enjoy the stupidity.

Atleast one guy ain't blind on here!

Well said my man and AMEN to that.

I might as well start copying and pasting my responses in all these Melo & Stat threads lol. Why cant we talk about something else and sticky the Carmelo and Amare stuff

To tell you the truth, if you dont like Carmelo or Stoudemire oh well just deal with it most likely they will be here for ANOTHER 3 YEARS. Im not so sure about Amare but Carmelo for sure ain't going nowhere just like JERMEY LIN for SURE aint going nowhere. These are DOLAN'S MONEY BOYS

Live with it, Accept it, And prepare for next season.

I ain't preparing ****.

Dolan can kiss my ass!

I'd rather spend my money on a franchise called New York Football Giants.

Mara, Tisch and Reese **** on Dolan's stupid ass everyday of the week.

They're actually serious about beeing competitive and winning those damn trophies rather than using the franchise as a cash cow exclusively.

I'm running out of ****s to give for this owner.

KBlack25

Starter
I might as well start copying and pasting my responses in all these Melo & Stat threads lol. Why cant we talk about something else and sticky the Carmelo and Amare stuff

To tell you the truth, if you dont like Carmelo or Stoudemire oh well just deal with it most likely they will be here for ANOTHER 3 YEARS. Im not so sure about Amare but Carmelo for sure ain't going nowhere just like JERMEY LIN for SURE aint going nowhere. These are DOLAN'S MONEY BOYS

Live with it, Accept it, And prepare for next season.

YEAH! THIS IS A KNICKS MESSAGE BOARD! HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE THE TEAM! EVERY POST ON HERE SHOULD BE "COME ON KNICKS!"

/sarcasm

fender0577

Rotation player
My problem is MELO isn't the only knick to suck *ss in this series, theres a lot of blame to go around.It seems like the anti-Melo posters were just waiting to pounce with all these anti-Melo threads, way to many of these popped up at the first sign of trouble, in the series.Like i said, there's plenty blame to go around, no one's cutting, no back screens, no talking on D, giving up to many second shots, ect.Melo can't be responsible for all that...can he?I just counted 5 ant-Melo threads, that's a bit much, don't ya think?

Last edited:

pat

Starter
That right there is the problem with the way you think. You want Melo to take on the Heat all by himself????? He can't! Nobody can do it all by themselves.

No, here is the problem: Melo's game is 100 per cent geared towards doing exactly that. He is trying to do something he can't do (anymore???). Whenever Lebron has been criticized for choking, he tried to involve his team mates too much. Melo is doing the exact opposite. There is no way Novak is getting an open three or Chandler catching a lob if the ball is in Melo's hands at the elbow. That's not too difficult to understand, is it?

Like i said, there's plenty blame to go around, no one's cutting, no back screens, no talking on D, giving up to many second shots, ect.Melo can't be responsible for all that...can he?

Have you ever played with a Melo type of player on the same team? Maybe you are going to run 50 cuts, maybe 100 without getting the ball (on some sort of a regular basis), but at some point you just stop because empty cuts are frustrating. Throw in a coach who strengthens this tendency and you are in for trouble. It might do the trick as long as you are winning, but once you things are not working... . You know the rest.

Last edited:

fender0577

Rotation player
No, here is the problem: Melo's game is 100 per cent geared towards doing exactly that. He is trying to do something he can't do (anymore???). Whenever Lebron has been criticized for choking, he tried to involve his team mates too much. Melo is doing the exact opposite. There is no way Novak is getting an open three or Chandler catching a lob if the ball is in Melo's hands at the elbow. That's not too difficult to understand, is it?

Have you ever played with a Melo type of player on the same team? Maybe you are going to run 50 cuts, maybe 100 without getting the ball (on some sort of a regular basis), but at some point you just stop because empty cuts are frustrating. Throw in a coach who strengthens this tendency and you are in for trouble. It might do the trick as long as you are winning, but once you things are not working... . You know the rest.
You got a point, but cutting isn't just to get a pass, it would open the paint for penetrators, make defenders, make decisions on who to guard, and get big men out of position for defensive rebounds.All i was saying, is we can't blame every thing on 1 player, with 5 different threads, why MELO sucks, it's overkill.Oh did i mention, it would take all 5 defenders eyes off melo, all game long.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
My problem is MELO isn't the only knick to suck *ss in this series, theres a lot of blame to go around.It seems like the anti-Melo posters were just waiting to pounce with all these anti-Melo threads, way to many of these popped up at the first sign of trouble, in the series.Like i said, there's plenty blame to go around, no one's cutting, no back screens, no talking on D, giving up to many second shots, ect.Melo can't be responsible for all that...can he?I just counted 5 ant-Melo threads, that's a bit much, don't ya think?

