Page 24 of 120 FirstFirst ... 418192021222324252627282930445474 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 1796

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

  1. #346
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    That whole rant you gave does factor into the equation. Its points over fga - so getting to the line counts. Pierce was more efficient than Melo was. But continue to build a straw man and make no sense.
    A free-throw is not a FIELD GOAL attempt dummy; Two different catagories stat man, TRY AGAIN

  2. #347
    Member Newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Can't we just be happy that the Knicks did as well as
    they did and stop trying to find blame??!!


  3. #348
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    A free-throw is not a FIELD GOAL attempt dummy; Two different catagories stat man, TRY AGAIN
    I think he's saying points scored at the free throw line doesn't count as points scored off of a field goal attempt, so it's more efficient when you have a nice separation between points scored and FGAs.

    26 points on 30 shots is inefficient. I just don't see that being on the same level as missing 5 out of 8 playoff games in 2 years, especially when both were self inflicted, outside of the confines of an NBA game. Tweaking your back on an overly athletic dunk in the layup line, and then cutting your hand on glass covering a fire extinguisher, is far more egregious than feeling the need to carry your team in the playoffs.....yet again, because you're not getting much help.

    Amar'e was 1-1 from the field in the first half on Monday, 3-4 from the free throw line. So by that stat line, he took a grand total of 3 shot attempts in the first half, 2 not counting as attempts on the box score. But still 3, nonetheless.

    3 actual attempts in one half of basketball. $18,217,705 salary. 3 shot attempts from the field in a half of playoff basketball.

    Fields had 3 attempts in the first half, Tyson had 4....Amar'e had 3. You have to find a way to get more shots if you're making $18,217,705. Simple as that.

  4. #349
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    A free-throw is not a FIELD GOAL attempt dummy; Two different catagories stat man, TRY AGAIN
    Wow. Okay. Let me break this down for you very basically.

    When a player attempts a "Free Throw", he is able to make one point for each time he puts it in the basket.

    These so-called "points" are added to his team, and vicariously, his individual totals.

    At the end of the game, you can add up all of the "points" that player scored for a "total" of points - again, for clarity's sake these INCLUDE one point for every free throw made.

    Even though a free throw counts for a point, it does NOT count as a FG attempt, whether it is hit or missed.

    Therefore, if a player scores 10 FTs, and 20 points elsewhere on the floor on 15 field goal attempts, he will actually have scored THIRTY (10 + 20) on FIFTEEN FGA (or, 2 total points per field goal attempt - Thirty points divided by fifteen field goal attempts).

    By the same token, a guy who scores 0 FTs and 20 points elsewhere on the floor on 15 field goal attempts, he will have only scored TWENTY points on FIFTEEN FGA (for a total of 1.3333 points per field goal attempt).

    Player TWO in this scenario is less efficient than player ONE even though they scored the same points from the field on the same amount of attempts, because Player ONE got himself to, and made, his free throw attempts - essentially player one is rewarded for attacking the hoop and getting fouled.

    This concludes third grade mathematics.

    Christ, it's no wonder intelligence scares you.

  5. #350
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I think he's saying points scored at the free throw line doesn't count as points scored off of a field goal attempt, so it's more efficient when you have a nice separation between points scored and FGAs.

    26 points on 30 shots is inefficient. I just don't see that being on the same level as missing 5 out of 8 playoff games in 2 years, especially when both were self inflicted, outside of the confines of an NBA game. Tweaking your back on an overly athletic dunk in the layup line, and then cutting your hand on glass covering a fire extinguisher, is far more egregious than feeling the need to carry your team in the playoffs.....yet again, because you're not getting much help.

    Amar'e was 1-1 from the field in the first half on Monday, 3-4 from the free throw line. So by that stat line, he took a grand total of 3 shot attempts in the first half, 2 not counting as attempts on the box score. But still 3, nonetheless.

    3 actual attempts in one half of basketball. $18,217,705 salary. 3 shot attempts from the field in a half of playoff basketball.

    Fields had 3 attempts in the first half, Tyson had 4....Amar'e had 3. You have to find a way to get more shots if you're making $18,217,705. Simple as that.
    I agree Amare has been bad.

    Fact of the matter is though, last year if Amare blew out his back dunking in the layup line, he would have blown it out at some point in that series. If a layup line dunk, no matter how flashy, blows out your back actual playoff basketball would certainly have done it.

  6. #351
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Newbie
    Can't we just be happy that the Knicks did as well as
    they did and stop trying to find blame??!!

    This is an Internet message board.

    So no.

  7. #352
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Wow. Okay. Let me break this down for you very basically.

    When a player attempts a "Free Throw", he is able to make one point for each time he puts it in the basket.

    These so-called "points" are added to his team, and vicariously, his individual totals.

    At the end of the game, you can add up all of the "points" that player scored for a "total" of points - again, for clarity's sake these INCLUDE one point for every free throw made.

    Even though a free throw counts for a point, it does NOT count as a FG attempt, whether it is hit or missed.

    Therefore, if a player scores 10 FTs, and 20 points elsewhere on the floor on 15 field goal attempts, he will actually have scored THIRTY (10 + 20) on FIFTEEN FGA (or, 2 total points per field goal attempt - Thirty points divided by fifteen field goal attempts).

    By the same token, a guy who scores 0 FTs and 20 points elsewhere on the floor on 15 field goal attempts, he will have only scored TWENTY points on FIFTEEN FGA (for a total of 1.3333 points per field goal attempt).

    Player TWO in this scenario is less efficient than player ONE even though they scored the same points from the field on the same amount of attempts, because Player ONE got himself to, and made, his free throw attempts - essentially player one is rewarded for attacking the hoop and getting fouled.

    This concludes third grade mathematics.

    Christ, it's no wonder intelligence scares you.
    Dude don't even try to confuse me. A free-throw is NOT a field goal attempt. PERIOD. Two different columns in the STAT-LINE. PERIOD. I do finance for a living so I understand mathematics just fine. 2+2=4 every time. The great scorers in todays league are jump shooters. That means the shots they take are low % shots. There are no more Kareems or Wilts, or Hakeems that can score a lot of points on a high% Field Goal attempts. Check the top 10 leading scorers with your own system to verify this. They all by your own definition will be inefficient. But they get to the line, where most are good free-throw shooters, to make up the difference. Free-throws again are not FG. You can use your new math all you want, but I know the difference. I was playing Statis-Pro Basketball, the board game, long before 2k whatever was on xbox. Look it up.

  8. #353
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Dude don't even try to confuse me. A free-throw is NOT a field goal attempt. PERIOD. Two different columns in the STAT-LINE. PERIOD. I do finance for a living so I understand mathematics just fine. 2+2=4 every time. The great scorers in todays league are jump shooters. That means the shots they take are low % shots. There are no more Kareems or Wilts, or Hakeems that can score a lot of points on a high% Field Goal attempts. Check the top 10 leading scorers with your own system to verify this. They all by your own definition will be inefficient. But they get to the line, where most are good free-throw shooters, to make up the difference. Free-throws again are not FG. You can use your new math all you want, but I know the difference. I was playing Statis-Pro Basketball, the board game, long before 2k whatever was on xbox. Look it up.
    LMFAO you just don't get it.

    FTs are not FGA you are right - but efficiency gives the player attacking the hoop and getting to the FT line (drawing contact getting what should be easy points) by counting the points without counting a FGA.

    RIF.

  9. #354
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    HATER ALERT!!! REPEAT AFTER ME: NBA PLAYER OF THE MONTH!!! NOW THATS A FACT JACK
    HOMER ALERT!!! REPEAT AFTER ME: NBA PLAYER OF THE MONTH PLAYER WITH NO NBA CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS!!! NOW THATS A FACT JACK

    Game set and match!! have a nice day!!!

  10. #355
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    HOMER ALERT!!! REPEAT AFTER ME: NBA PLAYER OF THE MONTH PLAYER WITH NO NBA CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS!!! NOW THATS A FACT JACK

    Game set and match!! have a nice day!!!
    Uhhh this is a KO.COM, Kinda supposed to be a HOMER!!! Hello Mcfly.... WV must stand for West Virginia so u get the HILLBILLY pass lol

  11. #356
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Uhhh this is a KO.COM, Kinda supposed to be a HOMER!!! Hello Mcfly.... WV must stand for West Virginia so u get the HILLBILLY pass lol


    Another ROUND ONE AND OUT from Melo. He is a loser. 0 for 6 in playoff games with the Knicks. He is nothing but a selfish loser. He can score 50 pts tomorrow and the Knicks will lose. He is not a team player. I rather trade this loser than Amare.

  12. #357
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Den318
    Another ROUND ONE AND OUT from Melo. He is a loser. 0 for 6 in playoff games with the Knicks. He is nothing but a selfish loser. He can score 50 pts tomorrow and the Knicks will lose. He is not a team player. I rather trade this loser than Amare.
    14% playoffs winning percentage if you don't count that ONE year where he got out of the first round. And even then it's only like 34%. LOL.

    Marbury > Melo

  13. #358
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    LMFAO you just don't get it.

    FTs are not FGA you are right - but efficiency gives the player attacking the hoop and getting to the FT line (drawing contact getting what should be easy points) by counting the points without counting a FGA.

    RIF.
    Yep I agree to disagree....So while I am enjoying MELO breaking ankles tomorrow night, shooting jumpers in the Heats teeth, and going to the rack pearling and dunking, I will let you keep the stats on how inefficient MELO is. It's a role you are accustomed to because after you get cut, coach offers to let you keep STATS...Get with the program dawg and stop hating on the best player in a KNICKS uniform in over a decade.

  14. #359
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Yep I agree to disagree....So while I am enjoying MELO breaking ankles tomorrow night, shooting jumpers in the Heats teeth, and going to the rack pearling and dunking, I will let you keep the stats on how inefficient MELO is. It's a role you are accustomed to because after you get cut, coach offers to let you keep STATS...Get with the program dawg and stop hating on the best player in a KNICKS uniform in over a decade.
    ....

    You disagree that efficiency, as I stated it and explained, rewards players who attack the basket?

  15. #360
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    ....

    You disagree that efficiency, as I stated it and explained, rewards players who attack the basket?
    nooooo, the free throws are the reward..."effective aggressiveness" as I stated in my "rant".....

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 568
    Last Post: May 22, 2013, 19:42
  2. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread (revised)
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2012, 17:05
  3. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2012, 21:15
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 17:01

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •