Page 25 of 120 FirstFirst ... 519202122232425262728293031455575 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    nooooo, the free throws are the reward..."effective aggressiveness" as I stated in my "rant".....
    Right - and it's measurable via efficiency. Which Carmelo was bad at in Game 2.

jimkcchief88 we will just have to agree to dissagree! I want Melo to play team ball b/c that would make the knicks 1000 times better imo.You have a right to feel how you feel b/c its a free country and I respect your opinion.I hope you respect my opinion even thow you don't agree with it.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Right - and it's measurable via efficiency. Which Carmelo was bad at in Game 2.
    Lay off that man, tell me you didn't enjoy the facial Melo served up cold... that's I'm talking about

Veteran

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    jimkcchief88 we will just have to agree to dissagree! I want Melo to play team ball b/c that would make the knicks 1000 times better imo.You have a right to feel how you feel b/c its a free country and I respect your opinion.I hope you respect my opinion even thow you don't agree with it.
    I am going to enjoy MELO wheeling and dealing with my fresh MELO swingman jersey on....get hip to the fact....it's gonna be poetry in motion.... watch the man out put boys on his back...it's where AMAZING happens...take advantage

So are you saying we all should expect not only a win tonight BUT a series win againist the heat?

Veteran

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    So are you saying we all should expect not only a win tonight BUT a series win againist the heat?
    I am saying one game at a time; it's pivotal game three; do or die; and we ain't going out like that against the damn HEAT... Look for double-nickels in the garden from MELO tomorrow night...He's a melofellow

Melo could stand to take a lesson or two re how to get it done in the playoffs from Paul "The Truth" Pierce.

I hate the Celts, but I respect the way Pierce plays the game of basketball.

Dude dropped 36, grabbed 12 boards, shot just under 50% (12-26 ) and played 44 minutes all while playing defense against one of the better perimeter players in the league in Joe Johnson last nite.

Melo is a great scorer. I wish he would do more than just that.

Re Kblacks points on Melo's foolish behavior and antics.. yeah I agree.

He's a bitch. It's in his personality to be bitchlike and selfish. That's just the way he is.

I wish he'd put the team first.

I wish he'd dive on the floor for a lose ball.

I wish he'd take a charge.

I wish he'd defend as if his life depended on it every game.

I wish he'd put the blue and orange first man and not his selfish wants/ demands.

Like I said... he's a bitch.

I root for him cause he's a Knick and that wont change inspite of his glaring shortcomings.
    Last edited by ronoranina; May 03, 2012 at 00:02.

I am saying one game at a time; it's pivotal game three; do or die; and we ain't going out like that against the damn HEAT... Look for double-nickels in the garden from MELO tomorrow night...He's a melofellow
    Yeah but why take the easy way out? You are confident in Melo right? Predict it and you would be THE MAN on the board.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Melo people, Dolan people, and Anti-D'antoni people are peas in a pod, and go hand in hand. This is all typical, James Dolan bull****....the only difference is some fans deluded themselves to deeply into thinking D'antoni was the issue, that they lost site of all perspective, and actually believed that he would leave and we would become champs overnight.

What happened to us competing against anyone right away following D'antoni leaving?

A quick historical recap:

*Walsh and D'antoni didn't want to do the Melo deal. Dolan did. We lost players Walsh and D'antoni wanted; Dolan chose Melo.

*Walsh wanted to re-assert control of his vision and the D'antoni's, Dolan resisted. Walsh left.

*Melo quits on the team and D'antoni, D'antoni after proving huge success with Melo out and a reasonable PG, implores Dolan to move accept the past mistakes (see: above) and move forward, Dolan resisted, Dolan sided with Melo and against D'antoni. D'antoni, like Walsh, leaves.

*Melo magically starts playing like Melo, despite playing in an offense that was virtually identical to what was there as D'antoni offense: centered around ball movement, players committing as a team, creating and taking lots of 3pters, and small lineups being used to great success.

People are burying their heads in the sand if they don't wanna recognize the deep probs we got, and don't wanna open their eyes to what has gone down. The excuses for Melo, the hatred for D'antoni.......whatever, it can ALL be summarized by referring to it as one thing: Dolan's Plan.
    Wow. All that in a nutshell. As long as Dolan is pulling the strings in NY we will end up with the Marburies, the Anthonies and Keith van Horns in this league.

I am going to enjoy MELO wheeling and dealing with my fresh MELO swingman jersey on....get hip to the fact....it's gonna be poetry in motion.... watch the man out put boys on his back...it's where AMAZING happens...take advantage
    I like your sarcasm.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    No, but it's completely irrelevant in our current situation.

If he did what you said he did you are 100% right and I couldn't agree more with you, but Miami are still raping us and would have raped us.

Melo is who he is, Amar'e is who he is, Chandler is who he is.

It's the combination of players/coaches on our team that is just absurd and wack as hell.

If everything was sunshine and rainbows the Heat would still rape us.
    We don't have a point guard, our center can't score apart from alley-op and the occasional putback, our power forward has no post game at all and is a below par rebounder, our small forward is a chucker on offense and a subpar defender, our shooting guard is in hospital with a torn ACL and our bench is a bunch of bull****.

This roster is a chemical experiment gone horribly wrong.

I'd cut everyone but Shumpert and Lin and maybe Jordan and start from scratch next season if I could.

Try to emulate the Spurs way of building a team, because there is a reason they're good like forever.

I agree with you totally!

Melo is a ball-stopper, he has all smiles on his face when he loses a game because he has scored more than 30 points.

JR plays inconsistant-ball. too many silly and unpreofessional fouls.

BD plays too many hero-ball. Minutes later, he is out of game because his back or whatever reason.

Bibby only can pass a ball. Shoot a 3, please, I would rather novak shoot that 3.

Novak can be easily shut down, that is his big problem.

Fields nowdays also want to try to shoot 3s. Please stop.

Stat is a big liability now for knicks. Depend on a good PG too much and defense poorly. Too tall to get rebound.

Lin, shump,tyson must stay next season, maybe novak too. Fields can stay second unit because of his low pay. The rest, I dont really care.

If you want to copy the Spurs you must have an owner and a structure that gives power to an extremely intelligent and disciplinarian coach....
    that can not happen in NYC unfortunately.

Default Carmelo is making noise in the playoff

The noise of a dying animal. 8 out of 9 years dead in the first round. Hope all you Melo fans are happy. This is what you will get year after year with a selfish iso garbage player.

LOL, nice.

Melo is a bum.