Of course it is extremely unfair to put the blame all on Melo. Like you said, he is just one of the five on the court. At the same time, you do realize that he is the focal point of our offense. He is also the face of the franchise.

Scapegoat, a definite yes. Overreaction, maybe. But Melo is getting paid to be the LEADER, not just one of the role players. The criticisms, no matter how harsh they may be, are well deserved.

I am hoping that Melo will grow from this experience. We need him to be more than just another player.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Melo defenders are ruining this site.

I have to agree b/c before EVERYBODY on here could have a civil conversation without arguing when we dissagreed.Now its completly oppisite b/c these posters want to argue everytime they don't agree with you. Im beginning to think these melo fans are just melo fans and not knick fans.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
What's wrong with this list?

Here's the list:
1. Carmelo Anthony, 16-36, .308
2. Mookie Blaylock, 18-36, .333
3. Eduardo Najera, 20-39, .339
4. Chris Dudley, 20-34, .370
5. Brad Miller, 19-31, .380
6. Anthony Peeler, 22-35, .386
7. Marcus Camby, 30-46, .395
8. Stacey Augmon, 31-46, .403
9. Shane Battier, 22-32, .407
10. Tyron Corbin, 28-40, .412

Worst record in playoffs last 20 years, out of all nba ballers.

What's wrong witht he list? Carmelo Anthony is the only "superstar" on it.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Listen I understand you guys having your opinion on him, its you right the same way I have my opinions on others but I just dont like how guys are solely blaming him for us losing this series, that aint right, if you didn't do that then there would be no need to argue but solely blaming him isn't fair when no one has stepped up to fill the voids, Shumpert/Stoudemire/Lin left

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
I think we should be blaming everyone, and I mean everyone but, Carmelo and Amare deserve the most criticism. I love melo, but he did not try at the begining of the season. He admitted as much. He has been less then stellar in this series(not entirely his fault) but he "THE GUY" so he deserves to be criticized. Amare hasnt been there mentally all season. Hes had alot of off court issues, and I sympathizewith that, but you are a max contraact player. You need to show the mental toughness to leave off the court issues, off the court. They are the the supposed leaders on this team, and fairly or unfairly they are going to recieve the blame. Thats what comes with being "Superstars". They take the blame and strive/work to accomplish more. This offseason will be very telling. No more excuses. Next year is put up or shut up. Either accept the challenge and prove everyone wrong, or falter proving you're both nothing more then overpaid, scorers who cant co-exist.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I think we should be blaming everyone, and I mean everyone but, Carmelo and Amare deserve the most criticism. I love melo, but he did not try at the begining of the season. He admitted as much. He has been less then stellar in this series(not entirely his fault) but he "THE GUY" so he deserves to be criticized. Amare hasnt been there mentally all season. Hes had alot of off court issues, and I sympathizewith that, but you are a max contraact player. You need to show the mental toughness to leave off the court issues, off the court. They are the the supposed leaders on this team, and fairly or unfairly they are going to recieve the blame. Thats what comes with being "Superstars". They take the blame and strive/work to accomplish more. This offseason will be very telling. No more excuses. Next year is put up or shut up. Either accept the challenge and prove everyone wrong, or falter proving you're both nothing more then overpaid, scorers who cant co-exist.

pretty all I was asking for when it comes to holding the team accountable

Melo deserves a lot of flake but not all the flake which is what he's getting all the flake

edit: nvm I'm done :gony:

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Here's the list:
1. Carmelo Anthony, 16-36, .308
2. Mookie Blaylock, 18-36, .333
3. Eduardo Najera, 20-39, .339
4. Chris Dudley, 20-34, .370
5. Brad Miller, 19-31, .380
6. Anthony Peeler, 22-35, .386
7. Marcus Camby, 30-46, .395
8. Stacey Augmon, 31-46, .403
9. Shane Battier, 22-32, .407
10. Tyron Corbin, 28-40, .412
Worst record in playoffs last 20 years, out of all nba ballers.

What's wrong witht he list? Carmelo Anthony is the only "superstar" on it.

Last edited: