Page 23 of 124 FirstFirst ... 317181920212223242526272829435373 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 1850

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

  1. #331
    Superstar welcometonycity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    879
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    It's been a while since I posted on here as work has me bogged down but after last night i am breaking my long held silence.
    I can't take it anymore. EC Player of the Month, areat April. But we finished this season pretty close to the six seed where we'd be against a pacers team we could beat. Why aren't we there? Because Melo didn't like the coach and quite frankly I'm effing sick of this.

    Never before in my life have I seen a Knicks player quit on his teammates, admit he quit on his teammates and then have all forgiven when he actually gave half of a crap on this team. This guy is a nine year vet, but he needs a coach to come in and hold his hand and check on him like a freaking six year old?
    This guy is a joke. Say what you want about amare who has not had a great year, he never quit on this team and these fans.

    And maybe if Carmelo cared for more than half a year we wouldn't be getting embarrassed by Miami.
    This is irrelevant. It's the past.

  2. #332
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by welcometonycity
    This is irrelevant. It's the past.
    It's not irrelevant bc his attitude early this season hurt our record tremendously which is hurting our draw. Which we are suffering for right now.

  3. #333
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    671
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    KBlack25,I agree with you on everything you have said about Melo.He has single handedly destroyed this team b/c he does'nt want to play team ball.The Knicks or anybody else CANNOT win playing Melo ball!!

    I have lost alot of respect for melo b/c of the way he has acted this year.He quit playing,acted like a baby,got his coach fired and has completly gotten the knicks away from playing team ball.

    Stat has clearly gotten a raw deal out of this whole situation and its not right.He only got to shoot the ball nine times BUT made 18 points.Melo on the other hand thinks he has to take every shot on the floor and thats the reason the knicks suck.

    Melo has single handedly turned this knick team into the 76ers when AI played there.He acted the same way and how many rings did he end up winning? NONE!! The knicks also play alot like the cavs did when James was there.When the ball got threw to james he would hold it the whole 24 seconds and shoot.How many rings did James win with the cavs? NONE!!

    So don't get ready anytime soon for a championship trophy b/c its not going to happen until Melo gets traded or grows up.

  4. #334
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    We'll see how Melo responds on game 3.

  5. #335
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    K Black you cannot seriously say Stat is giving 100% effort when he doensn't even put his hands up on Defense to get in a players grill

    Not having any defensive awareness is one thing, but not even showing the minimal effort is just as damning. He also can't box out for anything.

  6. #336
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Can't hate on Melo because he is trying his best to win. He stepped up big time when D'Ant stepped down.

    To be honest...If I was playing under the former coach I wouldn't give him my all either...slimply because he was a clueless coach that only wore down his players with his coaching style.


    I also wouldn't want to damage my game or body playing for that dude. We have a bunch on injuries and Melo is the only one on the team that can do something. He still tries to get his team involved but they are stinking it up...so what's a bro to do...but take matters into his own hands.


    When we were playing with a healther roster Melo was close to being a triple double guy...now everyone that's left (healthy) is defering, but he can't do it alone. He'll try thou...and have fun doing it. I just want a healthy team to cheer for... forunately, I was blessed to have that...even if it was in spurts.

  7. #337
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,148
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I "gotta" remember who I am talking "too"? RIF buddy - it's to, not too.

    But that's okay, you are obviously not bright enough to accept that some people might not have needed to play the game in order to advance solid hypotheses on how the game works.

    Advanced metrics can be used to tell us something, if you choose to ignore that, you choose to remain ignorant. That's fine with me. Feel free to do you.

    But just because I (or anyone else) realizes the value of advanced metrics and how we can really measure effectiveness of a ball player more accurately doesn't mean I (or anyone else) don't (doesn't) know what I am talking about. I am looking for the best way to even the playing field and understand how guys truly compare.

    Sportswriters and GMs everywhere have accepted the value of andvanced metrics - and many GMs (people much more in tune with the game than you will ever be) are using advanced metrics to great success (see: the 2011 Dallas Mavericks). But I'm sure you probably know more about running a team than Mark Cuban and basically every GM in the NBA who has commissioned advanced scouts to track advanced statistics.
    Then you know I will continue to hand you the shovel so you can bury yourself. I saw a funny blurb in the sports section today: "Paul Pierce BATTLES through another tough shooting night to score 36....Celtic win....without Rajon Rondo." So using your stupid little equation he should have stopped shooting because he wasn't EFFICIENT. But your equation doesn't account for the fact that a scorer will SHOOT THIER WAY OUTTA A SLUMP. Pierce only went 12-26 from the field, but managed to get to the free-throw line 13 times, of which he made 11. I would call that efficient and it was because he KEPT shooting. That is what is known in Boxing as "effective aggressiveness" or what Teddy Atlas would call:"a perponderance of punches." Scorers win by VOLUMES of shots like good BOXERS win by volumes of punches. %'s are irrelevant as long as the shots are in THE FLOW OF THE OFFENSE.

    It's also funny you bring up the same sportswriters who regard MELO as a top five player and just VOTED MELO NBA PLAYER OF THE MONTH. But i guess as the song goes: HATERS GONNA HATE(kb black), BALLERS GONNA BALL(Melo). You sure this isn't PERSONAL like Melo didn't sign an autograph for ya, or were you one of those ****LOVERS that hated to see Gallinari go???

  8. #338
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,148
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    KBlack25,I agree with you on everything you have said about Melo.He has single handedly destroyed this team b/c he does'nt want to play team ball.The Knicks or anybody else CANNOT win playing Melo ball!!

    I have lost alot of respect for melo b/c of the way he has acted this year.He quit playing,acted like a baby,got his coach fired and has completly gotten the knicks away from playing team ball.

    Stat has clearly gotten a raw deal out of this whole situation and its not right.He only got to shoot the ball nine times BUT made 18 points.Melo on the other hand thinks he has to take every shot on the floor and thats the reason the knicks suck.

    Melo has single handedly turned this knick team into the 76ers when AI played there.He acted the same way and how many rings did he end up winning? NONE!! The knicks also play alot like the cavs did when James was there.When the ball got threw to james he would hold it the whole 24 seconds and shoot.How many rings did James win with the cavs? NONE!!

    So don't get ready anytime soon for a championship trophy b/c its not going to happen until Melo gets traded or grows up.
    Uhhh and STAT got a raw deal how????? Last I checked Melo is playing tomorrow night....He didn't throw a fit like a two year old(STAT) and knock himself out of the rest of the series. Not to mention MELO CAME INTO the NBA fresh off the NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP he won as a FRESHMAN. Its not MELO's fault they never surrounded him with talent in small-market Denver which why MELO left the cowtown to come home to the NYC. Same reason Lebron left small market Cleveland for Miami to be surrounded by more talent in Miami to win a title. Using your logic Lebron is a LOSER as well because he spent 7 years with the CAVS and no title. But again as the song goes: HATERS GONNA HATE(wvknickfan), BALLERS GONNA BALL(MELO).

  9. #339
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I haven't been on the board in a few months, we've been smoked by Miami twice, and it's clear to me we would've drawn not Miami, but quite possibly Indiana, Boston or Atlanta if Melo decided not to quit the first half of the season. That's why.
    Can you please show me where Melo ever stated that he "quit" on the team? Also, if you're blaming Melo for losing to teams like NO, CHA, NJ, TOR... then that's sad.

  10. #340
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Can you please show me where Melo ever stated that he "quit" on the team? Also, if you're blaming Melo for losing to teams like NO, CHA, NJ, TOR... then that's sad.
    Carmelo admitted he wasn't giving effort on defense. No putting forth an effort is a conscious decision and quitting.

  11. #341
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Then you know I will continue to hand you the shovel so you can bury yourself. I saw a funny blurb in the sports section today: "Paul Pierce BATTLES through another tough shooting night to score 36....Celtic win....without Rajon Rondo." So using your stupid little equation he should have stopped shooting because he wasn't EFFICIENT. But your equation doesn't account for the fact that a scorer will SHOOT THIER WAY OUTTA A SLUMP. Pierce only went 12-26 from the field, but managed to get to the free-throw line 13 times, of which he made 11. I would call that efficient and it was because he KEPT shooting. That is what is known in Boxing as "effective aggressiveness" or what Teddy Atlas would call:"a perponderance of punches." Scorers win by VOLUMES of shots like good BOXERS win by volumes of punches. %'s are irrelevant as long as the shots are in THE FLOW OF THE OFFENSE.

