Page 26 of 120 FirstFirst ... 620212223242526272829303132465676 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Originally Posted by CalBunny
    The noise of a dying animal. 8 out of 9 years dead in the first round. Hope all you Melo fans are happy. This is what you will get year after year with a selfish iso garbage player.
    Well said Cal. Melo and Amare don't fit and the Knicks are capped out. What they should do is hire a new GM to gut the roster. That would give them cap space to... Oh wait they did that 4 years. Nevermind. Let's just enjoy the stupidity. This organization can never win as long as Jimmy D is in charge. I say bring back Isiah and let the circus return.

And another note, I've hated Pat Riley ever since he departed the Knicks by fax some 14 years ago. I'm re-thinking that now. He just had to get away from Dolan. He was right for what he did and it has worked out well for him in Miami. No one can work for Dolan. Sad but he has destoyed a beloved franchise. Please Jimmy sell the team. Pleaseeeeee.

Carmelo isn't a playoff player. He showed how useful he can be during the regular season, he was named player of the month for a reason. But he's been underachieving when it really counts - in the playoffs. He makes $20M/year and he's supposed to carry the team even if he constantly gets doubled or if other major pieces of his team are injured. I'm not saying he should win the series against a top seeded team completely on his own. But I do expect him to win ONE DAMN GAME, to play like he played in G2 in Boston. I understand Miami plays some great defense and knows how to shut him down, but FFS if he didn't play like **** for a huge part of the season maybe we wouldn't face the Heat but Indiana, Orlando or Atlanta!

Of course, it's not solely his fault, Amare underachieved as well, we played without a respectable point guard for a good few months, D'Antoni failed, some injuries occured, but still, if you want to be considered a superstar, you have to make things happen.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Carmelo isn't a playoff player. He showed how useful he can be during the regular season, he was named player of the month for a reason. But he's been underachieving when it really counts - in the playoffs. He makes $20M/year and he's supposed to carry the team even if he constantly gets doubled or if other major pieces of his team are injured. I'm not saying he should win the series against a top seeded team completely on his own. But I do expect him to win ONE DAMN GAME, to play like he played in G2 in Boston. I understand Miami plays some great defense and knows how to shut him down, but FFS if he didn't play like **** for a huge part of the season maybe we wouldn't face the Heat but Indiana, Orlando or Atlanta!

Of course, it's not solely his fault, Amare underachieved as well, we played without a respectable point guard for a good few months, D'Antoni failed, some injuries occured, but still, if you want to be considered a superstar, you have to make things happen.
    D'antoni and Walsh didn't fail. They were overruled by Dolan and Isiah. Just think, if we didn't gut our team for the selfish Melo we could have waited to the end of the season and given up the same players for Chris Paul. Certainly a combo of Paul, Amare and Chandler would have been a better long term fit. As it stands now Melo and Amare can't play together and neither can be traded. The team is back where it started with Marbury. The Knicks are the dumbest organization in sports. That will never change until the fans stop going and force Dolan to sell the team. That's a long way off so sit back and enjoy the stupidity.

Veteran

We're playing a better team, great players in Wade, LBJ and to a lesser extent Bosh who want to win first and get paid second.

We on the other hand have a bunch of mercenaries who came to the Knicks because they could get the fattest paycheck, give me 5 guys motivated to win over 5 guys motivated by money any day when you're trying to win a championship.

Veteran

dudes mad at Melo because everyone else on the team was sucking...smh. Novak couldn't do Jack but shoot an uncontested 3ball. They shut him down easily. Bibby and Davis are way pass their prime. J.J. can't score if his life depended on it. Chandler is all about Defense...any points from him is a bonus. Fields turned soft ever since Melo came to town. He's had plenty of opportunities to help but fails. Lin is injured... just like I knew would happen sooner or later. Shump is out and was never a scoring threat but our Defensive scrapper. Douglas...I don't know what the deal is with him. Jordan is rawer than a skin flick. Amare is having the worse year of his life. Jorts is still in development. J.R. Smith is a streaky scorer but still can help.

Melo is the only one I see out there playing his ass off. He's playing in the playoff this year and last where Amare missed both years because of his injuries. Who else is there to step it up...other than Melo.

If you gonna hate, at least hate for a reason and direct your anger in the right direction. smfh.

Knicks will be 0-8 in playoffs with Lamelo as our 'leader' come Sunday.

LOL

And to think we gave up half of our team to get this celebrity.

KnicksonLIN.com

Carmelo Anthony has had a long history of choking in the playoffs. He did it for most of his time in Denver, and he's doing it now.

I don't blame him entirely for why the team lost, because Stoudemire should have been in game 3, but going 7 for 23 is unacceptable. And a 3-15 game 1 performance did not help, either.

And what I want to know is why Gay R Myth decided to jack up 18 shots.

Veteran

Originally Posted by abcd
    Carmelo Anthony has had a long history of choking in the playoffs. He did it for most of his time in Denver, and he's doing it now.

I don't blame him entirely for why the team lost, because Stoudemire should have been in game 3, but going 7 for 23 is unacceptable. And a 3-15 game 1 performance did not help, either.

maybe because Melo was the only one who had a chance of scoring on the Heat...the Heat shut everyone down. They were practically toyin with the Knicks yesterday. Gotta give props where props are due.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    But I do expect him to win ONE DAMN GAME.
    That right there is the problem with the way you think. You want Melo to take on the Heat all by himself????? He can't! Nobody can do it all by themselves. Even in CLE when Lebron dominated his supporting cast found a way to help him along the way. In fact, the main reson he left is because he too often had to do everything by himself.

You need to change the way you view the game. This isn't NBA 2K.

Default It's over

The point is that any hope for a championship is gone. The Knicks reloaded after gutting the roster and the best they can hope for is making the playoffs. Miami reloaded and are championship contenders. Dolan should have let Walsh and D'antoni continue rebuilding the proper way. Now too many parts don't fit and the team is capped out. We are staring at another 10 year dry period. That's why I say to bring back Isiah. They only fun left is too watch this team become a total laughingstock. They will be there shortly but adding Isiah will bring the hilarity to maximum height.

yeah we suck...i don't even think i'm watching the next game. Can;t stomach seeing the Heat win the series

Originally Posted by Papajoe
    D'antoni and Walsh didn't fail. They were overruled by Dolan and Isiah. Just think, if we didn't gut our team for the selfish Melo we could have waited to the end of the season and given up the same players for Chris Paul. Certainly a combo of Paul, Amare and Chandler would have been a better long term fit. As it stands now Melo and Amare can't play together and neither can be traded. The team is back where it started with Marbury. The Knicks are the dumbest organization in sports. That will never change until the fans stop going and force Dolan to sell the team. That's a long way off so sit back and enjoy the stupidity.
    Yeah it was really that easy. Lol at some of your emotional comments. We never had enough to get CP3. If Stern turned down a package including Odom and Gasol, what makes you think we had a chance? Stop the retrospective nonsense.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    dudes mad at Melo because everyone else on the team was sucking...smh. Novak couldn't do Jack but shoot an uncontested 3ball. They shut him down easily. Bibby and Davis are way pass their prime. J.J. can't score if his life depended on it. Chandler is all about Defense...any points from him is a bonus. Fields turned soft ever since Melo came to town. He's had plenty of opportunities to help but fails. Lin is injured... just like I knew would happen sooner or later. Shump is out and was never a scoring threat but our Defensive scrapper. Douglas...I don't know what the deal is with him. Jordan is rawer than a skin flick. Amare is having the worse year of his life. Jorts is still in development. J.R. Smith is a streaky scorer but still can help.

Melo is the only one I see out there playing his ass off. He's playing in the playoff this year and last where Amare missed both years because of his injuries. Who else is there to step it up...other than Melo.

If you gonna hate, at least hate for a reason and direct your anger in the right direction. smfh.
    This post should be the header on every thread.
    +1

Default Melo stinks

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    That right there is the problem with the way you think. You want Melo to take on the Heat all by himself????? He can't! Nobody can do it all by themselves. Even in CLE when Lebron dominated his supporting cast found a way to help him along the way. In fact, the main reson he left is because he too often had to do everything by himself.

You need to change the way you view the game. This isn't NBA 2K.
    We don't have to change our view. This is what Melo wanted. It is his team. He dogged it the first half of the season to get his way. He won't ever change the way he plays. He can't play with Amare. He can't play with Lin. He won't listen to D'antoni. There is a reason he has been one and out in the playoffs for his entire career. Dolan and Isiah should never have touched this bum. And to think, had we waited to the end of the last season, we could have had Chris Paul. Too too bad, but it can be no other way with Jimmy D.

Originally Posted by abcd

I assume you're talking about Smith. If you don't know why then you don't understand the players on the team and the options we were left with due to injuries.