    It's also funny you bring up the same sportswriters who regard MELO as a top five player and just VOTED MELO NBA PLAYER OF THE MONTH. But i guess as the song goes: HATERS GONNA HATE(kb black), BALLERS GONNA BALL(Melo). You sure this isn't PERSONAL like Melo didn't sign an autograph for ya, or were you one of those ****LOVERS that hated to see Gallinari go???
    That whole rant you gave does factor into the equation. Its points over fga - so getting to the line counts. Pierce was more efficient than Melo was. But continue to build a straw man and make no sense.

  12. #342
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by clumsy
    K Black you cannot seriously say Stat is giving 100% effort when he doensn't even put his hands up on Defense to get in a players grill

    Not having any defensive awareness is one thing, but not even showing the minimal effort is just as damning. He also can't box out for anything.
    Amare does put his hands up...but then he turns his body sideways to avoid any contact....it really is unreal

  13. #343
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Then you know I will continue to hand you the shovel so you can bury yourself. I saw a funny blurb in the sports section today: "Paul Pierce BATTLES through another tough shooting night to score 36....Celtic win....without Rajon Rondo." So using your stupid little equation he should have stopped shooting because he wasn't EFFICIENT. But your equation doesn't account for the fact that a scorer will SHOOT THIER WAY OUTTA A SLUMP. Pierce only went 12-26 from the field, but managed to get to the free-throw line 13 times, of which he made 11. I would call that efficient and it was because he KEPT shooting. That is what is known in Boxing as "effective aggressiveness" or what Teddy Atlas would call:"a perponderance of punches." Scorers win by VOLUMES of shots like good BOXERS win by volumes of punches. %'s are irrelevant as long as the shots are in THE FLOW OF THE OFFENSE.

    It's also funny you bring up the same sportswriters who regard MELO as a top five player and just VOTED MELO NBA PLAYER OF THE MONTH. But i guess as the song goes: HATERS GONNA HATE(kb black), BALLERS GONNA BALL(Melo). You sure this isn't PERSONAL like Melo didn't sign an autograph for ya, or were you one of those ****LOVERS that hated to see Gallinari go???
    I wish Melo had the attitude of Paul Pierce....
    Melo has more skill but Pierce's attitude makes him a winner

  14. #344
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    671
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Uhhh and STAT got a raw deal how????? Last I checked Melo is playing tomorrow night....He didn't throw a fit like a two year old(STAT) and knock himself out of the rest of the series. Not to mention MELO CAME INTO the NBA fresh off the NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP he won as a FRESHMAN. Its not MELO's fault they never surrounded him with talent in small-market Denver which why MELO left the cowtown to come home to the NYC. Same reason Lebron left small market Cleveland for Miami to be surrounded by more talent in Miami to win a title. Using your logic Lebron is a LOSER as well because he spent 7 years with the CAVS and no title. But again as the song goes: HATERS GONNA HATE(wvknickfan), BALLERS GONNA BALL(MELO).
    LOL to listen to you and every other melo defender its never Melo's fault.You are wrong about Melo not throwing a fit b/c the guy has threw a fit and acted like a baby ALL YEAR LONG.The only reason he has'nt punched a glass is b/c he has cried so much until he got his way. You can say I hate melo all you want but that is far from the truth.I wish nothing but the best for melo and WANT him to succeed for the knicks.The way he acts and the one on one game that he plays rather than playing team ball makes hit hard to cheer for the guy.I want the knicks to win a championship with melo but as long as melo plays keeps playing selfish and no team ball then we can forget about winning any nba championships. FACTS ARE FACTS (jimkcchief88) BALLERS GOT ALOT TO LEARN (MELO)

  15. #345
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,148
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    LOL to listen to you and every other melo defender its never Melo's fault.You are wrong about Melo not throwing a fit b/c the guy has threw a fit and acted like a baby ALL YEAR LONG.The only reason he has'nt punched a glass is b/c he has cried so much until he got his way. You can say I hate melo all you want but that is far from the truth.I wish nothing but the best for melo and WANT him to succeed for the knicks.The way he acts and the one on one game that he plays rather than playing team ball makes hit hard to cheer for the guy.I want the knicks to win a championship with melo but as long as melo plays keeps playing selfish and no team ball then we can forget about winning any nba championships. FACTS ARE FACTS (jimkcchief88) BALLERS GOT ALOT TO LEARN (MELO)
    HATER ALERT!!! REPEAT AFTER ME: NBA PLAYER OF THE MONTH!!! NOW THATS A FACT JACK

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 568
    Last Post: May 22, 2013, 20:42
  2. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread (revised)
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2012, 18:05
  3. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2012, 22:15
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 18:01

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •